Blocked players in queue

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Most people I’ve got blocked, I’ve got blocked for a good reason. I’d be really happy if it was made so that if I have someone blocked that he can not be put into queue with me.
I realize some people might not want this so you could put a tick box in the PvP menu to allow or ban blocked people from being put in the same queue as me.
What do you guys think about this?
EDIT: Please read the rest of the thread before thinking I’m blocking bad players or that I’m being triggerhappy ect.

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

Well from guessing you’re probably a sensitive person.
How about you tell us how many people you have blocked, and then we’ll give you a list of the players who play this game every day, and then we’ll explain why that idea doesn’t work.

Perhaps you could try being less sensitive, maybe quit instigating fights, or putting yourself in a situation that requires you to block people.

It’s pretty easy to not even respond to most of the people in this game, so perhaps start making the right decisions.

Dusty Dawg

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Lukas.7159

Lukas.7159

the problem is that the players with a long blocklist always think that the others are the bad persons

maybe you should think about improving your skilllevel so you dont get msg’d that often with a flame?

btw your idea would be an absolute disaster

like i could literally block every single person in hotm that i see except for people from, lets say, oRNG or TCG and i would only be Qed up with them..

StereoElectro & Dance On M D M A

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

I love how everyone immediately assumes that:
a) OP has a long block list
b) OP is unskilled on the grounds of having a long block list

I regularly have top points and several other top player awards when I play PvP (hotjoin and unranked), and I happen to have a lot of people on my block list. So many, actually, that I can’t remember all their names. It sounds like OP has a number of specific people (s)he really doesn’t want to play with… possibly because they are the ones to instigate fights, possibly because they are the kittenty player and blame the rest of the team.

I foresee too many problems with OP’s suggestion, but it’s extremely immature and uncalled for that everyone is making a number of scathing indictments against OP based on their own impressions of his/her motives. Grow up.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Bootsey.1605

Bootsey.1605

How about you tell us how many people you have blocked, and then we’ll give you a list of the players who play this game every day, and then we’ll explain why that idea doesn’t work.

Perhaps you could try being less sensitive, maybe quit instigating fights, or putting yourself in a situation that requires you to block people.

It’s pretty easy to not even respond to most of the people in this game, so perhaps start making the right decisions.

Or it could be the case that I find myself in. Fail to capture mid in Foefire, guy who’s been sitting on quarry for the last five minutes twaddling his thumbs exclaims, “@$!#ing worst god #$%! team I’ve ever @$!#ing seen. Go @$!#ing kill yourselves after you uninstall @#$!!% scrubs.”
To which I say “Hm….yep. Block list. Anyways. On with what I was doing.”

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Vladeemer.5076

Vladeemer.5076

I love how everyone immediately assumes that:
a) OP has a long block list
b) OP is unskilled on the grounds of having a long block list

I regularly have top points and several other top player awards when I play PvP (hotjoin and unranked), and I happen to have a lot of people on my block list. So many, actually, that I can’t remember all their names. It sounds like OP has a number of specific people (s)he really doesn’t want to play with… possibly because they are the ones to instigate fights, possibly because they are the kittenty player and blame the rest of the team.

I foresee too many problems with OP’s suggestion, but it’s extremely immature and uncalled for that everyone is making a number of scathing indictments against OP based on their own impressions of his/her motives. Grow up.

Yep on all counts.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

Thats dumb, the PvP community is already very small, imagine if you have 5 ppl of your rank in your block list, now imagine everyone has the same number, and the total amount of ppl that would give you a nice match balance is like 70, prolly the matchmaking would be forced to draw ppl of a lower/uper tier, the matches would be even more one sided that they already are, then you prolly adding more ppl to your block list and your queues get longer and longer. Overall pretty bad idea.

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Elia.7193

Elia.7193

So why you blocked those people? Is it just the occasional toxic guys on the map /whisper? Myself I don’t bother about them neither block anyone, by the next match I have even forgotten their names

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Jurica.1742

I do block some people who just randomly talk sh… but are actually the ones messing up and costing us the game, who doesn’t? I don’t mind getting those people.
If I get whispers its mostly ragers telling me to shut up when I’m trying to say stuff like regroup in base and push out or they rage at me for beating them and telling me I suck because they’re kittenhurt that I beat them, sometimes I just say something rude in a playful manner in my head and go on about my day, if I get those ragers in my following games I often go and focus them to make them rage harder or just troll them a bit.
My issue are people who I used to play with who ended up scamming me or turning into complete aholes towards me. Basically people who I completely lost all respect for and have no interest in seeing them there.
I don’t have many, I’ve got like 1-3 of that nature but I still somehow happen to get them every once in a while.
Provost pretty much summed it up. I understood that this was a very weird thing to ask for, I pretty much wanted to see if anyone agreed with me or if I was alone on this.

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Ideally it would work like this, at least as a preference system when matching players, but too small a player pool unfortunately. Amused by the first couple of replies to this thread – clearly trolls who would find themselves with nobody to play with.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I like this idea too and I do not have a long block list. Maybe 5 people.

All the ones claiming “sensitive” are probably the ones being blocked for being “kittens”

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I actually like this idea. I pretty much never use my block list save for gold spammers, but if someone were to be such an angry, intolerant piece of filth that I was forced to block them then I’d certainly never want to play with them again.

As for thinning out the community, this would only really hurt two kinds of people, both of which are a stark minority.

The sort who are so vile that they end up on a large number of blocked lists because they just can’t play nice with others.

And the sort who have massive block lists because they are trying to block every “noob” they come across.

Personally, I wouldn’t want either of these two on my team. The second one is their own worst enemy, ramping up their own queue times. It’d also give the community a way to punish people who ruin matches by going afk or feeding the enemy team kills because they are just waiting for the game to end.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yes it is quite obvious OP is unskilled and thus has a long block list.

I mean rage whispers from others that keep on going and going until they get blocked(otherwise they never stop) are signs of learning to play!

It’s impossible to imagine or even expect to be thrash talked and insulted via whispers as long as you play well. Especially from the enemy players.

I never ever heard of a scenario where some guy is mad about losing and as such whispers with offensive words.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

jbondo.9817

Or it could be the case that I find myself in. Fail to capture mid in Foefire, guy who’s been sitting on quarry for the last five minutes twaddling his thumbs exclaims, “@$!#ing worst god #$%! team I’ve ever @$!#ing seen. Go @$!#ing kill yourselves after you uninstall @#$!!% scrubs.”

So by this point you’ve blocked 50% of the player base in PvP? lol

Dusty Dawg

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Whats to just stop people from blocking lower skill players. I would be on all the good players block list, how would I get carried then?

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

People need to stop being so sensitive. This is literally one of the least toxic communities I’ve been a part of. If someone is whisper harassing then just send them a response of this:

:)

This will tick them off more than anything and you get a free laugh at their expense. Just move on after that, or keep sending a single smiley face reply if the whispers continue. I literally have nobody on my block list but gold sellers because it’s more fun to laugh at the ragers rather than be a delicate little butterfly and let their words hurt me.

Tl;dr thicken that skin up, get a free laugh at their expense instead

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

Whats to just stop people from blocking lower skill players. I would be on all the good players block list, how would I get carried then?

have you tried getting good?

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Most people I’ve got blocked, I’ve got blocked for a good reason. I’d be really happy if it was made so that if I have someone blocked that he can not be put into queue with me.
I realize some people might not want this so you could put a tick box in the PvP menu to allow or ban blocked people from being put in the same queue as me.

I have requested this before, too. When I block someone, I obviously have good reasons to do so, to the point of not wanting to play with the people of whom it is question. Not allowing me to do so, i.e. forcing me to play with players I don’t want to hear from, is disrespectful.

There are two points made against this by some members of the community:

• Rather than block rude people, grow some skin. Well, rather than being upset at being blocked, grow some skin as well. I don’t see why I’d have to put up with people who think that insulting others is normal, but are too hypocritical / immature to face the consequences of doing so (i.e. being blocked, and possibly reported). Looking back at history, we’d be well worse than we are now if insults (or any kind of hate for that matter) had been considered normal and accepted as such.
  • People would block noobs. People who’d block so-called “noobs” either overestimate themselves, or don’t understand that people get better in the game. I’d let them happily enjoy their delusions, until they’re isolated from the community by having blocked anyone in the range of their MMR. Also, while top players are definitely in a league of their own, I don’t think that the general playing level of GW2 is as high as some would want it to be.

Just my 2c.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Since apparently some people cannot relate because of reasons, I think I have to agree with them that it is a bad idea…

Alternatively I want harder punishments of those who involve themselves in BM-ing either the enemy or your team, since it is a form of match manipulation. Maybe a few weeks of not being able to allowed to come into HotM would serve them right

Or am I going overboard now?

Jurica is a hard working and honest PvP- er who happens to play Mesmer in a harsh enviroment… I can vouch for his honesty on the subject

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I’ve got a pile of haters because I play my Elementalist the way I want, and do it successfully. They do not like Condition Staff Diamond Skin. Sometimes, I do not want to play with some of them.

Alerie Despins

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Jurica.1742

I still feel like it isn’t clear here that I don’t block without a good reason. Granted a lot of people are a bit triggerhappy on the block and I understand you guys from that perspective, but as someone else said – people who’ve got so many actual players on their block list for no reason will be working against themselves.

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

The worst BMers are usually terrible players, often with a deluded sense of their own mmr. Like the engi who rushes far and gets ganked in >30 seconds, then blames the team because he was 1v2, or the fresh air ele who can’t kite for **** and blames team for his constant downstate.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Does seem rather ripe for abuse given how small the PvP community of GW2 is. I have seen selective matchmaking based on player reports/rep work well with other games with all the worst offenders ending up playing with each other, effectively quarantining them from the rest of the community. The abuse in GW2 is quite tame compared to those other games though.

Pro tip: before you add someone to your block list it’s always a good idea to simply call them out for their behaviour. I’ve managed to get a bunch of people to apologise to me by just making them understand why their behaviour is unacceptable. It’s amusing and you’d be surprised by how many people bend to your will

Gandara

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

have you tried getting good?

Its easier to mash buttons and get carried, and if you’re too heavy to carry just blame other factors. My favorites are, lag, other team is hacking, someone on my team is actually worst then me(rare but happens).

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

If I get whispers its mostly ragers telling me to shut up when I’m trying to say stuff like regroup in base and push out …

Yeah this doesn’t happen. The only someone responds negatively towards innocent requests like “Regroup in base” is when its followed by some not-so-innocent words, like “Regroup in base you idiots” Now, you wouldn’t happen to have done something like that, would you have?

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

I’m going to help you solve all your problems right now.

Hide your chat.

Just hide it. Open another chat tab, open combat log, anything. Just hide the chat and communicate through map pings and good gameplay. And then when you’re about to log off for the day, open chat and read it for giggles. Or not.

All your problems will be solved 100% with this tip.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

If you want to start being able to block scrubs out of your team in this pvp playerbase you’ll probably gonna end up playing alone…since 90% of ppl in pvp have totally no idea bout wtf are they doing (Aside from pve achievements ofc)

I mean…come on, just look at average forum’s user and you gonna get an idea…

Ark 2nd Account

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.6819

Dave.6819

+11111111 for sure. some people just has to get blocked even if you are silent and really putting all of your effort. they just still sit at far/close while spammin nonsence in chat and giving nothing positive to your team.

but ya .. overall my advice is to just stay silent. dont get into arguments with such people. just block -> carry on.

Thief prof. really needs your attention
#dyingbreed

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

Yeah this feature wouldnt work. People block other people all the time, the queue times would be insane.

Even if they made it to where you wouldnt be on the same team, it would still send queue times through the roof.

While in your mind I’m sure you take first priority than the person you have blocked, that wont be in the programming of it. Its just not realistic.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I take it you get blocked a lot and are worried that you’d have no one to play with if they implemented the OPs idea.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

I take it you get blocked a lot and are worried that you’d have no one to play with if they implemented the OPs idea.

You fail to realize that if this was implemented nobody would have people to play with. Player better than you? Block him. Your team losing to another team? Block them. Somebody called you a name? Block them. Somebody raging in chat? Block them

Well dang, there goes the entire community matchmaking…

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Matchmaking attempts to put together players of similar strength. Blocking people because of their level is thus an abuse, a long-term match manipulation, and doing so would mechanically have you isolated (an obvious consequence):

• One’s assessment of a player’s strength is biased, and possibly strongly biased when one is actually weaker than one thinks (a common occurrence).
  • A player’s strength varies over time. Weak players become stronger. Blocking “noobs” or “stars” would simply remove future potential opponents.

Blocking people for their behaviors, and not their game level, is another story. According to many in the forums, the community is not that toxic, so one would not block too many players, and still have people to play with. And of course, if the community is more toxic than people want to acknowledge, then one would be better off not playing at all and let the whole thing die.

“Growing thicker skin”, i.e. tolerating hate, is not a sign of courage or wisdom. It’s actually the opposite.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

jbondo.9817

“Growing thicker skin”, i.e. tolerating hate, is not a sign of courage or wisdom. It’s actually the opposite.

I’d say in a video game where ANYONE is allowed to play, and ANYONE is allowed to state how they feel or say the most absurd things (welcome to the internet) than I think you should ‘grow thicker skin’. It’s not a sign of courage or wisdom sure, but this is the internet.

Dusty Dawg

(edited by jbondo.9817)

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It could and would get abused. Don’t want to play against person X because they keep beating you? Just block them.

Block and report bad behavior. Let A-net decide what they want to do.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Yeah this feature wouldnt work. People block other people all the time, the queue times would be insane.

Even if they made it to where you wouldnt be on the same team, it would still send queue times through the roof.

While in your mind I’m sure you take first priority than the person you have blocked, that wont be in the programming of it. Its just not realistic.

The people going around blocking everyone for any reason would just isolate themselves. The people like myself who only use the block system as a last resort wouldn’t be effected.

As I said, the only people with dramatically higher queue times would be the people trying to abuse the system to get into higher tier groups than they deserve, which will only be hurting themselves, and people who are so toxic they end up on a large number of block lists.

Your scenario only occurs if the majority of the community are toxic and petty players. From my experience it’s quite the opposite. GW2 has a pretty chill community with a few bad eggs that pop up occasionally.

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Zoricus.2439

Zoricus.2439

It could and would get abused. Don’t want to play against person X because they keep beating you? Just block them.

I don’t have a problem playing against blocked players at all. By blocking them I no longer have to listen to their stupidity or trash talk. No use bothering to report them either. Unless its some extreme case I doubt they would take any action or send some kind of reprimand.

Oddly enough some of the worst trash talking offenders have posted in this thread, some of them have resided on my blocked list for quite a long time….

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

When gold sellers PM me, I’d send a party invite and ask if they could join my team and carry me. No response. Rooooood. BLOCKED

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I don’t have a problem playing against blocked players at all. By blocking them I no longer have to listen to their stupidity or trash talk. No use bothering to report them either. Unless its some extreme case I doubt they would take any action or send some kind of reprimand.

Oddly enough some of the worst trash talking offenders have posted in this thread, some of them have resided on my blocked list for quite a long time….

I’m sure it depends on what they’ve said and how many people have reported them.

If you have a serious problem with a player and want to make sure it gets attention you could put it in a support ticket report.

Giving players the ability to blacklist others from their games is giving out way too much power.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Jurica.1742

I just read Turks post here, didn’t notice it before.
I don’t insult. I do use the words stupid ect sometimes but always in the context of like ’don’t go 1v3, thats a stupid thing to do because you will die for sure’ or sometimes I say ‘come on guys, focus a bit, lets win this’ which could be taken as an insult but really isn’t. Lately I just ping the map and ignore the chat mostly and sometimes give heads up like if I die because guardian didn’t cleanse me from something alike thief poison and had the virtue I say in chat like ‘Hey [playername], you had the virtue, you shoulda cleansed me, then I wouldn’t die’ or stuff like that. Of course I’m not always like that, sometimes I do lose it and start insulting but it happened like 10 times since launch.
Maybe I do insult more, I don’t know. I think I’m pretty polite normally.
I think it would be good that you could like block a max of 2-5 people out of your games and give us a special block list for that.

Pineapples rule

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Matchmaking attempts to put together players of similar strength. Blocking people because of their level is thus an abuse, a long-term match manipulation, and doing so would mechanically have you isolated (an obvious consequence):

• One’s assessment of a player’s strength is biased, and possibly strongly biased when one is actually weaker than one thinks (a common occurrence).
  • A player’s strength varies over time. Weak players become stronger. Blocking “noobs” or “stars” would simply remove future potential opponents.

Blocking people for their behaviors, and not their game level, is another story. According to many in the forums, the community is not that toxic, so one would not block too many players, and still have people to play with. And of course, if the community is more toxic than people want to acknowledge, then one would be better off not playing at all and let the whole thing die.

Your definition of what constitutes hate and harassment may be different then my definition at least some of the time or A-net’s. A common mistake of people is to think what they think is the gold standard or 100% definition of something. For me, and I am only saying for me, for me to consider something “hateful” it has to be fairly serious. To me anything but constant hectoring and profanity laced tirades is ok with me (by ok I mean not a banning offense). I have no clue what A-nets definiton is but I suspect they err on the side of caution and being lenient. Block is there to used. If someone is profane and badgering report them because they will in fact eventually be banned if it is bad enough A-net does sometimes do it. However, if stuff like someone calling other people noobs occasionally in team or map chat or making one off comments that aren’t repetitive badgering and do not contain expletives bothers you that much then yes you need to get thicker skin. That will happen in any competitve setting on occasion and A-net knows it.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

Blocked players in queue

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

I do not believe this will be a good idea….

“I’d be really happy if it was made so that if I have someone blocked that he can not be put into queue with me.”

If I’d want a guaranteed easy win, i’d just block everyone in the top 500 in the leader boards as well as any streamer or any known hardcore PvP’rs.

You may think this is far fetched or stupid, but there will be quite a few people who will do this to have an easy breeze for their Dragon or their reward track rewards.

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood