Balance Cele DD Ele Please

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Patrik.3642

Dr Patrik.3642

As for the state of celestial DD elementalist, I’m sure no one will doubt it is extremely over powered. As DD elementalist has been my main for the past 2 years, I want only the best for the class and to see it be balanced. I think the problem is not so much elementalist itself but the synergy it has with the celestial amulet. I currently play marauder DD elementalist as I don’t like being carried by celestial. If you have ever tried marauder DD elementalist you will know it is a lot weaker than the celestial version and it is very unforgiving. Therefor, if it is the elementalist that is nerfed again, it will only further the use of celestial amulet on elementalist because the other amulets will be even worse than they currently are on elementalist. The celestial amulet has 700 more stats on it than any other amulet with 4 different stat groups and 920 more stats than a 3 stat group amulets. The celestial amulet allows elementalist, which has a wide range of skills that heal, do damage, apply condis, and more to take advantage of all these stats to the point of being very strong in all aspects making the build over powered. I think elementalist should be balanced to reduce the effectiveness of a bunch of spread out stats with celestial, while still keeping it viable to take a lot of only a few stats like on every other amulet in PvP.

As for the skills on DD elementalist, drakes breath and ring of fire I feel are very strong in both condi and power and should be toned downed. Ring of fire applies way to much burning and drakes breath is just to strong in both power and condi. As for the might stacking I think DD elementalist has to many blast finisher making it very easy to get 25 might. To fix this I would remove the blast finisher on evasive arcana in earth. This would reduce the might and possibly incentivize using a different grandmaster trait as evasive arcana is the strongest trait elementalist has ever had.

I would love to hear others opinions on how to balance elementalist but please only constructive feedback and not just hate for the class/build.

in PvP

Posted by: Berzal.7294

Berzal.7294

Its not about ele,its about celestial.Just remove this from game>it will resolve many problems.1 year ago cele warriors was OP,now eles.Cele Revenant is more op then others.

in PvP

Posted by: Berzal.7294

Berzal.7294

Also this is 1 time for 3 years ,when ele a little bit overpowered.Thiefs,warriors was op several time ,but eles only 1 and all people start crying about this.Let us play a little bit.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Boon hate.

Message Body length must at least be 15.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

kinda of funny tho, back when celestial was introduced, a few of us were like “this could be amazing for ele”… we were for the most part shot down, being told that not min/maxing stats is noob… lol (sry, just wanted to put in an “i told you so”)

But yes, cele synergizes very well with ele, the only thing I could think of to nerf it without killing it is perhaps reducing the stats a bit, cant think of anything else that wouldn’t be too much of a nerf, that would affect every other class.

But then again, I run into op classes of all sorts that I could consider op.

My only question is, is D/D really that powerful? or is it that some people who are particularly good at it make it seem powerful?
I’ve run ele since start, so I don’t know how difficult it is coming from another class, it practically feels second nature to me.

Have people who main’d other classes, switched over to ele, and had an easy time learning and playing it? or is it practically a faceroll for people?

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Its coming and its confirmed. Stop whining.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Its coming and its confirmed. Stop whining.

Yep..revenant coming.
Be prepared opness everywhere.
You will regret the cele ele.
Look at xerex stream. Rev is a kind of meselethief jungernaut.
-Unkillable (I am more impressed by its survivability than the ele but maybe it is because we don’t know how to play against)
-Doing massive aoe damage even at range (much more than mes with GS)
-Jumping every where to gap close (I feel that with target it can be quicker than thief to reach another point)
(all of these in a single build of course)

This is out of control lol.
5 rev team coming. (if they remove the supid rule on prof stacking at ESL)

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

Yep..revenant coming.

you have no idea what you’re talking about

in PvP

Posted by: Arlowslol.1974

Arlowslol.1974

ele is NOT overpower,buff ele pls !! why i cant kill all that kittening guys withoit hands and eyes ! daddy buff me one more time!

ele player is the best player ,and others are peasants and kittenes

in PvP

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

Ele needs a serious buff. As of right now I can barely win 1 v 3s on point. I am pretty much forced to leave (unharmed that is) a fight and try again later???
I used to be able to beat three people but right now it is impossible (in my last match)… My idea is to remove cooldowns from my attunements like Engi’s weapon kits.
PLEASE ANET READ THIS

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Also this is 1 time for 3 years ,when ele a little bit overpowered.Thiefs,warriors was op several time ,but eles only 1 and all people start crying about this.Let us play a little bit.

Do you know dat ele was op first 6 months of this game (Crossing and holding 2 ppl close forever) and after celestial amulet rework had been op for pretty much 1 year already?

Guess you don’t

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i mention this in one of the thread i made, its not the ele its the celestial amulet. celestial amulet is only OP with the synergy with ele being jack of all trades in spvp but not in pve, if they nerf ele pve gets affected and i dont want that to happen. if they nerf celestial amulet in pvp only pvp gets balanced or affected.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Its not about ele,its about celestial.Just remove this from game>it will resolve many problems.1 year ago cele warriors was OP,now eles.Cele Revenant is more op then others.

WRONG!

Celestial amulet is fine. If it was really that broken, everyone would be using it. Instead, only the builds which can might stack or have other access to power and can crap out condis for almost no effort use it.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: deathike.4623

deathike.4623

I agree its not the amulet, thy could tone down fire and it will be balanced every body crying for nerfs is just crazy if thy nerf ele into the ground and the class falls off the rader there will be another class that will just take the top spot (revenant) and then ppl will just start crying for nerfs all over.

Chill to the bone !
Level 80 Necro, elementalist, thief, ranger, mesmer, warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I agree its not the amulet, thy could tone down fire and it will be balanced every body crying for nerfs is just crazy if thy nerf ele into the ground and the class falls off the rader there will be another class that will just take the top spot (revenant) and then ppl will just start crying for nerfs all over.

With ele out of the equation , the crowd would turn their attention back to mesmers and necros, a scenario I can’t wait to see…so I’m all for ground breaking nerfs on ele ( as they wouldn’t affect me the least ofc xd)

in PvP

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

There are many things wrong with ele, most of which have been brought up in various other threads, for example:

too many burn stacks too quickly while retaining high end tank and support functionality, too much base damage, no trade offs for condi clears / immunes, etc.

there has been another issue brought up by one of the devs recently that i think affects eles a great deal and is a large part of what makes them so OP, but this issue has not been brought up, paid attention to by the players.

the issue is as follows:

in general, GW2 was designed, so that classes (professions) or certain builds can produce eitehr a lot of combo fields with relatively few finishers, or very few fields with a lot of finishers. eles however, have far too much access to both unlike other classes in the game.

for example: a cele ele, can self stack might so high, that it surpasses other classes unbuffed, or self buffed dedicated power or condi builds via the combo fields and finishers. not just that, but the fields / finishers are on far too low cooldowns, so the uptime of might stacks, or frequency of water fields also surpasses that of other classes dedicated builds.

this is a large part of what creates the lack of trade offs on a cele ele. either everything, the fields and finishers need longer CDs, or their access needs to be limited and incorporated more into traits, rather then base skills, in order to create trade offs, which currently is not the case.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in PvP

Posted by: Lathias.8305

Lathias.8305

This may have already been said, I dont necessarily have time to look at all the posts. But I just got out of a match in sPvP in which I usually hold my own 3-5 points captured, 11-15 kills etc etc. But d/d eles whip me every time. Its like I am not even trying, I get them half way down they finish their might stack, swap to water, heal back up to full, continue might stack. I play Ranger as my main (I can hear the distant boos) but I can 1v2 most of the time, but I cant take down 1 ele? How is that NOT OP? Sure it maybe just the celestial amulet but to nerf that would nerf some other fine builds in other classes. Just the humble thoughts of a casual gamer.

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

With ele out of the equation , the crowd would turn their attention back to mesmers and necros, a scenario I can’t wait to see…so I’m all for ground breaking nerfs on ele ( as they wouldn’t affect me the least ofc xd)

necros huh? What game are you playing? It is Ok not to be happy about the inevitable d/d nerf but necros? Really?

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Celestial is fine, burns are not.

End.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I disagree withe the cele amulet being the problem. I do believe there is a problem with d/d ele for the simple fact that its better at everything then every other ele.

I use staff ele and i ran into alot different combo fights when its me vs a d/d ele. I went rune of the earth so i can apply 7-8 protection for team mates aswell as more heals with staff.

The problem i run into is d/d ele literally can do more of everything from stack might for a entire team, apply big burst hits to down opponents in 1 vs 1 situations, apply huge condi dmg with ring of fire that you cant dodge in or out.

You cant do these things on staff or scepter. I also believe we shouldnt nerf burns simply cause burn guardians are finally a viable choice as well as trap rangers now. People have shown videos of counter plays to those builds where as there has been no counter play to d/d eles. Its so bad that AG/ESL has limited classes per teams simply cause everyone has found it to be a joke. Teams were running full 5 eles and 4 ele teams.

Simply put when this patch first came out mesmers and eles were too strong and they slightly fixed mesmers. Still a little strong imo but D/D eles are in a god mode and a reduce in base dmg to there burst hits aswell and a reduction of 1 to there ring of fire and drakes breath to me would bring them back into balance.

They would still do dmg and still be able to do condi dmg and since they all run cele that how it should be. A cele character shouldnt be able to destroy anything and currently only d/d ele does that to every class.

in PvP

Posted by: valvio.5067

valvio.5067

Sorry to tell you nerf ele gang.
There is already a build with more sustain,dps with self stacking 25 might.
it does not use cele amulet or vamp rune etc.
it uses a different amulet,rune,sigils,traits and is so different to the cele build it will be under the radar till after the nerfs.
What then, a year of nerf that build.?
Learn to counter and accept that ele as a class is played by people with a higher skill level than the average.
If cele ele was so easy to play so op, where are they all?
People forget that it is also hard to play.
i forgot ,no need for dagger\dagger unless you want too ;].
Scepter focus, dagger focus will do fine.
GLHF
imo

(edited by valvio.5067)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

What? dd ele has had at least 3 different times since launch when it was considered OP. This time it is just unquestionably the best spec in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

As for the might stacking I think DD elementalist has to many blast finisher making it very easy to get 25 might.

LOL what kind of scrub team is letting you just sit there and stack might?

in PvP

Posted by: valvio.5067

valvio.5067

It MIGHT shock you to find out ,but we can stack MIGHT and fight.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

15 might per rotation, 25 might by 2. Eles need to be nerfed.

Ele main here. Tired of seeing bads being carried by Celestial d/d and then trashtalking.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

I main warrior and i think that just some burning, mobility(this guys can teleport, mobility from air anf elite skill and etc) nerf for dd ele is in need but others I guess are fine.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

They really should just remove Celestial, see what happens, and go from there.

Let’s face it… 130% of the budget of a normal amulet spread across all stats means only one of two binary results: either it sucks for a build or it single-handedly makes it. Remove Celestial—it’s not healthy for the game.

Oh, and bring back Jewels in SPvP while you’re at it. More choices wouldn’t hurt

(edited by Amante.8109)

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

CeleDDEle is underpowered.
It needs to be buffed and receive more baseline aspects.

It has to be buffed to be balanced.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: funassistant.6589

funassistant.6589

As for the might stacking I think DD elementalist has to many blast finisher making it very easy to get 25 might.

Well how do you stop them from blasting might? Do you kill them?

Oh wait, you can’t kill them because they outsustain everything.

You’ll probably even die in the process

Team Africa [TA]
European Overlord

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

relax dd celele will be nerfed.

josh count grouchula said so

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Do you knwo how to kite or you sit stand still face tank the whole damage ele.

It is so easy to kill D/D Ele with S/F Ele. If you have a range weapon and you know how to kite, a clever ele will leave you alone and search another target.

Most of the people, I see PVP just stay there and try to face tank D/D Ele.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

It is so easy to kill D/D Ele with S/F Ele. If you have a range weapon and you know how to kite, a clever ele will leave you alone and search another target.

No idea which tier this guy is playing at or if he even pvps. A s/f glass ele beating a a d/d cele ele. Hah, good joke. I sure hope for his sake he’s trolling.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

No idea which tier this guy is playing at or if he even pvps. A s/f glass ele beating a a d/d cele ele. Hah, good joke. I sure hope for his sake he’s trolling.

Do you want to see videos about it, watch this.

http://www.twitch.tv/phantaram/v/15061561

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Oh yeah let’s put phantaram fresh air vs a random scrub d/d…

I can kill many cele d/d eles too with gs/hammer war in unranked so cele d/d is definately underpowered

That totally makes sense…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

I can kill many cele d/d eles too with gs/hammer war in unranked so cele d/d is definately underpowered

Lets see Phanta ranked 80 PVP player in ranked queue his opponent is also rank 80 at PVP, so what sort of a PVP player niveau you like to see.

He said a top level S/F player can’t kill a top level D/D player, I see lots of instance Phanta kills one.

Or you will be only happy Phanta will play the D/D and destroy a S/F player?

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Cele d/d is underpowered.
No rocket science here.

Anet has to fix it so d/d will perform better.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Lets see Phanta ranked 80 PVP player in ranked queue his opponent is also rank 80 at PVP, so what sort of a PVP player niveau you like to see.

He said a top level S/F player can’t kill a top level D/D player, I see lots of instance Phanta kills one.

Being ranked 80 doesn’t mean anything. I am ranked 56 and on d/d cele I can destroy any Mara/zerker s/f ele. Feel free to prove me otherwise, I’ll put forward 50g to eat my words.

Your logic is off, and you obviously have not played much pvp. It seems you’re trying too hard to justify op things so you can abuse (get carried by) them.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

Being ranked 80 doesn’t mean anything. I am ranked 56 and on d/d cele I can destroy any Mara/zerker s/f ele. Feel free to prove me otherwise, I’ll put forward 50g to eat my words.

Your logic is off, and you obviously have not played much pvp. It seems you’re trying too hard to justify op things so you can abuse (get carried by) them.

What part of the logic off

You say no S/F guy can kill a D/D Ele and I give a link in which Phanta kills D/Ds regularly.

If you say you can kill Phanta every time he plays S/F, go ask him a duel, if he wins you can give your 50 gold to him, if you can kill him, you can put the video somewhere and prove me wrong.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

1. You’re putting two players of different skill levels together. In fact, they are not even remotely near the same level.

2. If it’s so easy to kill D/D with S/F, why don’t you do it? Or is it that you obviously know d/d is op and trying to dodge? Do you even play ele?

3. I saw A kill B so B is not op. That logic is inherently flawed. I kill baddies with only mainhand dagger Mara ele, does that mean only mainhand dagger Mara ele is strong? What a joke.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

I am main Ele from start of this game, I played D/D when it was OP and when it was horrible.

I don’t care D/D will be nerfed or buffed, I will still play D/D, because I love the play style.

At no stage of this conversion, I said Ele should not be nerfed, if you look to the my forum history, you will see that I have lots of suggestions that what should be nerfed for D/D to drop this OP amblem.

Lots the players who cries about nerfing the D/D (and lots of them I kill in PVP) tries to stand still and face tank D/D where he can land all of his melee skills. If a player starts kiting D/D after burning his LF and RTL, it can’t do a crap.

Now S/F FA with super speed, after D/D burns LF and RTL can kite him all day, before they both get off CD and if FGS is on CD it can’t get away from S/F (and S/F had the FGS also).

In all during time, it will slowly eat the HP of D/D, after D/D leaves water, is S/F lands a Dragon Tooth, Phoenix Combo it is done deal for S/F.

S/F Zerker has lots of natural enemies/counters, Thief, Mesmer but D/D is not one of them.

I am strictly speaking about duels here, if S/F has to stay on node, probably will die but if it has all the map to kite good luck to D/D.

And you are claiming to be a top D/D and I am showing you top S/F FA and you don’t want to be compared with him. I don’t know what can I say to you more.

And if it is going to make you that happy we can duel of course.

(edited by posthumecaver.6473)

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Even if s/f has whole map to kite, it won’t be able to kill cele d/d ‘easily’. It wouldn’t even be able to kill a d/d cele ele. It won’t be able to kite away from cele d/d either just for the fact that d/d has rtl and s/f does not.

Like I said before, I’m willing to prove my point with 50g on the line. I am also strictly speaking about duels.

Edit: I’m not claiming to be a top d/d ele. I’m just that confident that s/f won’t beat d/d. I won’t mind dueling phantaram if he would spare me the time but he probably won’t. Add me up and I’ll be on in a few. We can duel then.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

(edited by ReaperJr.5967)

in PvP

TorsoReaper.8530

I don’t know if people on here are talking ranked or unranked or what but any GOOD players will use a disrupt. If I see an enemy ele trying to stack might I’m using air 5, earth 3, or earth 4 to disrupt them. Only scrub ele’s blindly face roll the might stack rotation trying to get to 15 stacks.

Feel free to watch any high level twitch player to verify but NOBODY at the top ranks goes into a fight and gets to 15 or 25 stacks of might unless they are against an awful team. They’re getting a couple stacks of might and otherwise moving on to the next attunement to use the right skills for the situation.

You can get your might stacks up while you’re on point waiting for someone, that’s fair, but now all your kitten is on cooldown so really not the greatest idea in the world but that’s just my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: Wielder Of Magic.3950

Wielder Of Magic.3950

D/D ele….

I have mixed feelings about the subject.
In its current form there is no doubt that celestial D/D is overpowered in current pvp.

Biggest issue for me: It can do everything.

It can hold or contest a node, outsustaining you in a 1v1 or even 2v1/3v1 if opposing players aren’t that bright.

It can easily decap points or escape lost fights with their great mobility.

They can easily force kills through might and burn stacking, they even have CC in earth and air.

They can also support their group with boons/heals/cleansing.

Counters are extremely limited.
Perhaps it gets better on higher MMR matches and tournaments ( altough even in tournaments you will see 1-2 D/D eles on each team a lot of the time), but in an average pvp match it is very hard to counter a D/D ele.

Burst it with condi? He goes into water and all your condi’s are gone.
Wait with your condi burst you say?
Cleansing fire in both utility and traitline says hello.

Physical burst?
On demand protection from earth/armor of earth, or a simple water attunement and they are almost back to full.

Almost got them down anyway?
Watch in awe how they disengage with dagger air #4.

This particular build is just to good at everything, has very little counters, and if the counter does not play extremely well the ele will probably destroy its counter as well.

What does that mean to me?
The problem comes forth out of the following combination:

1. celestial amulet giving eles to big of an advantage due to eles being able to use all stats it gives.

2. massive survivability due to (mostly) water and arcana.

3. massive might stacking

4. additional damage thanks to burning ( drakes breath and ring of fire)

5. disengage ( perhaps the smallest issue of all).

Thus for me the problem is not one single thing, it is the combination of all of the above. But how to balance?

Celestial amulet is only a problem with elementalists, not with other professions right now ( celestial engineer/warrior is a rare sight these days and celestial revenant has not arrived yet). Still, it could use some tweaking in the numbers, so it won’t give more stats all combined then the other amulets ( ideally, it should give a bit less imo to reinforce the ‘jack of all trades but master of none’theme).

Elementalist itself… Water sustain needs a hit. and perhaps replace the current water&earth dodge effects from evasive arcana.
However, it needs to be done very carefully.
Cele D/D needs to be brought in line, but I don’t think anybody wants elementalists to become useless.
Unfortunately, that is what happens if we would simply place a balance-nuke on water and arcana in its current form.
With those traitlines ele is OP, without them ele is crap.
Thus we are looking at either a complete re-design of the profession, or looking at huge buffs in other areas to compensate the big hit water and arcana deserve.

As for the might stacking…. would removing 1-2 blasts on the D/D set fix the problem?

in PvP

Posted by: RaGe.9834

RaGe.9834

I keep seeing complaints about d/d ele, and being a person who’s played as, with and against them I don’t have the same issues, or see the same issues that being said I don’t know about pro level (or care for low low level play) yes they’re powerful, and great to have on your team, But I find that if your team is REALLY struggling with them, bring a singular necro, I’ve found necro’s simply devour* ele’s, while retaining a very decent (unlike previous iterations) survivability (i.e. they don’t need to be babysat anymore). In conclusion, I’m normally one to complain about balance issues, but I legitimately believe this to be balanced (or atleast as balanced as “class x instant nerfs class y” gets)
just bring along a necro if you’re worried (and before you say that’s not balanced lemme remind you of the classic guard > thief scenario)

*and by devour I mean literally in (single digit number here) seconds flat

What are you a jock?…. get out, This is nerd landia, where nerds gather!

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Rank 80?

RANK 80?

Every single scrub in this game is r80, are you even serious?

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Good elementalists can might stack while having their skills hit, while fighting.

The fix for elementalists is so simple, move Cleansing Water to Earth Magic, replacing Diamond Skin and you’ll see a massive drop for ele’s DPS.

But we still got to fix Signet Necromancers and Mantra of Distraction.

Also, when it comes to the best Elementalists it’s not about who is best in a fight it’s about who is best during the match. Good escapes or proper rotation at high level play becomes vastly more important. You can be the best player in the world but if you cannot properly escape a focused spike from 4 invisible players your 1v1 ‘skillz’ don’t mean kitten.

If I beat Phantasma or Ostrigg Eggs in a fight it doesn’t mean I’m the better player, it just means I’m the better fighter. I consider Magic Toker MVP during the world series just because his perfect rotations won them the tournament.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

TorsoReaper.8530

Good elementalists can might stack while having their skills hit, while fighting.

Yes, against a scrub. A good person is going to interrupt them or know that they have to execute the moves inside the fire field and they will knock them out of the fire field.

What I don’t get is, if D/D ele is so OP why isn’t it always just a game of 10 ele’s? Everyone says “oh well it’s not fun to win all the time”. BS. It has a higher skill cap than invisible thief spam buttons. It’s got a higher skill cap than Ranger going longbow 2,4,3 repeat. There’s a lot of people who are going to complain about D/D ele without even attempting to play D/D ele because they don’t have the time or patience to even learn the prof. As someone who plays a lot of ele, I can say for a fact it is much easier to counter an ele if you’ve played as one and it’s not an automatic win. I see plenty of trash ele’s out there that just blindly try to run the might stack rotation.

The fact that op thinks you can just make 25 stacks of might no problem shows he either doesn’t play ele or has had the luck of only playing against absolutely terrible competition.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Yes, against a scrub. A good person is going to interrupt them or know that they have to execute the moves inside the fire field and they will knock them out of the fire field.

What I don’t get is, if D/D ele is so OP why isn’t it always just a game of 10 ele’s? Everyone says “oh well it’s not fun to win all the time”. BS. It has a higher skill cap than invisible thief spam buttons. It’s got a higher skill cap than Ranger going longbow 2,4,3 repeat. There’s a lot of people who are going to complain about D/D ele without even attempting to play D/D ele because they don’t have the time or patience to even learn the prof. As someone who plays a lot of ele, I can say for a fact it is much easier to counter an ele if you’ve played as one and it’s not an automatic win. I see plenty of trash ele’s out there that just blindly try to run the might stack rotation.

The fact that op thinks you can just make 25 stacks of might no problem shows he either doesn’t play ele or has had the luck of only playing against absolutely terrible competition.

I main ele and can easily get 25 stacks really fast.
Honestly, the only reason why you don’t have teams of 5 Elementalists is because boons can only stack so far and we reach a cap in our potential.

Signet Necromancers are without a doubt more powerful than Elementalists and definitely bunkier, but just because your build has a counter for everything doesn’t mean it’s also better by having more. There is a cap to how much you can contribute.

Although that is not the same with every meta. I remember Dhuumfire Terrormancers, which were unbeatable 1v1 and even more powerful in teamfights because their condition spamming was unstoppable and could focus down multiple targets at once. They didn’t have to bunker, just grab a rabid amulet and melt everyone with conditions before they can even come close to harming you.

Just because something is the jack of all trades, doesn’t mean it is the best choice.

The biggest issue with Elementalists is Water Magic, it offers high recovery AND condition removal in one. Just move the condition removal to Earth and you’ll see the Elementalists DPS take a massive hit.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

cele d/d ele would be neat if it worked like a bunker spec. kinda like pre-patch, but with a slight damage nerf. meaning that its CURRENT damage needs to be gutted with cele stats. it could do good damage, for example, with condi stats, knights, PTV, marauder, etc. but only at the cost of greatly reduced sustain.

I was hoping pvp designers would have learned something from the cele meta, but they never fail to amaze, in a bad way. it’s not fun when one spec does everything. these words need to be plastered all over their office imo, so they never lose track of it again.

What I don’t get is, if D/D ele is so OP why isn’t it always just a game of 10 ele’s?

you probably don’t understand a lot of things about this issue, but to clarify for you, in the highest MMR bracket against the top players in the game, we’re very often seeing 2-3 d/d eles on each team (unless phanta, wakkie et al get bored and run something else) duking it out and completely dictating the flow and outcome of battle.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Just for the sake of argument. I went through the Go4Gw2 tournament since 26th july and in average here are the percentage of classes (based only on what they showed on stream, not counting the many unshown matches) :

• ranger 3%
  • necro 7% (who said they are OP???)
  • engineer 10%
  • warrior 10%
  • guardian 12%
  • thief 13%
  • mesmer 14%
  • elementalists 32%

An equal repartition of all 8 classes would mean 12.5% each. Note that mesmer dropped pretty hard around the beginning of august (a bit after the nerf), to approximately 10-11%. I am not claiming those stats necessarily reveal the balance because there is also a question of “roles” and “counter”, but I still think the results are quite clear…

(edited by Silverkey.2078)