Arrogant Thief Hate

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Honestly at this point I don’t really much care anymore, all the thieves coming on here being arrogant about their class is making me laugh.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

:sigh:

Instead of just saying I rest my case I’m going to address a few things to fully end this.

First I will agree with all the teams/players BETTER than you who I base that FACT off. I trust I don’t have to list them?

Impact strike while a great skill means very little with all the blocks invulns passives etc that are out there. Thus its not a reason to thief a game up.

Again you take more shots at pro league players. I dunno what your issue is with them but like I said the best teams/players disagree with you. I’ll put stock in the actual people who are winning and not quitting/getting kicked.

May your day be glorious

Ignorance is bliss.

Thank you for bowing out.

Take care.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Take care.

Your misinterpretation adds to my point.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Take care.

Your misinterpretation adds to my point.

Let’s contribute to the thread instead of self ego.

If you’d like to try and counter some points you’re welcome to. Just please actually use facts.

Thank you

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Just please actually use facts.

Thank you

i·ro·ny
noun
A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

“Oh no, someone says thief works for them! That can’t be! Must get all gossip I know about them out!”

A good base for a discussion.
At some point I really should get to the ground why every thread Caed is in completely derails and hordes of players come to insult him.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Just please actually use facts.

Thank you

i·ro·ny
noun
A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

Awesome,you found out why I’m questioning your posts.

Let’s get back on track in this thread and have fun!

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Ok, we get it. You two don’t agree. How about we all stop playing the ‘I want to get in the last word, even though I have nothing productive to say’ game, eh?

https://xkcd.com/386/

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Thiefs get unfairly singled-out as the reason why a team loses. It’s a lot easier for a crappy player to hide in some of the “meta” classes. But you all have stated that you’d rather have a bad necro, ele, engi, mesmer, etc, than a bad thief. Why? Because apparently bad players can still offer something? What is it? I’ve been on teams with no thiefs and people still make idiotic plays. Your bad attitude toward thief as a class is costing you more wins than you think. This whole thread is full of speculation and bias. You already hate thief, so when you lose a match, naturally you blame the thief on your team. I think it’s funny how everyone seems to think they should be telling you what to do in a match. Total BS

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Thiefs get unfairly singled-out as the reason why a team loses. It’s a lot easier for a crappy player to hide in some of the “meta” classes. But you all have stated that you’d rather have a bad necro, ele, engi, mesmer, etc, than a bad thief. Why? Because apparently bad players can still offer something? What is it? I’ve been on teams with no thiefs and people still make idiotic plays. Your bad attitude toward thief as a class is costing you more wins than you think. This whole thread is full of speculation and bias. You already hate thief, so when you lose a match, naturally you blame the thief on your team. I think it’s funny how everyone seems to think they should be telling you what to do in a match. Total BS

Not defending general thief hate, but I think it is true that a bad meta player will still be more effective than a bad thief.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

R O C.6574

^^Not sure if there is anyway to prove this.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Konoha.4613

Konoha.4613

Thief is far from useless, warrior is far from useful.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Thief is not this easy https://youtu.be/z0JWZ8t08TY

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Shadow.1345

I think it’s funny how everyone seems to think they should be telling you what to do in a match. Total BS

Thieves be like “Don’t tell us how to play.”
Teammates be like “You’re not helping us win.”
Thieves be like “It’s cause you have to learn how to play with a thief.”

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

R O C.6574

I think it’s funny how everyone seems to think they should be telling you what to do in a match. Total BS

I always help. I can’t bring “spamwich” with thief, but I get my job done. That doesn’t stop some idiot from trying to direct all my plays instead of working on his own.

Shadow, do you play necro with your forehead like spamwich? If you don’t you’re doing it wrong.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Shadow.1345

I always help. I can’t bring “spamwich” with thief, but I get my job done. That doesn’t stop some idiot from trying to direct all my plays instead of working on his own.

Shadow, do you play necro with your forehead like spamwich? If you don’t you’re doing it wrong.

And that went right over your head. I’m not saying you don’t help but it’s kinda hypocritical to tell people to not tell you how to play and then turn around and tell people how to play to suit a thief on their team. This whole thread started with me talking about how stubborn and arrogant people who insist on always playing thief and pretty much every reply has proven my point.

I mean my example of the thief who just let people run past him and did nothing about it was met with all these excuses about how the team failed instead of him. If I had said “this stupid engi/necro/rev/ele kept letting people run past him” you’d all be talking about how bad his awareness was.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

R O C.6574

And that went right over your head. I’m not saying you don’t help but it’s kinda hypocritical to tell people to not tell you how to play and then turn around and tell people how to play to suit a thief on their team. This whole thread started with me talking about how stubborn and arrogant people who insist on always playing thief and pretty much every reply has proven my point.

I mean my example of the thief who just let people run past him and did nothing about it was met with all these excuses about how the team failed instead of him. If I had said “this stupid engi/necro/rev/ele kept letting people run past him” you’d all be talking about how bad his awareness was.

You wanna make it about bad players? I’m with you. But you made it about thiefs. So anyone who is decent at playing thief is gonna want to argue this with you.

I already said you should edit the thread title to “bad player hate.”

And you didn’t answer if you play necro with your forehead or not

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Shadow.1345

No I don’t play necro with my forehead because I don’t just spam.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Shadow.1345

And there changed the title to suit the topic more.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

R O C.6574

That’s better. Just don’t ask me to switch in a match or i’ll come back with a warrior

Typically the only time I will switch is when the other team has multiple DH or if my team is lacking in support utility classes

(edited by R O C.6574)

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Shadow.1345

I don’t ask people to switch because I know they won’t even if I am stuck with 4 thieves. They’ll just lol about it. Your statement does show the stubbornness I pointed out. People that play other classes will switch to give a better comp or to counter the other comp. Even Reapers and Tempests change if there are too many on the team but thieves act like it is some huge insult to them to ask them to change. Hell this thread has an argument going on about some guy not wanting to change to suit the other 4 people of his team because he decided it was his way or the highway.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

R O C.6574

I switch when I feel it’s necessary. But not everyone agrees on when that is. If the enemy has 1 thief, then 2 thiefs on my team is actually an advantage imo. I’m not arrogant, I just don’t like people calling thief trash tier just because the class won’t carry trash tier players.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

play and then turn around and tell people how to play to suit a thief on their team. This whole thread started with me talking about how stubborn and arrogant people who insist on always playing thief and pretty much every reply has proven my point.

You don’t have a point, firstly if you are that bothered about compositions then queue as a 5 man, but I guess taking responsibility is too much for you and you’d rather cry about other people than solve what is your problem, yourself.

Secondly you fail to grasp what should be a fairly basic concept, that people have different priorities when playing games, now you may think you are at The International playing DOTA 2 for a million dollars, so winning is all that matters, but the reality is you are playing GW2, which is a casual MMO, where many have the view that the PvP is considered a bit of a joke, and the league is considered a worthless joke, so if faced with the choice between what is optimum and what is fun (which means playing the class they enjoy), many go with what is fun, if you don’t like that, then tough, people are entitled to play what class they wish, you know how to solve your problem.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Shadow.1345

If you’re not gonna play to win the don’t queue up in Ranked. That’s what Hot Joins and Unranked is for. This about thieves in Ranked and their little kittenty stubborn selfish attitudes. And yeah people are entitled to play what they want and I am entitled to kitten about it. Deal with it ::shades::

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

They switched to the only comp viable. You were too stubborn to realize that. The fact that every single pro team switched to it including the best teams and players confirms that statement. Was it favorable to abandon a comp for another during a season…maybe not but the alternative solution of staying with a significantly weaker comp was worse.

Also I never said anything about you not being around nor does your busy life sway any feeling of cares in me….we’re all busy fyi. The shot at all the players in NA pro league was uncalled for though.

Have a nice day.

“Only viable comp” – They switched to the easiest comp. Players make the game, not classes. The only exception to that would be warrior, which provides nothing over another class.

Staff Thief kills clones as fast as they’re produced, cleaves downs, and had more than enough survivability in Season 1’s meta. Impact Strike also would have ended fights instead of letting the same person get ressed over 5 times in a single fight. There’s always more than 1 viable comp, despite how efficient that comp may be. You can call me stubborn all you want, I play more than one class and had no issue swapping if I thought it was necessary for a win. The majority of the player base swaps to the easiest class to play because it has the least room for error – but that doesn’t mean it has the largest payback when played optimally. The issue arises when their reluctance towards challenge inhibits their ability to comprehend the game from a strategic standpoint.

Don’t expect people to know better since there’s a large assumption that everyone in Pro League knows what they’re doing.

Narcaris has a good point. Running a thief is difficult because it allows very little room for error — both from the team’s perspective as well as the team’s perspective. One bad rotation from the team can put the thief in a position where he’s not able to contribute well. And one bad movement from the thief is enough to get him downed. We can all accept that as true.

But a thief comp played perfectly may still be better than a meta comp that is also played perfectly. But if both teams make a few mistakes, then the meta comp wins. It makes sense for proleague teams (which are competing for cash) to play the safer comp — especially when you have to deal with uncontrollable issues like lag, random DCs, and A.net bugs (immob, sliding downstate, etc.).

It’s probably the same reason why players in Ranked complain about thieves. When you have a thief on your team, you need to play smarter so that your thief has the opportunity to shine. Doing stupid stuff like leaving a teamfight on a slow class to decap is going to screw up your thief hard, and the scoreboard will make it look like it was the thief that was dragging the team down rather than you.

(edited by ResJudicator.7916)

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

R O C.6574

So in regards to the title, is the thief arrogant or is the hate arrogant. Based on the content of this thread i’d say the latter.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

dat title change doe

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Azukas.1426

They switched to the only comp viable. You were too stubborn to realize that. The fact that every single pro team switched to it including the best teams and players confirms that statement. Was it favorable to abandon a comp for another during a season…maybe not but the alternative solution of staying with a significantly weaker comp was worse.

Also I never said anything about you not being around nor does your busy life sway any feeling of cares in me….we’re all busy fyi. The shot at all the players in NA pro league was uncalled for though.

Have a nice day.

“Only viable comp” – They switched to the easiest comp. Players make the game, not classes. The only exception to that would be warrior, which provides nothing over another class.

Staff Thief kills clones as fast as they’re produced, cleaves downs, and had more than enough survivability in Season 1’s meta. Impact Strike also would have ended fights instead of letting the same person get ressed over 5 times in a single fight. There’s always more than 1 viable comp, despite how efficient that comp may be. You can call me stubborn all you want, I play more than one class and had no issue swapping if I thought it was necessary for a win. The majority of the player base swaps to the easiest class to play because it has the least room for error – but that doesn’t mean it has the largest payback when played optimally. The issue arises when their reluctance towards challenge inhibits their ability to comprehend the game from a strategic standpoint.

Don’t expect people to know better since there’s a large assumption that everyone in Pro League knows what they’re doing.

Narcaris has a good point. Running a thief is difficult because it allows very little room for error — both from the team’s perspective as well as the team’s perspective. One bad rotation from the team can put the thief in a position where he’s not able to contribute well. And one bad movement from the thief is enough to get him downed. We can all accept that as true.

But a thief comp played perfectly may still be better than a meta comp that is also played perfectly. But if both teams make a few mistakes, then the meta comp wins. It makes sense for proleague teams (which are competing for cash) to play the safer comp — especially when you have to deal with uncontrollable issues like lag, random DCs, and A.net bugs (immob, sliding downstate, etc.).

It’s probably the same reason why players in Ranked complain about thieves. When you have a thief on your team, you need to play smarter so that your thief has the opportunity to shine. Doing stupid stuff like leaving a teamfight on a slow class to decap is going to screw up your thief hard, and the scoreboard will make it look like it was the thief that was dragging the team down rather than you.

Here’s the issue with that thinking. The Abjured who were light years ahead of their team had the WTS MVP swap off thief. If any team could play perfectly with a thief it was them….and they switched.

While Im on the side of all thieves (being a mesmer main I just feel a thief in a match creates more excitement which is good for the game) i have to be a realist about the current state of things.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

R O C.6574

Staff thief homie

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

R O C.6574

Shadow blocked me in game…

Bummer

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Shadow.1345

Bummer

Did I? You must have annoyed me at some point in the past. Did you want to crybaby to me IG too or have some itching desire to prove you’re good or something? I know there are good thieves I have played with and against them. I’ll wait until you repsond to this and then tomorrow I will delete this thread because your little kitten feelings are hurt.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

R O C.6574

Bummer

Did I? You must have annoyed me at some point in the past. Did you want to crybaby to me IG too or have some itching desire to prove you’re good or something? I know there are good thieves I have played with and against them. I’ll wait until you repsond to this and then tomorrow I will delete this thread because your little kitten feelings are hurt.

No you got it wrong. I wanted to see if you were any good lol.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

The thing is thiefs are not easy to play if you want realy be useful.
A good thief on the right map is great. (Please don´t use thief on foefire …).
Last match i had one that wrote in the chat i go far and anoy them. I did´t rant i just told him OK but don´t die …. He only died once the match and did a good job moving around on their side in niffel (far, creature, mid) and we won it.
It realy depends on the player. He has to be able to move fast and know where he goes. And he has to disengage. I always lough about the thief trying to kill me like running against a wall till dead. But i hoour the thief that realizes no way an moves on decaping or +1 elswere. A thief should have a second class (like scrapper) in his sleves and swap depending on map or enemy team. Such a thief is valuable. Bad or average thiefs that insist playing it on foefire or don´t care for their team bring the bad press to the class.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Thief is not this easy https://youtu.be/z0JWZ8t08TY

So much esports in this vid!

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Have a nice day.

Here’s the issue with that thinking. The Abjured who were light years ahead of their team had the WTS MVP swap off thief. If any team could play perfectly with a thief it was them….and they switched.

While Im on the side of all thieves (being a mesmer main I just feel a thief in a match creates more excitement which is good for the game) i have to be a realist about the current state of things.

It’s hard to discuss this in particular without having an opinion from Toker himself.
From what you can hear during Chaithh’s or Phantaram’s stream, Toker is just enjoying Rev a lot, and maybe he just doesn’t want to put in the extra work given he’s enjoying what he’s playing just as much.

Whereas i’m sure Caed wanted to make Thief work more than he was enjoying other classes.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Bad or average thiefs that insist playing it on foefire or don´t care for their team bring the bad press to the class.

Please explain why thief on foefire is bad?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

Maybe its still useful but on foefire mobility is not so impactful and being squishy also bad. You want to win mid with the strongest team composition possible. I had a great thief on foefire in the past too but this is rare. 9 out of 10 thiefs on foefire lost the match …. At leat this is my experience.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Maybe its still useful but on foefire mobility is not so impactful and being squishy also bad. You want to win mid with the strongest team composition possible. I had a great thief on foefire in the past too but this is rare. 9 out of 10 thiefs on foefire lost the match …. At leat this is my experience.

Why do you think that foefire requires you to win all your mid teamfights? Watch the video – we lost the mid-fight within about 15 seconds of that fight and the enemy team capped mid within the first minute of the game. We still won the game 500-239 because we had the mobility to contest the far node in a 2v1, which eventually forced a 2v3 on far (since we downed someone) and could then be left (with thief mobility) to easily wipe mid. We even allowed the enemy to cap mid again between 11:16-8:46, but we just abused thief mobility to easily trade caps around the map.

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

I made the experience that in 9 of 10 battles on foefire, the side that dominated mid whiping the enemy there wins. Of course they move after breaking the oposition. A revenant should be available here.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

All that means is that 9/10 of your games had teams who didn’t understand basic rotation, this says nothing about thief being useful.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The more I play other professions, the more I realize just how uphill of a battle playing a thief is.

To clarify: I don’t just mean that it’s harder to play a thief due to mechanics, meta, etc., but it’s also just really draining because your teammates notice your mistakes more easily than anyone else and have much higher expectations for your results.

Was the other team guarding their home closely? Your team will blame you for not decapping enough, even if you forced someone on their team to constantly sit or run back to home while you gave your team the +1 advantage on fights elsewhere.

Did you miss a beast kill due to a split second tick of an enemy’s attack that registered before your HS+Steal or did that tick just land between the HS and Steal damage, getting credit for the killing blow? You’ll be blamed for that.

Did you miscalculate your health for a split second and get burst?

Meanwhile, if you play one of the tanky meta builds, you’ll rarely if ever be blamed for a loss as long as you’re generally with the zerg ball on mid and aren’t too blind when it comes to stomps/revives. Even if you’re just facerolling your skills during fights, no one will notice.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

Agree. I play ele main and i am only blamed for not rezzing. Usually when i decided to stomp for a rally and it did´t work as intendend … I play thief secondary, but i am far from competative with it. Maybe i should play it on foefire in unranked to see what happens … and get blamed XD.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Shadow.1345

Bummer

No you got it wrong. I wanted to see if you were any good lol.

I’m not, I’ve already said that I’m a kittenty Diamond scrub.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Bad or average thiefs that insist playing it on foefire or don´t care for their team bring the bad press to the class.

foefire has very little cover and a ranged class standing on ledge can guard 2 nodes at once and can see a thief coming from a mile away.

and since the rush distance between spawn and the nodes are so far away, it gives just about every class defending home enough time to respond to a thief before the thief can decap.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

foefire has very little cover and a ranged class standing on ledge can guard 2 nodes at once and can see a thief coming from a mile away.

and since the rush distance between spawn and the nodes are so far away, it gives just about every class defending home enough time to respond to a thief before the thief can decap.

And what ranged classes are currently meta? The current meta ranged classes are all more effective when they don’t camp at max range for the whole fight (mesmer, dh). In this case, you either wait for then to jump down or let them to stand there and be less effective while your team is operating at full effectiveness.

Ranged classes that are fully effective at max range aren’t common because they have to constantly work around the reflect/projectile hate spam.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I seriously hate thieves and I mained one when I started playing. It’s still listed as my favorite class on the pvp panel but most of the thief players annoy the hell out of me. Pretty much everyone knows thieves and warriors are pretty much trash tier. Sure there are a few good thief players that can play the class well but overall the class is just outdone by Revenant. The difference between warrior players and thief players is that the warrior players know their class is trash. Thieves on the other hand act like you insulted their family honor for daring to ask them to change when you have more than one or if you say their class is trash they start going on about how you have no idea of what you are talking about and the class is so OP. Then they go on to die over and over again, meanwhile blaming the team for their deaths. Seriously, learn to play another class or stop being so kitten ed stubborn about the class being trash in most player’s hands. /endrant

I hate getting thieves and warriors on my team, thief may not be tier 1, but a really good thief can be a great asset. I had a thief help me go on a 8 win streak and got me my legendary wings which was awesome. That being said, here are the bad things about thief and they’re pretty apparent

-They can’t 1v1 very well, even against a warrior they surprisingly struggle, playing them as the +1er is almost a must

-For every good thief, there are 10 bad ones. A good thief knows the limitations of the class, but were over saturated with a bunch of yolo thieves who think they can carry teams when they’re outclassed instead of just playing their strengths.

This is why thieves annoy me, it’s not an easy class to play right, especially not right now, your chances of getting a good one are usually pretty slim.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

I seriously hate thieves and I mained one when I started playing. It’s still listed as my favorite class on the pvp panel but most of the thief players annoy the hell out of me. Pretty much everyone knows thieves and warriors are pretty much trash tier. Sure there are a few good thief players that can play the class well but overall the class is just outdone by Revenant. The difference between warrior players and thief players is that the warrior players know their class is trash. Thieves on the other hand act like you insulted their family honor for daring to ask them to change when you have more than one or if you say their class is trash they start going on about how you have no idea of what you are talking about and the class is so OP. Then they go on to die over and over again, meanwhile blaming the team for their deaths. Seriously, learn to play another class or stop being so kitten ed stubborn about the class being trash in most player’s hands. /endrant

I hate getting thieves and warriors on my team, thief may not be tier 1, but a really good thief can be a great asset. I had a thief help me go on a 8 win streak and got me my legendary wings which was awesome. That being said, here are the bad things about thief and they’re pretty apparent

-They can’t 1v1 very well, even against a warrior they surprisingly struggle, playing them as the +1er is almost a must

-For every good thief, there are 10 bad ones. A good thief knows the limitations of the class, but were over saturated with a bunch of yolo thieves who think they can carry teams when they’re outclassed instead of just playing their strengths.

This is why thieves annoy me, it’s not an easy class to play right, especially not right now, your chances of getting a good one are usually pretty slim.

+1 to this

Thieves can be effective, but most thieves in ranked are not due to its unforgiving nature.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

R O C.6574

Playing ranked is fun. Playing thief is fun. What’s it to you if I want to do both? I’m not pro-league so it’s not like there’s money at stake. I’ll have 3 or 4 matches where my team is like, "gj thief, you’re awesome." Then i’ll have a bad match where someone on the other team has my number and now some idiot on my team is like "thief sucks, play a real class" even though I have one of the highest personal scores.

Which brings up another point. Why does everybody dismiss personal score? If I have 15 kills and we lose, obviously that score is not an indicator of good pvp skill because those kills were likely off point, but if my personal score is coming from caps, assaulter, neutralize (decap), defenfer, and a few kills here and there, I think that is a pretty good indicator of skilled play. The total score in itself will not necessarily show who carried the match, but the point breakdown will.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

Shadow.1345

+1 to this

Thieves can be effective, but most thieves in ranked are not due to its unforgiving nature.

Exactly this. I will revoke my statement that the class itself is trash tier but when played badly it is trash tier. The problem is the trash ones refuse to take advice or change to something better suited to their playstyle. So many of them want to be 1v1ers or stick around in team fights for too long, eventually rallying downed enemies. Which if they want to be “assassins” or fight in team fights, that is fine, just pick a class better suited for that role.

Arrogant Thief Hate

in PvP

R O C.6574

I’ve seen necros, eles, engis, ranger end up with 0 personal score. I know you for some reason completely dismiss personal score, but if you get 0 points in a match, it’s hard to argue that you’re not trash tier.

You say bad players can contribute on other classes, I say BS.

(edited by R O C.6574)