April SotG CliffNotes

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

@Stealth.9324

No need to troll.
Everything he stated was a relatively valid point.
Every elementalist goes 30 arcane so has a 9~s CD on attunement swap because its a fantastic trait line.
Being ‘stuck’ in d/d isn’t a really terrible deal when the set innately gives you 3 gap closers, pretty constant swiftness, 3~ great hard CCs, frost armor and self healing… to boot you get extremely good cleansing from traits and cantrips while the majority of fights are on objectives.

Warriors aren’t even comparable to elementalists atm.
Completely opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to balance.

If you are seriously talking about the longbow adrenaline skill like the burn is something that draws notable dps… that burn on a class that can’t spec for condition dmg and only applies 2s worth every 2s for 6~… pray to god you never fight a decent condi ranger.

Sorry, I am not trolling. Dont call people troll when they are being serious.I am being sarcasm with him while pointing out his mistakes. Yes right, being forced to use D/D is not a bad deal. Sorry, while I agree with you but not all of us enjoy playing D/D. I do enjoy D/D but i want variety. Dont tell me you dont sick of seeing D/D eles everyday in PvP? Is it not the very reason the class being called Op just because everyone using D/D??When I tried different set, they were so suck compare to other.

I never said anything about Longbow being noble Dps whatsoever. YOU can stop put your thinking in my line. You can’t denied Longbow is the best set out there to apply condition. And condition ignore armor and toughness. What else has?Lowest health pool among all class. Condition eat us alive if we don’t pay attention to what conditions on us.

I also pray to GoD you never see a decent Warrior Longbow or duel one.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

so they said NERFS wasn t the way to go….

They neutered D/D (i don t care of PvP if it die fast would be a bless to the game considering damage it did to other game modes)

After 15 november i should have known how much does worth anet’s word…..
The funny part (we may buff staff in the future) usual Anet behavior….nerf to the ground and leave for years buffs on the TO DO LIST…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Empiren.6401

Empiren.6401

Warrior will still be the lowest tier with anet’s half-done patches, and necromancer minion AI is still gonna be bugged??

-PASS-

I’ll see you next month anet, I got better games to play.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

2s Stun from Earthquake. Oh dear, are we even playing the same class in the same game? Earthquake does KD, my ignorant Dinosaur, unless you think stuns and KD is the same which is..laughable at your game mechanic. With stun, you Can Not do anything, with KD you can still Teleport away and get back up right away. Too bad you don’t know this. You are too full of yourself.

Lol’d. Nice try. I knew that you will say something like this.

Kite Eles and you already got a free hit…Guess kite is so hard to you after all.

Wait wha… Oh, now i understand. KITE ELES HE SAID.

Op Long bow,well I would not call it Op though.

If you’re fighting for point, i have a bad news for you: warrior have no any adequate bunker build which can compare to guardian, ele, engi, etc. If you’re going to say that condition war deals too much dmg against your ele even with cleansing water and cleansing waves on dodge then, i think, we don’t need to talk anymore.

In conclusion… I’m not even surprised that now you’re nitpicking.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Stealth.9324

2s Stun from Earthquake. Oh dear, are we even playing the same class in the same game? Earthquake does KD, my ignorant Dinosaur, unless you think stuns and KD is the same which is..laughable at your game mechanic. With stun, you Can Not do anything, with KD you can still Teleport away and get back up right away. Too bad you don’t know this. You are too full of yourself.

Lol’d. Nice try. I knew that you will say something like this.

Kite Eles and you already got a free hit…Guess kite is so hard to you after all.

Wait wha… Oh, now i understand. KITE ELES HE SAID.

Op Long bow,well I would not call it Op though.

If you’re fighting for point, i have a bad news for you: warrior have no any adequate bunker build which can compare to guardian, ele, engi, etc. If you’re going to say that condition war deals too much dmg against your ele even with cleansing water and cleansing waves on dodge then, i think, we don’t need to talk anymore.

In conclusion… I’m not even surprised that now you’re nitpicking.

Don’t tell me you can not kite a Melee class?Sure we have RtL,sure we have burning foot and Mganetic grasp, only RtL has 1200 range and all the other has the range of 600.And most of the range weapon out there can shoot at 1200 range. Sure to approach you, Eles will need to use all mobility skill. Don’t tell me you can’t get some free hit on him while he doing this?And the shortest CD is 8s on Burning foot or Magnetic grasp (not so sure though),once he use all his mobile skill, he is your target shooting for the next 8s. What stop you from doing so?

I never said Wariior can holding point. What I aim is War can force a burker to out of the point and capture it, same with all bubble and KB from Engine and guardian.Sure I can run back and capture the point but that means putting me on the high rush condition field.They will neutralise the point eventually. Please use your thinking a bit more.

My conclusion is I am just wasting my time to explain to someone who does not even think a bit what others say. Then why I bother.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

The only logical conclusion I can draw from stealth’s posts is that he is trolling. Best not to feed him.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Stealth.9324

The only logical conclusion I can draw from stealth’s posts is that he is trolling. Best not to feed him.

No need. I can feed on my own. Thanks for the warning.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Stealth.9324

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/An-open-challenge-for-all-who-dare/first#post1912683

For those “pro” player out there that think Eles still be fine afte this patch,please head in there and accept the challenge proudly. Don’t be such a p**** cat that all talk. Action speak louder than words.

This is a sPvP forum section and that is a wvwvw challange

The change will affect both WvW and PvP. If the change is only affected PvP, then I don’t think we Eles would be in chaos right now. Too bad that is not the case. So I don’t think that make any difference at all. Is WvW not a bigger scale of PVP regardless?

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Thanks for the conclusion. Saved my head-ache of trying to understand karls explanations.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Don’t tell me you can not kite a Melee class?Sure we have RtL,sure we have burning foot and Mganetic grasp, only RtL has 1200 range and all the other has the range of 600.And most of the range weapon out there can shoot at 1200 range. Sure to approach you, Eles will need to use all mobility skill. Don’t tell me you can’t get some free hit on him while he doing this?And the shortest CD is 8s on Burning foot or Magnetic grasp (not so sure though),once he use all his mobile skill, he is your target shooting for the next 8s. What stop you from doing so?

What an awesome wall of contradictory statements.

What I aim is War can force a burker to out of the point and capture it

Well, at least you are funny.

, same with all bubble and KB from Engine and guardian.

Cold story.

My conclusion is I am just wasting my time to explain to someone who does not even think a bit what others say. Then why I bother.

Yes, you can stop trying to troll me and pretend that you’re into this game. It’s a waste of time.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Oh I am no troll. But keep saying to yourself that anyway. For me, it it also a waste of time to explain myself.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Lukrath.6982

Lukrath.6982

I didn’t read any of the replies cuz you KNOW people gonna be trolling. just wanted to say I think that the devs are headed in the right direction with these changes. I don’t think I disliked the idea of any of them which is a first.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Sounds to me like:
Retaliation changes might have unintended consequences. It is already difficult to counter and pretty strong considering the amount of damage a well timed AoE retaliation can do with very little opportunity to mitigate (not much in the way of AoE stripping). Making it more bursty might lead to simple chaining rotations that are impossible to attack.

Looks like Warrior will still need more work to me. Moving in the right direction, but still easily kited in melee, very little in the way of conditions, and very little in the way of condi clears.

Thief – A bit of survivability might make more builds viable. Hopefully they get it right and thieves have something to do other than hope to find a glassy opponent and grief him all match.

Ranger – FACEPALM. Pets didn’t need a buff like this. Traited would be acceptable, but I wouldn’t even like it then. I don’t know why making passive damage from AI better seems to be such a priority in this game. In sPvP all of the passive sources of damage are dumb, and they should be minimal, if they even exist. Perhaps at some point they will make an effort to push the game toward skill and away from “Whomever gets the most out of the AI wins.”

Ele – Cleansing Fire is necessary now. RtL is only irritating every 40s now. Ether Renewal is now the heal. Whoopdee doo. Cantrip ele is still going to be really strong in the hands of good players, but the bad players who were using it will die now. That said, there really should be something done to make something else work for ele. I think a trait buff that forces them out of heavy investment in Arcane & Water would go a long way to giving them variety.

Engi – Mostly neutral, but 40% burn uptime from just critting? Seems a bit much for a 10 pt trait. Engi already had lots of conditions. Now they have more burn. At least it may add a bit to variety for them.

Mesmer – Meh. The distortion change is impactful, and you’ll see more Moa now. Ok I guess. Nerf+buff.

Necro – CB and Epidemic needed this. Minion Health should have been addressed thu the trait. That DoT better show up on a weaponset too. Necro lacks condition variety at present, and this might go a long way to fixing that if implemented properly.

Guardian – No more treb cheese is good. Sounds like a net buff if retaliation is more bursty.

Overall I suppose decent progress if implemented well.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

New Meta: BM-Ranger as close-point holder, because of buffs and distortion-nerf of mesmers.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: tarcheg.4872

tarcheg.4872

New Meta: BM-Ranger as close-point holder, because of buffs and distortion-nerf of mesmers.

The devs said it only affects the f4 and I think that as long as the point doesn’t decap while using bf, the nerf is not that big. You still can have a full 4s distortion without letting the point fully decap.
But nevertheless rangers are already deffing close quite often.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

The devs said it only affects the f4 and I think that as long as the point doesn’t decap while using bf, the nerf is not that big. You still can have a full 4s distortion without letting the point fully decap.
But nevertheless rangers are already deffing close quite often.

You forgot about blurred frenzy… which is 2s. Mabye mesmers start to play GS instead of sword after the patch.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: tarcheg.4872

tarcheg.4872

I said: “as long as the point doesn’t decap while using bf (=blurred frenzy) […]”

Because the buff when you use blurred frenzy is called “blur” and not distortion.

But IF bf does decap the point, the nerf would be hard BUT legit, since no one else can cap a point while being invul.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I said: “as long as the point doesn’t decap while using bf (=blurred frenzy) […]”

Because the buff when you use blurred frenzy is called “blur” and not distortion.

But IF bf does decap the point, the nerf would be hard BUT legit, since no one else can cap a point while being invul.

Oh sorry, I missed the “bf”. Thanks for the information.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You forgot about blurred frenzy… which is 2s. Mabye mesmers start to play GS instead of sword after the patch.

I’m pretty sure the devs in the SOTG said it only affected the Distortion effect from the F4 skill.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

SotG notes in text form for those too lazy to watch the full video!

Elementalist

-Signet of Restoration: Passive heal slightly reduced

They only removed “the buggy stuff”, which are multiply heals from doing one action and the healing proc from dodge rolls etc.

They “might” improve its base heal amount, they just needed to fix the buggy stuff first.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I’m pretty sure the devs in the SOTG said it only affected the Distortion effect from the F4 skill.

Ye, my fault there… someone allrdy advised me of that. Embarassing :/

Read It Backwards [BooN]

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

@Stealth.9324
Deleting the post that you were blatantly trolling in doesn’t mean you weren’t trolling.
Rambling about ele build diversity as an answer doesn’t address anything and doing so right after talking about how ‘serious’ you take this discussion only ironically makes you seem like even more of a troll.

I never said anything about Longbow being noble Dps whatsoever. YOU can stop put your thinking in my line. You can’t denied Longbow is the best set out there to apply condition. And condition ignore armor and toughness. What else has?Lowest health pool among all class. Condition eat us alive if we don’t pay attention to what conditions on us.

I also pray to GoD you never see a decent Warrior Longbow or duel one.

Condition warrior… a threat to an ele??? your not even in the top 1000 on the leaderboard… I’m sorry, I seriously don’t think you know what you are talking about.

Low level pug play is vastly different from competent TPvP.
Speak about what you know, not what you want to know or else everyone will call you a troll because you will be, intentionally or not, trolling.

(edited by garethh.3518)

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

So I’m 100% positive that people calling for ranger nerfs don’t play or understand the issues the class has at all.

Yes, there is a ranger build or two that is strong at holding points. But that is literally like, the only thing that it is desired for. Outside of a point holding environment (WvW for example, even though I only pvp) the pet AI is a welcomed and necessary change, especially when a class should be able to take full advantage of its class mechanic.

Also, the ranger community is majority in agreement with wanting the damage moved from the pet to the player. Until now it was a nuisance to have to rely on shoddy pet AI for damage, and people generally only play that way because they know it’s powerful but feel pigeonholed into it.

But as usual people would rather cry because they personally aren’t effective against something and call for a nerf, instead of try to understand what position a class is in and realize that maybe until the game is rounded out more and subpar things are brought up to the current level (with new hard counter mechanics being introduced), over nerfing things just hurts the metagame for any profession affected by the nerf (like with what haste did to warriors, for example).

There isn’t a single class that anybody would agree is balanced, and that really is because they all need work, because not a single class is in a good spot in its entirety.

It looks like the patch notes address that, although I think we all can agree that we all hope that patch note list is longer than that (as usual).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

They haven’t released the patch notes yet right? Does anybody know or have any idea when that will happen? Patch is supposed to be Tuesday (tomorrow) right?

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Tourney Changes

-“Very aware of” the need to split premade and solo queue, looking at this for the future.

This is the single biggest issue. This should be a priority, even before looking at skill balances. Anet is killing sPvP. Even quicker than they did in GW1. It will be record time before you have a few organized teams/players/guilds asking why their format is dead, and nobody plays anymore.

If you make the experience horrible for new players to the format, they won’t continue playing. It will kill sPvP if you don’t make this a priority above all else.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Finally some meaningful ele nerfs. Ride the Lightning had too low of a cd and being able to use heals during an invuln was cheesy. Learn how to get your heal skills off like everyone else without a ridiculous crutch.

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Mantra cast time reduced from 3.25s to 2.75s

Yeahhhhh that’s what i was waiting for!!!! Mantra opppp!!!

…meanwhile after all those bug fixes pretty sure we’re still going to stuck into walls and stuff when porting…….

…seriously…kitten off… xD

(edited by Archaon.6245)

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

This is actually worrying. I know everyone’s rejoicing over the death of the dd ele in pvp (because you guys don’t d/d in pve and d/d is a bit strong in pvx right now) but you realize that nerfs come full circle to every profession, right? If everything keeps getting scaled down in net (there’s usually more nerfs than buffs every update), we’ll all be toned to the same shade of gray.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

Tourney Changes

-“Very aware of” the need to split premade and solo queue, looking at this for the future.

This is the single biggest issue. This should be a priority, even before looking at skill balances. Anet is killing sPvP. Even quicker than they did in GW1. It will be record time before you have a few organized teams/players/guilds asking why their format is dead, and nobody plays anymore.

If you make the experience horrible for new players to the format, they won’t continue playing. It will kill sPvP if you don’t make this a priority above all else.

It’s like they just don’t care. In game voice chat would one shot this issue

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

It’s like they just don’t care. In game voice chat would one shot this issue

Anet pvp dev 1:

" Gee, I dunno what’s the problem. I can play sPvP no problem with the other 4 guys while sitting on their laps in the same cubicle. This is totally fun. We’re awesome!"

Anet pvp dev 2:

" Hey, it’s good thing we can talk to each other. Hey Bob, let me hit your keyboard at the same time, so we can sync up our build synergy more effectively." “Now THIS is balance!”

Anet pvp dev 1:

“MMmmrrrr. We totally rolled this random group of rank 10s”. “Go go go”.

Anet pvp dev 3:

“See how this random ele on the other team can hold two of us off for 30s, without a team member helping?”. “We should nerf this”. “This is a TEAM game, after all”.

Anet pvp dev 4:

“Uhh…guys?” “Why aren’t there any more tournament matches being played?” “Guys…..guys?”. “Where’s all the new players?”

April SotG CliffNotes

in PvP

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Engi – Mostly neutral, but 40% burn uptime from just critting? Seems a bit much for a 10 pt trait. Engi already had lots of conditions. Now they have more burn. At least it may add a bit to variety for them.

The original trait could keep 100% up for high-hit-rate type of attacks like Flamethrower and traited nades. So it’s definitely a reduction in DPS for some builds. It’s a move towards a more consistent DPS improvement from the trait which would work for more builds instead of FT or grenades.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”