BROKEN DISHONOR x2

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: LeetMagiKarp.3751

LeetMagiKarp.3751

This is the second time ive had to post for this exact same reason. i was in a guild group today, queuing team arenas and winning. the entirety of anet was having connectivity issues on account of anet servers…. multiples dcs every game from everyone. seriously, no one was safe from the anet lag. my last dc i could not even enter back into the client. when i finally logged back on, i had received 1day and 4 hours of dishonor. does anyone see a problem here? why am i being punished for anets inability….twice?! guh.

(edited by LeetMagiKarp.3751)

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

You’re not the only one suffering from the unstable server they got there…

Earlier today I left a game because I had to go, which was my fault alright. But then I joined two solo queue matches about a hour ago, one dc’ed me near the end of the game, another dc’ed me around the start of the game.

Then when I finally logged back on again, I got a 2 days 19 hours long debuff, just great…

I submitted a ticket, hopefully they will remove it or at least shorten it to 1/3 of the duration (as I was partly at fault).

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

why are you even playing when you are dcing!?

on the another note good luck with support, might take them 3 days just to get to your ticket. Unless you get lucky.

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

LeetMagiKarp.3751

was everyone on the server just expected to stop playing? or else?

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

The first time I dc’ed, it took about 10 mins before I’m able to log in again. And after checking the reddit posts as well as from my guild members (some of them didn’t even experience dc), it seems the game was good again.

I didn’t think it would go back to being unstable so soon again…

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

LeetMagiKarp.3751

yea ive submitted 2 tickets and made 2 posts about this. they dont seem interested in resolving this problem

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

Yup! Happened to me tonight as well. First time I’ve gotten this “debuff”. Submitted a ticket, but not sure it’ll do anything. Huge disappointment tonight.

PvP only
Team GASM

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

LeetMagiKarp.3751

and its embarrassing to have it, especially being undeserved. “dishonored” >: l

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

So what happened the other two times?

Frankly, suck it up and deal with the 1 day dishonor. You ruin the match for 9 other people even when you dc.

Ranger | Elementalist

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Wispy.8679

Wispy.8679

Frankly, suck it up and deal with the 1 day dishonor. You ruin the match for 9 other people even when you dc.

I’m guessing you weren’t online earlier when the server wide crashes were happening, that or you didn’t really read his post. It wasn’t occurring to just these people and there wasn’t 9 other people even online in the match for the game to be ruined.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/MASSIVE-Server-Crash
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Server-crashed-again-again
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Server-wide-Disconnect-While-in-tPvP etc etc

The dc’s don’t account entirely for the dishonour buff, two dcs mid match won’t trigger it, so they would have had to have left games before, but still I don’t like seeing people getting locked out when they didn’t fully deserve it.

[VoTF] – votf-online.net/

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It takes 3 times afking (afk logout = instant 1 stack of dishonorable) or not being present at the end of the game within 72 hours to get dishonorable.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

I hate when people say this. It does not fix the issue of the disconnects. I had it happen to me a few weeks ago. I was dcing on and off…only from Gw2. Then bam 1.5 days of dishonor after 1 year of never leaving a match? That is absurd.

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Kryshade.6075

Kryshade.6075

The problem is how they are attempting to fix the issue. Dishonor is good in theory. The less people that rage quit matches the better. Understandably disconnects will happen which is why they don’t just ban you for your first offense.

I experienced the lag last night as well. As soon as I realized it was making the game unplayable (and it wasn’t on my end) then I logged out to go play something else.

The problem is that AFK’ers will always happen. It’s nothing to just AFK for a match (you have to AFK for like 5 minutes before you get DC’d) so from my understanding, if you move at all you won’t get the AFK disconnect. Also I’ve seen lots of people just find a wall and auto run into it the entire match to avoid the penalty.

I’m all for punishing people for rage quitting and ruining a game for 9 other people. I’m ok with the occasional DC costing you dishonor as well otherwise people would abuse this.

The solution is supremely easy and I don’t know why Anet won’t implement it. A Ready button at the start of a match before it pulls everyone into the tourny. Anything less than 10 readies and it finds a new player. Use this while maintaining the current dishonor system and most of the problems will be fixed. Then it’s just figuring out how to solve the AFK player auto-running into a wall issue.

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Zorgog.3908

Hallarious. All I do is PvP. I don’t WvW, I hardly ever go out of the Mists besides to LA occasionally. Why would I intentionally ruin the only part of the game I enjoy? Gotta put your thinking cap on before you post next time.

PvP only
Team GASM

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

The dishonor system is good. The server trouble is the enemy here.

We’ve already got enough people afk-ing/4v5s, we don’t need to lighten up the dishonor system. Sure, we could use a ready button on top of the dishonor system, and hopefully Anet makes exceptions for the people in this thread that reached 3 dishonor stacks because of server problems.

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I’m guessing you weren’t online earlier when the server wide crashes were happening, that or you didn’t really read his post. It wasn’t occurring to just these people and there wasn’t 9 other people even online in the match for the game to be ruined.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/MASSIVE-Server-Crash
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Server-crashed-again-again
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Server-wide-Disconnect-While-in-tPvP etc etc

The dc’s don’t account entirely for the dishonour buff, two dcs mid match won’t trigger it, so they would have had to have left games before, but still I don’t like seeing people getting locked out when they didn’t fully deserve it.

Actually I was online and in pvp. My connection was unstable so I was in hotjoin instead of tourneys. When I DCed I didn’t pvp until the game became stable again. Even if I was in tpvp, the DC is ONE dishonor stack. You need THREE to get the debuff and based upon the duration you gave us, one or two of those stacks didn’t happen yesterday.

If all those stacks were DCs your connection is still not stable enough to be playing tpvp. In the eyes of everyone else, DC, quitting, bathroom, all are the same.

Ranger | Elementalist

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

LeetMagiKarp.3751

BUMP. i would like to see a system of dishonor similar to what was implemented in gw1. even when unjustly given dishonor, it didnt last a day and a half. but at the same time, it deterred leavers.

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Dempa.6391

Dempa.6391

D/C’d multiple times last night and now I’m stuck with 2 day debuff. GG

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Zorgog.3908

Still no response (other than the automated one) for my ticket that was submited.

PvP only
Team GASM

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Cold Coffee.9564

Cold Coffee.9564

lol wow debuff op

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

I also got dishonored for disconnecting during a game with my full team.

Dont know what Arenanet is thinking but this just does not work…

Wrote a ticket but they said they cannot remove the debuff. So incompetente…

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: kenny.3627

kenny.3627

This is the second time ive had to post for this exact same reason. i was in a guild group today, queuing team arenas and winning. the entirety of anet was having connectivity issues on account of anet servers…. multiples dcs every game from everyone. seriously, no one was safe from the anet lag. my last dc i could not even enter back into the client. when i finally logged back on, i had received 1day and 4 hours of dishonor. does anyone see a problem here? why am i being punished for anets inability….twice?! guh.

Anet doesn’t care, they are just trying to remove spvp/tpvp from gw2. Slowly but surely x.x

Lvl I-R80
eSports-2015
Main-Bunker Guard

BROKEN DISHONOR x2

in PvP

Posted by: kenny.3627

kenny.3627

BUMP. i would like to see a system of dishonor similar to what was implemented in gw1. even when unjustly given dishonor, it didnt last a day and a half. but at the same time, it deterred leavers.

^^^^^ ez fix

Lvl I-R80
eSports-2015
Main-Bunker Guard