Can you explain your fail?

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Look at the image.

The situation was the following:
The Amber guy was permanently DC, he never even came at start of match.

Amber guy with Ruby? Wtf?
Permanent DC, even at start aswel??

AND EVEN LOST A kittenING PIP FOR IT?
Wow, you’re the ones making this game really toxic Anet.

Attachments:

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

you need to understand one thing. ANET doesn’t care about balance. They don’t care about the fairness of the league system. They don’t care whether the leagues are set up correctly.

The only care about the total number of players who are taking part and the total time they are spending playing.

By their metric, I’m sure leagues are successful even if as a player it is a complete fail.

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

More Incomingggggggggg

Attachments:

in PvP

vlad.4871

LOLL FOUND MORE OF THIS

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

By their metric, I’m sure leagues are successful even if as a player it is a complete fail.

I’m pretty sure a lot of PvE heroes are farming their way into Ruby every season for the Legendary backpack – giving Anet an illusion of success and growth in the PvP community.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

I hope everyone leaves this game, today I just realized, that after 3 soulbound of backup armors of mine are missing, The thrill of Battle is missing to… that’s a f-ed up bug, and lucky me… only these things are deleted from my bags, how the f I don’t know, but this is very very very f up!
So no mater what, I will get diamond division, in year of ascension 3 progression, and never will get the legendary backpack… I’m so out of here that never will be back, ever! I’ve said it some times, but this is irreversible!

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

http://puu.sh/mhzeU/b99909679b.jpg

Lost a pip for going 435-500 with full soloQ against 4man premade. What the actual kitten

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

in PvP

Posted by: eureeka.5368

eureeka.5368

If all Anet cares about is numbers, lets show them who controls their fate. Just stop logging in. Simple, You will thank me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jATOZhxX1CY&list=FLUcUZImodoUfboLFJdKTjbw&index=44

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

lol vlad i really dont know what you are complaining about. The scores maybe but your in the division area of one another. It makes sense, the question is whether or not someone didnt really belong in there and has a rank they really shouldnt.

I mostly feel bad for that amber guy, seriously who did he make mad that when he solo ques he has to face people in ruby/diamond/legendary division right out the box?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

lol vlad i really dont know what you are complaining about. The scores maybe but your in the division area of one another. It makes sense, the question is whether or not someone didnt really belong in there and has a rank they really shouldnt.

I mostly feel bad for that amber guy, seriously who did he make mad that when he solo ques he has to face people in ruby/diamond/legendary division right out the box?

ever heard of smurfs?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

It’s ok. We faced a full premade of (iv)+ tier , had a dc for like 3/4 of the game, and got put with a tier (ii) as one of our pugs (we were trio-queueing ( all ruby/diamond)).

Lost 2 pips for it…

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

I’ve beaten teams who had DC and gained 3 pips, and lost with a DC and lost pips.

Yesterday my friend DC’d and came back 3/4 of the match later. We actually managed to win. It came to a lord rush which we defended against - I’d solo’d there’s to keep us in it incase the mesmer came back. Points were close. We won a match we were 4v5 for 75% of.

We gained nothing.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

chibbi.3706

DC aren’t supposed to affect your pip gain/loss, are they ?

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

It has been stated that they are, and it makes sense that they do.

in PvP

chibbi.3706

It shouln’t affect it, otherwise it would be too easy to abuse.

DC’s don’t happen that often, when it does you just have to suck it up.

There’s not a single competitive game that has a system against dc, and it’s because there can’t be one that wouldn’t be abused easily.

in PvP

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

There’s not a single competitive game that has a system against dc, and it’s because there can’t be one that wouldn’t be abused easily.

except for the 4-5 times I lost 2 pips because one of our guys never connected, even had a 2 pip loss with 4 solo queuers (and a full time dc) vs a 5 man premade and the score diffrence wasnt even that big.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

The Amber would only make it into that match if he was in a party when he queued up. He must have found a way to break party between then and when you posted that screenshot.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

ever heard of smurfs?

actually no

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

see all im saying is we can all do the same thing. For instance my last 4 matches i dont know how this 4 man premade got to diamond but i accept they are there and simply we were out played. 2 of my next 3 where with a thief and if you see him let it be but in both of the matches he was on my team someone from the other team asked if he was doing it on purpose.

I lost 4 pips and i literally just did these matches. Sometimes you have to accept your not gonna make it to the next tier.

Attachments:

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

vlad.4871

Loosing 2 pips against this kittened exploiters.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

The Amber would only make it into that match if he was in a party when he queued up. He must have found a way to break party between then and when you posted that screenshot.

Nope, I asked the party and they didnt know him.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

ever heard of smurfs?

actually no

Of course you have never heard of smurfs every post by you makes it clear your a simpleton. You do have some kind of bizarre naive semi charm though you almost cant believe someone can be so trusting and dumb. Smurfing doofus is someone running with a low alt account to get easier matches and advance faster. Im sure in your little world that never happens. Too bad in the real world its rampant genius. You understand now Dawg lol.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

I thank you for sharing the good taste in music. Did not keep up enough with Blue Stahli lately and did not even know he made another awesome track

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Fail? You call this just a fail? It has long since gone beyond fail.

kitten it even shames me to ask friends to even come pvp with me in this game while we’re playing CS,LoL or Dota.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

ever heard of smurfs?

actually no

Of course you have never heard of smurfs every post by you makes it clear your a simpleton. You do have some kind of bizarre naive semi charm though you almost cant believe someone can be so trusting and dumb. Smurfing doofus is someone running with a low alt account to get easier matches and advance faster. Im sure in your little world that never happens. Too bad in the real world its rampant genius. You understand now Dawg lol.

alright thank you

in PvP

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

Loosing 2 pips against this kittened exploiters.

Thats, kitten up. Clearly abusing the system.

However you might want to cover up your toxic rant in your team chat next time….tut tut.

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

ever heard of smurfs?

actually no

Its quite possible he knows what it is but didn’t know to tie this term to it….? Also, while trying to dump on someone for being dumb, be sure to check your writing. There’s a mistake after almost every second word.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

ever heard of smurfs?

actually no

Its quite possible he knows what it is but didn’t know to tie this term to it….? Also, while trying to dump on someone for being dumb, be sure to check your writing. There’s a mistake after almost every second word.

Thank you and yes i knew of what people were doing but i didnt know it was given the name “smurf”.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

ever heard of smurfs?

actually no

Thank you and yes i knew of what people were doing but i didnt know it was given the name “smurf”.

The term as widely used in LoL. Sometimes people wanted to have clean account with really good w/l ratio or just play with friends (or carry someone for money<<<this happend a lot) since in league in ranked you can only team up with someone max. 1 division under/above you, so they created new account and skyrocketed on it quite fast through divisions since there skill does matter a lot and 1 high ranked player can carry entire games by himself. The downside is ofc if you are low/mid division player you stand absolutely no chance vs those player and might as well forfeit match, not to mention you lose a lot of points for such matches since system thinks the smurf is new player and shouldn’t have won.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Clearly you’ve never heard of DOTA2.

Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

Have I won this thread now?

Attachments:

Caissech / Falásya

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Have I won this thread now?

I have to say its really hard trying to stay positive

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

you need to understand one thing. ANET doesn’t care about balance. They don’t care about the fairness of the league system. They don’t care whether the leagues are set up correctly.

The only care about the total number of players who are taking part and the total time they are spending playing.

If the system is addictive and keeps people playing, I’m sure there are those at ANet who see that as successful and consider everyone else to be the typical complaining crowd you get with any release.

I would give them more credit, but this is the same ArenaNet who ignored pleas from myself and others pre-HoT launch to keep the Elite Specs out of ranked sPvP. So., given what we have to go with I would say you are correct. It’s a simple numbers game to them… The thing I doubt they are factoring in are all of us who keep playing because we miss what the game was. When we sign in it’s more like a trip to the cemetery to visit those we’ve lost. We are simply playing more as we go though the denial, acceptance process. I’m sure a good number just walk away cold turkey, but for those of us who once really loved the game (the veteran players who they stabbed in the back with this release), it’s a lot more difficult to let it go. By reason end I suspect those numbers they are looking at will give them a better snapshot of the damage done.

Then it’s too late to fix things. sPvP players tend to devote themselves to a few games. When we leave one we don’t come back to it. This is one of the very different aspects of PvP vs PvE. I can’t stand the typical PvE gamer. I can’t relate to someone who enjoys spending 30, 40, 60+ hours in game doing very repetitive task to build a Legendary. Or would spend 6-10 hours in game several nights a week working on a Raid. It’s not that I couldn’t spend my time that way, it’s just I don’t find the fun in it. I despise repetition.

This ranked sPvP season has been all about repetition.

Repetition on a meta that is no fun to play whatsoever. Combined with paranoia of hackers, MMR tankers and a mixed solo/team queue that makes luck a huge part of the process and leaves the resulted league division rank with no integrity or respect at all.

There is no prestige to be earned in this system. It’s a complete joke to those who desire for sPvP in game to model real world sports and for rank to be indicative of something earned by skill on a even playing field. With little fear of cheating thanks to success audits and policing by the organization keeping things going.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)