Blind condition Is given out like candy

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Seriously, I understand that it’s somehow part of guardians class mechanic, and I even understand elementalists having it, but mesmers and thieves need to have a lot less of it. They already have access to stealth and ports which a big defensive mechanic and the blinds just make the class even more faceroll than it needs to be. Especially since they have so much access to it. This would be a nerf in the right direction, put an ICD on the mesmer trait and make other thief builds more viable instead of ones that rely on spamming a condition such as blind. Reduce the duration of the blind to 2 seconds or 1 second.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

(edited by Jelzouki.4128)

in PvP

Posted by: Fenda.1398

Fenda.1398

So its fine for the classes with the most sustain while being full zerker to have access to yet another damage preventing tool while thieves only have stealth? Mesmers can indeed lose some blind, especially since Blinding Dissipation is bugged and hits through evades. But Thieves? Really? Stealth is next to useless against enemies with long casts (Ranger, Necro) if you are using stealth in short durations but frequently or enemies with tons of AoE and / or cleave (Ele, Engi, Guardian, Warrior) as a defensive mechanic if you’re still within melee range – which you have to be if you want to use Backstab. Seriously, Thieves have to be a 100% ontop of their game to have a chance at survival. Survival! Killing their enemy is a complete different story in the current meta. If you strap access to Blind from Thieves, they are even more kitten and can’t compete at all because D/P is the last functional weapon set, sadly. I sued to play S/D but i just can’t justify it anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

you cant evade instant skills on purpose.. so it changes nothing if it can be evaded… it just needs to be gone from shatter skills period or single target at least with a 10s icd

in PvP

Posted by: Fenda.1398

Fenda.1398

Of course you can evade instant skills – if your opponent uses them during your evade, it simply misses. Like Steal, Mantras, Sic’Em, Signet of Shadows, Lightning Strike and so on. Blinding Dissipation and Bestial Warden (the trait that causes Taunt on Ranger F2) hit through evades and blocks because they’re bugged. Not a single skill any playable profession has hits through evades besides area denial AoEs like Static Field, Guardian’s ring and line of YouShallNotPass (forgot their names), Spectral Wall, Ring of Fire and so on. Anything else doing this is bugged – its not even listed as a skill fact, though thats nothing you can count on nowadays. Hitting through blocks is one thing, but hitting through invulnerabilities and evades is another.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

A small note, but Signet of Vampirism also hits you through Evades. That said, the debuf itself doesn’t do anything. It’s attacks following it that do.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

So its fine for the classes with the most sustain while being full zerker to have access to yet another damage preventing tool while thieves only have stealth? Mesmers can indeed lose some blind, especially since Blinding Dissipation is bugged and hits through evades. But Thieves? Really? Stealth is next to useless against enemies with long casts (Ranger, Necro) if you are using stealth in short durations but frequently or enemies with tons of AoE and / or cleave (Ele, Engi, Guardian, Warrior) as a defensive mechanic if you’re still within melee range – which you have to be if you want to use Backstab. Seriously, Thieves have to be a 100% ontop of their game to have a chance at survival. Survival! Killing their enemy is a complete different story in the current meta. If you strap access to Blind from Thieves, they are even more kitten and can’t compete at all because D/P is the last functional weapon set, sadly. I sued to play S/D but i just can’t justify it anymore.

Thats what interrupts and shadowsteps are for.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

let’s completely ignore the fact that classes like guardians and eles have multiple heals, protection, invuls and blocks….

thief doesn’t have any of that but hey let’s nerf them even more, the dead horse wasn’t kicked often enough

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

In essence, a thief is an assassin, if they shouldn’t have blinding abilities/tricks, then no profession should.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Thieves make sense with it (in some areas maybe too much bit overall, it’s in the right place).

Mesmer’s should NOT have blinds, really at all… Their whole game is confusing the enemies and dropping target and making clones, adding blind on top of that is both silly and doesn’t really fit the class.

Guardians deal with flashing lights, makes sense to have a few blinds. Could be toned down since they’re also the blockiest of blockies.

Elementalist really shouldn’t have many blinds. Blinding Ashes should hhave been a 10 sec ICD per target and add a little more offensive flavor to it.

That’s my feels on this whole situation. Thanks for listening friends.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Thieves make sense with it (in some areas maybe too much bit overall, it’s in the right place).

Mesmer’s should NOT have blinds, really at all… Their whole game is confusing the enemies and dropping target and making clones, adding blind on top of that is both silly and doesn’t really fit the class.

Guardians deal with flashing lights, makes sense to have a few blinds. Could be toned down since they’re also the blockiest of blockies.

Elementalist really shouldn’t have many blinds. Blinding Ashes should hhave been a 10 sec ICD per target and add a little more offensive flavor to it.

Okay if mesmers shouldn’t have blinds that means that any of our traits dealing with blinds need removed. However I also propose that:

Engis, Warriors, and Thieves should not get confusion in any skill or trait at all.
And warriors and thieves should not have torment, at all. I mean if we are being fair on which classes should and shouldn’t have things.
Thanks for listening.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Okay if mesmers shouldn’t have blinds that means that any of our traits dealing with blinds need removed. However I also propose that:

Engis, Warriors, and Thieves should not get confusion in any skill or trait at all.
And warriors and thieves should not have torment, at all. I mean if we are being fair on which classes should and shouldn’t have things.
Thanks for listening.

The funny part is, you think I’d disagree…

Engineer and warrior should have never gotten Confusion. It doesn’t really make sense, but they were grasping for new ways to spin the class (I’d imagine the same with blind on Mesmers and Ele). Problem is, it has lead to classes feeling watered down and not unique.

Now confusion, to me, makes sense on a thief. Sleight of hand tricks (not the trait, the concept) delusions and venoms fit that idea.

Thieves should not have torment.

Warriors, a bit of torment makes sense, not confusion.

So that’s where I stand on all of this. Classes are rapidly losing definition.

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I think ron has a pretty good handle on which conditions which classes would have.

I can see torment on the thief, but only from venoms (some venoms can be extremely painful after consumption). Torment on P/D 3 makes no sense. It shouldn’t even deal a DoT, IMHO.

The mesmer really has no flavor reason to have blinds, though.

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Leave blind alone, every class has its own training wheel. it is not our problem to get pigeonholed into something. “Options”

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

Leave blind alone, every class has its own training wheel. it is not our problem to get pigeonholed into something. “Options”

Blind needs to be toned down, it rewards too much for little effort

in PvP

Chapell.1346

It is a defensive mechanism against a Rampaging no brainer melee class. do i have to spoon feed you?

[Urge]

in PvP

Gambino.2109

That’s a really lame excuse, as if stealth or Moa tranform wasn’t good enough to deal with a simple threat like that.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

It is a defensive mechanism against a Rampaging no brainer melee class. do i have to spoon feed you?

One bad design doesn’t justify another. I think most of us are fairly positive Rampage has something coming for it…

in PvP

Chapell.1346

You misjudge me already, im not gonna cry and create a wall of text on how to balance and run things. and i know for sure when Rampage is coming specially in teamfights, make sure their defense mechanism is ready when i do my Attack stance.

[Urge]

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

You misjudge me already, im not gonna cry and create a wall of text on how to balance and run things. and i know for sure when Rampage is coming specially in teamfights, make sure their defense mechanism is ready when i do my Attack stance.

You didn’t read what I said. I said rampage has “something coming for it” not “you can tell when it’s coming”. As in, it’s likely going to get nerfed.

Hence, one bad design doesn’t justify another.

in PvP

Chapell.1346

You didn’t read what I said. I said rampage has “something coming for it” not “you can tell when it’s coming”. As in, it’s likely going to get nerfed.

Hence, one bad design doesn’t justify another.

My my, you dont understand. Rampage is fine if you cant manage rampage then im afraid to say it is a learn to play issue. my point is Blind condition is fine and running smoothly against burst like Rampage at least give them something useful when that happen, i will definitely drop that Blackpowder w/o hesitation. i do not know about them.

[Urge]

in PvP

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Seems like boon removal is the same way.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Thanks for listening.

The funny part is, you think I’d disagree…

Engineer and warrior should have never gotten Confusion. It doesn’t really make sense, but they were grasping for new ways to spin the class (I’d imagine the same with blind on Mesmers and Ele). Problem is, it has lead to classes feeling watered down and not unique.

Now confusion, to me, makes sense on a thief. Sleight of hand tricks (not the trait, the concept) delusions and venoms fit that idea.

Thieves should not have torment.

Warriors, a bit of torment makes sense, not confusion.

So that’s where I stand on all of this. Classes are rapidly losing definition.

I usually like to read what both of you say, but on this one, I have to agree with ronpierce. Wholeheartedly agree with the last line. I think mesmers (myself included) tend to be a bit oversensitive for being hardcountered for ages by thieves, who claim everything is fine, and our issues with them was merely a “l2p-issue”. It does tend to make you (me) a bit sensitive when it comes to loosing some defence.

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

let’s completely ignore the fact that classes like guardians and eles have multiple heals, protection, invuls and blocks….

thief doesn’t have any of that but hey let’s nerf them even more, the dead horse wasn’t kicked often enough

This.

I’ll be okay with less blinds after they do something about the over the top dps everyone and their mother has and the unfair base health pools as well as take a look at each profession’s defensive mechanics and balance them fairly across all the professions. Atm thief would not survive a second without blinds.

How do you burst down someone who has a higher health pool than you do or more heals and protection as well as blocks and invulnerability, consistent dps as opposed to your single target bursts and conditions that are over the top even without having to specifically trait for them? Why do people insist thief needs nerfs when in the current state of the profession you can barely kill anything aside from other thieves?

in PvP

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

This.

I’ll be okay with less blinds after they do something about the over the top dps everyone and their mother has and the unfair base health pools as well as take a look at each profession’s defensive mechanics and balance them fairly across all the professions. Atm thief would not survive a second without blinds.

How do you burst down someone who has a higher health pool than you do or more heals and protection as well as blocks and invulnerability, consistent dps as opposed to your single target bursts and conditions that are over the top even without having to specifically trait for them? Why do people insist thief needs nerfs when in the current state of the profession you can barely kill anything aside from other thieves?

including your own dps fine..

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Seriously, I understand that it’s somehow part of guardians class mechanic, and I even understand elementalists having it, but mesmers and thieves need to have a lot less of it..

Stopped reading after I read this.
Burst classes with MUCH less survivability should have LESS defensive mechanics and bunkers/bruisers need more? Ok.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

Seriously, I understand that it’s somehow part of guardians class mechanic, and I even understand elementalists having it, but mesmers and thieves need to have a lot less of it..

Burst classes with MUCH less survivability should have LESS defensive mechanics and bunkers/bruisers need more? Ok.

I never said they need more. I said what they have is fine. The fact of the matter is that thieves and mesmers can spam blinds and dazes. An ele and a guardian apply blinds but they can be avoided a lot easier, without outrageous damage.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

I never said they need more. I said what they have is fine. The fact of the matter is that thieves and mesmers can spam blinds and dazes. An ele and a guardian apply blinds but they can be avoided a lot easier, without outrageous damage.

Thief blinding is fine, since it costs alot of ini but I agree mesmer blinding (trait) is too much and should have an ICD, but thats all..

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

True, the blinds are a bit too much on mesmers and thieves with d/p but I wouldn’t remove all the blinds obviously just a slight nerf so that they dont spam randomly blinds on their catch-up(thief D/P 3) skill or their burst(mesmer F1)

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Mesmers can indeed lose some blind, especially since Blinding Dissipation is bugged and hits through evades..

You dont know what you’re talking about WE need it to survive more than guardians!
and bugged because you cant dodge it you are clearly not playing mesmer
You cannot dodge something which happens instantly
If you already were dodging before it hits then yes.
Squishy mesmer with limited healing is designed not to get hit guardians are not.

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

Mesmers can indeed lose some blind, especially since Blinding Dissipation is bugged and hits through evades..

You dont know what you’re talking about WE need it to survive more than guardians!
Squishy mesmer with limited healing is designed not to get hit guardians are not.

Mesmers most certainly do not need blinds. Mesmers have the most OP damage in the game coupled with your ports, your stealths, your moa, your blinds and your clones.

I think they can manage putting an icd on the trait because mesmer was still viable in the previous meta and mesmers have a lot of better utility than thieves now.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

When I grew up my mum raised me with candy only on saturdays

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Extreme.8350

Mesmers most certainly do not need blinds. Mesmers have the most OP damage in the game coupled with your ports, your stealths, your moa, your blinds and your clones.

I think they can manage putting an icd on the trait because mesmer was still viable in the previous meta and mesmers have a lot of better utility than thieves now.

The most BURST not DPS IF properly timed and what if i want to play something else more durable ? why should there be just 1 mesmer build.
Thieves were never taken for utility but mobility.
The mesmer damage is mostly ranged thats it, There are much stronger classes.
Rampage 2 shots however…

in PvP

runeblade.7514

Thanks for listening.

Losing condi dps that isn’t even viable at all for the ability to spam evade attacks without wasting dodge bars? Fair trade. Do it.

in PvP

Jelzouki.4128

The most BURST not DPS IF properly timed and what if i want to play something else more durable ? why should there be just 1 mesmer build.
Rampage 2 shots however…

Rampage is an elite skill that can be countered, you shouldn’t have even mentioned it because you basically just destroyed your credibility. Okay burst translates to DPS so I’m not sure what you’re getting at there. I can’t believe you think mesmer is in a good place right now! Literally everyone is complaining about them, even top tier players who compete in tournaments say they are too much! WHAT PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON GUY??

in PvP

Extreme.8350

Rampage 2 shots however…

Rampage is an elite skill that can be countered, you shouldn’t have even mentioned it because you basically just destroyed your credibility. Okay burst translates to DPS so I’m not sure what you’re getting at there. I can’t believe you think mesmer is in a good place right now! Literally everyone is complaining about them, even top tier players who compete in tournaments say they are too much! WHAT PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON GUY??

Mesmers can be countered Learn to stunlock.
Dosent matter what you use.
Can be mesmer or thief (only on squishy builds with limited stealth or necromancer.
Warrior is a really bad choice to counter mesmer i admit that.
All mesmers use blink so bait it and cc.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Necro can be countered Learn to stunlock.

Fixed

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

runeblade.7514

Rampage 2 shots however…

Can be mesmer or thief (only on squishy builds with limited stealth or necromancer.

How do I stunlock on a class that has Blink and stealth as stun breaks?

in PvP

Gambino.2109

Rampage 2 shots however…

How do I stunlock on a class that has Blink and stealth as stun breaks?

Don’t forget Staff 2 that some times magically places them on platforms waaaaay out of your reach.

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

1. Mesmer loses blind
2. Ele loses blind
3. Mesmer can no longer use mantras while stun/dazed/etc.

Start with that

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

1. Mesmer loses blind
2. Ele loses blind

Start with that

Than you defeat the purpose of the mantras. Instant cast=used while stunned. If we are going to do that all instant cast skills need to be unable to be used while stunned aside from stun breakers

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

1. Mesmer loses blind
2. Ele loses blind

Start with that

Than you defeat the purpose of the mantras. Instant cast=used while stunned. If we are going to do that all instant cast skills need to be unable to be used while stunned aside from stun breakers

That’s actually YOUR idea of purposes from mantras and/or instant skills. There are infact skill which are instant but cant be casted while CC’d..

in PvP

T raw.4658

1. Mesmer loses blind
2. Ele loses blind

Start with that

As it stands right now a mesmer EASILY beats a burst post stun due just insta stunning them before the pain comes.

It needs to be removed.

in PvP

Posted by: Situations.2416

Situations.2416

Have shatters blind on actually landing dmg on somebody , not just when or wherever you do a shatter skill OR put an ICD on it and fix it going through evades (which is every blind application not just shatter blinds) so when you dodge shatters, you’re able to dodge the blind portion of it. This would help alot with it currently.

Right now it’s just silly

Sers De Larasoz ~ Level 80 Elementalist ~ [CSR]

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

Seriously, I understand that it’s somehow part of guardians class mechanic, and I even understand elementalists having it, but mesmers and thieves need to have a lot less of it. They already have access to stealth and ports which a big defensive mechanic and the blinds just make the class even more faceroll than it needs to be. Especially since they have so much access to it. This would be a nerf in the right direction, put an ICD on the mesmer trait and make other thief builds more viable instead of ones that rely on spamming a condition such as blind.

???

thief is one of the least problematic professions in the game as well as the most skill intensive and people want it nerfed? wasn’t Black Powder’s blind output already cut down by 50%?

blinds are absolutely crucial to d/p thief and at the same time very costly, requiring smart, efficient use and punishing anything but. all of thief’s blinds are fairly easy to avoid with clearly broadcasted projectiles from both Shadow Shot and Black Powder. we can’t magically apply blinds passively like ele can with Blinding Ashes (which needs an ICD nerf badly) nor can we apply them instantly via AoE like mesmer with Blinding Dissipation (which also goes through evades/blocks/etc. and NEEDS an ICD). both blind skills are also initiative eaters, making spamming them very, very punishable.

you are essentially demanding our primary defensive mechanic be destroyed on a profession with only one viable weapon set left after our only other defensive mechanic (evasion) has been gutted.

at this point, anyone calling for a nerf to thief loses a lot of credibility, even more so coming from a profession with a build as strong as celestial signet necro.

in PvP

Chapell.1346

I am by no means against mesmers as long as Blinding Dissipation behave like Cloaked in Shadow, i am cool with the said trait. my advice is people need to stay out of his 240 radius if you are getting annoyed with Blind condition.

[Urge]

in PvP

sinject.4607

I am by no means against mesmers as long as Blinding Dissipation behave like Cloaked in Shadow, i am cool with the said trait. my advice is people need to stay out of his 240 radius if you are getting annoyed with Blind condition.

1. Cloaked in Shadow is a grandmaster trait, and deservedly so due to the strength of an AoE blind without an ICD. if you want Blinding Dissipation to behave like a GM trait then it needs to be made one, otherwise, an ICD is completely necessary. (please don’t try to argue that the on-fall portion of Cloaked in Shadows is what makes it GM worthy, that is the biggest joke of an excuse possible)

2. saying that the only way to fairly deal with a mechanic is to avoid an entire style of play (melee) is inadvertently admitting it’s in need of a nerf.

in PvP

Chapell.1346

1. Cloaked in Shadow is a grandmaster trait, and deservedly so due to the strength of an AoE blind without an ICD. if you want Blinding Dissipation to behave like a GM trait then it needs to be made one, otherwise, an ICD is completely necessary. (please don’t try to argue that the on-fall portion of Cloaked in Shadows is what makes it GM worthy, that is the biggest joke of an excuse possible)

You nailed it, now people will see the difference between Master and Grandmaster.

2. saying that the only way to fairly deal with a mechanic is to avoid an entire style of play (melee) is inadvertently admitting it’s in need of a nerf.

Range him to death, i heard ranger is currently at lowest of low tier lately.

[Urge]

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

There are infact skill which are instant but cant be casted while CC’d..

That’s a falsity. Anything that is truly instant cast can be cast while stunned regardless of being a stun-break or not.

Edit: To elaborate things like Overcharge Shot and Updraft may seem to be instant cast but have an after-cast that prevents them from casting other things during that time, and similarly prevents them from being cast during CC.

(edited by Narcarsis.5739)

in PvP

sinject.4607

You nailed it, now people will see the difference between Master and Grandmaster.

Range him to death, i heard ranger is currently at lowest of low tier lately.

anyone who thinks an on-fall mechanic has any reliable, practical use is completely beside themselves. on-fall traits are completely useless, even more so in sPvP.

also

most professions can’t range mesmer to death because mesmer will usually out damage them at range with GS, many of their attacks will get body-blocked by clones, and they can reliably out-kite most professions through stealth and mobility. the point of #2 was to state that any single mechanic that completely hardcounters an entire playstyle (like diamond skin does to conditions) is overpowered and poorly designed.

there is no getting around this, Blinding Dissipation (amongst many other mesmer mechanics) needs a nerf.

in PvP

T raw.4658

There are infact skill which are instant but cant be casted while CC’d..

That’s a falsity. Anything that is truly instant cast can be cast while stunned regardless of being a stun-break or not.

And it needs to change.

Even Steal….