Add Class Icon to Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Add a class icon to the Character tab on the leaderboard. This way everyone can see what the meta really is. Or just what class that player is playing today.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

it would be nice but. i have better idea.
show the class icon the player plays most of the time not the one actually he is playing today.

so we will see then every celestial classes at the top of the leaderboard. especially engineers

in PvP

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

nah.. I think it should be character based and represent the class that is assigned with that name. You have access to your favorite class played in the PvP – Home window under statistics. Why would it represent your favorite class to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

so we will see then every celestial classes at the top of the leaderboard. especially engineers

Lawl. There is no such thing as celestial professions. I could bet my boots that celestial engineers are not the majority of engineers: turreter is the most common build in low/mid tiers, and rabid engineers are popular in every tier (though probably less than celestial). Most warriors find shout bow boring, and you see a LOT of other builds: some celestial (axebow, weird hambows), but also a lot of berserker builds in low-mid tiers, and the very popular sw-sw condi build.

Even elementalist: when you say celestial, it can be d/d or staff, and you run into a lot of scepter zerker, staff zerker and staff cleric. So I doubt you could extrapolate anything about the celestial amulet from the leaderboard.

Furthermore, the popularity of a build at the scale of pvp doesn’t determine “the meta”. Power ranger, minion master necro, GS meditation guardian, turret engineer are not considered meta (some of them are quite awful), but you see an awful lot of them in low-mid tier. And there is popularity: engineers is the least played profession in GW2, because a lot of players dislike the play style and the animations, while warrior and thief are played by a greater number. In pvp, the gap is less important (especially since engi counters warriors and thieves), but you can still see these preferences influence

tldr: I think the idea of seeing the favorite profession on the LB is interesting, but I seriously doubt you’ll be able to learn much from it.

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Add a class icon to the Character tab on the leaderboard. This way everyone can see what the meta really is. Or just what class that player is playing today.

That would not tell you much. The “Character name” displays the last character they played a ranked match in. You will then have players just hiding their turret profession to avoid scrutiny. It does not display the ‘most used character’ for that account.

Example: Little Ricky’s engi character name is “Sausage Eggs” . He plays 49 matches in 1 day as a turret hero. The character name says" Sausage Eggs" all day on the LB’s. Before going to bed for an hour and then starting again, Little Ricky switches to his Mesmer character named " Illusionary Princess". Little Ricky plays 1 match on “Illusionary Princes”. Now the ‘character name’ on the LB’s will display a Mesmer icon with the character name of “Illusionary Princess”. Little Ricky avoids scrutiny. Right before end of season he makes sure his last match is a mesmer. Now everyone goes “wow a mesmer won”, which is not true.

Not saying it is a horrible idea, but the name on the LB’s is constantly changing depending on what character they are playing on. So you wanting class data on all the turret engi’s at the top of the LB’s is a little off. Besides, Anet can see what classes are most played by the top say, 100 on the LB’s. Easily accessible data for them.

I know you never said turret engi in your post, but we all know what you are thinking….

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This thread makes no sense. What purpose would adding class icons onto a broken leaderboard serve? No one looks at the top of the leaderboard and says those are the best players now.

Also, what class icon would you add if someone played multiple classes?

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

You wouldn’t be able to get anything out of this since the top of the leaderboard is dominated by soloq’ers and it’s easy to rake in wins in soloq and the meta only exists for teams. You can easily roll over soloq with things that are never seen in teams such as turret engis, power necros, condi rangers, etc…

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

What I would personally like to see is a leaderboard that represents Character and not Player.

Example: Everyone knows that style.6173 may be an amazing player on his Thief: Ichigo who is ranked 5th on the leaderboards.

Nevertheless, he is borderline garbage on his Engineer though he gets carried sometimes by his friends so his Engineer: Inspector Gadget is ranked 987 on the leaderboards.

This way the introduction of a class icon would be useful. It would also be a lot more telling.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

What I would personally like to see is a leaderboard that represents Character and not Player.

Example: Everyone knows that style.6173 may be an amazing player on his Thief: Ichigo who is ranked 5th on the leaderboards.

Nevertheless, he is borderline garbage on his Engineer though he gets carried sometimes by his friends so his Engineer: Inspector Gadget is ranked 987 on the leaderboards.

This way the introduction of a class icon would be useful. It would also be a lot more telling.

The only way what you just said would work if there was an individual leaderboard rank for every single character a player runs in PvP…

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

The only way what you just said would work if there was an individual leaderboard rank for every single character a player runs in PvP…

Yes, like in World of Warcraft.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

There doesnt have to be. Since each character already has different mmrs, Anet can just pick the one with the highest mmr. That character can be shown on the leaderboard.
It’s also possible that if you switch characters frequently, they’ll have similiar mmr levels. You’ll likely see two different characters every other day.

Solution
List the top three highest MMR characters that person owns and place these character icons side by side with each other. From highest mmr to lowest mmr. Double characters types can’t be shown.

Done.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

So you want a separate LB rank for every character a person uses? Thus forcing every player to only play a single character throughout the duration of the LB’s? Otherwise they wouldn’t be able to work for a prize. This is the most absurd request I have seen yet.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

And not just engi icon…we want a turret for turreterds…

Ark 2nd Account