Can we activate dishonor?

in PvP

Posted by: Shishio Makato.1859

Shishio Makato.1859

My experience the last few days made me realize alot of the problems with soloQ right now is the fact that:

1) There’s a lack of transparency of whether you are favored to win or not, I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, there’s reasons I can think of why you don’t necessarily want to show that information, but when you couple with.

2) The dishonor system doesn’t seem to be active right now.

What you end up with is alot of games where the initial opening move went bad, you go down by 50 pts, all it takes is one person (typically a low MMR person) to give up or start verbally abusing teammates to have a snowball effect and end up in a 500-100 total loss.

The current system punishes you harshly based on this fact since you would end up -1 or even -2 for that match.

This type of scoring matrix heavily favors group teams vs soloQs since the pre-mades,
3- 2, even 2-2-1, would have alot less chance of that happening vs. a full soloQ team.

Not sure if it’s the current population, but I rarely had this problem last ladder season, usually when the opening move went bad, many times we would just regroup and fight to the end and many times end up winning.

(edited by Shishio Makato.1859)

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

But then how will I be able to log out when Skyhammer/Spirit Watch/Courtyard pops!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Lexiceta.4156

Lexiceta.4156

I am sure this will be activated in future test seasons. Since this is only the second test there must be many more to come.

in PvP

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

But then how will I be able to log out when Skyhammer/Spirit Watch/Courtyard pops!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Well VeeWee, No. 1 Engi NA and world first rank 80 & No. 1 Frandliest person NA, I guess you’ll just have to stay playing like No. 1 Engi NA and world first rank 80 &
No. 1 Frandliest person NA, and not straight up leave everyone for dead!

This is one of the main reasons why dishonor was introduced in the first place! I guess it’s all a part of participating like a good team member!

Wahoo!!

Bye frand!

Attachments:

\o/

(edited by kylwilson.9137)

in PvP

ArrDee.2573

Are you suggesting I stick around and play Skyhammer/Spirit Watch/Courtyard! The nerve!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Dishonor not working is purely anecdotal and is part of a larger problem. How often in reality are you being teamed up with a guy who just quit another game you were in? (Answer is: not very often, if ever within a relevant time span.) So basically, an instant leave could instantly ban people for 24 hours, youd still have similar results. That, or just increased AFKs.

Dishonor isn’t the answer, it’s the vengeful punching bag people use out of frustration. What actually needs to happen is people need to be able to easily accept punishment, give a “leave match” button in unranked and ranked, and introduce a system that fills players into progressed matches. It’s as simple as having a check mark for accepting games in progress and say with 3/4 rewards for a loss when you fill in (versus 1/2) and full rewards for a win. Immediately you will see less threads about leavers and dishonor. Guaranteed.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Well VeeWee, No. 1 Engi NA and world first rank 80 & No. 1 Frandliest person NA, I guess you’ll just have to stay playing like No. 1 Engi NA and world first rank 80 &
No. 1 Frandliest person NA, and not straight up leave everyone for dead!

This is one of the main reasons why dishonor was introduced in the first place! I guess it’s all a part of participating like a good team member!

Wahoo!!

Bye frand!

Better not que unranked then, next time this guy may get aids and die permanently just from fighting five entangles but will be fine vs. five slick shoes.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Are you suggesting I stick around and play Skyhammer/Spirit Watch/Courtyard! The nerve!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Play ranked, problem solved.

in PvP

Posted by: Shishio Makato.1859

Shishio Makato.1859

Dishonor not working is purely anecdotal and is part of a larger problem. How often in reality are you being teamed up with a guy who just quit another game you were in? (Answer is: not very often, if ever within a relevant time span.) So basically, an instant leave could instantly ban people for 24 hours, youd still have similar results. That, or just increased AFKs.

Dishonor isn’t the answer, it’s the vengeful punching bag people use out of frustration. What actually needs to happen is people need to be able to easily accept punishment, give a “leave match” button in unranked and ranked, and introduce a system that fills players into progressed matches. It’s as simple as having a check mark for accepting games in progress and say with 3/4 rewards for a loss when you fill in (versus 1/2) and full rewards for a win. Immediately you will see less threads about leavers and dishonor. Guaranteed.

I like the idea for unranked, but I’m talking about ranked play here (hence the -pts and scoring matrix, not sure why people bringing unranked into the conversation), not sure how it would work for a ranked ladder system (too many factors you would have to consider, do you get a +1 if you win and joined only down 50? down 100? do you get -pts if you lose, if so how much)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Wahoo! Bye frands!

This attitude is so stupid.

You literally have a queue which doesnt have these maps and then kitten about it when you play them.

Hint: play ranked.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I like the idea for unranked, but I’m talking about ranked play here (hence the -pts and scoring matrix, not sure why people bringing unranked into the conversation), not sure how it would work for a ranked ladder system (too many factors you would have to consider, do you get a +1 if you win and joined only down 50? down 100? do you get -pts if you lose, if so how much)

PERSONALLY, I don’t see it mattering for ranked. I know this isn’t what people like to hear, but “ranked” should be on teams. Balancing a rank when 4 others are RNG just doesn’t make logical sense.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Wahoo! Bye frands!

This attitude is so stupid.

You literally have a queue which doesnt have these maps and then kitten about it when you play them.

Hint: play ranked.

If I recall you’re that guy who whines and moans about every class except necromancer, calling for out of this world nerfs left and right, because you can’t adapt and learn new strategies.

You shouldn’t be calling out other people’s attitudes.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Vee Wee is not alone.

I will fully admit it. I also AFK for Skyhammer and Courtyard. I don’t AFK Spirit Watch.

…Well, I don’t really AFK.

I just run around and play with extreme mediocrity so I don’t get dishonoured.

Those maps make me angry.

in PvP

ArrDee.2573

Why would I play ranked and wait 10 minutes in queue! That’s just silly!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!