Bunker engi is so OP/lame

in PvP

Posted by: BlinkTwice.7932

BlinkTwice.7932

I run an annoying bunker build without AR. I do so well because of the practice and timing and skill it actually takes to run the build. Like Rayn said. A Smart player can 2v1 my build and I die reasonably fast.
My only gripe about threads like this is that hardly any engie build is as viable or even as valued as othe classes’ builds. I shouldnt be forced by meta to make a damage build if i dont want to. Bunker engie is fun and the way Anet nerfs things it wont be a simple nerf, Its gonna hurt the whole build if they actually consider it.
I understand there are few engies that may bomb spam, but those guys usually die 3v1.
To use this build with skill takes patience/practice/timing. Utilizing Smoke bomb, Glue bomb and static shot to keep damage off of you from usually any range. Using Elixir bomb as a backup heal and blast finish for retaliation etc. None of anything I do is, button mashing or easy. It takes skill and its annoying that this “OP” build is from the least played class in the game…Real Op =\

lvl 80 Bunker Engi Brooke Allana

in PvP

Posted by: FlamingForce.6389

FlamingForce.6389

To OP

Try power necro with 2 wells and corrupt boon, Engi will drop down real fast :P

Yeh but I will be dead to everyone else long before that

Oh no, actual risk/reward and strategy, RUN!

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Bunker engi is lame? I guess that’s because you can’t just mindlessly spam condis on them and have to condi burst them at around 30% life…you know AR doesn’t cleanse existing condis right?
Also, Diamond Skin works above 90% (or 85%?) life, that is a whopping 1.5k life to remove. Clearly OP.

You seen how much direct damage necro scepter does, or how necro staff never ever hits anything? That 1.5k might as well be 100k health. I will lose to ANY ele – even a rank 10 noob – if they run diamond skin after the patch. Is that fun? I thought skill was meant to matter and not just masses of passive traits.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

LOL, same necro that was kittening about Automated Response. BRB, grabbing popcorn…

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

I am more inclined to give him some respect, given he’s in the top 50 on both LB in EU.

I think full condi builds are only going to be viable in team fights after Dec. 10, both Eles and Warriors are going to be too strong against Condis 1v1. Diamond Skin + Rock Solid + Ether Renewal resets the fight whenever the Ele wants vs. Condis, and we all know how easily Warriors deal with Condi builds.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I am more inclined to give him some respect, given he’s in the top 50 on both LB in EU.

I think full condi builds are only going to be viable in team fights after Dec. 10, both Eles and Warriors are going to be too strong against Condis 1v1. Diamond Skin + Rock Solid + Ether Renewal resets the fight whenever the Ele wants vs. Condis, and we all know how easily Warriors deal with Condi builds.

Thanks, I actually have 3 accounts in the top 20 of the soloq :P. Regardless though, I agree with your assessment unfortunately.

in PvP

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

My comment wasn’t commenting on his gameplay. He may be the best player of all time. It’s just that I’ve seen similar threads started by the same individual…quite a few of them…and it always turns to hell.

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

But hes right. Giving untemporary condition immunity by traits like Diamond Skin/AR is just plain bad design.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Why is it any more of a bad design than the condi-heavy meta? Stuff like DS and AR force the meta away from condi.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Make bunker engi – duel decent necro + decent thief/war = gg

srsly if u think its extremely good just try it vs top teams if they are smart they can
a) kill you with 2 ppl reasonably fast (as long as one of them is condi – just like you counter bunker guard with condi as well..) or b) know how to counter using certain classes / builds

try it

you will see

edit: works really well against noobs who dont know how to react though!

wait wait wait…. you are actually saying that you need 2 competent ppl to kill 1 engi…?
isn’t is unbalanced? if you need 2 ppl to kill 1 engi meaning engi equals 2 people, meaning w/e team has bunker engi has actually 6 ppl…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Why is it any more of a bad design than the condi-heavy meta? Stuff like DS and AR force the meta away from condi.

Because it sucks to get into a 1on1´s where you know that you wont have any chance to kill your opponent, no matter how good you play.
There´s a spec for every proffession everyones having a very tough time against(i.e. Hamwar-Necro), that is ok. But its just getting stupid if there´s literally no way to win the fight if your opponent isnt afk/braindead.

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Duke is right I agree here..
the reward for playing such an engineer in connection with no risk at all since (you can easily tank up to 2 people for a longer time) is not intended I hope and should be changed

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Well, at first I thought this was a thread about actual full-bunker engineers, which confused me since no one really runs them. But I think it’s really just about AR, so that’s no problem, we can nerf that definitely without harming fun, creative engineer builds.

I’d also recommend toning down some necro condi flips or consume conditions, since apart from AR condi necro hardcounters condi engineer. Since we are talking about reducing hardcounters in general, which I am all for, it would only make sense.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Well, at first I thought this was a thread about actual full-bunker engineers, which confused me since no one really runs them. But I think it’s really just about AR, so that’s no problem, we can nerf that definitely without harming fun, creative engineer builds.

I’d also recommend toning down some necro condi flips or consume conditions, since apart from AR condi necro hardcounters condi engineer. Since we are talking about reducing hardcounters in general, which I am all for, it would only make sense.

A settler’s engi is a bunker engi. If you run with toolkit-flamthrower-elixir C you’re a beast which can’t be nuked in any way, especially since you take so little damage when CCed ( that is the perfect time to spike) that you can’t really be brought down. Once you get low, you only take damage via power ( which can be easily blocked-dodged) and are up again to heal and facetank.

Bunker engi is really strong, really really strong as a side point assaulter.

Actually even better than the already semi-OP bomb engi.

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

But hes right. Giving untemporary condition immunity by traits like Diamond Skin/AR is just plain bad design.

You mean having traits that forces teams to have a balanced composition instead of a burst only/condi only setup?

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Having traits that means you have to specifically have 1 of each to deal with 1 guys trait is annoying. If there was a trait that gave power invulnerability under 20% the game would come to a halt…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Relentless.7023

Relentless.7023

I think they want to push people away from full condi and toward Carrion or Rampager type builds or build power into the condi build instead of more condi damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

bunkerk engi’s op as hell.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

the reward for playing such an engineer in connection with no risk at all since (you can easily tank up to 2 people for a longer time) is not intended I hope and should be changed

While the build is far to tanky and mobile for its dmg output…..its still a lot harder to play well than playing necro. And i played necro as main for ages (yes i like to faceroll at times).

Necro is the type of class that in my eyes gives GW2 a bad name (along with spirit ranger for example). If people talk about GW2 being a simple 5 button game, they talk about classes like that. If they talk about the fact that they quit since it was too simple….in most cases they played a class like that.

So to me its quite comical that someone complains about a class/spec being faceroll while playing one of the easiest pvp classes in the history of MMOs.

And yes i agree that AR should be looked at. I would change it to something like – 50% condi duration under 40% health or something like that. Total immunity is just far to good, even if there are ways to bypass it.

in PvP

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

All bunkers are lame. Damage should be always > tank. It is obvious it is how all normal games balanced. It should be impossible to spam skills and stay alive forever.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

condi immunity is great, so much counterplay

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

ezd.6359

This game has terrible balance. Devs nerf extreme builds that require precision with good potential but with many weak sides and buf faceroll zoo point blank spam skills builds that require no skill, let people make 1000 mistakes and still win duels while they dont even touch his enemy lol.

(edited by ezd.6359)

in PvP

ezd.6359

Two days after some months of break. I fed enough of “immune to everything with big damage” warriors, “miss all skills but unkillable rangers”, “i will not do anything, but i will stay here forever guardians” etc etc. So lame. This game had better balance at start, and much worse now.

Arena.net, you can forget about esport with such approach to balance.

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

A settler’s engi is a bunker engi. If you run with toolkit-flamthrower-elixir C you’re a beast which can’t be nuked in any way, especially since you take so little damage when CCed ( that is the perfect time to spike) that you can’t really be brought down. Once you get low, you only take damage via power ( which can be easily blocked-dodged) and are up again to heal and facetank.

Maybe. I’d find it odd to take settler’s without any skills that heal, but to each his own.

I was just trying to say that the entire thread is really focused on AR—no one has a problem with toolkit block or flamethrower. And as I said, I’m fine with nerfing AR on point assault builds or any other kind of build. It’s just not what I thought the thread was about.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Maybe. I’d find it odd to take settler’s without any skills that heal, but to each his own.

I was just trying to say that the entire thread is really focused on AR—no one has a problem with toolkit block or flamethrower. And as I said, I’m fine with nerfing AR on point assault builds or any other kind of build. It’s just not what I thought the thread was about.

But you have your heals.

Healing turret with blast finishing is one of the best HPS in game ( the best if we do not account 3 clones on Ether Feast or 5+ condies with Consume Conditions).

Healing Turret toolbelt skill grants regen ( every 20secs) and is a water field which can be blast ( and you have 1 always available with shield 4).

Add this to a 3 secs block every 16 secs, shield 5 blocking, flamethrower CCs, shield CCs and magnet pull and you have a beast decapper which won’t be killed 1vs1 by anything.

If there’re 2 power builds they’ll just scratch him. You need a necro+thief in order to proficiently kill him, and NOT in a reasonable amount of time, especially if they run with melandru runes.

Basically i told you my whole build, try it with energy sigils and feel the brokeness.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I think I can cut engies to pieces as a warrior, without other cc than bolas and Pin Down. Immobilize is the engi’s nightmare.

Honestly I never met an engi able to whitstand that long.

Wait… isn’t that what also bunker guardian is supposed to do? IMHO engi is not tougher than a guardian. He has more hps, but less blocks. And bomb builds are not the bunkiest.

It isn’t said he can’t be killed by 2 people: 2 people will easily kill him. The problem is the time they need to do that. The same can be said for all bunkers: you need either one person that for one reason or the other can kill one type of bunker fast (conditioners against guardians, spiky classes against engis) or you need a roamer who can do that with the help of someone else.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

(edited by redslion.9675)

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

But you have your heals.

Healing turret with blast finishing is one of the best HPS in game ( the best if we do not account 3 clones on Ether Feast or 5+ condies with Consume Conditions).

Healing Turret toolbelt skill grants regen ( every 20secs) and is a water field which can be blast ( and you have 1 always available with shield 4).

Add this to a 3 secs block every 16 secs, shield 5 blocking, flamethrower CCs, shield CCs and magnet pull and you have a beast decapper which won’t be killed 1vs1 by anything.

If there’re 2 power builds they’ll just scratch him. You need a necro+thief in order to proficiently kill him, and NOT in a reasonable amount of time, especially if they run with melandru runes.

Basically i told you my whole build, try it with energy sigils and feel the brokeness.

I think I’ll stick to my builds, but if it works for you, that’s great! I’ve never seen anyone run a flamethrower/toolkit settler’s decapper. Actually have you tried it with soldier’s and rifle? Rifle is much better at decapping, I honestly don’t think you’d notice the lower healing power affecting only your HT/regen, your leap finisher will heal you on a lower cooldown than magnetic inversion, and you’d put out a ton more damage (your burns tick for ~350 instead of ~500 and of course your direct damage will skyrocket). Plus your 25% health threshold would be higher.

That’s the great thing about engineers, there’s so much possibility for theorycrafting and build variety. Yes, energy sigils + perma vigor is ridiculous, so it’s a good thing that’s already getting nerfed on the 10th.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

But you have your heals.

I think I’ll stick to my builds, but if it works for you, that’s great! I’ve never seen anyone run a flamethrower/toolkit settler’s decapper. Actually have you tried it with soldier’s and rifle? Rifle is much better at decapping, I honestly don’t think you’d notice the lower healing power affecting only your HT/regen, your leap finisher will heal you on a lower cooldown than magnetic inversion, and you’d put out a ton more damage (your burns tick for ~350 instead of ~500 and of course your direct damage will skyrocket). Plus your 25% health threshold would be higher.

That’s the great thing about engineers, there’s so much possibility for theorycrafting and build variety. Yes, energy sigils + perma vigor is ridiculous, so it’s a good thing that’s already getting nerfed on the 10th.

But i do not want more damage, my build is solely focused on CCing out of the point and surviving ( something hardly achievable without tool kit and tool kit trait).

Shield gives you plenty of defensive options you would lose with rifle, plus you would lose pistol blinds.

Damage is decent already, plus it’s condi damage. CCs are all AoE ( forcing even 2-3 people out of the point if you time them well) and healing is decent thanks to points spent in inventions.

That’s basically an all-in-one build focused on bunkering: it’s basically like an off-point guardian with more survivability, CCs, mobility and damage, but less group support.

Natural role → decapper.

Builds such this create huge imbalances, if you do not bring multiple source of damage ( DD and condi) this build won’t go down even when focused by 2 players.

Altough this is sintomatic of the fact that there’s no more enough damage in the game ( aside condies, countered by AR alone).

Devs should think about the reason why such builds are now viable: in the past running such kind of engies would have been crazy.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

In general every trait that gives completely immunity to something is not a good design, i think these traits should have an ICD.

But the main problem with bunker engi is his kb/kd quantity, i mean other classes can CC lock a target (warrior/necro) but engi has a lot of kb/kd so it’s very easy decap fast a point in a conquest mode.

In general i’ll insert a little immunity after every CC because in this game CC >> breakstun/stab duration for many match up.

in PvP

Posted by: Equinox.1025

Equinox.1025

How does the build look like ? p/s for 1 knockback. Vigor and immue condi means 30 points in Alchemy. So it is like 0/0/20/30/20.
Utility is tool kit for additional block. A stunbreaker is for sure taken. And last slot FT for knockback?

Really its this the base build? coz I run that like 6 months ago and its a good solo bunker but no OP coz any good power build player can kill you 1v1 but well right now meta its condi builds them I suppose its OP now XD

(edited by Equinox.1025)

in PvP

Posted by: BlinkTwice.7932

BlinkTwice.7932

Apparently its the bomb build like the one i run that apparently is OP. Its funny because I hear all the time while im playing Bunker engi sucks/isnt viable/ etc then i see stuff like the OP. I honestly made this build because its the most fun i have with Engie considering it Does take the most thought and effort to play. And no i dont mean against bad players. Being in a 2v1 with good players is tough and takes thought and skill. MAybe If Anet gave Engie’s a clue about what our core purpose is, we could help make suggestions to get there because as of this point. Engies are either Too powerful(and underplayed) Too weak(still underplayed) or Too tanky(Still underplayed) Only okay as a profession(underplayed). Atm only like 2 builds are even viable and its sad because nothing else works in conjunction with eachother. I made a bunker to be different(apparently that didnt last long)

lvl 80 Bunker Engi Brooke Allana

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

Serious build question because I love theorycrafting engineer builds. You’re going for full survivability but with no healing outside healing turret. Do you take backpack regenerator or vigor? I can see going no vigor if you use sigil of energy. But either way, it feels like a major weakness (low dodge or low healing). I mean, gear shield is great, but there’s 16 seconds in between that you’ve either got to avoid or sustain through damage.

Either way, if you’re finding a way to bunker without vigor or significant healing, props to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

and IDK ele diamonds are incoming anyway.

God this is such a fail. More condi immunity. I am sure it will be fun having an INSTA GIB s/f ele chasing me round the map WHO I CANT CC/PEAL FOR MYSELF at all with. Fear shouldnt be effected by condi immunity imo

Any Ele willing to go into 30 earth to pick up Diamond Skin will be a condi ele. I.e. you’re not going to get insta-gibbed by S/F, and you can proceed to stomp their face because Necro is a vastly better condition-friendly class than Ele will ever be. Now you know.

After Dec10 changes you will STILL see 95% of Ele’s running power-based builds, i.e. no Diamond Skin and dipping into Fire/Air/Water + Arcana.

I’ll actually be very interested to see if any condi Ele players even come along in the meta.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

I had problems with engi’s aswel in the beginning..
Just put some energy and focus in it to learn how to beat them.

Tip: make sure u got ranged weapon.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I’m very, very sorry; since when ‘OP’ <25% ANY character doesn’t die from simple burst of almost any class?
You play condition meta, ask nerf conditions and at the same time whine on smth (AR) that just calls for burst… are you hearing yourself?

Automated immunity is bad design. Giving people more
tools to deal with applied conditions is one thing. Making them
immune below a certain threshold is another as it hardcounters
any condition build. Again, an advantage due to build is fine,
the fact that a certain type of damage flat out doesn’t work is not.
That’s the same as if warriors had a GM trait in defense that gives them
immunity to physical damage below 25% health.

And please don’t come with warrior zerker stance. It only lasts 8 seconds
(52 secs downtime!) and he has to give up a utility slot.

Engi condi clear methods are much much worse than other classes without AR though. I mean they don’t even get a trait that deals with condi clear until you get 20pts into alchemy. Add to it being just one condition. Where as warriors (the real problem with warior condi clear) is cleansing ire. That is 3 conditions every 7seconds… Boils down to 1 condition cleared every 2 seconds. Best self condi clear in game.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: huggles.5271

huggles.5271

All I see is crying, if you can’t hit the 5k damage to make ar useless then you you should change your play style when dealing with it. I change my play style when dealing with 2 spamming thieves or healing signet heroes. Make adjustments and stop forum qq’ing.

(edited by huggles.5271)

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

atually i think it would have helped a lot if you had specified a bunker build in opening post which u think is op as clearly people in here are talking about different builds individually.

I dont really care about AR – i guess it doesnt create good gameplay so you might as well nerf it or remove it for something else (good kit refinement hinthint)

the hardest counter to any condi heavy setup is not AR anyway but just multiple necros with condi reflect stacking – its unbeatable with a condition heavy setup

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

dont saw any good bunker engi for months now – its just gimmick and not rly viable

everyone can say this or this is OP but at the end its just thin air and useless whining

noone even consider to play it so yeah its for sure op^^ – bring a proof or something

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

jmatb.6307

and IDK ele diamonds are incoming anyway.

God this is such a fail. More condi immunity. I am sure it will be fun having an INSTA GIB s/f ele chasing me round the map WHO I CANT CC/PEAL FOR MYSELF at all with. Fear shouldnt be effected by condi immunity imo

Any Ele willing to go into 30 earth to pick up Diamond Skin will be a condi ele. I.e. you’re not going to get insta-gibbed by S/F, and you can proceed to stomp their face because Necro is a vastly better condition-friendly class than Ele will ever be. Now you know.

After Dec10 changes you will STILL see 95% of Ele’s running power-based builds, i.e. no Diamond Skin and dipping into Fire/Air/Water + Arcana.

I’ll actually be very interested to see if any condi Ele players even come along in the meta.

You don’t have to run a condi build just because you put points in Earth. It’s like saying that Shatter Mesmer has to run condi because Illusions gives Condi Damage…

S/F doesn’t have the burst that S/D does, but it’s going to be really easy to keep your health high against condi builds with Earth 4 and 5, CC, Ether Renewal, and Rock Solid. 1v1 I don’t really see a good Ele losing to a condi build, unless it’s an Engineer of the same or higher skill level.

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Let’s keep this thread constructive and on point for its purpose.

Bunker engi = settlers, soldiers,cleric with AR and toolkit.
Elixir C combos well with AR.
Double protection/-20dmg on cc.

NOT BUNKER engi =rabid, regardless of traits.

Engis have defensive traits. Our offesnvie traits aren’t very good. (cough kit refinement, cough static discharge, cough all of firearms trait line)

This is why engi’s have to take 2-3 kits for damage or use HGH/might stacking (hgh is horrid) to use 1 kit. You don’t c 3 utilities + rifle or p/p engi. Damage stinks.

Yes condition immunity (aka auto response, diamond skin, berzerker stance) shouldn’t exist. Personally it just just be extra condi removal. (AE: remove 1 every 3-5s under 25-50 percent hp)

People use the term ENGI BUNKER for engis that know how to live forawhile. Their is a huge difference between engi bunker and not. The bunker does 0 damage.
cough spirit ranger is shaman ammy and higher condi removal + more evades/dodges than engis. Stop your complaining.

As for the Elix c, toolkit,rifle,AR,soldier ammy decap engi…Not viable.

They can decap/recap over certain professions rather easily. Others they can only decap.

Counter: put someone that can keep point contested for as long as possible.. send 1 person back kill engi.. Takes like 10 seconds. Better yet just ignore the engi and grab their point. The engi with a decap can’t carry a team if you win the mid fight, take their point. They have 0 presense in a team fight.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

jmatb.6307

Rotation > Build anyway.

No one build can win a 1v2 with relatively similar skill level without getting really lucky. An Engi is pretty funny though when you play it way better than your opponents play their class, because if people are silly enough to stand in the bombs the whole time they deserve to get 1v2’d.

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

I absolutely hate how strong bunkers are in this game. I was with another thief attacking an engi on an outer point and we couldn’t kill him. I was rank 40 solo queue last week and I couldn’t take a bunker down with another person helping. I’ll let Anet decide if any particular build is OP or not but after that fight I was feeling frustration and disbelief.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

i dont have complaints about bunker guardian. at least they can’t kill you. the reason why bunker engi is op is that they put out so much condition + cc that you’re forced to play defensive when you’re the one trying to get them out of their point. no bunker should be able to dish out that much damage

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

i dont have complaints about bunker guardian. at least they can’t kill you. the reason why bunker engi is op is that they put out so much condition + cc that you’re forced to play defensive when you’re the one trying to get them out of their point. no bunker should be able to dish out that much damage

Lol then warriors should be the ones getting the complaints.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

People use the term ENGI BUNKER for engis that know how to live forawhile. Their is a huge difference between engi bunker and not. The bunker does 0 damage.
cough spirit ranger is shaman ammy and higher condi removal + more evades/dodges than engis. Stop your complaining.

QFT, that’s essentially what was confusing me. I haven’t seen a “bunker engineer” (i.e. an engineer filling the role of a bunker, built to contest/support/survive/rez in teamfights) for a year, literally. There are still a few really tanky sidepoint engineers around, but not many. There are a ton of rabid sidepoint/teamfight dps engineers.

It’s the difference between saying “bunker thief” and “s/d thief with too many evades.” If you say “bunker thief” people will be confused, because they don’t really exist. If you say s/d thief has too many evades because of a couple out-of-line traits, people will agree and remind you that they’re getting nerfed on the 10th.

in PvP

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Hahaha I had to check PvP out after reading this thread. Jumped into a random match and had to fight a condition spam: Ranger, Warrior, THIEF and 3 Necros. After dieing repeatedly from CONSTANT conditions over several matches it just made sense to tack on AR. Easy and understandable decision for an engi.

Maybe just figure out how to play a hybrid Necro…

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Hahaha I had to check PvP out after reading this thread. Jumped into a random match and had to fight a condition spam: Ranger, Warrior, THIEF and 3 Necros. After dieing repeatedly from CONSTANT conditions over several matches it just made sense to tack on AR. Easy and understandable decision for an engi.

Explain how to play a hybrid necro then? The scepter/d and staff dont scale AT ALL well with power. So hybrid really cannot be good until this is remedied. Unless you want to run dagger main hand and staff. Then you are power though and not hybrid at all

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

Explain how to play a hybrid necro then? The scepter/d and staff dont scale AT ALL well with power. So hybrid really cannot be good until this is remedied. Unless you want to run dagger main hand and staff. Then you are power though and not hybrid at all

Isn’t hybrid necro carrion with +50% crit in DS? I’d think that would drop an engi his remaining 4000 hitpoints even if he’s running elixir C and wiped all your conditions off as soon as he hit 25%. Should take at least 3 life blasts. I wouldn’t think you’d need to change your weapons or utilities at all. Taking 10 from spite in the regular 30/20/0/0/20 should give you a build capable of almost the exact same condition damage (minus the ~100 extra dps from dhuumfire) plus a good burst of direct damage when needed.

in PvP

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Here happy to do your homework for you…

Watch the video. Pretty much amazing break down of how to play your class.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Here happy to do your homework for you…

Watch the video. Pretty much amazing break down of how to play your class.

Sorry I was talking about necro in tpvp. I should of clarified that