Bags of Alliance Goods now in PvP!

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Starting today, we have added Bags of Alliance Supplies as a reward for winning PvP matches. Solo Arena winners will get 20 bags, and Team Arena winners will get 40 bags.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

As a near-fulltime pvper I must ask..

What’s an Alliance Supply Bag do?

(Also, with 300 glory boosters to fly through by mid-March, its reaallyy hard to pull out of PvP to do this Living Story stuff. Dat timing. =[ )

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The Alliance Supply Bags have a bunch of (potentially) nice rewards, including a mini and items needed for the new back-piece.
The most important thing to note is most likely the Quaggan Tonics though.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_of_Alliance_Supplies

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

sorry allie but what does a pvp player need them for?

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

The bags are full of loot from the newest Living World release, so you wouldn’t have to break off to play the content if you don’t want to.

in PvP

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Contains:

Consumables Powerful Potion of Slaying Scarlet’s Armies
Refugee Child’s Drawing
Small Guild Discovery
Armor Booster
Killstreak Experience Booster
Magic Find Booster
Speed Booster
Captain’s Airship Pass
Equipment 1 random Masterwork rarity item
1 random Rare rarity item
1 random Exotic rarity item (including precursors)
Materials Silk Scrap
Linen Scrap
Cotton Scrap
Wool Scrap
Pile of Bloodstone Dust
Empyreal Fragment
Dragonite Ore
Miniatures Mini Captain Magnus
Tonics Black Quaggan Tonic
Blue Quaggan Tonic
Green Quaggan Tonic
Pink Quaggan Tonic
Endless Black Quaggan Tonic
Endless Blue Quaggan Tonic
Endless Green Quaggan Tonic
Endless Pink Quaggan Tonic
Endless Mystery Quaggan Tonic
Trophies Blade Shard (1 or 25)
Found Belonging
Spinal Blades Blueprint Scrap (1/4)
Spinal Blades Blueprint Scrap (2/4)
Spinal Blades Blueprint Scrap (3/4)
Spinal Blades Blueprint Scrap (4/4)
Spinal Blade Pack Blueprint

So to answer you, a bunch of stuff you want to delete, and some stuff you might be able to sell on the AH, and really that is about it. Enjoy what PVE has enjoyed which is a bunch of junk items in your inventory you don’t really care about that are selling for so little on the AH, you question if it is worth the clicks to sell it.

But! You could get a precurser…. Not that it works for PvP though.

in PvP

Posted by: Amplifier.1704

Amplifier.1704

Wow this is exactly what the hardcore PvPers want!1!11oneoen! How did you guess? SERIOUSLY WHAT THE …. I’m speechless…

in PvP

lordkrall.7241

You are aware that PvP:ers were quite annoyed and complained about being unable to get Living Story stuff before they added them as rewards for wins, right?

We had more or less a thread per week about how they were “forced” to play PvE in order to get access to certain rewards.

Now we don’t need to do PvE in order to get said stuff, and if you don’t want them simply throw away the bags. Not really much of an issue.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Nice, thanks Allie.

Bag allowance seems pretty generous o.o 40 per team win

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

its bonus – so relax^^

in PvP

Posted by: Amplifier.1704

Amplifier.1704

its bonus – so relax^^

Not a bonus for me. You get 40 of them per match, it fills up your inventory and fills it up even more if you open them. I seriously cba to open them, I’m just gonna destroy all of them when my inventory is getting too full.

in PvP

Romek.4201

its bonus – so relax^^

Not a bonus for me. You get 40 of them per match, it fills up your inventory and fills it up even more if you open them. I seriously cba to open them, I’m just gonna destroy all of them when my inventory is getting too full.

ye but you can sell the clothes for good gold in tradepost

even this quaggan potions cost some money (the permas)

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

Now I can become a mystery Quaggan

in PvP

Posted by: Kamsin.8541

Kamsin.8541

ty

“Message Body length must at least be 15.”

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Could you guys make them buyable with glory…. ? Pretty pls?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Thanks, Allie. Always nice to find something other than the usual rank/glory and reward boxes.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

This is nice, i might reinstall just to get some of these so i can get that back piece since i dont pve. How long will these be around?

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This is awesome! More free rewards for playing a game I enjoy!

I can’t believe that people are told “we’re giving you more stuff for the pvp you do” and people complain. Even if you just sell everything you can and get a few silver, its still better than nothing!

in PvP

Romek.4201

and @Arenanet

plz stop this stupid trend to give double rewards in teamQ

teamQ sux hard and is no fun and to force your players to play this is bullkitten

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

A way to make more money is always welcome by me. =]

in PvP

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Love it!
Thanks Allie & Anet

I look forward to when we get to hear about the new PvP Rewards coming

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Can you make the bags tradeable? Account bound is annoying.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Joonks.7501

Joonks.7501

its bonus – so relax^^

Is this real? Do people really think this way?

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO JUST WAT WE NEEDED keep up the good work anet!!11

in PvP

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

Pvp roadmap to Pve

they just give feed us with promises till we quit or go to pve

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wow this is exactly what the hardcore PvPers want!1!11oneoen! How did you guess? SERIOUSLY WHAT THE …. I’m speechless…

Seriously some people will complain about anything. You get something IN ADDITION to what you were previously getting and you complain? Stop whining.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

got 240 on guardian already…unopened, i just put those near the 600+ unopened chests…along with the others spread through other chars..

PvP is so rewarding…

Meanwhile sh and sw still in soloq, decappers and wars still bringing panic into tpvp, ppl porting into walls and random lags all over the mists…

..but hey…we have bags with random pve stuff inside..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Thank you so much for this Allie! Now if only I could have had them yesterday during my 12-win TeamQ streak ;-;

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

So why does solo queue get half the rewards again? Why do you keep giving double the rewards to the people who team join and farm solo joiners?

in PvP

lordkrall.7241

So why does solo queue get half the rewards again? Why do you keep giving double the rewards to the people who team join and farm solo joiners?

You are aware that Team-queue and Solo-queue does not fight each other, right?
When you go for Solo-queue, you fight other from the solo-queue.

As for why they get the double reward that is most likely due to the fact that it is more organized and thus most likely more challenging.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

This is great!
Thank you for listening to our feedback, the last couple of patches were very kind to the pvp regulars

Can you please add them to hotjoin aswell? something like 1 bag for losing and 2-3 bags for winning.

And again- Thanks!

Griften

in PvP

Archaon.6245

As for why they get the double reward that is most likely due to the fact that it is more organized and thus most likely more challenging.

Mainly because soloq takes less time than arranging a decent team for teamq, you can just keep joining forever..no need to setup or to find ppl, and yeah because it’s easier..obviously…(Skyhammer, engis, wars, cheesewatch…that sort of stuff we all know..)

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

DanSH.6143

By solo joiners he meant people who join alone to a team match queue. There are still random teams in there, which is fine.
And yeah I agree; teaming up, using more complex tactics, fighting at a higher skill cap, all those be enough to make team-queue more rewarding.

Griften

in PvP

DanSH.6143

got 240 on guardian already…unopened, i just put those near the 600+ unopened chests…along with the others spread through other chars..

PvP is so rewarding…

Meanwhile sh and sw still in soloq, decappers and wars still bringing panic into tpvp, ppl porting into walls and random lags all over the mists…

You do know you can get some very valuable items from those bags right? in the near future (a month from now or so) some of these items will be worth dozens of golds and maybe even more than a hundred.
Open a bunch of those bags using a magic booster and enjoy the gold

Griften

in PvP

Posted by: Vapula.8210

Vapula.8210

Thanks for this, I really liked the new backpack but I don’t do anything besides pvp. Maybe now I will be able to get at least part of it.

Jared Kincaid

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

By solo joiners he meant people who join alone to a team match queue. There are still random teams in there, which is fine.
And yeah I agree; teaming up, using more complex tactics, fighting at a higher skill cap, all those be enough to make team-queue more rewarding.

I can’t speak for EU, but for NA, this is complete bull kitten.

I have a higher win rate in team queue. I have a higher leaderboard position in team queue (I was at ~200, but haven’t played it for a bit). This was done while solo queuing in team queue. At this point, team queue is really no different than solo queue. Of course the easy solution is just to embrace it and go with all team queue. That’s what I did. Not withstanding, the reward disparity is completely borked.

(edited by Dosvidaniya.3260)

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Actually thats a step in the right direction and should have been implemented with all updates in the past. Looking forward to whats coming next.

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

since i need several backpieces and I’m not able to endure the boredom zergfarming in la induces me with, this is something like the holy grail for me. thanks.

on the other hand i wonder why adding those ls-rewards parallely with the ls update isn’t standard. though i very much appreciate this (as i did with the bags during wintersday), i would like to have such an implementation as something completely normal and regular instead of being some kind of special reward patched in one or two weeks later.
new ls-stuff coming? just throw some of the new boxes into the pvp reward.

(edited by zaced.7948)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

PvP is so rewarding…

You do know you can get some very valuable items from those bags right? in the near future (a month from now or so) some of these items will be worth dozens of golds and maybe even more than a hundred.
Open a bunch of those bags using a magic booster and enjoy the gold

Magic Booster wont help. Magic find only applies to drops you get from dead enemies. Not from chests or bags.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Darko.5873

Darko.5873

For everybody expecting to get the new shiny backpiece from these bags:

http://dulfy.net/2014/02/18/gw2-spinal-blade-backpiece/

You will still need to do a lot of PvE to get it. A lot.
Unless you want one of the non-shiny versions, then you could get everything you need from bags/TP.

Either way, they are not a skin but an actual item so it can’t be converted to PvP.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidian Lee.1462

Obsidian Lee.1462

Pls make it possible to sell these via Trading Post…. I dont want pve stuff in my pvp Inv. But maybe pve player want it. Thx!

Elementalist and Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

Thanks for getting onto this fairly quickly Allie! & a quick question, will we receive a full two weeks of this dropping seeing as we missed the first week?

IGN: Aussie Archer

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Pls make it possible to sell these via Trading Post…. I dont want pve stuff in my pvp Inv. But maybe pve player want it. Thx!

This…well, i don’t want pve stuff at all xD I don’t go pve.. -.-

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

If I played PVE this news would be awesome. But I don’t. So….

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

1. People complained about the Living story armor being exclusive to pve.
  2. Now we can get it by playing pvp.
  3. People still complain?
New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Not only is it more free gold (you can sell most of what comes out), its also a way to get the Living story backpeice should you want it, and you get a lot of “found belongings” which you can use to buy more tomes of knowledge if you are using pvp to level.

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

If you mean the backpack: crafting 500 is required for the ascended version (which is the best looking) – no pvp only player has crafting leveled, so tell me why there is no reason to complain?

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

If you mean the backpack: crafting 500 is required for the ascended version (which is the best looking) – no pvp only player has crafting leveled, so tell me why there is no reason to complain?

It might shock you , but we can sell the mats from the Bags and use the free silvers from the PvP matches and upgrade the crafting up to 500 !
But dont tell any1 :PPP

in PvP

Romek.4201

Mainly because soloq takes less time than arranging a decent team for teamq, you can just keep joining forever..no need to setup or to find ppl, and yeah because it’s easier..obviously…(Skyhammer, engis, wars, cheesewatch…that sort of stuff we all know..)

than simple question: why i can join than solo in teamQ and get same reward for a win?

No, the higher rewards are not for making a team is harder. The higher rewards are cause teamQ sux and is not fun to play and teamQ would die when not pay the randoms to be canonfodder for the premades.

When remember they made soloQ cause it is not fair to play as a solo player vs Premade – this was the biggest problem at this time in forum and everyone was happy when they finaly said the make a soloQ.

And it showed how many people care for teamQ – teams had to wait ages to can play and in NA after MMR reset they could not even fill the top 1000

How i said, the only reason why teamQ get double rewards is cause they would have no players – and this is the wrong way

they should make teamQ fair and fun than maby players wanna play it

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

What’s the point of these bags?

I just spent 20g on mats only to find out that I can’t get the final back piece item because I haven’t farmed PvE like the rest of ANet’s favorite lemmings.

Why the kitten are you giving us meaningless stuff we can’t use?

I want my 20g worth of mats back.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long