All hail our new ranger overlords?

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Jokes aside, after a month Rangers will just go back to A/D+S/T setup.

Not enough changes, not yet. But it might be fun to watch these Rapid Fire animations getting ridiculously cracked up.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

For 1v1s, maybe but in team fights? A 1.25s Rapid Fire on a Thief can be really devastating.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

For 1v1s, maybe but in team fights? A 1.25s Rapid Fire on a Thief can be really devastating.

Let’s change that target to things like staff ele who’s hiding way up there~~
Imagine their frustration <3
(stop mentioning focus, I’m talking about staff ele here, which has very large impact in the current TPVP team fight situation)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Imagine their frustration

Haha! But staff eles could reflect it though.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Aomine.5012

Imagine their frustration

Haha! But staff eles could reflect it though.

Use barrage when you see magnetic field
Plus staff ele often change from Earth to Fire for that blast finisher, so it’s very easy to track down when they switch from earth to fire.
It is unlike flash air S/F ele which has instant access to air reflection AND also has reflection on earth, which is much harder to predict.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

^thats why i want ranger longbow to become meta to raise the value of myt s/f burst build ! hehe:D
Plus many classes have access to reflects and projectile defence and a lot that is.Dont think meta wont adjust to that.People will start bringing those skills and traits if it helps them against the new zerker meta class.And then people will stop bringing longbow rangers again.The sweet circle of meta :P

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

I’m talking about staff ele here

BAM magnetic aura ranger kills himself by mistake.
On a more serious note i ve been wondering how rangers will fare burst wise compared to mesmers.
Let’s say bouncing blade + illusionary berserker + mind wrack vs rapid fire.
More ? less ? about the same ?

in PvP

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

On a more serious note i ve been wondering how rangers will fare burst wise compared to mesmers.

well unlike mesmer, ranger can hit hard from a distance even after the burst, and ranger burst is a single skill on a lower CD, and GS on power specs already hits pretty hard.

i’d say dps-wise ranger is/will be better off.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in PvP

Aomine.5012

Read my later post.
Staff Ele only has one source of reflect which is pretty predictable.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Because the buffs look so strong I’m trying out Ranger and the current incarnation of the build. It’s already really strong. I feel like I’ll be swapping from thief to this once the buffs roll out, assuming thief doesn’t get buffs as well. Looks like there could be a new apex roamer so far, I feel bad for mesmers if they don’t get buffed.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If they nerf S/D Thief and D/D ele + don’t overbuff Warriors and Mesmers too much Ranger could, maybe, get a place as a roamer.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

You will also continue to be bored out of your skull too….so……meh either way.

LOL so true.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Dear Thieves,

I came here to say that your tears dropping into my beer make it more cold and delicious than any ice.

If you struggle because you can be actually hit outside of Blind/Evade/Stealth spam, maybe that’s the time to become a man, switch something instead going full zerk/full burst damage, take some hits and make our game more healthy and diverse.

With love,
Rym

Dear Deluded Person,

I came here to say that your premature gloating is highly unfounded, in fact, I cheerfully laugh off your Sic Em and your buffs and am certain we will continue to enthusiastically and systematically break you down into nothing but more tears and confusion as to why your buffs didn’t save you.

With love,
S/D thieves

Dear deluded thief

While you try frantically to hit me, i will laugh as i press my evade buttons, fear you away then spend 12 seconds in safety while pewpewing you to death.

Good luck, sincerely Yours
Glassbow ranger

In all seriousness, 12 seconds of safety? you really think so? Ever heard of breaks, shadowsteps, infiltrators strike? My friend, you need to rethink your ‘safe’ spot, that might work bottom tier, but you’re not making that against anyone skilled

Also, I’m S/D, why do I need to rely on stealth?

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Dear Thieves,

I came here to say that your tears dropping into my beer make it more cold and delicious than any ice.

If you struggle because you can be actually hit outside of Blind/Evade/Stealth spam, maybe that’s the time to become a man, switch something instead going full zerk/full burst damage, take some hits and make our game more healthy and diverse.

With love,
Rym

Dear Deluded Person,

I came here to say that your premature gloating is highly unfounded, in fact, I cheerfully laugh off your Sic Em and your buffs and am certain we will continue to enthusiastically and systematically break you down into nothing but more tears and confusion as to why your buffs didn’t save you.

With love,
S/D thieves

Dear deluded thief

While you try frantically to hit me, i will laugh as i press my evade buttons, fear you away then spend 12 seconds in safety while pewpewing you to death.

Good luck, sincerely Yours
Glassbow ranger

In all seriousness, 12 seconds of safety? you really think so? Ever heard of breaks, shadowsteps, infiltrators strike? My friend, you need to rethink your ‘safe’ spot, that might work bottom tier, but you’re not making that against anyone skilled

Didnt know shadowsteps and infiltrators strike, or even steal could bypass invulnerability… oh well, guess you’re running that 66666 build everyone is on about.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Protect Me – 6s invuln (pet takes damage instead of you) on 60s CD
Signet of Stone – 6s of invuln on 80s CD

During both of these, the ranger is unimpeded and can continue to attack.

Its almost like taking the incredibly strong (arguably broken) earth 5 on ele focus, and putting it on steroids and giving it to rangers for free. Combined with a higher attack rate to hit in-between dodges and air/fire procs (for more unavoidable damage) and rangers might be able to stand up to thieves better than eles can. S/F ele vs. thief is a relatively even matchup 1v1 (thief is still better though b/c insane mobility vs. no mobility).

in PvP

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Its almost like taking the incredibly strong (arguably broken) earth 5 on ele focus, and putting it on steroids and giving it to rangers for free. Combined with a higher attack rate to hit in-between dodges and air/fire procs (for more unavoidable damage) and rangers might be able to stand up to thieves better than eles can. S/F ele vs. thief is a relatively even matchup 1v1 (thief is still better though b/c insane mobility vs. no mobility).

just because they didn’t mention it on the ready up doesn’t mean ranger signets won’t get a nerf to compensate the free shared effect.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

I had not played a Ranger since about 2012.. made one to play power ranger LB/GS… and it’s so stupid easy to already do damage lol. I can’t wait to see these changes go through for the kicks. If shatter mesmers didn’t already have to watch for thieves.. now they gotta look around for the ranger sitting at 1500 sniping them with 3k+ AA & Rapid Fire channel following them in stealth/ports. We’ll see what the mesmer changes are, but man the damage is already real.

(edited by Kuju.2153)

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

just because they didn’t mention it on the ready up doesn’t mean ranger signets won’t get a nerf to compensate the free shared effect.

i expect them to “nerf” Signet of Stone by keepin it in line with other invulns, making it unable to cap points (currently it can cap while under effect. Most likely this is cuz of heavy investment). I also predict warrior stances will get such a nerf too as it was brough up earlier.

The ranger signets ARE fairly well balanced (if you didnt need to trait for em). Long cooldowns, not over the top effects and activation times that makes sense.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

It looks freaking sweet. Read the wind become useful, signet of wild gives stab without trait, quality of life changes on the weapons skills and might on autoattack bounces for ax, tangling roots lowered cooldown for using it for clearing condis with the trait. Time to dust of the ol’ ranger thanks anet!

If they nerfed ranger there was a reason anyway…i still remind bm rangers at close, then spirit rangers just autoattacking for the win all over the place…or do we want to get them back to their brainless sbow autoattack+dodge owning ppl? I don’t think so…enough braindead specs around, one less it’s always welcome..

Ark 2nd Account