About the reward tracks and other stuff

in PvP

Posted by: Tarrek.7436

Tarrek.7436

I just want to say that I am extremely satisfied with the new reward track system. I never did much pvp other then WvW before the patch because honestly I hate to lose, do more pve, and didn’t feel like I was getting much out of it before. Now I have something to work towards. I’ve been having a lot of fun on my ranger trying to play intelligently as well. Rangers, as I’m sure you all know, are not the best class right now. In fact I’d make the claim that they are the worst, and I main one. Still I am having fun using the maps to my advantage. Skyhammer for instance is a great level for knocking people off edges or shooting from far away and up above. Anywho, I just wanted to say that the new stuff is a great addition and thanks for doing it. Good job guys.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Rangers are not the weakest class, they are one of the strongest in tournaments. It depends on the build you run though, like beserker longbow is unfortunately very limited in terms of use in PvP. You die way too quickly running it, I would suggest rolling spirits or a beastmastery build.

You want to have high defense if you are going for melee builds. I know its a bit ironic how the best builds of rangers actually rely on melee weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I use axe/dagger ranger and seem to be doing quite well.

I agree that reward tracks are not too bad. I see a lot more potential in them though.

in PvP

Tarrek.7436

I read today that the armor box at the end of the arah track only gives 1 piece of armor. I’ll do a little more research, but if that is the case then I retract my earlier statement. 1 armor piece for that amount of time is a waste. I hope it’s just a bug. Some clarification would be nice.

in PvP

Tarrek.7436

Looks like I have to take back what I said. Sorry Anet, but you messed up. It has been confirmed that you only get 1 piece of armor for finishing a reward track.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Arah-Path-Armor-Box-Answered/page/2

So now it’s a waste of time. Bye pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

You shouldn’t be farming pvp for that anyway. So buhbye.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Tarrek.7436

You shouldn’t be farming pvp for that anyway. So buhbye.

Why is that? Or do you not have a reason. Statements without thought or reason are useless in every way. They serve only to make someone seem unintelligent. Even worse, on these forums they do nothing to help developers make decisions in the game and only clutter what little there is that does do so. In the future, make some arguments towards what you say. It’s a good practice to bring into your future.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Looks like I have to take back what I said. Sorry Anet, but you messed up. It has been confirmed that you only get 1 piece of armor for finishing a reward track.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Arah-Path-Armor-Box-Answered/page/2

So now it’s a waste of time. Bye pvp.

Alright. Lets see.

Statement 1: ‘Anet, you messed up.’
Why is that?

Statement 2: ’It’s a waste of time.’
Why is that?

If the rewards are the sole reason that you play PvP then you should go pve. That’s the most rewarding area. You said ‘bye pvp’ solely because you don’t get the rewards you want. Thus implying a farming mindset in a pvp environment. This will most likely hinder your fellow players who play pvp because it’s a fun gamemode. The fun comes from beating other players, the rewards are an extra for your time spent.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!