Bowing out

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone – makes me happy to see that my work hasn’t gone unnoticed!

Probably over a year ago, I suggested a system to mark posts as “read” by developers/ArenaNet folks, so that we could have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that our ideas, comments, suggestions, and complaints were actually being seen by someone at the company. I said it didn’t really matter whether or not the ideas were implemented, and that the point was to let us know we had been heard; whether or not the idea held merit or was feasible, we could know that you were aware of it and that we wouldn’t have to keep saying the same things over and over, drowning each other’s suggestions in a constant, overwhelming torrent.

You replied to my post. Clearly, my idea wasn’t implemented (along with quite a long forum-related wish list, I’m sure), but that didn’t matter to me. You let me know that I was heard, and that my idea had at least been considered by someone at the company. Which, of course, was the whole point of my suggestion.

I still remember that, and I remember the sense of gratitude I felt at having been acknowledged. You’ve held a special place in my heart ever since, and you’ll be missed.

Aww, that’s super sweet.

I know we can’t always fulfill all the requests we get from our players, but we do the best we can to!

It makes me super happy to know that you are understanding of that, and the work we do put in to recognize your efforts. Thanks for sharing!

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

meh

15chars

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

Thank you Allie for your tireless effort. It’s been a great privilege to see you progress through the studio and I’m sure that you are going on to even greater things.

Have a good time and come back Evan just to keep an eye on us

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Thurbleton.5841

Thurbleton.5841

Best of luck to you and to whomever takes over in the control room of the stream show. Really nice work connecting the fans to the makers.

WTB Keg Brawl in Custom PVP → Key Brawl Tourneys!

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I’m confident that the team can handle things once I’m gone.

Oh dear…..ohhhhh dear, oh dear, oh dear…that sounds as if things were already being handled up to this point.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

GASP noooo! Just when you were starting to be recognized as the goddess you’ve always been.

Good luck though and keep in touch!

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

Allieeee, you were incredibly helpful during PAX! You go the extra mile in everything you do and I’m sure you will be greatly missed by your colleagues at Anet as well as the GW2 community because of that fact. I’m excited for you and your career though! Don’t be a stranger! -Nick

Neglekt

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Congratulations Allie on the job. Hopefully we get someone new who is as active as you. I liked how you were active on the forums and I also liked that you were more human than some of the anet posters which gained you respect in the community imo (you often gave honest response and admitted when you didn’t know something). So I think it is a shame anet is losing another good member of the team. It is also worrying for the game as turn over of staff is never good for business and usually reflects issues within the company.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Sir Arthur.8905

Sir Arthur.8905

Grats! gl, hf, and thanks for everything!

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

Very sad to see you go, btw i’m still waiting for my tacos.

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

I thought the captain leaves the sinking ship last. Kind of ironic that we, the rats are still here though.

Wish you all the best, Allie.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

Well, good luck love, I hope your happy where you end up at.
Best of wishes.

I am curious who would be taking over your position as Community Coordinator, if anyone at this point. Kind hope it’s Rubi Bayer, I think she is a hard working and down to earth individual. We used to be in the same guild once back in Guild Wars, she knows her stuff, and shes a great writer to boot.
I’d like to see her more often on the forums. I enjoy having her around.

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

First Tyler, now allie, Grouch might be next but when Lord Lesh leaves its all over man its over.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I do hate this whole “sinking ship” feeling GW2 has lately. Getting flashbacks from when CoH up and asploded.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Good luck Allie

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: DoYourBestBear.6810

DoYourBestBear.6810

The ship starting sinking once Izzy was no longer our balance guru.

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

o.o

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Smiter%27s_Boon_

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Gwylen.3462

Gwylen.3462

Very sad to see you go, you did some really great work encouraging constructive feedback and were always super responsive to questions, but onwards and upwards!
Huge congrats on the new job! and best of luck, we’ll miss you!

Gwylen (Aurora Glade [EU])

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharGwyl

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Fraelin.7409

Fraelin.7409

All the best for the future Allie.

What will happen to all the old Gem prize emails that haven’t been sent yet?

Also, any hints on who will be taking over your role?

[CM]Cheese Mode Fraelina

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

all the best for you Allie.

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: DoYourBestBear.6810

DoYourBestBear.6810

o.o

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Smiter%27s_Boon_

You realize how good that skill was in all game types?

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Unlocking the ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ thread would be an awesome goodbye gift.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Hey Allie wanna go out on a date?

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

Unlocking the ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ thread would be an awesome goodbye gift.

Oh I didn’t even know it got locked. Anyway good luck in your new position Allie, your input into this game will be forever missed.

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

It is good that you realized PvP isn’t going anywhere and isn’t going anywhere in the coming years. So it’s a good carreer move to go do something else. As for the game, the weak PvP team just got even weaker. Unless Allie gets a good replacement. Anyway, good luck Allie, see you around.

PS: Before you leave ANET can you unlock lost gf cuz of ladderboards thread?

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

This thread is starting to read like a memorial wall.

Seeya Allie, good luck with things

Phaatonn, London UK

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Richy Lao.8346

Richy Lao.8346

good luck with your new job Allie. You did a great job. Could we have a new title in game before you go ==> Slayer as Allie

I hope you reached at least rank 20!!

Cheers!

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

This thread is also high lighting the childishness of some of the pvp community… #ifyoucan’tsayanythingnice…

Best of luck Allie, that other place looks cool. Artwork is sweet, kinda reminds me of Mark of Kri a bit. All the best in your new endeavors.

Sanctum of Rall

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

If Izzy was still our “balance guru”, Warriors would be even more OP than they already are.

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Sorry to see you go Allie…

We had our disagreements :P but you play a very important roll and I’m grateful for all you did for us.
Good luck in your new job!

I wish you all the best.

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

This thread is also high lighting the childishness of some of the pvp community… #ifyoucan’tsayanythingnice…

Best of luck Allie, that other place looks cool. Artwork is sweet, kinda reminds me of Mark of Kri a bit. All the best in your new endeavors.

This is no better than calling someone childish #learntotakeyourownadvice

Bowing out

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Who is the new community coordinator?

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Are you seriously trying to equate being a kitten by posting petty and childish comments in a good bye thread from an employee to calling people out on it?

#datlogic

But I guess getting into a stupid internet argument in it ain’t much better, so…

#pmmeifyouwant

Sanctum of Rall

Bowing out

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Are you seriously trying to equate being a kitten by posting petty and childish comments in a good bye thread from an employee to calling people out on it?

#datlogic

But I guess getting into a stupid internet argument in it ain’t much better, so…

#pmmeifyouwant

You said, “#ifyoucan’tsaysomethingnice…” I don’t consider calling people childish as saying something nice, so you really shouldn’t have said anything at all.

#caseandpoint
#shouldreallytakeyourownadvice

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Good luck and have fun(that’s important) in new job!

Also please do post in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/class-pie-chart

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Thanks all the work you’ve done, Allie!

Good luck with your career!

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

I know we can’t always fulfill all the requests we get from our players, but we do the best we can to!

Some things can’t be fullfilled sure, but there are things that are essential and HAVE to be, yet are ignored, like that broken imitation of search box.

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Will Allie buy an account and play with us as a normal mortal player?

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Who is the new community coordinator?

Dunkoro.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

Does this mean I can get in on that shoutcasting now?

lmao

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

all the best Allie !!!

take care !!!

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Will Allie buy an account and play with us as a normal mortal player?

She already have an account, which she plays on.
The ArenaNet accounts on the live servers are basically the same as the user-made account, they just have access to the ArenaNet guild.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

you ll be back…

action combat made mmos better lol

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Moey.6931

Moey.6931

do i still get HUGS?
congradulations on ur new job

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

you ll be back…

Are you sure?

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Final Fantasy XIV… Not what I expected.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Good luck in your new job

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Allie.9268

Allie.9268

Yes – I do have an account, and I will be playing as a normal player, gasp!

Bear – I was open to you being a shoutcaster until you badmouthed one of the most active and helpful members of the GW2 PvP community. I also thought that it was strangely coincidental that after I confronted you about it, a known acquaintance of yours published an adorable video also badmouthing that person and praising you.

Do GW2 shoutcasters need improvement? I don’t think anyone is denying that. Even professional shoutcasters that get paid to do what they do need improvement. You have to give them some credit though – GW2 is not easy to read as a spectator, even as a top 100 QP player.

Sorry, but if you truly wanted to “help the community” as you claimed, you could have at least acted like you would be polite to those putting in a real effort to do the same. I won’t deny that your casts were enjoyable, in an aggro-pvper kind of way, which is why I was open to it in the first place.

If ArenaNet decides to bring you into the program, more power to them. I think you would add a lot of flavor to the team, but I do hope that you learn to treat your peers with some respect.

Back on track – I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the well wishes. It’s meant a lot to see the comments, even from those that didn’t always agree with me in this thread. I will sincerely cherish the time I’ve had on the ArenaNet team and with you all.

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

did you use the GW2 forums as a resume? something tells me that would be a good resume

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Bowing out

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowfall.6543

Shadowfall.6543

Allie,

Good luck on your new position. I was so thrilled when you opened up the Ranger CDI and the feedback you gave to the community. I hope ArenaNet can keep your momentum.