Best Players of the Ages

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Highseaz.7581

Highseaz.7581

NA: from beta weekend to now!
Whether you wish to believe it or not, the best players now are the best players the game has every had
Mesmer (Not in order): Supcutie, Nnight, NeroVitus
Engineer (Not in order): Backpack, Five Gauge, Hiba
Necro (Not in order): Jaja, Noscoc, :: Khalifa
Ranger (Not in order):Twerp, Vyndetta, Tany
Warrior (Not in order):Java, Hman, Tarcis
Elementalist (Not in order): Phantaram, Wakkey, Skovex
Thief (Not in order): Muffinz, Toker, Jumper
Guardian (Not in order): Lily, Davinci, Morfeus (Honorable Mention: Hman)

Top ten teams of all times: (In order)

Teams now are better than ever, hate to say it, but players have simply developed to the point that even B tier teams would beat old teams of the day.

1. Abjured
-Noscoc
-Toker
-Five Gauge
-Wakkey
-Phantaram

2. The Absurd
-Backpack
-Tarcis
-Hman
-Caed
-Noscoc

3. Outplayed By Children
-Wakkey
-Noscoc
-Backpack
-Zoose
-Happy Kid

4. Apex Prime
-Chubbz
-Morf
-Nnight
-Hman
-Tarcis

5. Pancakes to Celebrate
-Skovos
-Vyndetta
-Payne
-Esclipzs
-Montage

6. PZ
-Java
-Skovos
-Kaypud
-Vyndetta
-Powerr

7. Qt
-Hman
-Vain
-Dom
-Sataarconey
-Khalifa

8. AL
-Reevz
-Hman
-Supcutie
-Folly
-Lily

9. I DPS IRL
-Happy Kid
-Hman
-Ellen
-Wakkey
-Luci

10. Vexx
-Remko
-Nnight
-Chubbz
-Morfeus
-Hiba

(edited by Highseaz.7581)

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

List is all sorts of wrong frand Veewee is #1 eng WAHOO.

I don’t remember the exact gimmick buts its something like that bullkitten

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

The Absurd was carried by Nos and Backpack. Abjured is the strongest team.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: QtHman.6502

QtHman.6502

I do have to agree with this list it’s pretty accurate.

And of course there will be the nay sayers bring it lolol

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Nnight.7215

Nnight.7215

This guy bringing in some hella accurate lists

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Lol

You missed Good Fights this time.

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Swagatron.8065

Swagatron.8065

Lol, too bad all those teams but one have or would lose to the Dankening and none of their members are on there (besides supcutire). Not even that ranger haha. Troll list is troll. Didn’t Dankening’s engi also 1 v 1 like all the top engis during tourneys? and he’s not top engis?

Half these players quit because they ended up not being good enough haha!

(edited by Swagatron.8065)

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Disney Channel had quite a good run back in the day.

Edit: and yea GF possible contender as well

(edited by Chaotic.9742)

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Highseaz.7581

I left Good Fights out for two main reasons:
1. Toker, Chaith, and Wakkey, all core members, are on Abjured now
2. GF played basically during a completely dead time of the game ( literally no other teams). While GF seemed good, the only other team at the time, FML, which had a subpar roster, actually beat them a lot. GF also did not win any notable tournaments, and they really fell apart in ToL 1, when they didn’t even make it to the semifinals. While you may argue that a team like The Abjured does not have any competition, I point out The Absurd, and Apex, both confirmed top teams still played vs them and Abjured came out on top.

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

There are many players that exist who are ready to compete at tournament level. The problem is that they usually lack a few virtues that would otherwise allow them break in to the upper tiers of the commuity:

• Time restraints due to school/work
  • They are afraid of responsibility to a team or do not want the pressure of expectation
  • They have low charisma or are plain uncooperative on TS3 with other players

So when it comes to 1v1 type situations, there are many players out there who could match any member of the Abjured or any other team for that matter, in combat, if not beat them but what really defines a good player in Guild Wars 2 is your ability to communicate and time available to stay hot and in practice.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Highseaz.7581

There are many players that exist who are ready to compete at tournament level. The problem is that they usually lack a few virtues that would otherwise allow them break in to the upper tiers of the commuity:

• Time restraints due to school/work
  • They are afraid of responsibility to a team or do not want the pressure of expectation
  • They have low charisma or are plain uncooperative on TS3 with other players

So when it comes to 1v1 type situations, there are many players out there who could match any member of the Abjured or any other team for that matter, in combat, if not beat them but what really defines a good player in Guild Wars 2 is your ability to communicate and time available to stay hot and in practice.

I disagree, I think most would Agree phantaram and noscoc are by far the best duelers at their profession. And as far as 1v1ing is concerned the rest of Abjured can hold their own. As far as teamfights are concerned, the Abjured accels with its mechanical abilities in teamfights. 1v1s are easy to learn. Teamfighting is what defines great players from good players

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Ostricheggs is missing in the list, isn’t he?

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

2. GF played basically during a completely dead time of the game ( literally no other teams). While GF seemed good, the only other team at the time, FML, which had a subpar roster, actually beat them a lot. GF also did not win any notable tournaments, and they really fell apart in ToL 1, when they didn’t even make it to the semifinals. While you may argue that a team like The Abjured does not have any competition, I point out The Absurd, and Apex, both confirmed top teams still played vs them and Abjured came out on top.

This isn’t true. GF won just about everything up until ToL. And if you look back that period wasn’t really dead. ToL had way more teams than today.

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Highseaz.7581

This isn’t true. GF won just about everything up until ToL. And if you look back that period wasn’t really dead. ToL had way more teams than today.

The Tournament of Legends brought a lot of teams back to the game and created new ones, but as I stated, Good Fights did very poorly in ToL 1. As far as them winning everything, they simply didn’t, the only major tournament they even played in, The GF invitational, was won by a European team. If you can prove it to me, I will happily add them.

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

Absurd didn’t win any major tournaments either. Somehow they are on there.

GF did win quite a few weeklies in the run up to ToL. Not as dominant as Abjured. But on that level.

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Highseaz.7581

Absurd didn’t win any major tournaments either. Somehow they are on there.

GF did win quite a few weeklies in the run up to ToL. Not as dominant as Abjured. But on that level.

The Absurd won a few hundred dollars in ESL tournaments I believe. The reason they are on this list is because they beat the Abjured 3/5 times before China.

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

You do realize Absurd and Abjured’s roster had interchangeable parts?

Your lists, history and rationale has some major flaws.

OPC didn’t create the celestial meta. It was Hiba Zoose and three others dogging out APeX in a show match that set the stages for it.

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Highseaz.7581

You do realize Absurd and Abjured’s roster had interchangeable parts?

Your lists, history and rationale has some major flaws.

OPC didn’t create the celestial meta. It was Hiba Zoose and three others dogging out APeX in a show match that set the stages for it.

That “show match” was OBC vs Apex, except only 3 of OBC were able to make that date(Wakkey, Zoose, and Nos)… I believe, Hiba subbed for Backpack, and Kaypud subbed for Acandis (Both were out of town during the event). But this match was supposed to be Outplayed vs Apex, they simply changed Outplayed’s name because only 3/5 were going to play.
http://www.twitch.tv/digitalprosports/c/4644924

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

This list is absolute garbage, why is not Gasmask an all time god tier Warrior?

Okay for real, he doesn’t even include Ostrich on Engi, that guy hard carries bads in solo que.

Fail list as a joke and in all seriousness really. Just the OP’s list of favorites and flame-bait.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

why is morf listed under guardians besides the fact that the OP is a major apex fanboy?

gerdian

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

kitten’ salt is real.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Lee.5784

Lee.5784

why is morf listed under guardians besides the fact that the OP is a major apex fanboy?

Probably he is better than you?

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Engineer: Vee Wee.

/thread

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: DeTriX.4503

DeTriX.4503

We made it to semis and lost to Fedora Five -_- but this list is a good one

Genyen
Good Fights
Fort Aspenwood

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: DeTriX.4503

DeTriX.4503

The Tournament of Legends brought a lot of teams back to the game and created new ones, but as I stated, Good Fights did very poorly in ToL 1. As far as them winning everything, they simply didn’t, the only major tournament they even played in, The GF invitational, was won by a European team. If you can prove it to me, I will happily add them.

We placed 3rd in MLG Invitationals and 2nd in GF Invitational. When you say major tournaments, are you implying TOL1-WTS? Because if you are half of those teams didnt win in those tournaments.

Genyen
Good Fights
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by DeTriX.4503)

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

Ostrichegg is missing

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

Of all times? I’m assuming this is NA only. So where is saatarcoeny on mesmer, ishanah on guardian, jery e on necro, no trolling on ranger?

Also: noscoc, toker and backpack are super overrated and shouldn’t be on any top list.

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

Of all times? I’m assuming this is NA only. So where is saatarcoeny on mesmer, ishanah on guardian, jery e on necro, no trolling on ranger?

Also: noscoc, toker and backpack are super overrated and shouldn’t be on any top list.

are you saying someone made a list where they include people most would agree with, excluded a few people you’d expect but they want to kitten off. Then add them selves and few people they want to be pals with instead? interesting

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Saatar is playing engi now (on his alt account) and he is one of the best soloQ wrecker. I’d like to mention Sassy on her ranger as well.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Wsup backpack…

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

It’s a good list. But the fact that he didn’t include Good Fights shows his true colours.

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: DevilsGlare.7658

DevilsGlare.7658

Oh dudes, I made a list!
Jumps for joy

If we ain’t laughin, we ain’t winnin.
Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

Best Players of the Ages

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469