All this talk about countering Abjured

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I understand why people are trying to do this… Nevertheless, players need to understand that Magic Toker is a member of that team.

Playing against Magic Toker only accomplishes one thing…

-

He is the best. Incoming haters who wish they were as good as him.

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

My frand Jasher! You have been afk for over a year!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Jasher.6580

My frand Jasher! You have been afk for over a year!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Indeed I have been! But I’m back now! Wahoo!

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Watch him cry about Fire/Air like he cried about quickness Hundred Blades when it was an L2P issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The ego is strong with this one.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Don’t get me wrong, they are good, but people are treating them like gods, round up some good players who dedicate as much time to this game as them and you can beat them.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Don’t get me wrong, they are good, but people are treating them like gods, round up some good players who dedicate as much time to this game as them and you can beat them.

They have really good rotations, something most other teams lack. As Blu says every week, give them mid at the beginning of foefire and you might as well call it gg. There’s a reason for that.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

They have really good rotations, something most other teams lack. As Blu says every week, give them mid at the beginning of foefire and you might as well call it gg. There’s a reason for that.

I said they are good. Do you know what that means?

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Watch him cry about Fire/Air like he cried about quickness Hundred Blades when it was an L2P issue.

Quickness Hundred Blades was broken which is why they fixed it. Quickness pistol whip was broken, which is why they fixed it.

It was not a learn to play issue. You don’t know me, and you don’t know how well I play.

My gripe was with ALL one shot mechanics in PvP shortly after release. They fixed them all. They did. Why did they fix them? Because it was conceptually flawed and broken when paired with the conquest mechanic.

Hide in a corner, count someone’s dodges and depending on profession and build, ensure that they hit all their defensive cooldowns, pop out and one shot them?

Utterly stupid.

One shot mechanics did not make sense.

The developers agreed with me and fixed them. I am happy.

I have absolutely zero issues with stacking Air and Fire sigils.

As a matter of fact, even though balance isn’t perfect right now, there aren’t any glaring issues with any of the professions like how it was shortly after release.

That being said, I understand why you would want me to cry. My tears are like the sweet nectar of the honeydew. Whenever I decide to secrete the rich delectable springs of deliciousness, I will be sure to call you right away so you can partake in the sugary mouthwatering ambrosia.

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

I understand why people are trying to do this… Nevertheless, players need to understand that Magic Toker is a member of that team.

-

Best at what? Team pvp? Probably. Thief? No.

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

\

Toker is probably best thief as well. Unless you’re implying Kronos Xnm is better. Which he isn’t.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

If you don’t think Magic Toker is the best Thief then all I have to say to you is this…

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

If you don’t think Magic Toker is the best Thief then all I have to say to you is this…

He doesn’t think any of the people who win the esls or go4s or WTS are any good, apparently there is a bunch of players In wvw that are the best pvpers in game but they just don’t care enough about conquest so we will never see them in pvp tournaments.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Actually I saw their guild in a tourney once they got 500-0ed (literally). Its funny because they say they’re good at fights but they lose every teamfight vs real pvp teams. Now they’re gonna steam in here saying “dueling builds aren’t good for teamfights” but in that case you can literally just split up and 1v1 hero everyone, but that’s some next level stuff apparently. Conquest is basically 5v5 Deathmatch with more strategy since there’s actual objectives, at its base though it’s really about winning even numbered fights.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

I’ll just leave this here.

D/D and P/P. giggles

And @Elitist, maybe you need to learn to read. I said the following (Which I will repeat since it went over your head the first time) Toker – Best team pvper? Probably. Best thief? No.

(edited by Lettuce.2945)

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

If you don’t think Magic Toker is the best…
-SNIP-

I’ll just leave this here.

D/D and P/P. giggles

And @Elitist, maybe you need to learn to read. I said the following (Which I will repeat since it went over your head the first time) Toker – Best team pvper? Probably. Best thief? No.

Lol @ Toker getting rekt twice by a P/P thief! No contest!
Video Time: 003:40

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Lol who would want to put in the time or effort to beat the abjured? Even if you put in the tremendous amount of effort and got lucky…Will it even be worth it?

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Lol who would want to put in the time or effort to beat the abjured? Even if you put in the tremendous amount of effort and got lucky…Will it even be worth it?

Ehm…

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/world-tournament-series/#prizes

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Eh beaten twice. Rekt implies a certain aspect of not even being able to react and just panicking. Also MVP play of the first round, Triggerless stealing the Rock Dog to get the 3s stun stolen ability. Toker def didn’t expect that.

I think Toker is the better player overall, but thats just an opinion and people are welcome to disagree.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in PvP

Jasher.6580

So Magic Toker lost in a 1v1 tournament… are you implying that because he lost in a 1v1 tournament he’s not the best Thief NA?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Ehm…

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/world-tournament-series/#prizes

Ya because you know… spending 8+ hours a day for 6 months(?) + all the bullkitten of coordinating with 4 other peoples schedules to have a slim shot at 5,000 dollars is a great investment of time.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Eh beaten twice. Rekt implies a certain aspect of not even being able to react and just panicking. Also MVP play of the first round, Triggerless stealing the Rock Dog to get the 3s stun stolen ability. Toker def didn’t expect that.

I don’t usually talk in that manner. This elitist’s ego is so high he can’t smell the kitten he’s shoveling around. It’s a pet peeve of mine.

So Magic Toker lost in a 1v1 tournament… are you implying that because he lost in a 1v1 tournament he’s not the best Thief NA?

Your literacy astounds me.

@Elitist, maybe you need to learn to read. I said the following (Which I will repeat since it went over your head the first time) Toker – Best team pvper? Probably. Best thief? No.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Not at all elitist, there is less skill involved in pvp, your forgetting a very important aspect.
Hidden Mechanics. 3 quick examples (though there is literately a full page worth in total)
-Activation time after wpn swap. If you started with Pvp you probably wouldn’t even notice it, but there is a .2 – .5 second delay after swaping. I know this for a fact since it destroyed one of my favorite wvw combo’s.

-Allowing Port’s Without LOS. Height porting. *though the height porting could be “gamed” in wvw by using a 40ish degree right angle port. at certain locations.

- No res sickness, No 5 downed instant death.
This one really annoys me, im sick of killing the same people 3-5 times just to watch there teammates spam AOE and rez them back. That idiotic CD on Return is to thank. And Why did they add a cd to return… That’s right. because of Example 2.

I could go on but its pointless too. the best thieve ive seen was from wvw. but like most thieves they have quit due to biased balancing. so congrats He just might be the “Best” but you shouldn’t brag. In reality its only due to the fact that arena net has a firm grasp of your hand.

:D #Easy sports
P.s i have no opinion of this “toker” as i have only ran into him a handful of times. I just assumed he was having an off day.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Not at all elitist, there is less skill involved in pvp, your forgetting a very important aspect.
Hidden Mechanics. 3 quick examples (though there is literately a full page worth in total)
-Activation time after wpn swap. If you started with Pvp you probably wouldn’t even notice it, but there is a .2 – .5 second delay after swaping. I know this for a fact since it destroyed one of my favorite wvw combo’s.

-Allowing Port’s Without LOS. Height porting. *though the height porting could be “gamed” in wvw by using a 40ish degree right angle port. at certain locations.

- No res sickness, No 5 downed instant death.
This one really annoys me, im sick of killing the same people 3-5 times just to watch there teammates spam AOE and rez them back. That idiotic CD on Return is to thank. And Why did they add a cd to return… That’s right. because of Example 2.

I could go on but its pointless too. the best thieve ive seen was from wvw. but like most thieves they have quit due to biased balancing. so congrats He just might be the “Best” but you shouldn’t brag. In reality its only due to the fact that arena net has a firm grasp of your hand.

:D #Easy sports
P.s i have no opinion of this “toker” as i have only ran into him a handful of times. I just assumed he was having an off day.

i dont get it what. like ofc pvp players know about the delay on weapon swap ( but only when canceling a skill). we just never figured it didnt exist somewhere else. i kinda agree with rez spamming though. If you down a person multiple times they should at least have less downed hp to make it harder to repeat rez.
and height porting is just l2p. you probably think using LoS carries spvp players too.

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

These threads, it’s like deja vu. Abjured is not unbeatable, but they deserve respect for what they’ve done. Trying to claim that it’s comp, secretz, cheese, lack of competition, or incentives, etc … it’s all excuses, and they get used for anyone that’s on top.

Remember when people made Apex out to be this unbeatable, tanky, cheese comp, no skill, worst meta ever, etc. etc.?

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Your literacy astounds me.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

No one has ever been far off from beating the abjured. Their biggest weapon is making people lose hope.

If it was the same five players with different names you’d see a difference when they queue in team queues.

As far as beating them in esports? People have never been far off. To be perfectly blunt it’s nearly impossible without a certain level of dedication to the game and five decently skilled players.

any ideas to “counter” them are completely asinine given that the entire idea behind their success is driven by raw skill alone. That’s how it was made, that’s how it’s done. Don’t sit on your kitten and argue about it, go play and get better instead.

I assure you that if someone took the time and played as much as they have recently, they’d drop more than a few games. Simple fact is that all the no-lifers are on that team.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

\

Toker is probably best thief as well. Unless you’re implying Kronos Xnm is better. Which he isn’t.

Kronos is good but definitely not the best. He runs cheesy SA builds most of the time so its really hard to say what skill he has at all. Toker is also a really good thief but many things determine a good sPvP thief. Playing your role correctly as conquest demands is only one of them. In terms of sheer dueling and mechanical capability, there are a lot of others who are evenly matched.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Their biggest weapon is making people lose hope.

Losing hope when seeing Toker on the other team is called Logic.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

I support you two 100%.

Attachments:

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

No lifers… Lol at o eggs

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Jasher.6580

I support you two 100%.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

\

Kronos is good but definitely not the best. He runs cheesy SA builds most of the time so its really hard to say what skill he has at all. Toker is also a really good thief but many things determine a good sPvP thief. Playing your role correctly as conquest demands is only one of them. In terms of sheer dueling and mechanical capability, there are a lot of others who are evenly matched.

SA is cheesy but full Acro is right behind it…

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

No lifers… Lol at o eggs

what’s so funny about it? it’s the downright truth. It just so happens that I was there when all the magic started, if anyone has any insight to give about that team then I’d be that guy. The key to it all is time played…

I’m not saying that I’m not a no lifer, as a matter of fact I’m even worse of a nolifer because my no-lifing isn’t sending me on a trip this time around. Not that it’s my fault :P

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Jasher.6580

@StickerHappy.8052

I give props where props are due. Real recognize real hommie and you look unfamiliar.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

No lifers… Lol at o eggs

what’s so funny about it? it’s the downright truth. It just so happens that I was there when all the magic started, if anyone has any insight to give about that team then I’d be that guy. The key to it all is time played…

I’m not saying that I’m not a no lifer, as a matter of fact I’m even worse of a nolifer because my no-lifing isn’t sending me on a trip this time around. Not that it’s my fault :P

Why are you not coming tho?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Jasher.6580

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Attachments:

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Jasher.6580

-snip-

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

-

Lolz

/15 char

in PvP

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I don’t think anyone countered the Abjured so much as the Abjured as a team made some bad calls in the match that when they go back and watch they will be able to learn from.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Lolz

/15 char

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Abjured is sexy and NOSe it~

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?