Balancing Revenant : Give more Condi Clears

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Mallyx?

/15 charrs with apples

Mallyx has no stunbreaks and 0 synergy with any power build. Not to mention that you have to take Corruption.

God forbid you have to sacrifice something to get something else.

The ironic thing is, it still doesn’t have clears.

And I nor will any revenant sacrifice viability just to get condition clears. The whole point why we want condition clears is to BE more viable without humping an Ele’s leg. Mallyx, Ventari, and Jalis don’t put as in a more viable state.

Amazing that I have to spell that out to your dense kitten .

If you’re sacrificing viability to get clears, then clearly you’re currently viable and don’t need buffs.

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Mallyx?

/15 charrs with apples

Mallyx has no stunbreaks and 0 synergy with any power build. Not to mention that you have to take Corruption.

And I nor will any revenant sacrifice viability just to get condition clears. The whole point why we want condition clears is to BE more viable without humping an Ele’s leg. Mallyx, Ventari, and Jalis don’t put as in a more viable state.

If you’re sacrificing viability to get clears, then clearly you’re currently viable and don’t need buffs.

8/9 classes are “viable.” By your logic then, none of them need any more tweaking and the game is perfect as is.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Balancing Revenant: Nerf the hell out of Rolling Mists.

Thats critical hit effectiveness right? I still don’t understand why that’s a thing. 20% crit chance goes up to 40% crit chance with fury , fury gives 20% crit chance. basically 60% crit chance with no points in precision. Ok…

no it only increases fury from 20% to 40%, but this is still an op trait

I’ll give you roiling mists if I can have riposting shadows, crystal hibernation and surge of the mists back. The amount of “rev so OP” from people that don’t play the class and haven’t been paying attention to the insane nerfs it has gotten is funny.

It’s funny when revs cry about rev receiving “insane nerfs” and in the same breath fail to acknowledge how those nerfs didn’t go anywhere near far enough XD

I guess the insanity is how OP rev is despite nerfs. Makes you think about what tier of Mount Olympus they lived on before XD

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Mallyx?

/15 charrs with apples

OOOoooooooooooooooo, BURN.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

There is a way players are able to script/macro the staff skill “surge of the mists” to hit all 9x without knocking the target away after the initial impact.

This is pretty much an instant kill for any light armor class not under the effects of protection.

Stability does nothing, stun break does nothing…. and its pretty much the equivalent of getting run over by a bus irl.

The skill’s mechanics definitely need to be looked at.

…and even though this is next to impossible to accomplish without a macro/script… altering the way the skill functions should fix the problem.

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

Thats critical hit effectiveness right? I still don’t understand why that’s a thing. 20% crit chance goes up to 40% crit chance with fury , fury gives 20% crit chance. basically 60% crit chance with no points in precision. Ok…

I’ll give you roiling mists if I can have riposting shadows, crystal hibernation and surge of the mists back. The amount of “rev so OP” from people that don’t play the class and haven’t been paying attention to the insane nerfs it has gotten is funny.

It’s funny when revs cry about rev receiving “insane nerfs” and in the same breath fail to acknowledge how those nerfs didn’t go anywhere near far enough XD

I guess the insanity is how OP rev is despite nerfs. Makes you think about what tier of Mount Olympus they lived on before XD

I’m not a rev. I play 5 of the classes in this game pretty proficiently, including revenant. Rev is slowly slipping to thief s1 territory if morons like you and Fay that have probably never touched a revenant dictate what the class should be.

Edit: oops, after looking at your sig links I know exactly the kind of person I am talking to. Can’t let go of power warrior/mes brah, everything gotta be nerfed to your level?

(edited by BeepBoopBop.5403)

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

There is a way players are able to script/macro the staff skill “surge of the mists” to hit all 9x without knocking the target away after the initial impact.

This is pretty much an instant kill for any light armor class not under the effects of protection.

Stability does nothing, stun break does nothing…. and its pretty much the equivalent of getting run over by a bus irl.

…and even though this is next to impossible to accomplish without a macro/script… altering the way the skill functions should fix the problem.

Skill already took a 30% hit since release, is countered by things like shock aura, mirror of anguish, eye for an eye, rune of nightmare, etc. etc.

I don’t see how a macro would help at all, once you use the skill you cant turn or do anything but launch forward. If you let a rev predict your movements and perfectly train you down with all hits, you probably deserved it. If you were moving around even slightly, odds are you’ll get hit by like 3 or 4k tops.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

I’m not a rev. I play 5 of the classes in this game pretty proficiently, including revenant. Rev is slowly slipping to thief s1 territory if morons like you and Fay that have probably never touched a revenant dictate what the class should be.

Edit: oops, after looking at your sig links I know exactly the kind of person I am talking to. Can’t let go of power warrior/mes brah, everything gotta be nerfed to your level?

Doesnt matter if you play rev or not, truth is truth “brah” XD

And don’t worry, I can play meta builds the same as everyone else, despite what links are displayed on the internet.

Nice attempt at rhetoric though! :D

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

And don’t worry, I can play meta builds the same as everyone else, despite what links are displayed on the internet.

Nice attempt at rhetoric though!

There was 0 truth in your statement. It was all your opinion that revenant is OP. Its funny that no one in this thread that claims rev is OP has even bothered denying that they have never touched a revenant.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Nice attempt at rhetoric though! :D

There was 0 truth in your statement. It was all your opinion that revenant is OP. Its funny that no one in this thread that claims rev is OP has even bothered denying that they have never touched a revenant.

Definition of pure opinion is right here

;BeepBoopBop.5403:

And you’re absolutly 100% correct that I don’t play Rev. Though I’m not sure what my subject experience playing Rev has to do with the objective reality that Rev’s OP.

I also don’t play Engie, Guard, Ele, Thief, Ranger, or Necro :)

Would you like to try to come at this from a different, relevant angle? Maybe you’ll get lucky and find some traction some other way. :D

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Anyone wants to talk about rev and the need of condi clears? I mean really talk about, not name calling, hair pulling, pacifier kidnapping type.

in PvP

Posted by: epoc.7941

epoc.7941

The problem isn’t Revenant’s condi clear.

The problem is condis in general being too easy to apply and too frequent in application.

Hallelujah someone gets it!!! I thought DoT builds were supposed to be about wel u know DoT not bursty condi damage. While I am an advocate for condi damage in the high end doing a lot of damage currently it’s just excessive. I think part of this is just how every class has way too much access to every condition I think that conditions should be class based with a few global condis and some extra ones depending on weapons. For example a Mesmer can have confusion as a unique condi with bleeding burning and the debugging condis while supplimenting these with runes or sigils such as sigil of doom sigil of bydromancy sigil of torment. A thief for example can be an expert in poison and torment and bleeds. It give each class 3 condis they can apply consistently and maintain constant pressure and take out opponents but not just one button press and have 8 condis on you like it currently is.

in PvP

Posted by: Poledra Val.1490

Poledra Val.1490

Revenant is at a very good place at the moment and clearly this class is the heaviest hitting in pvp.

There should be risk and reward for playing Rev and conditions is its weakness and should remain so.

In addition I would like to point out it has numerous blocks/evades/dodges plus its superb heal. It also has access to Resistance coupled with an ele to remove your conditions, not to mention its constant boon upkeep for you and your team in close proximity around you, the class is a powerhouse.

(edited by Poledra Val.1490)

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

The problem isn’t Revenant’s condi clear.

The problem is condis in general being too easy to apply and too frequent in application.

Hallelujah someone gets it!!! I thought DoT builds were supposed to be about wel u know DoT not bursty condi damage. While I am an advocate for condi damage in the high end doing a lot of damage currently it’s just excessive. I think part of this is just how every class has way too much access to every condition I think that conditions should be class based with a few global condis and some extra ones depending on weapons. For example a Mesmer can have confusion as a unique condi with bleeding burning and the debugging condis while supplimenting these with runes or sigils such as sigil of doom sigil of bydromancy sigil of torment. A thief for example can be an expert in poison and torment and bleeds. It give each class 3 condis they can apply consistently and maintain constant pressure and take out opponents but not just one button press and have 8 condis on you like it currently is.

That’s exactly the situation condi mesmer is in right now, torment and confusion are the only reliable condis a mesmers can apply yet people still complain about condi mesmer all the time. Though mesmer does have reduced presence since mercenary ammy change.

An interesting thing is rev and ele are the only class that still has 100% presence in pro league (1 in each team), while all other classes doesn’t have that. Naturally they make a potent combination, rev is a dps/bruiser mix class that can sustain direct damage reasonably well while ele just remove most of condis that’s piling on the rev. Not to mention meta rev is still the main counter against pretty much every power/glass builds. In the current state I suspect that they’ll continue nerf rev’s damage, aaaaaaaaand possibly increase condi clear along the way if they actually want to balance things faster than current rate.

in PvP

TheBlackLeech.9360

Skill already took a 30% hit since release, is countered by things like shock aura, mirror of anguish, eye for an eye, rune of nightmare, etc. etc.

I don’t see how a macro would help at all, once you use the skill you cant turn or do anything but launch forward. If you let a rev predict your movements and perfectly train you down with all hits, you probably deserved it. If you were moving around even slightly, odds are you’ll get hit by like 3 or 4k tops.

I’m talking about getting hit all 9x consistently…. to the point where i’ve had someone spawn camp me and insta kill me over and over again the moment I left the base.

Completely being obliterated by the same player who is either using a script (or a macro that gets the user into a perfect position to use the skill… even against a moving target) with 100% accuracy every time.

I also assure you, the other light armor classes on the team were also one shot,

I’m almost positive its a script unless there is some skill/movement combination that you can use to line yourself up perfectly for a surge every time, in which case a macro would suffice.

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

I’m talking about getting hit all 9x consistently…. to the point where i’ve had someone spawn camp me and insta kill me over and over again the moment I left the base.

Completely being obliterated by the same player who is either using a script (or a macro that gets the user into a perfect position to use the skill… even against a moving target) with 100% accuracy every time.

I also assure you, the other light armor classes on the team were also one shot,

I’m almost positive its a script unless there is some skill/movement combination that you can use to line yourself up perfectly for a surge every time, in which case a macro would suffice.

no you’re just getting outplayed, relax.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

The logic of the GW2 community : " I want to run a bursty power build, with enough sustain to 1vs1 anyone and enough condi clear to fight condi specs…still I want to slot all power trait line"

You want more condi clear?
Let’s buff Salvation Traitline, everybody and his dog runs a dedicated traitline to clear condis..don’t see why you revs think to be special and should be able to fully spec for burst and still be able to clear condis..lol..just lol

MMOs are getting more and more watered down, players these days want all benefits..at no cost

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

The logic of the GW2 community : " I want to run a bursty power build, with enough sustain to 1vs1 anyone and enough condi clear to fight condi specs…still I want to slot all power trait line"

You want more condi clear?
Let’s buff Salvation Traitline, everybody and his dog runs a dedicated traitline to clear condis..don’t see why you revs think to be special and should be able to fully spec for burst and still be able to clear condis..lol..just lol

MMOs are getting more and more watered down, players these days want all benefits..at no cost

You act like the meta invocation rev has no counters. I can easily think of 7-8 counters to it whereas other professions have an average of 2-3 counters to it. Some builds have NO counters if played right. Honestly invocation rev in the meta has the most counters to it. Buffing the condi clear for the invocation line or class itself would bring it down to 3-4 counters which is still reasonable. The only other profession that has nearly as many counters are DH’s. Which suggests those 2 needs a rework/buff in some way to bring them up to line with the other professions.

Sure…Rev bursts hits hard but that’s a trade off for their glassiness. Invo has a high skill cap and if you don’t play it right, you can get 100-0’ed by a thief burst, especially pulm. Glint used? Condi bombed? You either gotta pull yourself out of the fight to kite (or hope you have a teammate to clear some of it for you) and swap legends and riposting to clear movement condis and hope that your staff 4 clears the damaging condis, and at this point, you’re half hp from doing this. And doing this makes you vulnerable to a thief burst. And it certainly doesn’t help we have no access to stability on this build, which raises the skill cap for it even higher since you have to be smart about your stunbreaks. Now tell me that rev doesn’t need a condi clear buff in some way? I think this is more than reasonable and you overexaggerate rev’s strengths overall. Bursts hard and gets bursted hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

A-net specifically designed Rev to be weak towards condi’s. That is specifically their weakness.

And now you are asking to remove that weakness.

Ok then.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

A-net specifically designed Rev to be weak towards condi’s. That is specifically their weakness.

Ok then.

Now count how many nerfs they already did to the point where a power build has more than a fair chance to 1v1 rev. A thief literally kitten on rev 1v1 nowdays due to rev situation heals – one needs to hit ona short timer, the other one is countered by wep stow. So yeah after the nerfs and bringing him more in terms of power to other classes he do deserve a buff to condi clear like other specs. This is called balance – take and give. So far they took a lot from rev but gave nothing in return.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Razor.9872

Ok then.

Now count how many nerfs they already did to the point where a power build has more than a fair chance to 1v1 rev. A thief literally kitten on rev 1v1 nowdays due to rev situation heals – one needs to hit ona short timer, the other one is countered by wep stow. So yeah after the nerfs and bringing him more in terms of power to other classes he do deserve a buff to condi clear like other specs. This is called balance – take and give. So far they took a lot from rev but gave nothing in return.

I would say Revs and Thieves are equal now. Both in terms of survivability, and dps out-put. They just do so in different fashions.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I understand your frustration. I was struggling a lot with my revenant against the condi meta so I tried making a necro just to see what it was like.

And it was hilarious. Having never played necro before I found a cookiecutter build and went to town. First match was something like 18-0 and without realizing it I was actively pursuing the opposing revenant because it was just another free kill.

What surprised me the most is how easy it was to play compared to rev. I don’t mind them being strong but there’s definitely a major issue with the skill ceiling (or floor in this case).

If you can’t beat em, join em :P

in PvP

TheBlackLeech.9360

no you’re just getting outplayed, relax.

lol nah

in PvP

Posted by: Raek.8504

Raek.8504

The thing with revenant is that they are the same as thief in terms of skill→profit.

Sure most revenants make you think that they are up, but few of them make you think that they are OP as hell. And that’s how class design should be tbh.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

The thing with revenant is that they are the same as thief in terms of skill->profit.

Sure most revenants make you think that they are up, but few of them make you think that they are OP as hell. And that’s how class design should be tbh.

im not sure you understand what you are talking about, you either have never played revenant in league or all you do is 1v1.

Revenant only does well when there are a lot more power builds in the area than condi builds, it has nothing to do with skill level. PvP generally has nothing to do with skill level thats why you have 80% of players running condi builds from diamond up.

Even thief that has a high skill requirement has a lot of cleanse even on a power build despite the amount of damage they do, why?

Warrior with no skill requirement has a lot of cleanse and they also do a lot of damage, why

But i asked a dev last season why power revenant has no cleanse and he said to me because power revenant has too much power. It was at that moment i realized how hopeless this studio is

Before the damage formula changes power used to outperform condi, Anet fixed that by having condi outperform power. This is the caliber of people we are making suggestions to
The easiest thing for every revenant to do on this thread is to accept that this condi cleanse everyone wants will either not happen or they will put it on a useless legend or traitline.

Even if they do something intelligent for once, another Xpac is coming and probably another elite spec which means they will break things again and spend the following two years balancing wildly and we will all convene here again to make suggestions.

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

I understand your frustration. I was struggling a lot with my revenant against the condi meta so I tried making a necro just to see what it was like.

And it was hilarious. Having never played necro before I found a cookiecutter build and went to town. First match was something like 18-0 and without realizing it I was actively pursuing the opposing revenant because it was just another free kill.

What surprised me the most is how easy it was to play compared to rev. I don’t mind them being strong but there’s definitely a major issue with the skill ceiling (or floor in this case).

If you can’t beat em, join em :P

Meet the spamwich

in PvP

Posted by: Raek.8504

Raek.8504

The thing with revenant is that they are the same as thief in terms of skill->profit.

im not sure you understand what you are talking about, you either have never played revenant in league or all you do is 1v1.

Revenant only does well when there are a lot more power builds in the area than condi builds, it has nothing to do with skill level. PvP generally has nothing to do with skill level thats why you have 80% of players running condi builds from diamond up.

Even thief that has a high skill requirement has a lot of cleanse even on a power build despite the amount of damage they do, why?

Warrior with no skill requirement has a lot of cleanse and they also do a lot of damage, why

But i asked a dev last season why power revenant has no cleanse and he said to me because power revenant has too much power. It was at that moment i realized how hopeless this studio is

Before the damage formula changes power used to outperform condi, Anet fixed that by having condi outperform power. This is the caliber of people we are making suggestions to
The easiest thing for every revenant to do on this thread is to accept that this condi cleanse everyone wants will either not happen or they will put it on a useless legend or traitline.

Even if they do something intelligent for once, another Xpac is coming and probably another elite spec which means they will break things again and spend the following two years balancing wildly and we will all convene here again to make suggestions.

Wow, you are salty as hell.

U sound like someone who never played against esl quality Revenants. Hilarious part is that, they don’t need alot of condi cleanse, because they can avoid condi application attacks at the first place with amount of blocks/dodges they have.

L2p i guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Mallyx?

/15 charrs with apples

His point still stands.

And if you want to survive against conditions a bit better as a power Rev, play Salvation-Invocation-Herald - With this you would have cleanse on dodge, cleanse on legend swap in addition to the other stuff you already have on your weapons and Facet of Light. On your sigils you can go for the Sigil of purity for a chance to remove a condition when you hit or Salvation-Retribution-Herald - This gives you cleanse on dodge, 50% damage reduction on condis and direct damage when you drop below 50% health and more passive CC than you can shake a stick at. Sigil of Purity also useful here.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I do agree with the general sentiment that revs should pick another legend/trait line to get cleanses if they need them however revs (for better and worse) don’t exactly work the same as other classes.

With most classes you can swap a trait line to get extra cleansing or swap in 1-2 utilities or even run a different weapon on swap but still keep your build tailored to the purpose you want. For example if a thief needed the extra cleansing power they can swap one trait for cleanse on evade and sacrifice a medium amount of sustained damage for cleansing while also being almost immune to control conditions.

A rev on the other hand has to run a different legend usually. Ventari is a good cleanser but all support and clunky to use. Mallyx is good at keeping the damage from conditions off through resistance but has little power uses and is mainly condition based. Jalis doesn’t synergise well with most things either and generally has clunky utilities in itself.

I do thing revs still need adjustments, they’re very strong at playing power, perhaps a little too strong but ventari needs a full on rework, jalis utilities need a once over again and if resistance is ever nerfed mallyx and the corruption line will need a complete overhaul.

in PvP

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Revs imo are perfectly fine as in they’re powerful and have multiple uses. The other legends could use work without a doubt. What is currently crazy though when it comes to condi specs in spvp is that they hit outright hard in all areas necros and warriors being the biggest culprits ( mesmers a bit too) they have high power damage on top of high condi pressue all while having great self sustain. the condi specs most commonly used sit at 2k power or more. I think that’s something that should be looked at.

in PvP

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

The problem with rev…

It just needs more utility skills options lol. That and maybe a decent ranged pvp weapon.

in PvP

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

I’ll give you roiling mists if I can have riposting shadows,

Still an incredible stunbreak-movement-condie clear skill.

crystal hibernation

Still a fantastic defensive skill that has built in sustain.

and surge of the mists back.

Still incredible damage and cc.

I’m…not seeing the issue here.

Look at the bigger picture, rev has plenty 1v1 counters and fair match ups, limited ability to focus somebody in a group fight and cant burst after opening with their gap closer.

There are plenty of issues with revenant, the fact that they work fine in organised teams cause an ele can baby sits for condies doesnt change this.

The fact that condis shutdown a revenant and they absolutely need an ele to support them simply is bad balance, especially if revenants in turn can’t roll over other power classes. They have little viable options so they cant really swap around weapons/traits/utility skills (duh)/Legends to fit different situations.

I still enjoy revenant but all the condi’s and nerfs sure are taking away from the experience. They still work and being a buff bot/versatile profession/one of the few power bursters will keep them in the meta for some time in ESL.

(edited by DutchRiders.2871)

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

Ok then.

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

Ok then.

show me where specifically Anet said Rev is supposed to be weak to condis

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

This is my suggestion in regards to pvp. Buff cleansing channel minor on the invocation line to remove 2 to 3 condis on swap and allow shield skills to remove 1 or two on use. Maybe one if you buff cleansing channel. This will bring revs more up to par versus condis. Done. /balanced. It’ll force the rev to be smarter about swapping legends. Swap too soon and condi bombed.

This seems like a reasonable suggestion.
Yes, condition cleanse can be found with Ventari or Jalis (though its more like weakening conditions than cleansing. Wont save you from getting bombed), but everyone needs to remember that compared to other classes, we cant just swap out our legend specific utilities to build against condition damage.

We swap out a legend to address conditions? We swap out our ENTIRE toolkit and have to spec for them via traitline to get the most out of it also. Lets face it, Shiro w/o Devastation, Ventari without Salvation, and Mallyx without corruption are garbage.

Every legend should have some answer to conditions, even if some are better than others at addressing it, unless we’re allowed to choose the utilities/elites regardless of an active legend like another class can, or gain access to 3 legends to swap to.

(edited by Euthymias.7984)

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Ok then.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-is-Too-Weak-to-Condis/first#post5471168

That said its no longer actual. Rev weakness to condi was the price for being extreme strong vs power builds. Since all the nerfs that changed a bit this situation rev weakness to condi should change as well. Balance – give n take, not just take take with 0 compensation.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

And you’re absolutly 100% correct that I don’t play Rev. Though I’m not sure what my subject experience playing Rev has to do with the objective reality that Rev’s OP.

I also don’t play Engie, Guard, Ele, Thief, Ranger, or Necro

Would you like to try to come at this from a different, relevant angle? Maybe you’ll get lucky and find some traction some other way.

It is a very relevant angle. The reason why this is a big deal is that when you haven’t played a class, you don’t understand how it works. Unless you’ve seen hundreds of hours of gameplay of someone else playing it. It’s plain and simple. And when you don’t have experience with a class, you don’t know how to counter it, unless the counter is very simple. That’s what makes your personal opinion void of any substance.

You come off very high and mighty even when you haven’t experienced 80% of the game, and your problems with revenants are clearly l2p issues. A PvP player shouldn’t have any issues playing most of the classes just to learn what counters them. The immersion-angle is only relevant for PvE, PvPers can’t use that excuse. If you find other classes boring or whatever, that’s on you. It’s incredibly lazy.

Personally, I’ve only come across 1 revenant this season that I couldn’t beat easily, and he wasn’t running the meta Invocation but Retribution instead. It’s so rare to see a good player running ret, that I had totally forgotten how to counter it. I’d say revenants are in need of buffs and nerfs at the same time, but I couldn’t begin to tell anyone what those are as I don’t main rev. The only classes I can begin to suggest anything to are Guardians(which I play for PvE) and Necromancers(for PvP).

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Razor.9872

Ok then.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-is-Too-Weak-to-Condis/first#post5471168

That said its no longer actual. Rev weakness to condi was the price for being extreme strong vs power builds. Since all the nerfs that changed a bit this situation rev weakness to condi should change as well. Balance – give n take, not just take take with 0 compensation.

How did rev specifically grow weaker to power builds?

NSPride <3

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

I also don’t play Engie, Guard, Ele, Thief, Ranger, or Necro :)

Would you like to try to come at this from a different, relevant angle? Maybe you’ll get lucky and find some traction some other way. :D

It is a very relevant angle. The reason why this is a big deal is that when you haven’t played a class, you don’t understand how it works. Unless you’ve seen hundreds of hours of gameplay of someone else playing it. It’s plain and simple. And when you don’t have experience with a class, you don’t know how to counter it, unless the counter is very simple. That’s what makes your personal opinion void of any substance.

See, your assumption is that I have absolutely no experience with reveneant. Where’as to the contrary I have hundreds of hours fighting revenants. The flaw in your argument comes at what you deem as ‘relevant’ experience (or data). Playing a class is one way to measure its power. Playing against a class is another way. But of course you put no validity in anything other than “hundreds of hours playing the class” so therefor you’re in a prime position to dismiss alternate, legitimate views. That’s called ignorance, plain and simple :)

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure rev has a host of problems I have no knowledge about. But it also has a variety of skills/traits/setups that are so ridiculous its plain to see, even for someone who’s never played the class.

~BOOM.

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Ok then.

Read patch notes, there are many nerfs for revs/heralds, some justified, some not.

in PvP

Razor.9872

Ok then.

Read patch notes, there are many nerfs for revs/heralds, some justified, some not.

Every nerf I see was a nerf to something that inherently made revs more effective to countering conditions buids too (i.e. “Riposting Shadows: The endurance gain of this ability has been reduced from 50 to 25.” allowed revs to dodge large condi-bursts more). I mean, what -specific- nerfs did rev recieve that brought them down solely in the anti-power department?

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

See, your assumption is that I have absolutely no experience with reveneant. Where’as to the contrary I have hundreds of hours fighting revenants. The flaw in your argument comes at what you deem as ‘relevant’ experience (or data). Playing a class is one way to measure its power. Playing against a class is another way. But of course you put no validity in anything other than “hundreds of hours playing the class” so therefor you’re in a prime position to dismiss alternate, legitimate views. That’s called ignorance, plain and simple

Playing against a class grants you very limited experience. In a PvP setting, the most viable build and playstyle rises to the top, whereas as an opponent it doesn’t give you much experience of the class as a whole. Your entire opinion may not be bad, but you are certainly not in a position to suggest to a rev player to swap legends if they want condi clear. There are aspects of revenant play which you know nothing about.

And for the record, I never claimed you need “hundreds of hours playing the class”. If you actually play the class, you can gain understanding of it’s perks and downs a bit faster than that.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.