Anet Must Be Confused

Anet Must Be Confused

in PvP

Posted by: SwiftFishy.2643

SwiftFishy.2643

I know a lot of people got the “Dishounorable” debuff due to the servers crashing over the past days. So I contacted Anet on both a Support Ticket and Forums, this is what they said on both…

Support Ticket:

“Please understand that connection issues can occur anywhere along the network path between your computer and our servers. This is the nature of the Internet in general, where any point in the path can suffer congestion that causes lag or intermittent loss of connectivity.I sympathize with your frustration about these issues but we have reviewed recent information about the game and we are not able to identify any issues with our service. Support is not able to address losses resulting from issues beyond our control.”

Forums:

“Yes, so sorry. While we regret this situation, we’re sorry that we cannot remove the debuff. It’s unfortunate, but that is the case at the present time.”
-Gaile Grey

The Support Ticket claimed that there were no server issues over the past week, and Gale Grey said that they (Anet) could not remove any debuffs. Today the Dishounorable Debuff was removed before the time limit.

I’d like to hear some comments!

Anet Must Be Confused

in PvP

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

It is in the FAQ – They cannot remove the debuff. Just wait it out. Remember the debuff is from 3 CONSEQUETIVE matches where one leaves early. That has to be happen before the debuff occurs.

They are right about the connectivity – they were being bombarded by the outside. They have no control over that.

Anet Must Be Confused

in PvP

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Was updated this morning.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Dishonor-Disabled

We have disabled dishonor for the time being. Upon logging in, your dishonor will be cleared, and no new dishonor stacks will be applied.

Once we are sure any players who received false dishonor have logged in or waited 3 days, we will re-enable the feature.

Anet Must Be Confused

in PvP

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

That’s good, because there ARE problems with the service. I was in CS this morning doing Mel and got DC’d. I couldn’t log in to the game or even the website for maybe 3-4 minutes. When I got back to CS, every other player had said that it happened to them as well. Many complaints ensued. This was obviously a problem at ANet servers (not saying it’s their fault, if they were attacked, so be it), so it makes sense that if they’re being DoS’d, they should turn that dishonor thing off until they correct the situation.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Anet Must Be Confused

in PvP

Posted by: SwiftFishy.2643

SwiftFishy.2643

It is in the FAQ – They cannot remove the debuff. Just wait it out. Remember the debuff is from 3 CONSEQUETIVE matches where one leaves early. That has to be happen before the debuff occurs.

They are right about the connectivity – they were being bombarded by the outside. They have no control over that.

I’m guessing you didn’t care to read my entire article, cause I clearly stated at the bottom it was removed today…. so I’m not sure what your talking about.

Anet Must Be Confused

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I can see how removing the debuff could be an issue for them. They don’t really have a good way to know if you disconnected intentionally or not (as dumb as it sounds, it’s still true). It could have been an intentional task manager → end program close, a “my internet bounced” drop, dced because of the ddos attack, etc. Thus they can’t determine with any degree of accuracy which people should have the debuff, and which shouldn’t. Obviously their first approach was simply to leave it for everyone; although from the looks of Gaile’s comment, they are simply disabling it to let you clear it.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Anet Must Be Confused

in PvP

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

From what I gather based on things they’ve said/done, the debuff can’t be removed from individual characters but they can disable it for everyone at the server level.

Anet Must Be Confused

in PvP

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

From what I gather based on things they’ve said/done, the debuff can’t be removed from individual characters but they can disable it for everyone at the server level.

This. Gaile will have replied to an individual’s query about dishonor stacks, and from a CS point of view, they are unable to remove these stacks on an individual basis.

Obviously, the large number of people affected by the recent DDOS attacks prompted ANet to look at a server-side solution to resolve this for everyone.

Anet Must Be Confused

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

^ not sure if troll or just crazy paranoid

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]