Am I the minority?

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

I actually enjoyed PvP a lot. Especially when i played with guildies and friends. Sure the balance isn’t perfect but so is other popular esport like Dota or LoL. Plus you can always reroll to another class.

If anything I wished Anet adds more game modes soon like deathmatch or something like that. Playing the same game mode for more than one year does get a bit tiring xD.

Am I really the minority when I actually enjoyed PvP?

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

No, there are lots of people that play pvp and love it, I am one. The word on the street is ANET has some new pvp stuff coming thats going to hit us hard, like a freight train!!!!

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

nah you are not, probably everyone in this game is like that, but most of us after a while we turn into bitter/trolls that enjoy the forum pvp more than running arround in a circle.

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

The reason people stick to this game so long is because it has amazing fundamental mechanics. Yet due to 12 months of terrible design decisions people get frustrated and angry, especially if you keep playing the game. Its like: I love the game but I hate it at the same time. Also there simply is no good alternative to Guild Wars 2 sPvP on the market which makes it even a bigger shame that Arenanet has not put more time and effort into it. Today is a important day for allot of people, or at least it is for me in terms of whether or not to keep playing the game.

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I actually enjoyed PvP a lot. Especially when i played with guildies and friends. Sure the balance isn’t perfect but so is other popular esport like Dota or LoL. Plus you can always reroll to another class.

If anything I wished Anet adds more game modes soon like deathmatch or something like that. Playing the same game mode for more than one year does get a bit tiring xD.

The minority on the forums? Maybe. The minority in the game? Nah.

Also, I’m with you on this opinion.

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I also love the spvp. I love my engi and I also like the spvp streams.

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

Yes you are a minority – you are on the forums, hence a minority, as confirmed by red posts.

On that note, no – a lot of us enjoy pvp, especially those of us in the pvp wasteland of a useless forum. We enjoy it, but see glaring flaws with it, and a huge differential between what it could be and what it is. This upsets us, but Anet has not touched the issues at hand with anything more than “soon” or a handful of minor changes that made things worse. I enjoyed pvp at release more than I do now for example. (But I am just one voice, so an irrelevant minority – just like you)

RaZaC is correct, however. GW2 is lucky that there are no other good alternatives out at the moment, which is unlucky for us as players as 1) there is no motivation for Anet to invest and do anything to improve the current situation, and 2) we have nowhere to really go to find an enjoyable pvp experience. There are other games, but each has enough flaws (including gw2) to make them all unappealing.

Forum pvp, however, is better than in-game pvp ultimately, and the red posts do make oh so many logical blunders, its no wonder spvp ended up as it has – a trash minigame of a beautiful pve mmo.

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The reason people stick to this game so long is because it has amazing fundamental mechanics. Yet due to 12 months of terrible design decisions people get frustrated and angry, especially if you keep playing the game. Its like: I love the game but I hate it at the same time. Also there simply is no good alternative to Guild Wars 2 sPvP on the market which makes it even a bigger shame that Arenanet has not put more time and effort into it. Today is a important day for allot of people, or at least it is for me in terms of whether or not to keep playing the game.

Me as well. The new game mode needs to be for tournament players or that is a big issue.

I love the game. Played it a ton. But I also hate the game at the same time (like you). I play the game and the cheese encountered just overwhelms my brain with hate for the game.

If there was a viable alternative I obviously wouldn’t be playing this game. I will try out wildstar in the summer but that depends on whether you get max gear from wvw/warplots (apparently arena players in wildstar are always kitten in gear). In which case I would stick with gw2.

But I play less and less over the last 6 months, and I try less and less hard.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnacus.5961

Darnacus.5961

If it was really bad this forum would be empty and people wouldn’t be here trying to push the game where they want it to go. I think most players know deep inside the game has potential. Balance isn’t that bad until the top level. Even in the 80-bracket you still see quite some variety of classes and specs.

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

If it was really bad this forum would be empty and people wouldn’t be here trying to push the game where they want it to go. I think most players know deep inside the game has potential. Balance isn’t that bad until the top level. Even in the 80-bracket you still see quite some variety of classes and specs.

When people talk about balance, the majority of the time they don’t mean “x class is too weak”. Balance is fairly good. What they do mean is that there is too much lame stuff. The meta sucks. Fighting evade thieves sucks because it is frustrating to not be able to hit them, fighting PW thieves sucks because they evade/stun/kill you, fighting decap engis sucks because they are immune/knockbacks/dodge spamming

Anet don’t design systems which are fun for the guy fighting against it. This is a major flaw in their work and probably the biggest reason for a decline in players recently.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

People stick around with games for a lot of emotional reasons, not necessarily because it is in a good state. I mean Warhammer only closed servers, what? a year or 2 ago? That game was in such a poor state within a few patches that the majority of its population bailed quick.

I’d also say that a decent amount of the posters here are no longer playing the game in any real capacity.

Also – never forget you, and me, are simple minorities of minorities, and as a result our opinions and ideas are worthless and inconsequential (including this thread, and all of our collective posts).

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

You know what’s a big factor in keeping PvP fun?

Hotjoin.

Hotjoin is a giant playground where you essentially can just run around and beat the hell out of people. Being a “hotjoin hero,” free of any stress of obligation of tournaments, can actually get really entertaining, especially if paired up with a group of friends. It’s where you can run around, test silly builds, try to find weird things on the map or actually practice the build you’re running without a care in the world. It’s that “relax, chill, type-to-friends while I’m owning some badkid” place to unwind.

But even then, from what I’ve seen from playing solo/team queue played at higher levels and at lower levels there’s really just a few key tweaks that need to be made to a few classes to bring everything in line. People just like to be overdramatic, and Anet seems to write off of their playerbase as overdramatic too often. Things like Healing signet should’ve been tweaked way earlier.

I don’t think the “majority” of players dislike PvP. I think a lot of people parrot what other people say, or get mad because of something they feel is broken which could very well be a lack of skill on their part (but who’s gonna admit that?). I DO think people dislike “cheesy” specs that undermine their effort. If you spent a week trying to learn shatter Mes or a month focused on improving your skills, just for some day 2 hambow warrior or PU Mesmer to roll you, the first reaction is “Why is this even ALLOWED in this game?!”

But emotions are contagious, even across the internet. Toxic begets toxic, and its easy to post some rage whenever someone else is posting the same rage. You may not even feel it as badly as that person, but when 6 others are agreeing, the emotions get amped and things spill quickly into the overdramatic. “This game is soooo bad!”

I think PvP falters only at the highest levels, I feel at lower levels it’s more people wanting to find excuses for their own badness than anything else. That’s not to say that there isn’t problems/builds/classes that need fixing and things that could be improved (*cough*NewGameModes*Cough*Elementalists*cough*) but honestly, besides a few very specific builds the balance really isn’t all that terrible.

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

What…y’all ain’t heard?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Everyone is like that. Problem is we could enjoy it MUCH more than this.

And I don’t think balance is the issue. The issue is that the strongest builds around are also the easiest to play, making fights less interesting.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

… Plus you can always reroll to another class.

well the further we in go in future with actual anets plan the less u can reroll, cause the more unlocks u will have to make

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think the PvP in this game is fine. It’s fun to play.

The problem though is that it is boring to watch. It is hard to get new players interested in it.

Am I the minority?

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

When i play solo im actualy focused on my gameplay as that is only thing i have control off. So i try hard, do good, but then i start losing. Why? Cz i hit the wall of where my mediocre skillz can bring me against the cheezy meta specs. Why i rage even more? cz theese specs are actualy easier to play, and very annoying to play against

When i play with guild on chat, its always fun. when we win we have tons of fun, and even when we lose we just make fun of cheezy enemy together, +we give each other a shoulder tap.

there is no minority, theres just everyone who loves the game and almost everyone who disagrees with some of the Arenanet company ways of working.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/