Abjured and PZ flooding top 25

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Can we limit players to one guild challenger team… This is ridiculous. 8 of the top 25 spots are being taken by PZ and abjured making multiple guild teams and farming them up. This is really a slap in the face to the other 23 potential teams that could have a spot in gold reward territory.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I agree with you but they don’t really seem to care about anything that’s going on right now.

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

What to do.. 2 of the best teams for ESL exploiting the game.. Do you ban your best teams, or do you just push it under the rug?

You ignore it if youre anet..

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

No. Because Esports

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

In china server, they ban who ever create multiple teams to farm pips.

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

screw you guys…. im going to china….

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

In china server, they ban who ever create multiple teams to farm pips.

in soviet russia, you ban anet

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

screw you guys…. im going to soviet russia….

in PvP

Drennon.7190

Not to mention they are also using the top ten spots to advertise the name of their twitch channels. I really doubt anything will be done though. The PvP Dev team and The Abjured are so far in bed together. It’s really unprofessional the way they do business together. Personal skypes, leaked balanced doc, minstrels amulet..

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Actually I heard they’re abusing it like this to bring awareness to the issue. EU is no different, with Car Crashed claiming the top 3 spots.

I think Anet will be forced to address it before the end of the season.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

How do you check leaderboards?

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

Not to mention they are also using the top ten spots to advertise the name of their twitch channels. I really doubt anything will be done though. The PvP Dev team and The Abjured are so far in bed together. It’s really unprofessional the way they do business together. Personal skypes, leaked balanced doc, minstrels amulet..

OMFG, that’s what I’ve been trying to say for the longest time that started with Abjured getting the Minstrel amulet removed.

Absolutely unprofessional. The idiot employees that conduct this behavior is destroying Anet, the company. I wonder if the bosses in Korea even know what’s going on here.

Whenever I call this out, yes-man fan bois of the abjured who lack the intelligence to think for themselves would lash at me with dumb “insults” on a personal level.

in PvP

Drennon.7190

How do you check leaderboards?

It’s under the team tab on your guild menu.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Actually I heard they’re abusing it like this to bring awareness to the issue. EU is no different, with Car Crashed claiming the top 3 spots.

That’s noble. It’s similar to why I do meth: To bring awareness to how bad it is for you.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

That’s noble. It’s similar to why I do meth: To bring awareness to how bad it is for you.

+1

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

I would wait longer than 3 days and at least until after we enable decay before making a judgement on how the team leaderboard will settle out. It is not our intention that a single team of players has the time to possibly keep that many entries at the top of the leaderboard.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Syrius Gorn.5384

Syrius Gorn.5384

lol Evan you are not serious ? you can’t see that this guild leaderboard is a fail ?

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Does your doing meth show up on a top-meth user leaderboard? I’d be interested in knowing who’s #1

in PvP

Browrain.7346

I would wait longer than 3 days and at least until after we enable decay before making a judgement on how the team leaderboard will settle out. It is not our intention that a single team of players has the time to possibly keep that many entries at the top of the leaderboard.

Why not? They could play on each guild team once every couple days to prevent decay.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Evan can you not see how much of a problem this is?

Leagues were not ready. PvP was not ready for leagues. Can we have PvP leagues when it’s ready?

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

It’s not going to settle out. With that 3 days of waiting you will offend and lose a chunk of your user base. I’ve seen people from PZ team with abjured and vice versa. They know how to game your system because they keep in touch with people in your company with a higher position than you. You didn’t lose 3 of your co-workers to amazon for no reason

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Let’s see where this is at in 14 days. Seriously. By then all the soloQ people with dreams of moving up will have stopped playing. Pro teams will see what lies ahead for them to get their Legendaries, and may just stop farming.

Then changes may come.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

Could a system where guild teams fight only against guild teams be better than the current system? It would show the actual rankings of guild teams and make it more gvg.

I don’t see the point if i play in a guild team and i am not facing other guild teams. We want to have a competition instead of farming pugs/premades. This system is not fun for us and it’s not fun for them.

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Whenever I see a dev talking about the PvP season in any way.

Attachments:

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I really like the fact that we see TEAM MMR on it.

I would like to have access to all team positions, not just top 10.

For your informations, Abjured TEAMS MMR is going down from 2500 to 2000 in 2 dayz.

Is that interesting?

The Challenger Team Leadeboard is not grind based, it’s MMR based. WE WANT THIS.

NOW, many MMR based people that want to supported skills versus grinds, need to Ranked queue with a Guild Team and play versus HIGH MMR team to show up in there.

It’s why The Mist Initiative and PZ are on TOP. They are the players with the highest MMR of this games. This shows something more than grind 700 games to be first.

Dal

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

Why make a judgement now when you can wait 3 more days for the system to magically repair itself. I’m sure the teams that made it to the top got there by accident.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

They’re good enough to earn it though.

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

I would have nothing against any guild having as many teams in leaderboards if their victories have been against other full pre made guilds.
Then that would be GUILD WARS,it could even develp to be an esport for real with more guilds oraganizing to put down abjured dominance,but since they behave like mobsters picking on weak its pathetic…
Which team was playing that ridiculous game with 4 ele+thief?
They sure made their point,but it seams PZ and abjured will have to take whole LB for themself to prove somthing(or get attention from devs)…

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Hi Evan, certainly hope you and other staff are reading all these forum post and coming up with a plan to vastly improve Leagues, balance etc.. I don’t think anyone is happy with this implementation. I find it hard to have much respect for the way it was implemented it just doesn’t make a lot of sense that ANet team did not consider some of these outcomes and how players would reduce the game and in effect destroy the experience for many (probably most) of us. My perspective a this point is that ANet does not care and has zero intention of changing a thing

in PvP

Drennon.7190

This isn’t going to fix itself. Snagged this image from reddit.

Attachments:

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Syrius Gorn.5384

Syrius Gorn.5384

No this isn’t going to fix itself, dev must fix this exploit.

Team from a same guild, must have different players. A player can’t be in two teams in the same guild.

If a guild remove a team, then just remove it from guild ladder…

it’s not complex….

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Here’s a genius idea: Give the pro league teams 1st place prize already so they aren’t flooding the leaderboards, and then we might see who qualifies for challenger league and de-incentivize pro league teams farming the leaderboard. Wait, that makes too much sense.

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

If a guild remove a team, then just remove it from guild ladder…

Nice solution. Easy and fast.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Pimsley.3681

That’s why I don’t understand why wait for 3 more days. I know most pvpers don’t come to the forum but it’s not hard to tell that the roster is making the community feel deflated and defeated by the interactions from map, team, guild and party chat.

I’m sure the top teams earned their spot and I think they deserve the top 2 spots – but having them occupy 9 out of 10 is so wrong on so many levels.

You guys are a business out to make your customers happy, not depressed and defeated.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

It’s pretty gross. How is this not exploitative? In all honesty, I’d love to see the logic employed to justify this as a non-exploit. If it isn’t an exploit, it’s a design oversight at the least.

It needs to be fixed.

Bluxgore. Come on, bro.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

trytonianYeti.4389

This is why it’s hard to respect and take seriously the “top 2” NA pro teams. The most respectable team in NA is Never Lucky. It was heart warming what they did last Monday.

(edited by trytonianYeti.4389)

in PvP

Drennon.7190

They’re good enough to earn it though.

Each team should have one spot. Not 9…

Baer

in PvP

Browrain.7346

This is why it’s hard to respect and take seriously the “top 2” NA pro teams. The most respectable team in NA is Never Lucky. It was heart warming what they last Monday.

Because EU isn’t doing the exact same thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Yup the whole thing is unprofessional

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Hmm, I like the idea that you can only represent one of your guild teams, but that’d be easy enough for players to work around it.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Is there a limit on teams you can be in?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

This is why it’s hard to respect and take seriously the “top 2” NA pro teams. The most respectable team in NA is Never Lucky. It was heart warming what they last Monday.

Because EU isn’t doing the exact same thing.

Only Car Crashed does… yet wild soloQ Helseth punished them for this misery.

I’ve to say, I’ve completly re-evaluted my view on “pro players” GW2 has during last week. As I disliked Helseth due to his horrible self-centered attitude and bad sense of humor, he proved to be worthy, since he had balls to ignore easy farm and join soloQ pain train… unlike some other streamers from top teams.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Not sure actually but I don’t think so, I’m currently the captain for 2 of our teams and have been in n out of other teams quite often.

in PvP

Drennon.7190

No cap as far as I cap tell. And you can spread it over 5 guilds. It should just be 1 challenger team per account. If that team doesn’t work out, delete it and make a new.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

Par for the course unfortunately cause Esports and stuff.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I cant wait to see on Esport.. Abjured vs Abjured.. Who will win? the suspense

in PvP

Drennon.7190

Apparently it’s not enough to dominate all tournaments. You have to also make sure that no one can have any in game fun either.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Nick.7621

Nick.7621

Clearly you don’t play your game and that the devs are oblivious as usual… Teams such as PZ and Abj are the only ones that can play this game full time compared to others who actually have a life, therefore being able to farm leagues which they will continue to do will be possible. I think it’s time for a reset button for developers at Arena Net since there is precedent that time and time again you can’t set up a proper MMR system, and you can’t balance this game and won’t commit to balance. I’m not gonna be surprised if GW2 is going to die within the next two years since (from what I’ve heard) WvW is screwed up and PvP is getting worse and worse and none of these issues you guys properly address. People are already leaving this game to go play something else.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Clearly you don’t play your game and that the devs are oblivious as usual… Teams such as PZ and Abj are the only ones that can play this game full time compared to others who actually have a life, therefore being able to farm leagues which they will continue to do will be possible. I think it’s time for a reset button for developers at Arena Net since there is precedent that time and time again you can’t set up a proper MMR system, and you can’t balance this game and won’t commit to balance. I’m not gonna be surprised if GW2 is going to die within the next two years since (from what I’ve heard) WvW is screwed up and PvP is getting worse and worse and none of these issues you guys properly address. People are already leaving this game to go play something else.

To those who actually have a hard time comprehending this, the keyword is LIFE

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

The level of unsportmanship from these teams is unreal right now and it’s even worse that Anet’s #1 and #2 PvP developers, Josh and Hugh, are both part of the mist initiative themselves so it’s impossible to discuss anything with them unless you’re in the ESL scene. For the rest of us, we’ll just have to continue getting farmed 24/7 by these teams until everyone gets sick of it and quits gw2.