Anything being done about Broken DH trapper?

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Well traps no longer Daze so there you go!!!

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Yep this will be an extremely dragon hunter heavy season 5.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

They are traps, why should traps be instant gratification aoe damage (+cc+boons/healing)? They should take time to setup but be rewarding if you manage to make someone step into them.

First off traps don’t heal, you have a heal trap for your 6 key heal, but that’s about it. daze is being removed for soft CC Slow, with the new info we have present to us. Traps have never worked the way you described them, since even launch pre-HoT. Look at Ranger traps, and thief traps, even marks. I think you’re really over estimating the worth of boons on trap use as well.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

They are traps, why should traps be instant gratification aoe damage (+cc+boons/healing)? They should take time to setup but be rewarding if you manage to make someone step into them.

That would be great if they did take time to setup, but they don’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

That’s a bit of a fallacy because they already do take time to set up. Setting up F1 pull, Shield#5 push, or LB#3 push to cross over an activated ToF. Or Stuning enemies who are trying to rez downed players, etc.

Currently there’s 2 extremes with Power Traps for Guardians.

• 1.) Any new DH player can spam them against any other new player and do better, even if they’re the same skill level.
  • 2.) An experience player can completely NULL a trap by avoiding it and outsmarting the DH player in general… making it more difficult for a pro DH player to go up against players of equal skill level.

They should have made traps disappear quicker when activated and have their cooldowns halved with a shave in damages. With the trap’s limited time frame it would force players to use them more skillfully. Spamming them randomly wouldn’t be nearly as efficient.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

They should have made traps disappear quicker when activated and have their cooldowns halved with a shave in damages. With the trap’s limited time frame it would force players to use them more skillfully. Spamming them randomly wouldn’t be nearly as efficient.

Against reduced cooldowns https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Trapper

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Well you def gonna see way more burn guards next season. With the burn durations increased and the new amulet and the removal of daze from traps, id go with purging flames, smite condition and judges intervention.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

The real problem with traps, comes with skilled players using the AoE hard CC at the worst possible time. Think about it. Insta-cast AoE hard CC that can be cast while you are doing other things, like stomping, resting, or setting up a pull or knockback. It’s a bit overturned.

At least slow does not interrupt everyone in a big AoE circle. Of course baddies are going to spam their traps, or pre cast them and hope your pet does not set them off. Good players use both traps offensively to interrupt (when you CANT avoid it).

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

If burn guard is going to be a thing again, Mallyx Revs will happily take all the burns in teamfights and hand the enemy team the same in kindness :]

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: RaGe.9834

RaGe.9834

But they got significantly buffed sustain in return, and instant slow! YAY! oh wait…

What are you a jock?…. get out, This is nerd landia, where nerds gather!

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Those were core virtues buffs, not dh virtues.

in PvP

Posted by: Wildfang.3271

Wildfang.3271

But they got significantly buffed sustain in return, and instant slow! YAY! oh wait…

This is the part where you have to wonder if people have lost the ability to read properly first before having a kneejerk reaction. The buffed virtues are for core guardian. If you go into DH traitline, you wouldn’t have access to those buffed skills as they are changed into Wings of Resolve and Shield of Courage. So you aren’t going to have buffed sustain along with traps. This is more of a buff to burn guard.

in PvP

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

The only class in the game that dosent require dodging and can just spam cooldowns like blocks and invul while standing still and dropping AoE damage. Despite how easy it is to play this class it also too rewarding for the amount of effort required. It also hard counters thief, mes , warrior , necro and invo rev and the other match ups it can stalemate so basically Dh dosent even lose to any class 1v1 ( unless you use some useless build made for 1v1 )

Combine that with the fact that normal games dont have proper class distribution system and even if 2 builds out of dozens are good vs DH you will most likely not have them in your solo Q to counter a stacked Dh trapper team.

Just give me a reason to play any other classs than DH in a normal ranked or unranked game. if I can just stand still and spam AoE damage while blocking half of the time and the other half being invul.

Something needs to be done about DH . Either cut the block duration in half or make it at least weak to condis.

The fact of the matter is a stacked Dh trapper team in solo Q is nearly impossible to beat with pugs so the pro league balance dosent matter to 99% of the player base. DH trapper is very OP in normal games that are not team vs team or the pro league games. Because you cant have an optimal comp and team coordination to take this build down especially when stacked together.

Its also the only class that I see stacked the most. teams with 3 warriors, 3 thieves, 3 mesmers, 3 eles or whatever dosent happen very often compared to teams with 3 DHs. I wonder why so many people play it well I think I know why…

Good points! Let’s buff DH and nerf revenant, which is much harder to play

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

DH come and stack together! Go though this season! Break their Game!

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

I laughing inside at all the posts about DH getting buffed when only core guard is affected. So many people showing that they’re noobs who don’t understand the game.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

Conditions will destroy DHs. DH is one of the last classes to mark as broken… if you think they are overpowered then you just don’t know how to fight them.
Meanwhile I can kill anyone with my mesmer in 2 seconds. If you want an easy mode class there you go.

in PvP

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

I actually don’t have a problem with trap guards as a s
Dps ranger. Once you get through the media invuln, swap pets and unlockable them to death

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP