Anets Idea of Balance

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Guardians

Can be completely invincible for 15 seconds whenever they want. Blocks, invuln, blocks, etc, while also dealing as much damage as they want. They also have perma stability and may heal up as much as they want.

Warriors

Nearly the same as Guardians except they will cc you to death if you have no stability (see necromancers). They can disengage and re-engage whenever they please all the while healing 400 hp a second with no downtime.

Elementalists

Got the nerf hammer into uselessness this season. At anet, emotional balancing is the only balancing. Feelings are more important than straight balance and everyone still feels the sting from when they were broken. But since Anet cant modify classes for pvp specifically, they romove entire amulets from spvp (which might also completely ruin other builds for other classes that were not overpowered) like a messy smear across all professions.

Mesmers

More condition bots but are also stealth bots and clone bots and mobility bots and probably the most annoying class in any game ever. They can deal passive condition damage while being completely safe from harm. Yey…

Rangers

Rangers were bad for a while so more emotional balancing here. Their range and five hour roots make kiting ez pz.. since you dont even have to kite. Why make things hard? Healing is a rangers speciality, just like ranged damage, and cc, and invulnerability, and mobility, and etc.

Engineers

Wait, engi’s didn’t have everything the last time devs checked so they gave them moa just to insure minionmancers know their place while being completely absolved from the same side-effects of transformations (turrets). Their speciality is everyting. They are fast, durable, cc heavy, can block, go invuln, do it all.

Necromancers

Gets focused in the beginning of the fight and will probably die in 5 seconds. Has zero blocks, zero invuln, zero evades but has to build up more life as time goes on but only through a limited set of skills/traits. They have the worst access to stability, they cant stealth and are not mobile. They have some of the most telegraphed skills in the game. They do use conditions though.

Hate to be such a downer lol but srsly man. What is going on with this game? There are several things im very happy with that anet has done especially with necromacners. It just always comes back to this place where anet makes these really strange decisions concerning balance and It only hurts them.

So many classes are absolved from being susceptible to the negative aspects of the professions thematics yet necromancers are not.

Guards can be plaed like assassins; go in, block everything for a short time and burn a single target to dust. This isn’t the theme of a guardian but the devs don’t mind for some reason.

Why can’t a necromancer do it then? Why aren’t they allowed to break free of the thematic prison Anet so consistently restricts them to.
- They are slow as hell
- They apparently only use conditions
- They cant use any blocks, or evades, or active defenses
- They are the attrition class and must do attrition things even though other classes if they so chose to build an attrition build could also play attrition and do just as well.
- They can’t 1v1 they can only 1v5 and die as soon as possible

i mean im painting a grim picture but its not far from the truth. Are there any plans? Are there any changes that are in the works for this class? It’s a bit depressing at times lol

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: afrocrusade.4253

afrocrusade.4253

do thieves now

I hate thieves so much

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: MrPinks.2015

MrPinks.2015

guards are not that strong
they have higher cooldown after they used every thing you have 30-49 seconds to kill him

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

lol at warrior can disengage and re-engage when they want?

and its around 380 hp, please learn to dodge our F1, it;s very telegraphic. Removing adrenal Hp or even lowering it, would literally kill the warrior class.

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Zero.6592

Zero.6592

Hahaha this guy just keeps saying the same kitten, but it is cool how he presents it differently each time. Clearly he has a thing for necros.

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Necro still has a chance in 1v1 to deal good damage. All the elementalist can do is bunk up and make other classes seem better.

In PvP I re-rolled my Elementalist to a Dragon Hunter
In WvW I re-rolled my Elementalist ro a Revenant

Now I do so much better without needing to be skillful or 5k hours of experience. Hell in WvW I can press 1 key on a 3 second cooldown and do 17k CoR on elementalists: 1-shot dead. In PvP I can win a 1v2 by just pressing all my keys randomly when its a close-quarter fight.

When you master a class and you’ve been nerfed so bad that you still get wrecked by new players playing other class I think the answer is pretty simple: balance in this game is not made in regards to the skillcap/cd/cast time/etc, but only as a way to market their gameplay as something different every once in a while.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Just wait 2-3 more seasons for anet to buff necros to season 2 levels of ridiculousness again.

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

lol at warrior can disengage and re-engage when they want?

and its around 380 hp, please learn to dodge our F1, it;s very telegraphic. Removing adrenal Hp or even lowering it, would literally kill the warrior class.

and thats why power warrior is superior. besides everyone running cleanses because of this meta. kitten the meta. thats irrelevant.

im bad at sarcasm

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: BaskingLight.4365

BaskingLight.4365

I agree that ele’s and necro’s need a buff. They both feel very underwhelming this season and the other classes have been made ridiculous.

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Wisee.7894

Wisee.7894

Guardians

Can be completely invincible for 15 seconds whenever they want. Blocks, invuln, blocks, etc, while also dealing as much damage as they want. They also have perma stability and may heal up as much as they want.

Warriors

Nearly the same as Guardians except they will cc you to death if you have no stability (see necromancers). They can disengage and re-engage whenever they please all the while healing 400 hp a second with no downtime.

Elementalists

Got the nerf hammer into uselessness this season. At anet, emotional balancing is the only balancing. Feelings are more important than straight balance and everyone still feels the sting from when they were broken. But since Anet cant modify classes for pvp specifically, they romove entire amulets from spvp (which might also completely ruin other builds for other classes that were not overpowered) like a messy smear across all professions.

Mesmers

More condition bots but are also stealth bots and clone bots and mobility bots and probably the most annoying class in any game ever. They can deal passive condition damage while being completely safe from harm. Yey…

Rangers

Rangers were bad for a while so more emotional balancing here. Their range and five hour roots make kiting ez pz.. since you dont even have to kite. Why make things hard? Healing is a rangers speciality, just like ranged damage, and cc, and invulnerability, and mobility, and etc.

Engineers

Wait, engi’s didn’t have everything the last time devs checked so they gave them moa just to insure minionmancers know their place while being completely absolved from the same side-effects of transformations (turrets). Their speciality is everyting. They are fast, durable, cc heavy, can block, go invuln, do it all.

Necromancers

Gets focused in the beginning of the fight and will probably die in 5 seconds. Has zero blocks, zero invuln, zero evades but has to build up more life as time goes on but only through a limited set of skills/traits. They have the worst access to stability, they cant stealth and are not mobile. They have some of the most telegraphed skills in the game. They do use conditions though.

Hate to be such a downer lol but srsly man. What is going on with this game? There are several things im very happy with that anet has done especially with necromacners. It just always comes back to this place where anet makes these really strange decisions concerning balance and It only hurts them.

So many classes are absolved from being susceptible to the negative aspects of the professions thematics yet necromancers are not.

Guards can be plaed like assassins; go in, block everything for a short time and burn a single target to dust. This isn’t the theme of a guardian but the devs don’t mind for some reason.

Why can’t a necromancer do it then? Why aren’t they allowed to break free of the thematic prison Anet so consistently restricts them to.
- They are slow as hell
- They apparently only use conditions
- They cant use any blocks, or evades, or active defenses
- They are the attrition class and must do attrition things even though other classes if they so chose to build an attrition build could also play attrition and do just as well.
- They can’t 1v1 they can only 1v5 and die as soon as possible

i mean im painting a grim picture but its not far from the truth. Are there any plans? Are there any changes that are in the works for this class? It’s a bit depressing at times lol

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Wisee.7894

Wisee.7894

I agree with everything you said besides necros, I play a necro and i find it easy to hit for 600k + damage in a match just use the right build they can hit for as much damage as any class just they have the added survivability if you swap between condi transferring lich form and obviously going into shroud i only really ever die if im ganked. they certainly need to buff ele because it has ok damage with no survivability making them super easy to kill with basically every class. honestly i would prefer playing an ele that was just as glassy but had far more power so they could compete with the other classes in damage dealt even if they were still as vulnerable it would be far more fair

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

I like how evryone give a kitten about thieves u are like common thieves are not even enemies, i kill them accidentaly when i 1v1

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Can someone spot the necro player?

Pumpkin – Mag

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

What about thieves? :< Did we get nerfed so much that nobody remembers us? :o

I actually fear thieves most when i play necro o.o

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Oh for kittens sake A-net just buff everything.

>undo all nerfs on tempest. Bring back a weaker version of cleric amulet

1050 power
1050 expertise or some other useless filler stat to prevent scrappers, dh and druids form using it.
560 toughness
560 healing power

>Buff necros back to season 2 levels.

> Revert 1 sec icd on stealth attacks, add to steal transfer 2 conditions on hit and grant 3 stacks of stability for 5 seconds on hit. 20 percent damage increase on pulminary impact

>Don’t kittening nerf anything else.

Because all know that there is Always one class where percieved ‘’the wheel of misfortune’’ will land on. Don’t even give a kitten about nerfing elite specs to core classes. Just keep everything like this no matter how ‘’cheesy it might be percieved to be’’

It’s why u get threads in which a warrior can disenage everytime they want for crying out loud.

JUST kittenING BUFF EVERY CLASS THAT IS PERCIEVED TO BE BEHIND AND CALL IT A DAY.

Just make everything ’’OP’’ and then we can talk about bringing things down. Or u get threads where misinformation is spread which contribute to these ’’overnerfs’’ rince repeat.

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I agree with everything you said besides necros, I play a necro and i find it easy to hit for 600k + damage in a match just use the right build they can hit for as much damage as any class just they have the added survivability if you swap between condi transferring lich form and obviously going into shroud i only really ever die if im ganked. they certainly need to buff ele because it has ok damage with no survivability making them super easy to kill with basically every class. honestly i would prefer playing an ele that was just as glassy but had far more power so they could compete with the other classes in damage dealt even if they were still as vulnerable it would be far more fair

Wtf you use Lich Form for survivability? Wow… that skill used to be a power damage cooldown (not defense i may add) now only pver use it for the minions in viper builds (lol). Honestly i cannot imagine how Lich form could save you from decent players…

Well grim specter is certainly not bad, i dont think it is worth taking lich form just because of that skill.

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Wtf you use Lich Form for survivability? Wow… that skill used to be a power damage cooldown (not defense i may add) now only pver use it for the minions in viper builds (lol). Honestly i cannot imagine how Lich form could save you from decent players…

Well grim specter is certainly not bad, i dont think it is worth taking lich form just because of that skill.

he has no clue what he’s talking about. Ive never seen anyone say they use Lich form for survivability. Some people just like necros to be underpowered is all.

He hits for 600k damage lol on lich form. XD XD XD XD what? Who is this guy really. Really though. Aye, you play your lich form and i’ll just block everything when i play guard ok? I’ll destroy your lich form “survivability”

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Necro still has a chance in 1v1 to deal good damage. All the elementalist can do is bunk up and make other classes seem better.

In PvP I re-rolled my Elementalist to a Dragon Hunter
In WvW I re-rolled my Elementalist ro a Revenant

Now I do so much better without needing to be skillful or 5k hours of experience. Hell in WvW I can press 1 key on a 3 second cooldown and do 17k CoR on elementalists: 1-shot dead. In PvP I can win a 1v2 by just pressing all my keys randomly when its a close-quarter fight.

When you master a class and you’ve been nerfed so bad that you still get wrecked by new players playing other class I think the answer is pretty simple: balance in this game is not made in regards to the skillcap/cd/cast time/etc, but only as a way to market their gameplay as something different every once in a while.

Its honestly very annoying how much easier it is to be good at some classes just because the class carries you so much. Its no fun to fight these classes.

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Thief and necro are the two optional classes that made it into the top EU positions during the qualifiers IIRC.

rev, dh, engi, druid are the required classes, then you have an optional class that can be anything except elementalist.

Technically only elementalist is trash this season, meaning the other 8 classes are balanced. Signit chillomancer is still kittened if you have a team supporting you, which only happens in stacks. It’s just another bunker + rotation speed meta.

(edited by duster.7013)

Anets Idea of Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Just wait 2-3 more seasons for anet to buff necros to season 2 levels of ridiculousness again.

LOL exactly. Season 2 where every match had 4 to 6 necros. (at least in the lower tiers)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "