Class balance is a joke meta is stupid

in PvP

Posted by: ibkillin.9610

ibkillin.9610

So you say the ladder system is better then season 1? It may be but unfortunately the class balance in this game is a huge kitten stinking up the room.

I find it funny how I can pretty much predict the outcome of a game based on the OP nature of some classes. 3 reapers and 2 scrappers? Ya that’s a win. 2 DH, 2 reapers and 1 ranger? More then likely a win as well.

What a joke, you’re ladder system might be better but it’s too hard to tell with this broken class balance.

I know of a lot of players that are pretty skillful in this game that can’t even seem to get out of the 3rd tier and just lose interest. They are definitely better then 3rd tier but I guess they just need to “L2P” right?

Ya nope, garbage….

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

The match making system is clearly inferior to Season 1. Mixing MMR + division pip range was an epic mistake and I am still waiting for an apology from Arenanet. The current system leads to countless of pointless matches of either huge losses (and no chances of winning) and huge wins (and no chances of losing) as the “better” players are placed in team A and “worse” players in team B.

One guy did a math simulation to prove the MMR hell is true. See:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/The-nature-of-MMR-hell/

It is also obvious that the removal of amulets of was just a lazy band aid “fix”, which didn’t fix the core issue of the power creep since trait rework and most importantly the overpowered elite specs. Now we have more burst and less bunkers, but amount of builds seen is not significantly better or worse.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

ibkillin.9610

The match making system is clearly inferior to Season 1. Mixing MMR + division pip range was an epic mistake and I am still waiting for an apology from Arenanet. The current system leads to countless of pointless matches of either huge losses (and no chances of winning) and huge wins (and no chances of losing) as the “better” players are placed in team A and “worse” players in team B.

It is also obvious that the removal of amulets of was just a lazy band aid “fix”, which didn’t fix the core issue of the power creep since trait rework and most importantly the overpowered elite specs. Now we have more burst and less bunkers, but amount of builds seen is not significantly better or worse.

I agree 100% with what you say. I also saw that theorycrafting post and agree with that too. Elite specs are way too OP, basically forcing anyone who wants to play in PvP to “buy the expansion”. I thought the devs said that wouldn’t be necessary? They could always up some of the non elite skill trees to make them more viable. However, Anet chooses to just be greedy it seems and make these stupid meta OP all around.

I agree with the band aid fix too. They didn’t need to remove those amulets and runes (some of which I used to use). They should have just tweaked or added more to counter them better. They tried to remove the bunker aspect but now the condition / burst crap is way out of control.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

The HOT expansion made everything easier. Bunker guard and shout bow warrior had weaknesses. Like guardian gave defensive shouts for condi cleansing and was a real bunker. Shout bow was a hybrid who could do some damage and clease some conditions.

Ele trumps them both hard by being incredibly hard to kill, applying boons, auras, heals and does ok damage.

Thief was made easier with d/d condi and staff dps. Its literally pick your spot and dodge and dps dodge and dps.

Alot specs dumbed down classes and then for rev and scrapper, they are nearly perfect. They do great in team fights and 1 vs 1. They have tons of blocks,evades,boons, the best passives in the game and do insane damage.

I truly do not know how you balance this now. They removed alot of runes and amulets. There have always been bottom tier classes but the gap separation has increased greatly.

Honestly anet has fallen down lately, the D/D ele era where it was obvious it was far superior then other builds. Then HOT came and the ability to balance the game has only gotten worse and worse.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

So you say the ladder system is better then season 1? It may be but unfortunately the class balance in this game is a huge kitten stinking up the room.

I find it funny how I can pretty much predict the outcome of a game based on the OP nature of some classes. 3 reapers and 2 scrappers? Ya that’s a win. 2 DH, 2 reapers and 1 ranger? More then likely a win as well.

What a joke, you’re ladder system might be better but it’s too hard to tell with this broken class balance.

I know of a lot of players that are pretty skillful in this game that can’t even seem to get out of the 3rd tier and just lose interest. They are definitely better then 3rd tier but I guess they just need to “L2P” right?

Ya nope, garbage….

You can swap professions before game starts you know?!
Even though the outcome of a match is dictated by the player behind the profession but anyway…
Players that can’t adapt to the situation are anything but “skilled” and those who can barely play one profession should take the “L2P” comment seriously

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Ya nope, garbage….

Even though the outcome of a match is dictated by the player behind the profession but anyway…
Players that can’t adapt to the situation are anything but “skilled” and those who can barely play one profession should take the “L2P” comment seriously

Except in the case where matchmaker decides it’s time for you to bend over and take it. This is CONFIRMED by a dev in the upper link the one guy posted about the match simulations.

No amount of class swapping is going to allow a win against a team with superior skill levels ALSO most likely swapping classes and simply playing their classes better, you become a stepping stone instead of running an even playing field.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Supreme.3164

The HOT expansion made everything easier. Bunker guard and shout bow warrior had weaknesses. Like guardian gave defensive shouts for condi cleansing and was a real bunker. Shout bow was a hybrid who could do some damage and clease some conditions.

Ele trumps them both hard by being incredibly hard to kill, applying boons, auras, heals and does ok damage.

Thief was made easier with d/d condi and staff dps. Its literally pick your spot and dodge and dps dodge and dps.

Alot specs dumbed down classes and then for rev and scrapper, they are nearly perfect. They do great in team fights and 1 vs 1. They have tons of blocks,evades,boons, the best passives in the game and do insane damage.

I truly do not know how you balance this now. They removed alot of runes and amulets. There have always been bottom tier classes but the gap separation has increased greatly.

Honestly anet has fallen down lately, the D/D ele era where it was obvious it was far superior then other builds. Then HOT came and the ability to balance the game has only gotten worse and worse.

The game can only get worst for as long as they keep listening to forum rants…to consider an aurashare ele , a far tougher customer than old shoutbow war…..it’s like I have been playing a different version of the game for the last 4 years where esl team were running with double celestial shoutbow…so much for " a timid hybrid build" and before that we had double hambow esl teams..kk

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Ya nope, garbage….

Except in the case where matchmaker decides it’s time for you to bend over and take it. This is CONFIRMED by a dev in the upper link the one guy posted about the match simulations.

No amount of class swapping is going to allow a win against a team with superior skill levels ALSO most likely swapping classes and simply playing their classes better, you become a stepping stone instead of running an even playing field.

I think people should post their API code and show the world what they really deserve as teammates

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Ya nope, garbage….

I think people should post their API code and show the world what they really deserve as teammates

How would this prove anything in the cases MMR is badly evaluating you?

in PvP

ibkillin.9610

Oh sorry I need to “L2P” get the kitten outta here with that comment it gets old.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Ya nope, garbage….

If it doesn’t prove “anything”, there should be no problem posting it then, show us how the MMR is “badly” evaluating you

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

The game can only get worst for as long as they keep listening to forum rants…to consider an aurashare ele , a far tougher customer than old shoutbow war…..it’s like I have been playing a different version of the game for the last 4 years where esl team were running with double celestial shoutbow…so much for " a timid hybrid build" and before that we had double hambow esl teams..kk

I was talking about the role it brings to the table. Also what terrible teams were running double shout bow? Also the hambow era was very short and when tournaments got real the cele rifle and d/d ele was still the 2 best builds out there.

Also you dont explain anything with this comment, you want to talk stupid team comps ok fine please continue to watch Radioactive when they were running double staff eles and 2 shout guardians.

Ohhh yeah and you must be the only person to play in tournaments and therefore you remember it differently then everyone else. Also what eles are you playing with/against that are doing poorly?

For fun i run sigil of life and with 25 more stacks of healing i will literally walk into a 1 vs 2 and laugh when they cant kill me on a decapped point. Please if you want to make it a actual debate actual use the words to describe why you disagree instead of just throwing out uhhhhhh yeah its not shout bow good. UHHHHHHHH L2P uhhhhhhhhhhhh

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Oh sorry I need to “L2P” get the kitten outta here with that comment it gets old.

you do if you think the enemy will win with 2 dragon hunters.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Ya nope, garbage….

If it doesn’t prove “anything”, there should be no problem posting it then, show us how the MMR is “badly” evaluating you

I’ve seen what it mean to be “evaluating” by ppl on the forum. Provide better conditions of exposition for ppl and I will gladly do it. Better yet, why don’t you play with me just to see how pitiful I am?

in PvP

Supreme.3164

I was talking about the role it brings to the table. Also what terrible teams were running double shout bow? Also the hambow era was very short and when tournaments got real the cele rifle and d/d ele was still the 2 best builds out there.

Also you dont explain anything with this comment, you want to talk stupid team comps ok fine please continue to watch Radioactive when they were running double staff eles and 2 shout guardians.

Ohhh yeah and you must be the only person to play in tournaments and therefore you remember it differently then everyone else. Also what eles are you playing with/against that are doing poorly?

For fun i run sigil of life and with 25 more stacks of healing i will literally walk into a 1 vs 2 and laugh when they cant kill me on a decapped point. Please if you want to make it a actual debate actual use the words to describe why you disagree instead of just throwing out uhhhhhh yeah its not shout bow good. UHHHHHHHH L2P uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pls do prove it how you walk into a 1vs2 human players and survive with the meta aurashare…oh wait..maybe it was you as ele bunker vs 2 ele bunkers that explain it -_-.
A timed moa+jade wind = dead..tell me more about your invincibility, or a slickshoes+chill to the bone or any other form of stupid CC lock and you’re dead.

Did I forget about the “timed” part so far? ..hmm guess playing against opponents that unload all dmg while you’re obby fleshed, must have erased any concept of “timed spike threat”

Balance in GW 2 is done based on biased rants..and this is what you bring upon yourself

Always ready at every meta to run to the forum to complain about the meta builds of the moment while everything else around the meta builds has been nerfed to uselessness

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Okay, lets say that is true. How are you going to fix afkers trying to lower their MMR?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Okay, lets say that is true. How are you going to fix afkers trying to lower their MMR?

If the MM randomly pick players within pip range it doesn’t matter at all. There is no advantage to gain from such a gimmick.

in PvP

ibkillin.9610

Where I am in the league right now that seems to be the case. I do fine against them, but whatever.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Where I am in the league right now that seems to be the case. I do fine against them, but whatever.

get an ele with focus offhand and you basically ruin every dragonhunter’s day. it’s easy as that. but people usually don’t switch classes.. if you wanna win you should start doing it.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

TBH skilled players are still hundred of times better than a balanced comp. The only time I feel like my team lost cause comp is when they have an ele and we dont. I’ve faced countless times comps that soft-countered my team and we’ve won simply cause we were better, while its really really uncommon that I lose simply because the enemy comp was better.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

TBH skilled players are still hundred of times better than a balanced comp. The only time I feel like my team lost cause comp is when they have an ele and we dont. I’ve faced countless times comps that soft-countered my team and we’ve won simply cause we were better, while its really really uncommon that I lose simply because the enemy comp was better.

That’s only true in a scenario when matchmaking sucks and you don’t have even skill on both teams. Unfortunately, that is the state of season 2.

If you did have even skill, then comp is really important.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Honestly dude balance isn’t that bad. I know that’s not the popular thing to say. It’s not as interesting as “balance sucks, so OP, elite specs ruined the game, I hate this game.”

I play mainly Rev, DH, and DD thief and guess what? They all do pretty well for their given roles. I see warriors brave into a match and do some awesome plays. I tried engi and eli for a while and they do okay just not my style. Druid has some good potential and everyone seems to think Reaper is most op.

Now the point: META doesn’t suck. META is a lie. Balance is fine. If a class sucks for you, you’re not playing it right.

**mic drop

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Honestly dude balance isn’t that bad. I know that’s not the popular thing to say. It’s not as interesting as “balance sucks, so OP, elite specs ruined the game, I hate this game.”

I play mainly Rev, DH, and DD thief and guess what? They all do pretty well for their given roles. I see warriors brave into a match and do some awesome plays. I tried engi and eli for a while and they do okay just not my style. Druid has some good potential and everyone seems to think Reaper is most op.

Now the point: META doesn’t suck. META is a lie. Balance is fine. If a class sucks for you, you’re not playing it right.

**mic drop

If you think balance is fine, you aren’t playing the same game. Some classes are OP and some are definitely UP.

Put it another way, compare how often you see 3 necros on a team compared to how often you see 3 warrior or 3 thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

2 thieves on a team is pretty good if they are the right thieves. But i’m sure you’ll disagree so no need to tell me.

Just because a class mechanic allows for stacking, doesn’t mean the class is OP. I win matches against Reapers; I lose matches against Reapers. 3 reapers 2 reapers whatever. Most important thing is HOW you play. Doesn’t reaper have a counter?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

That’s only true in a scenario when matchmaking sucks and you don’t have even skill on both teams. Unfortunately, that is the state of season 2.

If you did have even skill, then comp is really important.

Well, in a match of even skill (so a theorical draw match) I agree, comp is really important. I dont see the problem there tho.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Pls do prove it how you walk into a 1vs2 human players and survive with the meta aurashare…oh wait..maybe it was you as ele bunker vs 2 ele bunkers that explain it -_-.
A timed moa+jade wind = dead..tell me more about your invincibility, or a slickshoes+chill to the bone or any other form of stupid CC lock and you’re dead.

Did I forget about the “timed” part so far? ..hmm guess playing against opponents that unload all dmg while you’re obby fleshed, must have erased any concept of “timed spike threat”

Balance in GW 2 is done based on biased rants..and this is what you bring upon yourself

Always ready at every meta to run to the forum to complain about the meta builds of the moment while everything else around the meta builds has been nerfed to uselessness

wow i will just do what you did.

I dodge the moa because he points his finger at me and boom they miss and i have my overload stun break ready when he uses jade wins and when they get me to 10k health i use my flesh skill with vigor and regen and attune to water back to full health.

Wow see what i did there, obviously ive proven once again i can 1 vs 2 a point vs any players.

This is what you do in all your posts. The hypothetical and your points are full proof and others are not. Wow very impressive

Did you not see how i beat you in a 1 vs 2 and you had a mesmer and rev. L2P

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

2 thieves on a team is pretty good if they are the right thieves. But i’m sure you’ll disagree so no need to tell me.

Just because a class mechanic allows for stacking, doesn’t mean the class is OP. I win matches against Reapers; I lose matches against Reapers. 3 reapers 2 reapers whatever. Most important thing is HOW you play. Doesn’t reaper have a counter?

They do actually if you can focus them they will go down pretty quick, even with an ele there, and try not to bunch up. Necs love it when they can blast opponents in their aoe’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

swapping classes before the start of the match does nothing to solve the root of the problem.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Class balance is 100% better in Season 2. How quickly we forget Bunker Mes, Mally Rev being a tier above everything else.

We have 66% classes that can compete at the highest level without handicap hardmode.

Right now we’re just being kicked in the teeth by design decisions to raise either sustain/protection, condition pressure, and then balanced Rev around this new high.

It definitely works, and when played by masterful players, not stale, and plenty of deaths.

Everyone still sad about the extremely limited good builds though..

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Class balance is 100% better in Season 2. How quickly we forget Bunker Mes, Mally Rev being a tier above everything else.

im not sure about better, it just seems to have shifted. In league where 70% of the matches have 4 or 5 condi reapers in the match and every mesmer you meet is condi, i dont think better is the word i would use for it.

Its at the point where people are just rolling condi mesmer or necro.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Just cause everyone chooses Condi Mes or Condi Necros, it doesn’t mean there aren’t Engineers, Eles, Rangers, Revenants that fight as equals.

That’s just perceived balance, whereas before there literally was only Rev/Mes on the top tier.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Ragion.2831

Just cause everyone chooses Condi Mes or Condi Necros, it doesn’t mean there aren’t Engineers, Eles, Rangers, Revenants that fight as equals.

That’s just perceived balance, whereas before there literally was only Rev/Mes on the top tier.

Condi mes and necro counters everyone else on that list lol not as many revenants anymore probably because of the condi meta but engi and ele yes because they can sustain when they need to against the power builds that many still use and rangers have the search and rescue

but i see your point.

However, when nearly every match it seems that the side with the most condi necro/mes wins, nothing about it strikes as equal to me.

in PvP

Deniara Devious.3948

I have suggested solutions to this in other threads and also suggested class balance issues in multiple threads:

We need to have either of the following match making system for ranked:
A) purely based on pip range and random selection between the range (in the long run everybody would get roughly same amount of “good” and “bad” team mates and opponents from the same pip range)
B) purely MMR based system, which aims for 50/50 and tries to get equal MMR on both sides. For this to work we need separate MMR for unranked and ranked (I believe we already have this), thus tanking in unranked doesn’t help to get easier matches in ranked. We also need a report function, which actually works. If players intentionally AFK or throw in matches, they get banned.

It doesn’t matter which algorithm we select, we also need to change how pips are gained. Current system is bad because it treats 0-500 and 499-500 loss the same way. Too many players stop playing when their team is behind by 100-200 points, even though come back is still possible. We should use the system from Season 1, when you could actually even gain 1 PIP when you lost a much higher MMR opponent by a small margin. And you would gain 2 PIPs if you won by a large margin and lost 2 PIPs if you won by a large margin- The win and loss streak system was really not needed.

When it comes to class balance, here is my short list:

Warrior
Needs more sustain e.g. revert warhorn nerfs or make it remove 2 conditions with quick breathing, reduce cooldown of “To the Limit!” to 25% and reduce it’s heal by 20% and make it have only 1/2 s cast time to have a viable burst heal, which doesn’t get interrupted all the time. Inspiring Presence is too weak GM trait, make it also give 20 % boon duration. Gunflame and forceful greatsword need to be toned down.

Engineer
Hammer has too much goodies + dmg at same time, increase cooldowns of skills #2-5 by 20%, remove triple leap finisher from #3 (much less sustain with water fields), reduce overall damage by 20 %. Even with these changes most would choose hammer over rifle or pistol/x. Engi shield needs to have it’s cooldowns reduced by 20 %. Increase harpoon gun and grenade kit range to 1200 (engi is currently the only profession which lacks 1200 range underwater!).

Stealth gyro needs to have 1 s cast time. Reduce effectiveness of rapid regeneration and adaptive armor to tone down engineer sustain without gutting the core engineer. Engineer medkit needs a rework, make medkit #1 affect also engineer and 600 range 360 degree AoE heal, and reduce cast time of medkit #2-5 to 1/4 s with much improved projectile speed or make them 360 range AoE effects affecting engi + up to 2 allies.

Ranger
Reduce heal from celestial avatar skills by 25% as they heal too much even if ranger has 0 healing power. Signet of stone take no damage reduced to 4 s. Reduce damage from HoT pets by 20%. Increase ancient seeds ICD to 15 s. Give pets a spirit mode when they deal no dmg and cannot use any of their skills, but are also immune to damage. It would be highly useful for WvWvW zerging + pve situations where AoE dmg is abundant.

Guardian
Make traps visible. Reduce trap damage by 20%. Numerous DH stacking tons of traps creates really unfun meta for wvwvwv. Spear of Justice, Wings of Resolve and Shield of Courage need all to be toned down.

Elementalist
Elemental Shielding should only grant protection to yourself. Burning fire needs 10 s ICD. Diamond skin should be changed: take 20 % less damage from conditions. Reduce invigorating torrents regeneration to 3 s.

Necromancer
Scepter #1 shouldn’t corrupt boons. Make scepter #3, feast of corruption corrupt 1 boon. Plague sending trait needs 30 s ICD. Signets of suffering should be toned down e.g. remove only 1 boon. Reduce deathly chill damage by 20%.

Mesmer
Signet of humility effect reduced to 8 s (still very powerful as it can be cast even when fleeing and cast twice using with continuum split. Chronophantasma 10 s ICD. Confounding Suggestions 10 s ICD. Well of calamity and well of action deserve 20% dmg buff (to give mesmers more AoE dmg, needed in wvwvw and pve).

Revenant
Facet of Light needs to be toned down. Cruel Repercussion should only 25% more damage (it gives guaranteed +50% in WvWvW). Increase face of darkness/elements/strength 20 s CD. Phase Traversal increase CD to 20 s and reduce unblockable time to 3 s. Enduring Recovery give 5 s of vigor instead, as it is too powerful for adept minor. I am not expert in revenant so I cannot comment more. Ventari felt weak to me.

Thief
Reduce dagger auto attack by 15%, basically partially reverting the changes. Thief is really difficult to balance, because it has so many escapes and so much mobility, making it the best +1. If you give thief more burst or survability it will make other berserker/marauder professions irrelevant.

And bring back the removed amulets! We need more versatility, not less.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Yeah well… last PvP match I played.

(red) 2 scrappers 1 chrono 1 thief (me) 1 engineer
VS.
(blue) 3 reapers 1 chrono 1 druid

My team stood no chance. Each time I downed one reaper with my mlg thief skills another swooped in spamming AoE and stuns all over the place.

I only died 2 times in that match, because I knew when to run (my team died over and over), but honestly reaper is simply beyond OP. No class should have access to extreme aoe damage, high mobility, high bunker potential.

Also, let me tell you, I have no problem whatsoever in dealing with any of the core classes. Core necro I could probably kill using only auto-attack and steal.

TLDR: nerf elite specs (and reaper in particular) if you want any resemblance of balance

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Condi mes and necro counters everyone else on that list lol not as many revenants anymore probably because of the condi meta but engi and ele yes because they can sustain when they need to against the power builds that many still use and rangers have the search and rescue

but i see your point.

However, when nearly every match it seems that the side with the most condi necro/mes wins, nothing about it strikes as equal to me.

I would be careful with statements like ’ this counters that ’
In fact there are only a very few ‘counters’ in the whole game.
Revs and druids for example have a fair chance against reapers while druid and scrapper can also stalemate mesmers.

I also have never understood why people say that it would be good to stack reapers. Even in soloq it’s just terrible to have more than 2+ reapers.

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Supreme.3164

-snip

It seems that indirect questioning is not working so let’s use a more…direct approach.
From the moment that you insist so much on this idea of “perfect balance” then you won’t mind answering few questions.

1 Why every profession except ele can gain sustain even when investing 0 pts in healing power?

2 Why ele is the only profession whose sustain is directly proportional to healing power and thus unable to use any amulet that lacks healing power?

Your claims are based on the fact that ele has sustain..when using a max healing power amulet…now I wonder if you’d still be able to walk into any “1vs2” with let’s say a knight amulet or any other amulet with 0 healing power, the results would be the same wouldn’t they?

The fact is now that all armchair developers ofc want to reduce the sustain of eles when using a cleric amulet and this would only force eles even more into bunkering but hey…I doubt they can see this far…and those few who can don’t care anyway so….

Now a real designer would bring ele sustain to the same levels of other professions and this would means having skills with a far higher base healing and poor healing scaling, they would give eles some proper evasive skills, some decent blocks, some decent ranged dmg….well a man can dream

….Valkyrie amulet, crusader, celestial amulet …and now mender/cleric amulet
All have healing power and some toughness or vitality, now if I take another profession…engi, I see: soldier, celestial, rabid, marauder, berseker..all completely different from each other what doesn’t change is the sustain of engi on all of them
Funny isn’kitten You can only play bunker on ele and that playstyle is constantly nerfed, always brought one step away from the abyss just to keep ele in game…not that any of you would care anyway lol

in PvP

Krysard.1364

but i see your point.

Condi mes and necro doesnt counter everything else, more like condi mesm and necro are the only ones capable to kill smth, and this is the reason why they are so popular. How do you kill an ele/engi/druid if it isnt condi bombing/moa them?

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Supreme.3164

but i see your point.

Condi mes and necro doesnt counter everything else, more like condi mesm and necro are the only ones capable to kill smth, and this is the reason why they are so popular. How do you kill an ele/engi/druid if it isnt condi bombing/moa them?

Condi mes and necro do counter everything else unless you want to run a non bunker ele/engi( just not with meta build) and druid and prove me otherwise.
Using the meta you created as an excuse for your existence when it was condi builds that forced others to go full ham with condi clear/face tanking….everything else stands no chance against necro/condi mesmer

…Am I wrong?..Prove it

in PvP

Ragion.2831

but i see your point.

I would be careful with statements like ’ this counters that ’
In fact there are only a very few ‘counters’ in the whole game.
Revs and druids for example have a fair chance against reapers while druid and scrapper can also stalemate mesmers.

I also have never understood why people say that it would be good to stack reapers. Even in soloq it’s just terrible to have more than 2+ reapers.

I used to be careful with it, i always thought, player skill is all that matters but a few thousand matches and 3 mains later, i realized that condi mes and condi necro essentially counters just about everything else.

Revs have a fair chance against condi reaper 1 on 1, not so much team on team because damage is gone thanks to the brilliant idea of splitting the sword mainhand attacks, hammer doesnt seem to do much either and condi necros negate condi revs which used to be the other way around i believe. only decent thing is staff 5 and that only goes so far.

The cleanse legends have issues almost as bad as having no condi clear so yea. I use lyssa, but like i said very common to be in a match against at least 2 condi reapers. Also, condi mesmer is just as bad and also common to find both on one team

My point is 1 on 1 sure you can say this class or build vs condi necro and mesmer is fair but as you know, thats not how conquest works.

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Ah so reaper and condition mes ‘counters’ scrapper,ele,druid and revenant in teamfight?
This statement is even more wrong.
And 2+ reapers in one team is still terrible btw.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Krysard.1364

but i see your point.

Condi mes and necro do counter everything else unless you want to run a non bunker ele/engi( just not with meta build) and druid and prove me otherwise.
Using the meta you created as an excuse for your existence when it was condi builds that forced others to go full ham with condi clear/face tanking….everything else stands no chance against necro/condi mesmer

…Am I wrong?..Prove it

Power mesm/thieves have a good shot against necros, too bad engies/druids/even dh kitten on them. Eles and elixir engies (which were meta way before condi necro) can duel necros and stalemate against mesms. Druids can duel both of them. Revs can outrotate both necro/mesms, delete necros when +1 and nullify them on teamfights. Things just dont die without a necro/moa while still doing great damage, so no, I dont think at all that this sutain meta was forced by necros.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

snip

Lol thief is not straight up UP, but you’re not going to find many people that agree that they nerfing. You’re talking about a MELEE AUTOATTACK. Seems that people have forgotten the embarrassing useless state that Thief was in during S1. Even now, Invocation Revenant is the +1 that old Acro Thieves wished they could be.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

(edited by BeepBoopBop.5403)

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

**mic drop

If you think balance is fine, you aren’t playing the same game. Some classes are OP and some are definitely UP.

Put it another way, compare how often you see 3 necros on a team compared to how often you see 3 warrior or 3 thieves.

Stacking classes does not prove something is OP or UP…

See how this match went for me vs a team of 3 reapers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlvYb8fmV0&feature=youtu.be

in PvP

Supreme.3164

but i see your point.

…Am I wrong?..Prove it

Power mesm/thieves have a good shot against necros, too bad engies/druids/even dh kitten on them. Eles and elixir engies (which were meta way before condi necro) can duel necros and stalemate against mesms. Druids can duel both of them. Revs can outrotate both necro/mesms, delete necros when +1 and nullify them on teamfights. Things just dont die without a necro/moa while still doing great damage, so no, I dont think at all that this sutain meta was forced by necros.

You have completely dodged the question!
The question was direct and easy to understand, can you play a no bunker engi/ele/druid against mesmer/necro?…No you can’t
Can you play a non bunker ele/engi/druid vs power mesmer/thief?…No you can’t

Logic dictates that problems arise when a profession achieve godly amount of sustain without a sustain amulet and 0 investment in healing power and that’s the aspect of power/condi mesmers that have ridiculous amount of sustain with a power/condi amulet respect to an ele that would like to try the same route and can’t because ele must actually invest in sustain to have any at all

With you outsustaining other power specs, YOU forced others to search the same level of sustain going the bunker route it has never been the other way around!

Eles would love to have actual sustain if using a marauder amulet, a mercenary amulet but they can’t…as they would be trampled by everybody else as they have far more sustain despite having 0 investment in sustain stats like toughness and healing power

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

**mic drop

See how this match went for me vs a team of 3 reapers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlvYb8fmV0&feature=youtu.be

With 2 reapers 1 scrapper and 1 tempest on your side… this does not prove a lot.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

The meta is far better than last season but the game balance and diversity is still really poor. I really do not enjoy having to play one build per profession. I hope one day it will be equally viable to play DPS ele as it is playing a heal bot.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

but i see your point.

…Am I wrong?..Prove it

You have completely dodged the question!
The question was direct and easy to understand, can you play a no bunker engi/ele/druid against mesmer/necro?…No you can’t
Can you play a non bunker ele/engi/druid vs power mesmer/thief?…No you can’t

Logic dictates that problems arise when a profession achieve godly amount of sustain without a sustain amulet and 0 investment in healing power and that’s the aspect of power/condi mesmers that have ridiculous amount of sustain with a power/condi amulet respect to an ele that would like to try the same route and can’t because ele must actually invest in sustain to have any at all

With you outsustaining other power specs, YOU forced others to search the same level of sustain going the bunker route it has never been the other way around!

Eles would love to have actual sustain if using a marauder amulet, a mercenary amulet but they can’t…as they would be trampled by everybody else as they have far more sustain despite having 0 investment in sustain stats like toughness and healing power

I’ve not dodged your question, but if you want a direct answer, yes, you can play marauder builds capable to beat necros/mesms 1v1 (which doesnt matter that much balance-wise). When teamfighting, independently of your build, the ele will just keep everyone 100% hp while revs pressure the necro. Mesm doesnt do that much when teamfighting except moa. So, you can play marauder and survive as easily as with pally against necros. The problem is that being able to hold/bunk is usally more valuable than doing damage.

And mesm condi has crappy sustain compared to ele, even with 0 healing power.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

**mic drop

With 2 reapers 1 scrapper and 1 tempest on your side… this does not prove a lot.

It proves that stacking 3 reapers is pointless and does not prove they are uncounterable (OP).

in PvP

Ragion.2831

Ah so reaper and condition mes ‘counters’ scrapper,ele,druid and revenant in teamfight?
This statement is even more wrong.
And 2+ reapers in one team is still terrible btw.

Don’t really know how you can say condi necro doesnt counter revenant at least on paper. Lets remove skill factor for a second.

Revenant defends most with blocks, reaper can make its attacks unblockable.

Evades, reapers can inflict weakness permanently

Boons, reapers have convert boons to conditions all over the place. Do revevnants convert conditions to boons? not without lyssa and leadership

Condi rev vs condi necro, necro can always remove resistance and transfer the conditions. Condi rev can only apply resistance and apply more conditions essentially feeding the necro. This would not be a problem if resistance wasn’t a boon but an effect like alacrity so cannot be removed or pain absorption was an upkeep

Power rev vs condi necro. Best power build is Shiro Glint, taking anything else for cleanse leaves you wide open to a lot. Best thing rev can do is do amazing damage quickly, but this can be a problem in team fights when using sword because the best damage is split and auto attack damage nerfed and hammer? well there is a reason people dont use hammer over staff.

Since im also trying to get really good at rev, i asked a rev in legend division how she deals with the condi meta and the answer i got was dodge.

in PvP

Deniara Devious.3948

Lol thief is not straight up UP, but you’re not going to find many people that agree that they nerfing. You’re talking about a MELEE AUTOATTACK. Seems that people have forgotten the embarrassing useless state that Thief was in during S1. Even now, Invocation Revenant is the +1 that old Acro Thieves wished they could be.

Have you read my long list of balance suggestions? I was suggesting nerfs to all professions and thieves were the ONLY profession with just one suggested nerf. I was suggesting more nerfs to engineer, which happens to be the profession I have played the most. With most elite specs toned down I think thieves should be in a better spot, but it is not a healthy meta if thieves can eat alive all other berserker/marauder professions.

At least thieves have a role. They excel at +1 and being mobile far/close capper. But warriors are in a sad state now. There is pretty much nothing other professions couldn’t do better. Surely some very skilled warrior player can reach diamond/legendary, but with equal skill level that would be easier using other professions. Gunflame berserker hits hard and gs/hammer is another popular build, but both too much of a one trick pony and I feel that long range sniper doesn’t even fit the profession’s original description at all.

Condition warrior is probably currently the strongest warrior spec for high level play now, but why go warrior, when you can play mercenary reaper or chronophantasma mesmer? Warrior has access to tons of CC, good burst and DPS. Warrior’s main problem is lack of sustain. All the nerfs to “tone down” shoutbow, basically gutted the entire profession + at same time some other professions enjoyed massive power creep and we got Herald revenant, which is so much better than warrior in most cases, I don’t even wanna begin…

(here are couple of decent condition warrior builds. I didn’t notice either of them in metabattle.com
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRApe8fnMdAtkiVhAmdAEliFiA7N52cnuIngXwKwIA8B7ZA-TJhIABcs/wQlBg9FAAwRBAA
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAsc5enMdAVhgdhAmkCElilqA7d02antK9gYXOApA0ACAA-TphAABA8AA24EAwz+DGcEA44gAofZAA )

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)