Assassin's Amulet inconsistency

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

There’s something off about this amulet right here though it’s probably going to be trivial to most people anyways.

Berserk Amulet has:
932 Power
650 Precision
331 Vitality
451 Ferocity

Now pay attention to 331 vitality and 451 Ferocity. I suppose ANET is implying that 451 ferocity should equal to 331 primary stat that isn’t ferocity. in order to make Berserker (Or even Valkyrie) amulet consistent with the other amulets.

Most other amulets are 932 650 650 which total 2232 stat points in total with the exception of Berserker/Valkyrie Amulets which totals 2364 which ANET’s system implies is consistent with other amulets that way. I suppose the system determines half of the 650 as 331. If this is the case, then 451 ferocity is equal to 331 which is half of a 650. Therefore Berserker Amulet and Valkyrie Amulet are consistent with other amulets and also equates to 932 650 650 (451 ferocity (331) + 331) = 2232.

Now let’s look at Assassin’s Amulet:

650 power
932 precision
650 ferocity

Now you might say, there isn’t anything wrong here. Assassin Amulet stats are all equal to 2232. But the 650 ferocity from Assassin’s Amulet isn’t really 650 as implied by the other amulets in comparison. It’s stats are actually 932 + 650 + 451 = 2033.

Where did I get the 650 ferocity equating to 451? The system implying 451 ferocity equating to the 331 half of the 650 in the 932 650 650 = 2232 somewhat says so. Through the Berserker Amulet and in comparison to other amulets that isn’t celestial, the system is implying that 1 typical stat = around 1.36 ferocity in sPvP. So because 451 ferocity is apparently 331 typical stat that is half of the 650 which is required to fulfill the 2232, then 650 ferocity is really only around 451 because 650/1.36 or so.

So in order to be consistent with other amulets, Assassin’s Amulet may need a ferocity of 932 so that it’s stats will truly equate to 932 + 650 + 650 (932) = 2232 much like how the Berserker Amulet has 2364 stats total because of the ferocity tweak.

TL;DR It feels like there’s no point in using Assassin’s Amulet over Berserker Amulet because Assassin’s deals less damage for no vitality. I think the ferocity needs to be buffed to be consistent with other amulets.

(edited by Amir.1570)

in PvP

Amir.1570

This is probably the most math- and logic-troubled post I’ve ever read on this forum.

Yeah I was just that bored. I honestly think Assassin’s needs some love though. It just doesn’t feel like it’s consistent with other amulets even though it’s total stats are 2232.

Frankly speaking, even though it has better precision/crit rate, I don’t think it’s better than Berserker either.

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

The thing with assassin amulet is that you trade the health from berserker for the additional dmg. The meta that we currently have with the bunker, bruiser, cough* crapp cough* sustain over time hybrid dmg just is the total counter to this amulet.
Wait until we have a full zerker dps meta, maybe it will play out then.
But as we know the patch scedual you can wait half a year or longer for this to happen

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Amir.1570

The thing with assassin amulet is that you trade the health from berserker for the additional dmg. The meta that we currently have with the bunker, bruiser, cough* crapp cough* sustain over time hybrid dmg just is the total counter to this amulet.
But as we know the patch scedual you can wait half a year or longer for this to happen

You trade health but Berserker Still does more damage. If you test it out you’ll understand what I’m saying.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

This is probably the most math- and logic-troubled post I’ve ever read on this forum.

Yeah I was just that bored. I honestly think Assassin’s needs some love though. It just doesn’t feel like it’s consistent with other amulets even though it’s total stats are 2232.

Frankly speaking, even though it has better precision/crit rate, I don’t think it’s better than Berserker either.

That’s because precision and ferocity are mathematically crap traits that scale better with power than each other. Depending on your point of view, they even “scale” better with vitality and toughness than they do in combination with one another.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Amir.1570

That’s because precision and ferocity are mathematically crap traits that scale better with power than each other. Depending on your point of view, they even “scale” better with vitality and toughness than they do in combination with one another.

Well technically you need all three. But even though Assassin’s has all three it’s still dealing so much less damage than Berserker and Berserker has more survivability. Kinda sucks :x

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Some builds I think assasins wins on dps

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

You trade health but Berserker Still does more damage. If you test it out you’ll understand what I’m saying.

This is wrong.

Assassin’s has more damage on it on some builds. Test it out on the HotM dummies with different classes and builds.

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Mathematically, zerker deals more dmg over time with an added bonus of health. I think thief is the only profession that would probably have a case to use it in some niche cases.

A buff is probably needed.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Amir.1570

This is wrong.

Assassin’s has more damage on it on some builds. Test it out on the HotM dummies with different classes and builds.

Give me an example of a build that were talking about because you may be on to something. In a good way.

Even then, I have a hard time believing this because I think power also affects air and lightning sigil. I do agree that you proc sigils more frequently with Assassin’s, it’s just that if it procs on Zerk it’s generally much more burst because of the power stat.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Mathematically, zerker deals more dmg over time with an added bonus of health. I think thief is the only profession that would probably have a case to use it in some niche cases.

A buff is probably needed.

Zerker doesn’t mathematically deal more damage over time on some builds. For instance I know that power rangers using Assassin’s over Zerk with Rune of the Ranger is more DPS than a combo of Zerk amulets with other Runes.

I tested various stuff out one night when a friend and I were discussing power rangers.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

You are critting so much more

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Supcutie.2538

Supcutie.2538

Yo I did this comparison in my guide:
Assassin’s Amulet vs. Berserker – Here are the results with Hoelbrak Runes
(power runes like strength):
- Sin does 9.4% more damage on average with 0 might.
- Sin does 11.2% more damage on average with 14 might.
- Sin does 10.67% more damage than Zerker at 14 might when both have Fury. (Zerker
amulet scales better with Fury)
- You are losing 16.67% health with Sin amulet

The bottom line is: You gain 14% more crit on openers leading to more consistent crits, and higher damage with might, resulting in about 10% +/- 3.5ish percent more damage for 3k health.
So some quick math about using Sin – You’re basically doing around 1100 more damage per big shatter for example. This damage could make the difference, but I would argue that in most cases, the health is better. If you have 3 or more dps on your team, you should definitely take Zerker amulet. If you have 2 or less, I would say you can consider Sin amulet but even then personally I like the health more.

My Guide: http://bit.ly/SupcutieGuide (Easy link)
Mega link: http://bit.ly/mesmerguide

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

- Sin does 10.67% more damage than Zerker at 14 might when both have Fury. (Zerker

The bottom line is: You gain 14% more crit on openers leading to more consistent crits, and higher damage with might, resulting in about 10% +/- 3.5ish percent more damage for 3k health.
So some quick math about using Sin – You’re basically doing around 1100 more damage per big shatter for example. This damage could make the difference, but I would argue that in most cases, the health is better. If you have 3 or more dps on your team, you should definitely take Zerker amulet. If you have 2 or less, I would say you can consider Sin amulet but even then personally I like the health more.

Wow. Trading power for precision 1 for 1 results in that much damage gain? What the hell

edit: yeah forgot Berserker had 451 Ferocity instead of 650

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Supcutie.2538

It’s power for precision and ferocity.

in PvP

Amir.1570

Right, you do crit more. But what if you don’t crit in some of your shatters? Cause I know Shatter is a 4 hit skill at maximum clone. Did you ever consider those instances?

I do agree that the extra vit is just too much icing on the cake though when compaing these amulets.

in PvP

Supcutie.2538

It’s statistics and percentages, it’s all included.

in PvP

Amir.1570

It’s statistics and percentages, it’s all included.

Sad part about this is that it could be subjective because it is RNG, at least the damage increase that you are talking about. Because some people won’t even crit all four hits of shatter with Assassin’s and some people will crit all four hits of shatter all the time with Berserker.

I still believe Berserker is just so much more reliable because it actually meets the 2232 total stat for a typical amulet. Assassin’s only advantage right now is for that.. you crit more often and in turn proc your sigils more reliably, for less health and less damage if you are unlucky.

P.S Does anyone know if crit rate in this game is PRD? Pseudo-random distribution I mean. Because if it is, then this changes some or a lot of things.

in PvP

Supcutie.2538

It’s averaged out mang. That’s why I said the part about you have 14% more crit on openers, in addition to the increase in damage. It’s the same thing, it’s statistics, sometimes you will crit sometimes you won’t. Those percentages are average damage increases.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

P.S Does anyone know if crit rate in this game is PRD? Pseudo-random distribution I mean. Because if it is, then this changes some or a lot of things.

I assume you mean does it follow some sort of decay? Such as crit chance for your next attack increasing slightly if your prior attack did not crit, and decreasing slightly if your prior attack did? I know League of Legends implemented this a couple years ago (there was more RNG procs then that all followed the same method, but I believe crits are the only RNG procs now in the game), but Guild Wars 2 does not have it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Amir.1570

It would be great if a Red could reply to this thread about PRD and if the system truly implies that 451 ferocity to be equal to 331.

in PvP

Posted by: Smirgel.9460

Smirgel.9460

Supcutie, I would like to know some more details on this.
- did you notice the fact that sigil procs deal less dmg on sin amulet? Force better on Sin?
- did you include the extra bleed stacks you get from critting clones on sin amulet?
- does sin amulet scale better with damage multiplier traits like mental torment, compounding power & rune +dmg % bonuses?

in PvP

Supcutie.2538

Hey Smirgel
I did not factor in any of those things sorry. Those are good ideas I can add in to my next guide update.
I think the extra bleeds stacks might come out to like 2 or something.
I haven’t tested the damage multiplier traits either. Personally even if it did work better with mental torment that still wouldn’t be enough for me to take either.