Anet: Dps Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

I am new to DPS guard. Would people be kind enough to share the builds they are talking about? lil shorty? CMF? Mr. Big?

Really interested to see weapon choices and stuff. I am new to this type of offense, but love it!

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Show some footage then, your YouTube only has a Cleric bunker with a Hammer, Mace and Shield, Shout condi clear that’s been Guardian for the last year and a half in tourneys.

yea may i present to you azshene the bunker guardian?
i can’t show you footage since our offguardian is not recording his games i am very sorry :/

Azshene last shows footage from 9 months ago, back in January!
Even at this game’s incredibly slow development speed that’s at least 3 major patches ago. There have been significant buffs to conditions and nerf to Altruistic Healing since then.

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Show some footage then, your YouTube only has a Cleric bunker with a Hammer, Mace and Shield, Shout condi clear that’s been Guardian for the last year and a half in tourneys.

yea may i present to you azshene the bunker guardian?
i can’t show you footage since our offguardian is not recording his games i am very sorry :/

Azshene last shows footage from 9 months ago, back in January!
Even at this game’s incredibly slow development speed that’s at least 3 major patches ago.

what the hell are you talking about? when did i mention that i have off guardian footage on my youtube channel..oh my god the guys on this forums…as you can read it is an interview and as you can see in the description its quite some time ago
whats up with my youtube channel what has it to do with what i said about off guardian?

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

His Twitch channel…

Quite the amateur drama queen aren’t you? Getting all worked up like that about something I never even said.

Do you even read what you respond to?

in PvP

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Here is the thread I think we are all talking about

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Fix-most-broken-autoattack-in-game/first

I’ll take a look at how it compares to Necro staff auto. I will say that when this does hit it is the highest DPS #1 skill in the game. We wanted it to feel this powerful but difficult to land but the effect may be too exaggerated. I’ll play some PvE and PvP scepter Guardian later today.

Jon

Ok Necro staff is 22% faster than this skill. I think we just missed upping this when we did our pass to up projectile velocity on skills that were absolutely too sluggish. That being said it looks like you can fire one of these orbs every .8 seconds whereas Necro staff fire rate is 1.3 seconds. Grasp does pass through targets in a line so I feel that differential is fairly warranted. I can’t promise when this is going to be fixed, but I can say I WILL fix it.

I’m guessing he meant ranged auto. Glad this is getting looked at, I enjoy scepter but it’s weak atm

Yes ranged auto. Sorry.

So that is what was said about 6 months ago…

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

His Twitch channel…

Quite the amateur drama queen aren’t you? Getting all worked up like that about something I never even said.

Do you even read what you respond to?

do u?
you said i only have a bunker guardian video on my channel (how was that connected to what i said?)

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Here is the thread I think we are all talking about

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Fix-most-broken-autoattack-in-game/first

I’ll take a look at how it compares to Necro staff auto. I will say that when this does hit it is the highest DPS #1 skill in the game. We wanted it to feel this powerful but difficult to land but the effect may be too exaggerated. I’ll play some PvE and PvP scepter Guardian later today.

Jon

Ok Necro staff is 22% faster than this skill. I think we just missed upping this when we did our pass to up projectile velocity on skills that were absolutely too sluggish. That being said it looks like you can fire one of these orbs every .8 seconds whereas Necro staff fire rate is 1.3 seconds. Grasp does pass through targets in a line so I feel that differential is fairly warranted. I can’t promise when this is going to be fixed, but I can say I WILL fix it.

I’m guessing he meant ranged auto. Glad this is getting looked at, I enjoy scepter but it’s weak atm

Yes ranged auto. Sorry.

So that is what was said about 6 months ago…

Yea that is the post.

I read posts from beta players that scepter use to be a 900 range weapon. But the changed it to 1200 range due to guardian not having a real range weapon option.

From my experiments I will say scepter is a better melee weapon than it is range. If orb of light was fixed then staff could be a strong range weapon. But it has many issues, like orbs being stuck in the terrain and orbs vanishing as you strafe and attack.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Sensotix – do you know what weapons he runs? Or much about the build in general.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Sensotix – do you know what weapons he runs? Or much about the build in general.

I will make an interview with him soon where i present his build and where he talks about his playstyle tipps and tricks etc

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

<3 + 11 chars

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

I recently played against a dps guard on my d/p thief and he insta KO’d me twice before I figured out what was going on I was intrigued so I went back a third time and had to play my kitten off to finally beat him. Honestly, the build seemed solid as is.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in PvP

Posted by: stobes.9254

stobes.9254

If you guys take a look at a lof of the traits in zeal and radiance, even though there are some that can be used in some really strong builds, a lot of them are not worth taking at all. Talking about balance by comparing your damage/survivability “on paper” or saying that dps guardians are OP because they can kill a thief will only make your argument that much worse. A lot of us aren’t looking for buffs, we are looking for variety, and since 30 valor is a must have for every dps build, a lot of the traits in zeal/radiance need a bit of work IMO. The fury alone will open up a few opportunities that a lot of us probably dont see yet, but if you’re running 30 in zeal at this point, then i dont think it would be wise to step outside of hotjoin.

Pandaz

in PvP

CMF.5461

hype, you need to use examples of what he did, and not just say “he insta KOed me”. Because that tells nothing.

What weapons did the guard do, were they using meditations or shouts, did they have spirit weapons? Were there high crits or was it, god forbid, burn damage?

What you just did is propagate the random and unwarranted hate for guardians by just saying “they are op and they kill people so easy and survive so great!” with no real merit.

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Most people here are talking about Meditation Guardians, which are burst, not DPS. They don’t have nearly as much sustain as a DPS Guardian build, 0530305.

I didn’t bother reading large slabs of text in the last few pages because 99% of them are referring to burst not have staying power, which is a dumb complaint because none of the burst builds do.

BURST =/= DPS

Another thing, if you’re having trouble landing Guardian burst you’re using the wrong weapons, you can check out my build guide here: http://tinyurl.com/SilvenGuardianBuilds , make sure you’re using the correct weapons first (and know how to play) before claiming how easy they are to dodge (because they’re not).

@CMF
Any thief build can be 1-shot by a Guard burst build and they’re pretty hard countered by them too.

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

Most people here are talking about Meditation Guardians, which are burst, not DPS. They don’t have nearly as much sustain as a DPS Guardian build, 0530305.

I didn’t bother reading large slabs of text in the last few pages because 99% of them are referring to burst not have staying power, which is a dumb complaint because none of the burst builds do.

BURST =/= DPS

Another thing, if you’re having trouble landing Guardian burst you’re using the wrong weapons, you can check out my build guide here: http://tinyurl.com/SilvenGuardianBuilds , make sure you’re using the correct weapons first (and know how to play) before claiming how easy they are to dodge (because they’re not).

@CMF
Any thief build can be 1-shot by a Guard burst build and they’re pretty hard countered by them too.

Lol med guards have more dps than any other spec lol. I don’t know what you are talkin about. The only one worth playing is medz because in tPvP, your shouts will be without anyway of actually bursting your target is such a waste, words can’t even describe lol. First learn play your build against any good team and see how easy you can land any of your attacks without judges let alone be effective with your “dps”, before you tell me I should learn to know how to play dps guard. Lol…good joke

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

(edited by lilz shorty.1879)

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

BURST =/= DPS

@CMF

Lol med guards have more dps than any other spec lol. I don’t know what you are talkin about. The only one worth playing is medz because in tPvP, your shouts will be without anyway of actually bursting your target is such a waste, words can’t even describe lol. First learn play your build against any good team and see how easy you can land any of your attacks without judges let alone be effective with your “dps”, before you tell me I should learn to know how to play dps guard. Lol…good joke

lol
This is the most backwards thing I’ve read in a while.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

What Jax is trying to say there’s a difference between the two;

Burst DPS- Large amount of damage in a short period of time. Which is what med guards are best for.

Sustain DPS- High damage over a long period of time. There are better builds for sustain DPS then the meds.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

What Jax is trying to say there’s a difference between the two;

Burst DPS- Large amount of damage in a short period of time. Which is what med guards are best for.

Sustain DPS- High damage over a long period of time. There are better builds for sustain DPS then the meds.

I guess im confused lol. Meditations is just basically an addition to the damage you already have based on your traits, ammy, runes etc…..Once your burst is done with your meditations, its not like your auto attack does less damage. Running shouts does not increase this either. Plus the only way to run dps guard in tPvP now atm is using burst, otherwise you are completely useless, unless you have condie clear for your team with staff. You wont be landing your sustained damage to make an impact in team fights enough unless the team you are playing is bad.

“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Burst in all classes is pretty much all or nothing, because of how Power, Precision, and Crit Damage work. If you don’t have the huge crits in addition to the base attack, your damage is going to be terrible.

Once your opponent has a certain amount of toughness they will reduce your damage by a pretty large percentage. Add protection to that, weakness, etc. and low amounts of the three or picking only Power will make you pretty much irrelevant to fights vs. most of the stronger builds out there.

Ex. if you’re using Soldier’s amulet, you need to stack as much Crit Damage and Precision as possible if you want to make that tankiness worth it for damage. If not, then it takes very little to minimize the amount of damage you’re doing, and without pressure the other team is going to be as aggressive as possible without feeling like it’s costing them.

Lilz shorty is talking about an objective truth with how you do direct damage, although without enough specifics to make what he’s saying clear.

Hope that helps.

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

Burst in all classes is pretty much all or nothing, because of how Power, Precision, and Crit Damage work. If you don’t have the huge crits in addition to the base attack, your damage is going to be terrible.

Once your opponent has a certain amount of toughness they will reduce your damage by a pretty large percentage. Add protection to that, weakness, etc. and low amounts of the three or picking only Power will make you pretty much irrelevant to fights vs. most of the stronger builds out there.

Ex. if you’re using Soldier’s amulet, you need to stack as much Crit Damage and Precision as possible if you want to make that tankiness worth it for damage. If not, then it takes very little to minimize the amount of damage you’re doing, and without pressure the other team is going to be as aggressive as possible without feeling like it’s costing them.

Lilz shorty is talking about an objective truth with how you do direct damage, although without enough specifics to make what he’s saying clear.

Hope that helps.

Yes I agree but the build I am referring to has precision, power and crit damage but less toughness and vital etc…Its auto attack will do the same amount of damage if im running shouts because I probably would not change my ammy or traits. If I do change my ammy or traits then, yes ofc I know I need to use certain runes/sigils/jewels/etc..to make up for what im lacking. My point is if you are running a pure dps build, no matter if you are running medz or shouts, your damage from you autoattacks alone should be quite similar unless you are not using dps traits/amulets.

And that is where running shouts is the problem. If you play a shout sustain dps guardian and run the same exact traits as a dps meditation guardian, then your so easy to focus and burst, and have no way of sustaining it once your heal and elite/virtues are gone. With meditation healing you are more than capable of escaping + healing yourself from doing so etc……Being able to control your own 2k burst of heal is extremely important.

But then you might say thats why you run different traits/ammy so you can survive that burst as a sustain dps guard with shouts. But if thats the case, you are gimping your damage/burst potential and is not nearly enough to make any impact as it should in team fights and are better off going support. The only reason to bring a guard is either bunker/support or full dps. Not sustain damage because that is an absolute waste.

“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

jmatb.6307

I was referring mainly to the other ppl talking about “sustained DPS” like it’s viable haha. Condition damage on other classes is the only viable way to extend a fight while still being aggressive. If you’re doing direct damage at all, you have to be a glass cannon if you don’t want to be totally useless.

Berserker’s is pretty much the best amulet a DPS guard can have, like any other class that wants to do burst. I was just illustrating how pointless it is to run shout sustained DPS if your job on your team is to take people down quickly.

You’d have to put points into Honor, which doesn’t help DPS at all, to get improved shouts, and you’d be denying 6.5k Zealot’s Defense vs. Heavy Armor targets (something I tested last night with DPS Guard) that you get from Radiance. 15% extra crit chance with 60% crit damage (210% Total) ftw.

(edited by jmatb.6307)

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

I was referring mainly to the other ppl talking about “sustained DPS” like it’s viable haha. Condition damage on other classes is the only viable way to extend a fight while still being aggressive. If you’re doing direct damage at all, you have to be a glass cannon if you don’t want to be totally useless.

Berserker’s is pretty much the best amulet a DPS guard can have, like any other class that wants to do burst. I was just illustrating how pointless it is to run shout sustained DPS if your job on your team is to take people down quickly.

You’d have to put points into Honor, which doesn’t help DPS at all, to get improved shouts, and you’d be denying 6.5k Zealot’s Defense vs. Heavy Armor targets (something I tested last night with DPS Guard) that you get from Radiance. 15% extra crit chance with 60% crit damage (210% Total) ftw.

I see but yes I figured you were and I completely agree. Thats why I was just trying to mention the things they can improve for us rather just being ok with a little fury. I mean that is literally all they did when that was not even our biggest issue to begin with. Makes me wanna slap a baby.

“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

so you want to be an unstoppable juggernaut?

No thats warriors.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

jmatb.6307

I see but yes I figured you were and I completely agree. Thats why I was just trying to mention the things they can improve for us rather just being ok with a little fury. I mean that is literally all they did when that was not even our biggest issue to begin with. Makes me wanna slap a baby.

Ya I can see what you mean. Hammer and Scepter have immobilizes but the weapon sets are too slow to be useful in PvP and in a role where you are trying to blow someone up. The chill trait is a nice try, but it doesn’t make Hammer good enough, especially with Warriors around that can laugh and walk out of the Ring of Warding.

Signet of Wrath could help set up burst, but that would make you a lot less viable 1v1. It could work if you fight dirty and wait for opportunities to immob burst a target already being attacked, but is it worth it?

Sticking to a target is an issue for DPS guard for sure.

in PvP

CMF.5461

So been testing various and random builds to see what we can pull off in terms of damage.

Went back to this one, which is actually one of the older builds from release but revamped a bit to deal with conditions more with lyssa runes

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7Fcg;1NFk30G3wF-90;9;4JET4-16-3;009B;45RV0;2KJG4KJG45BJ

ye/nae? Seemed to run fairly decently with blinds for defense, crits provide vigor, and then mobility with leaps/teleports, all the while maintaining about 50-70 crit chance.

How would you guys develop the build to be even better, as I’m admittedly more of a theory-crafter and less application.

in PvP

jmatb.6307

I’d replace Smite Condition with Stand your Ground because stability is one of the biggest strengths of Guardian. Condi clear is nice, but what happens when they fear you?

I posted about putting out a 6.5k Zealot’s Defense and I’ll share that build with you guys. It’s the most dmg I’ve seen on Guardian so far playing around with it.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7Fcg;1NFk30G3RG-90;9;49TT;01;049A49B;4LJV4;2JF04JF0D5Be

in PvP

CMF.5461

well with the insta med nature you “can” cleanse fear…but not reliable, so I see what you mean. Will try it out.

Mostly it was the additional burst aspect.

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

So been testing various and random builds to see what we can pull off in terms of damage.

Went back to this one, which is actually one of the older builds from release but revamped a bit to deal with conditions more with lyssa runes

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7Fcg;1NFk30G3wF-90;9;4JET4-16-3;009B;45RV0;2KJG4KJG45BJ

ye/nae? Seemed to run fairly decently with blinds for defense, crits provide vigor, and then mobility with leaps/teleports, all the while maintaining about 50-70 crit chance.

How would you guys develop the build to be even better, as I’m admittedly more of a theory-crafter and less application.

You are on the right track but there are a couple problems with your build. I tested a similar one with diff runes and sigils tho and diff traits.

First thing is I suggest you running battle + force on your weapons because any sigil on kill is sorta useless in tPvP, unless you are a bunker. But I normally recommend always using energy for the ability to manage your dodges much better.

Secondly I would recommend using the apply 3 stacks of vuln to a target when you blind considering you have enough crit chance already and you have 4 blinds. The vuln just increases your dps even more. Also I tend to only run 10 in zeal because 20 is not as useful as running 20 in virtues. The condie cleanse option from absolute resolution eliminates the reason of having to use lysaa runes and also if the team you are not playing does not have condies but heavy cc, it gives you the option to run stability. Also 20 in virtues gives you so much constant retal which is a huge plus. With that, Scholar runes is by far best rune for highest dps we can get. With the constant med healing and our short health pool, it helps a lot + it gives you the chance to come into a wipe a team if you chain your burst skills. Energy helps with having no vigor up 100%.

edit:

I would most definitely keep smite condition because of the healing you need, its cd, its burst on potential (4-5k), and stability isn’t an issue anymore in todays meta. Someone on your team can stomp and doesnt always have to be the guard. Your job is to cleave down corpse considering all your attacks are aoe.

“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

CMF.5461

I like the idea of energy for sure, as there are a lot of swaps at the moment as I play to maintain blinds. I definitely can drop the fury on burn for vuln on blinds so will test those out right now.

battle? meh maybe on off hand, meager but its there.

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

I like the idea of energy for sure, as there are a lot of swaps at the moment as I play to maintain blinds. I definitely can drop the fury on burn for vuln on blinds so will test those out right now.

battle? meh maybe on off hand, meager but its there.

I would only suggest battle if you have the 5 in the Honor trait like you did.

“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

CMF.5461

I am keeping the 20 in zeal…for now, trying to push more for damage, and the gs is the primary source of that with the set up, with teleports and leaps you can maintain some decent pressure and land it more often than not.

If I were to drop out of zeal, there isn’t anything really amazing calling out, besides maybe more condi cleanse in virtues, but I don’t think that is mandatory with the full condi drops with runes and meditations.

Still worth a thought.

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

I am keeping the 20 in zeal…for now, trying to push more for damage, and the gs is the primary source of that with the set up, with teleports and leaps you can maintain some decent pressure and land it more often than not.

If I were to drop out of zeal, there isn’t anything really amazing calling out, besides maybe more condi cleanse in virtues, but I don’t think that is mandatory with the full condi drops with runes and meditations.

Still worth a thought.

Lol what makes up for the damage is the scholar runes though. Thats why i recommended that.

“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

jmatb.6307

After research into average damage, I found that at 1839 Power your damage actually gets better with Precision and Crit Damage, but Guardian has the unique benefit of high retal uptime so you can go either way with what you emphasize.

Retal scales with power, and is easy to get on Guard so that option is really good. I like having massive crits and higher average damage, but AoE and personal retal makes a big difference too

in PvP

CMF.5461

I’m still not all the way sold on scholar runes in pvp, as you can’t maintain the health percentage as easily in pve.

I see it a lot though.

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

This is an interesting post in that it helps me understand the drawbacks each profession has (working on developing ranger/thief/ele right now). My advice is to team with a player with access to immobilize or crowd control.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

This is an interesting post in that it helps me understand the drawbacks each profession has (working on developing ranger/thief/ele right now). My advice is to team with a player with access to immobilize or crowd control.

Yeah that why it works so well atm too with the heavy warrior cc meta lol.

“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

CMF.5461

Posted these on the guard forums, but wanted to vet it through some more experienced s/tpvp players versus the feedback I might get over there. All of them are pretty much the same build, but with slight changes and tweeks that I did trying to implement feedback I got from others.

Blind Zeal
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7Fcg;1NFk30G3wF-90;9;4JET4-16-5;009B;4UZl6;2KJG4KJG45Br

• What I started with, runs well, good damage and ability to stick to a target. Use shelter and RF to avoid burst and spread out meditations to save them when you burst back. Also you can utilize virtue of justice to get blind stomps and it refreshes for the next kill. Or you can use VoJ defensively as an aoe blind while fighting.

2H Zeal
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7Fcg;1NFk30G3wF-90;9;4J-TJ-16;209B58;2UZl6;2KJG4KJG45Bi

• An attempt to put more pressure through cooldowns, was able to take down some bunkers due to quick refresh on WW, plays the same as the above build, Blind Zeal.

Balanced Mediations
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7Fcg;1NFk30G3wF-90;9;49ET941;05;009B5;3UZl6;2KJG4KJG45Bo

• Taking Carpboy’s suggestions into mind, picked up 5 into virtues to provide more utility on activation. VoJ provides might for burst and VoC provides protection to get in the thick of things. VoJ still refreshes on stomps.

Daring Virtues
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7Fcg;1NFk30G3wF-90;9;4J-TE416;209B5;3UZl6;2KJG4KJG45Bj

• Dropping radiance out of the tree provides a little more survival in the same tune as the balanced virtues, but you lose the blind utility from VoJ. More passive healing provided with Pure of Heart, Selfless Daring, and Zealous Blade (I know..only 25…. but it’s bonus with the 5% extra damage) to help bridge gap between meditation uses.

I have run all of the above builds all day today and they ran decently well without dropping over dead. Although that might be due to hotjoins and me just playing all day and being in the zone today.

Trying to make lemonade out of the lemons I felt this patch was for guardians. Feedback is great

in PvP

Posted by: Wranglerist.5489

Wranglerist.5489

Guards get buffed almost every patch, stop complaining or roll a warrior.

Think about Elementalists.

#ELEtism

in PvP

CMF.5461

yeah, eles have been on a big roller coaster of amazing, then suck, then amazing, then more suck…but you don’t need to divert this thread.

Guards as a whole have stayed pretty stagnant and mostly “tooltip updates”. Majority of guards right now feel the fury on meditation was worthless, but we are trying to make due.

Anyway, there are pages and pages of opinions on how good/not good guardians are. Read them and try to not be such a hater.

in PvP

Posted by: Wranglerist.5489

Wranglerist.5489

I havent read the whole topic, and I dont intend to. I just read the first post and was so surprised. Im not a hater I have a 80 guard as well.

#ELEtism

in PvP

CMF.5461

Some decent feedback in it, but mixed in with some normal forum arguments. I think it is worth a read if you can filter the BS.

Or you can just do like everyone else and talk about it without really knowing what was said :p

in PvP

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Now take everything everyone has said here and apply it to WvW…. which is where the Guardian starts to lack severely due to large area’s where Mobility is king and Guardians have very little consistency in terms of staying on their target.

There in lies the issue w/ buffing one or the other (IE: PvP or WvW).

Give Guardians Soft CC in PvP… all hell will break loose.

Don’t give Guardians Soft CC in WvW and we’ll continue to be pin cushions and forced to Bunker.

LAME.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Lol, this conversation inspired me to go back and look at the guardian traits and weapons.

Ran across the description of scepter orb of wrath “Fires a slow-moving orb at your foe.”

That made me cry a little on the inside, it was purposefully made to be easy to avoid.

I haven’t logged in for the last month though, so I know the tooltips have been updated. Wonder if it still says “slow moving”.

Its still the same.

And yes it was purposely made that way. Around the time when guardians were begging for scepter to be buffed a dev finally got back to them. I remember him saying (to paraphrase) scepter is the strongest ranged weapon in the game. So it has a cost to its strength.

I guess its cost is sucking….

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

An equally skilled warrior will always out perform a dps guardian so again I don’t understand a lot of what people are sayg. There are different skill levels. Sure you can play a dps guardian and you can do fine as long as you are better then the people you are playing or your team over-all is better. But you can’t snap your finger and change the rules of the game. If your goal is to be as effective as possible against the best you shouldn’t play a dps guardian even if you are doing well just know if you were playing a dps warrior as well you would be doing better. It’s not rocket science.

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

An equally skilled warrior will always out perform a dps guardian so again I don’t understand a lot of what people are sayg. There are different skill levels. Sure you can play a dps guardian and you can do fine as long as you are better then the people you are playing or your team over-all is better. But you can’t snap your finger and change the rules of the game. If your goal is to be as effective as possible against the best you shouldn’t play a dps guardian even if you are doing well just know if you were playing a dps warrior as well you would be doing better. It’s not rocket science.

Lol you are so wrong. Dps guard has a role that a warrior does not fill in so many ways. But its not really worth explaining with that kind of mentality lol. And plus I hate when people do not post anything productive to the OP because that is NOT what we are even discussing. We are trying to help anet imrpove us not compare it to other classes. So please if you have nothing productive to say, dont post.

“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Lol you are so wrong. Dps guard has a role that a warrior does not fill in so many ways. But its not really worth explaining with that kind of mentality lol. And plus I hate when people do not post anything productive to the OP because that is NOT what we are even discussing. We are trying to help anet imrpove us not compare it to other classes. So please if you have nothing productive to say, dont post.

He is right, you know. There’s nothing to improve about DPS guards, they were fine before and they are even better now. The thing that makes them seem like a weak or problematic build, is that “everything” else is out of control in this game. Take those condition spammers, AI and CC builds away, and the guardian will do just fine, like the S/D elementalist, another spec some people thinks needs a buff. It’s not the build per se, but the awful balance we are getting since ever. And no, I don't think power creeping the guardian should be the solution

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

He is right, you know. There’s nothing to improve about DPS guards, they were fine before and they are even better now. The thing that makes them seem like a weak or problematic build, is that “everything” else is out of control in this game. Take those condition spammers, AI and CC builds away, and the guardian will do just fine, like the S/D elementalist, another spec some people thinks needs a buff. It’s not the build per se, but the awful balance we are getting since ever. And no, I don't think power creeping the guardian should be the solution

Agreed… there are several professions that need to be brought back in line with the rest of them.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198