Come On...dying in 2seconds?

in PvP

Posted by: Ixal.7924

Ixal.7924

Thief in GW2 is just different from Rogue in WoW. WoW rogue would just lock you so you couldn’t move until it was done eating. Thief in GW2 gives you a chance to dodge at least. Someone stealths and you dodge roll the other way. Once that thieves stealth and CDs are gone you win.

Fear the day thieves stealth and then wait for you to finish your dodge.

in PvP

Posted by: Weapon X.5163

Weapon X.5163

So the OP seen the thief coming and still got rolled. And he says he plays a thief but doesnt know how to counter them, weird. Must be an OP class and not a skill issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Zeta Reticuli.9203

Zeta Reticuli.9203

Someone stealths and you dodge roll the other way. Once that thieves stealth and CDs are gone you win.

What do you do when the thief dodges/teleports in the direction you just dodged to as well? And when the thief has passive 25% increased movement speed?

in PvP

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

I have 80 necro/elem all exotic and WvW all the time, in sPvP pub games though I use just thief so I can roflstomp everyone (considering 50%+ of players in pub games user berserker), you have to be joking me if you think backstab is hard to pull off or balanced.

Even if opponent is not in berserker, it’s still faceroll. Ways to counter burst thief is bunker/defense otherwise 10k+ in your back

in PvP

Posted by: KevinEvo.7061

KevinEvo.7061

Thief may or may not be overpowered, but here is the real problem. Everyone stacks maximum damage equipment and traits. When you stack damage and no defense of course you will die in 2 seconds. I play a defensive Guardian and guess what, I have never been killed 1v1 or even 2v1. It might take me a bit longer to kill someone since I can’t burst them down but who cares? It’s about surviving, not getting the biggest crit number.

The OP has not given details of Profession or Build and you assume wrongly that, ‘Everyone stacks maximum damage equipment and traits’.

The point being raised is that the Thief, as is, is being allowed to effectively Gank other players.

If he has not given any details, then your assumptions are no better than mine.

Do you know how I know most people stack damage stats? Because all the bloods are the most expensive crafting item on the Trader. Everyone always talks about maximizing their crit damage. This applies to sPvP, WvW, and PvE.

Have you played WoW? Everyone is so concerned about being top on the damage meter. Diablo 3, all anyone cared about was what their DPS is. This occurs in every game and it is just the mentality most people have. All anyone cares about is having the biggest damage numbers.

I play a Guardian and I have no problems against a Theif. I never said they were or weren’t overpowerd, however most people complaining about them are the same people complaining because they can’t burst them down in 3 seconds.

(edited by KevinEvo.7061)

in PvP

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

We know ANet has statistical analysis on everything in the game. So, to stop the constant back and forth of Thieves/Warriors are OP vs. the L2P crowd….

How bout ANet share some data? For example, how often are thieves involved in a win in sPvP or tPvP? Warriors? How many thieves/warriors play sPvP or tPvP or WvW? Ooo, here’s an interesting one, of the winning WvW servers, how much of their WvW force is comprised of warrior or thief vs. the “losing” wvw servers? Do the “losing” servers field more elementalists or engineers?

Heck, for the sake of thieves, include Mesmers in the data.

If you make the data public, it will at least stop the constant chatter on the forums of “X is OP” and “No its not, L2P”.

I’ll say this much, as soon as a thief pops on an sPvP match and uses a backstab build, I leave. Just not fun playing against them. A 100b warrior, sure. A Mesmer with a gajillion illusions or whatever, no problem. A thief that can kill me before I know what happened… not fun. This is why thieves are an issue.

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok

in PvP

Posted by: Ixal.7924

Ixal.7924

If you make the data public, it will at least stop the constant chatter on the forums of “X is OP” and “No its not, L2P”.

Won’t happen because then ANet would be under pressure to fix something.

in PvP

Posted by: Kellhus.8071

Kellhus.8071

LOL @ posts saying go play a thief, learn what they did, and then counter it!

You know what they did? They turned invisible and have too many multipliers. The ONLY reliable option is be a class that can bunker, or run from them — neither of which really play along with the notion of “skill based pvp”.

Thief damage is broken, and most good players who love thief classes will openly admit this — it’s really the marginal players who think it’s their skill with a thief that is making some difference, and to them I glad say — pick any class, and run spvp. Feel free to message me. I’ll jump on my thief and show you how you have very few playstyle limiting options to counter me.

The above is really the problem — to counter a thief you have to build yourself as a bunker. There isn’t a single other glass cannon build that this hold true for.

in PvP

Posted by: Weapon X.5163

Weapon X.5163

We know ANet has statistical analysis on everything in the game. So, to stop the constant back and forth of Thieves/Warriors are OP vs. the L2P crowd….

How bout ANet share some data? For example, how often are thieves involved in a win in sPvP or tPvP? Warriors? How many thieves/warriors play sPvP or tPvP or WvW? Ooo, here’s an interesting one, of the winning WvW servers, how much of their WvW force is comprised of warrior or thief vs. the “losing” wvw servers? Do the “losing” servers field more elementalists or engineers?

Heck, for the sake of thieves, include Mesmers in the data.

I’ll say this much, as soon as a thief pops on an sPvP match and uses a backstab build, I leave. Just not fun playing against them. A 100b warrior, sure. A Mesmer with a gajillion illusions or whatever, no problem. A thief that can kill me before I know what happened… not fun. This is why thieves are an issue.

So now thiefs and warriors win WvW… kitten and to think i’ve been grinding glory.

in PvP

Posted by: MasterDeere.3417

MasterDeere.3417

First of all thief dont need armor or vitality since he can dodge non stop and turn invisible anytime he want.

Second this game give way too much crit chance rating

Third, thief base dammage is way to high considering the 2 points above.

Suggestion… lower crit chance in the game, remove or lower the 100% chance to crit when invisible from thief trait. Fix the invisibility lag bug.

in PvP

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

It’s really mad how Pistol Whip was nerfed but not Backstab. I think PW deserved it, but BS deserved it more and got overlooked. Hard to fathom.

in PvP

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

lol at that video. You are just not skilled enough yet. You need to learn to read mind of thief and predict his move before he does them, I mean come on, all pros do that and when he stuns you, all you do is stunbreaker and dodge. Its that easy, just dodge or if you are out of cooldowns then I am sorry you are not pro enough. Pro player can dodge thief for 2 minutes easy.

Thief class is hard to master. I mean having position yourself to hit that one and only skill to oneshot your opponent requires tactical thinking and genious mind.

I can tell you this. From countless encounters against skilled thieves, and lets face it, all of them are since its so hard to master class. I have yet to beat one in 1 on 1 fight. Closest was when I actually landed a bleed stack of two for six secounds on him. Boy he was kitten but from that moment I realized that I am getting better. I will be like those pro thieves but it will take me years of training to best them.

(edited by VictorTroska.3725)

in PvP

Posted by: QSpec.4298

QSpec.4298

I think there may be some element of l2p. Stealth classes are always contentious. People do not like taking huge amounts of borederline unavoidable damage even if the fight is completely winnable. Coupled with things like the invisible stealth bug, this is going to lead to a lot of upset people.

That said, I am getting a tad annoyed with some of the thief’s responses. Learn to Dodge is especially annoying. So a class is supposed to be able to read minds in order to win an even fight? Why doesn’t every class just get an insta-down skill then? That way other classes can throw out the learn to dodge as well.

What if in a fight I had already used two dodges? Then it is acceptable for one class to completely dominate another without any chance for retaliation? That is super flawed thinking.

Thieves definitely have some PR to do so as to be seen as fair. Thieves should work on doing this instead of defending cheese builds that may not be tourney viable but are wrecking the pub scene.

PS I main a thief in sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Ethan.7182

Ethan.7182

Being a thief, I can tell you that the best defense is to have the heal button ready to go, along with traps ready to be set.

Yes, some critical can go for almost half of a player’s health, but a thief’s worst nightmare is someone who knows how to dodge, heal at the right time, and bind them from moving!

Commander Ethan the Assassin|Waiting for Death| Borlis Pass

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

No seriously learn to dodge take stun breakers and predict what they are going to do. That’s what separates the good from the bad. The good see a thief and predict that he will use steal cloak and dagger then back stab and then try and burst you. In knowing this they win the fight. The bad get blown up get upset and then whine on the forums. Sounds familiar huh

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.6841

Oni.6841

The problem with the thief, is that their backstab numbers are so ridiculous, they feel the shortbow is inadaquate.

This whole “once our combo is gone, we are screwed” is nonsense. You get a pew pew shortbow that is probably better than the rangers shortbow.

I like the whole “I have no mobility”…. you know.. except for that spammable teleport on your shortbow….

in PvP

Posted by: Ecliptica.7509

Ecliptica.7509

First of all thief dont need armor or vitality since he can dodge non stop and turn invisible anytime he want.

Second this game give way too much crit chance rating

Third, thief base dammage is way to high considering the 2 points above.

Suggestion… lower crit chance in the game, remove or lower the 100% chance to crit when invisible from thief trait. Fix the invisibility lag bug.

This….

Thieves:
- Dont need vit/tou , just invis/dodge
- High Base dmg
- All specs go atack/crit= massive dmg
- Crit rate in this game its like playing a thieve in gw2, to easy.
- Nearly imposible to kitte a good thieve.
- Invis bug.

They have it all.

in PvP

QSpec.4298

No seriously learn to dodge take stun breakers and predict what they are going to do. That’s what separates the good from the bad. The good see a thief and predict that he will use steal cloak and dagger then back stab and then try and burst you. In knowing this they win the fight. The bad get blown up get upset and then whine on the forums. Sounds familiar huh

Yes, and if they predict wrong the thief gets an autowin? That is really the game you want to play?

Like I said, if this is the justification for keeping some of the skills as is then give everyone a skill that virtually insta-downs someone if they can’t dodge it.

in PvP

QSpec.4298

Being a thief, I can tell you that the best defense is to have the heal button ready to go, along with traps ready to be set.

Yes, some critical can go for almost half of a player’s health, but a thief’s worst nightmare is someone who knows how to dodge, heal at the right time, and bind them from moving!

That is every classes worst nightmare…

in PvP

Posted by: Umweltplakette.2109

Umweltplakette.2109

Yeah at first when I started to play GW2 in BWE2 I thought “COOL SUDDENLY NO HEAL PROFESSIONS” … and now I strat to miss them somehow :/ … I guess Heal professions would help to bring some balance but only if the bunkers wouldn’t stay at the current level they are … Imagine killing a bunker with healer behind him … brrr

Back to Topic:
Well … the problem is that since there are TONS and really TONS of people rerolling bunkers it’s almost necessary to have at least 1 profession that can burst hardcore dmg

in PvP

QSpec.4298

I actually hate dedicated healers. Anyone familiar with WoW is familiar with being on a team without a healer making an uphill battle for the entire time. Currently, I think there are “must have” profs in GW2, but that is balanceable. With a healer in the game, there will always be a need for them.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I play a Thief Backstab build and I’ll be the first to admit that burst is pretty insane.

However with the rise of Bunker builds, Bleed spamming builds and knockdowns, the build is not longer an auto-win in any 1v1. A single knockdown can be enough to screw a glass-cannon Thief right over. A lucky Dodge at the right time negates the vast majority of said burst etc.

I’m not saying it’s balanced, I’m saying it comes at a big trade-off.

That said, I agree that the damage needs some adjustment. I think they need to reduce the number of Might stacks you can add on top of your burst with certain traits. Poison Might + Singet Might can add well over 10 Might stacks to those Backstabs.

in PvP

Posted by: Cyric.7485

Cyric.7485

Thieves:
- Dont need vit/tou , just invis/dodge (Lolwut)
- High Base dmg (Okay)
- All specs go atack/crit= massive dmg (We do have condition builds also, so no)
- Crit rate in this game its like playing a thieve in gw2, to easy. (Makes no sense)
- Nearly imposible to kitte a good thieve. (So being a “good” thief is a fault now)
- Invis bug. (Works both ways)

They have it all.

Moving on…

The problem with the thief, is that their backstab numbers are so ridiculous, they feel the shortbow is inadaquate.

This whole “once our combo is gone, we are screwed” is nonsense. You get a pew pew shortbow that is probably better than the rangers shortbow.

I like the whole “I have no mobility”…. you know.. except for that spammable teleport on your shortbow….

Um… never once have I lamented my short bow doesn’t compete with my backstab. Unless I’m fighting more than one enemy, I’m probably not going to use my short bow, especially since it’s an AoE condition based weapon. What thief says they have no mobility? Where do you people get all this absurd information from? We’re one of the most mobile classes in the entire game, lol, short bow is actually obsolete in terms of giving us mobility ever since we realized Heartseeker gives us more distance for a lesser/equal amount of initiative.

By the way, the average thief has 10 initiative. Last time I checked, Infiltrator’s Arrow (“spammable teleport”) costs 5 initiative per shot. So when we decide to “spam” it a whopping two times, guess what, ALL our abilities are now unusable because we have zero initiative.

Losers make excuses, winners make it happen.

(edited by Cyric.7485)

in PvP

QSpec.4298

@Cyric

About shortbow… be careful. Other classes have it much worse. Spamming it twice for instance alone is a luxury. Every other class in the entire game is limited by cooldowns. They get to use their escape exactly one time

Then on top of that thieves regenerate initiative fairly quickly (especially given certain traits). Untraited a thief can spam bow tele twice, and then a little more than 8 seconds later do it again.

A necro (the class I am most familiar with for this comparison) has swiftness on a 30 second cooldown and a teleport on a heinous 40 second cooldown.

Compared to any other class in the game, thief skills are eminently spammable.

in PvP

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

I play a Thief Backstab build and I’ll be the first to admit that burst is pretty insane.

However with the rise of Bunker builds, Bleed spamming builds and knockdowns, the build is not longer an auto-win in any 1v1

Thieves are not the “cure” to bunker builds.

Bunker builds are a workaround to deal with thieves, that is you inverted the cause and effect.

In Dunghammer Online it was the same: to survive more than the 2 seconds (un-counterable) WH / WE (the thieves in there) opener and to survive more than 3-4 seconds against slayers, everybody, everybody had to take all super-bunker builds and defensive gear. Even with that, the time to kill would go from 2 seconds to 3-5. Unlike GW2, in Dunghammer Online the stealthers could stay stealth for a good while, so you could not see them coming. Basically even with full defense gear and spec, once the uncounterable opener was over you’d be at 30% health, crippled and good luck winning the fight if you could not self heal, did not have stacks of super potions and so on.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfe.3097

Wolfe.3097

@harmadda, firstly, 2 seconds is enough time to react, and halfway thru your post it goes from 2 seconds to 1 second whats with that?

but more constructively, lets school you a bit (havent read other replies sorry if its been said already)

what you witnessed is a very specific glass cannon backstab build. It has zero survivability traits/skills other then the heal. They pop all there cd’s right before they steal or preload CnD>steal.

they pop all there cd’s

no survival traits/skills/gear

this means they get to kill someone like you were killed once every 45 seconds, the rest of that time they are a detriment to there team, the only thing holding them up is stealth being bugged.

is it overpowered? absolutly even if its possibly the worst team oriented spec in the game as many can kill more often then that.

you brought up a good point partway thru your post, its not thieves precisely that is overpowered, but a combination of skills/traits that offer simply too much.

thief glass cannon backstab build was the other side of hte coin to things like bunker guardians and defensive elementalists pre nerfs.

in PvP

Wolfe.3097

im sorry but shortbow is ok, but its not a no brainer weapon. its main damage attack is very slow and easily avoided, its autoattack does low damage (assuming to make up for hte fact it can bounce between targets). it is however a good kiting set, and our only real aoe option.

but good to know we HAVE to have that shortbow, what about players that dont use it? i do, id love not to feel i have to, but i do. also how spammable it is greatly depends on spec, i can use it twice and then have to wait, all my ini regen is from crits and stealth (balanced backstab build here, i dont do the crazy numbers people complain about)

in PvP

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

So Anet does the same blunder every other game with a stealth class does? They are “squishy” but can basically kill you in one or two hits. Why oh why did they not learn from the past?

They cannot kill you in a few hits if you stack armor.
Read my post above.

o please stop being so naft. So what you are suggesting is that everyone gives up their DPS in order to balance out the thief as a class.

Thief’s either spam 1 key 3 times or one shot.
Non glass canon thief’s need to spam 1 key 2 or 3 times (any other class capable of this is still considered a glass canon , go figure)

They work on a system completely different from all the other classes in the game
There is the problem right there

in PvP

Smackjack.5071

About shortbow… be careful. Other classes have it much worse. Spamming it twice for instance alone is a luxury. Every other class in the entire game is limited by cooldowns. They get to use their escape exactly one time

Then on top of that thieves regenerate initiative fairly quickly (especially given certain traits). Untraited a thief can spam bow tele twice, and then a little more than 8 seconds later do it again.

A necro (the class I am most familiar with for this comparison) has swiftness on a 30 second cooldown and a teleport on a heinous 40 second cooldown.

^That

On my thief i can choose to be permanently on short CD or use a long CD whenever i wish. Now guess why thiefs are constantly spamming 1 skill !

Unless they build for backstab but they get a 1 shot in return and they still are capable of spamming high dmg low initiative skills.

I stopped playing my thief because it became boring fast but with the amount of thiefs i see in tournies i am considering dusting it off just for those.

in PvP

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

You seem to be forgetting that Thieves die in about 3 shots when exposed almost regardless of build. Not to mention how their downed state is pretty much delaying the inevitable and has no way to help contribute to a battle like most other classes. (Ex. Ranger being able to shockwave enemies and bleed people when downed) Once a thief is down, he’s probably done.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in PvP

Smackjack.5071

You seem to be forgetting that Thieves die in about 3 shots when exposed almost regardless of build. Not to mention how their downed state is pretty much delaying the inevitable and has no way to help contribute to a battle like most other classes. (Ex. Ranger being able to shockwave enemies and bleed people when downed) Once a thief is down, he’s probably done.

You should try a ele !
All those drawbacks you mentioned but none of the thiefs boons and 10 times worse downstate.

And what do you mean with once a thief is downed he is probably done ? THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE *facepalm.
The fact that you are trying to throw that out there as a excuse says it all.

You think everyone else has superOPmagic ressurection skills that only the tief class doesnt? …shows how much you know.

BTW my non glass canon thief does not die in 3 hits but i do kill in 3 hits and less and still have gtfo of dodge skills.

(edited by Smackjack.5071)

in PvP

Wolfe.3097

So Anet does the same blunder every other game with a stealth class does? They are “squishy” but can basically kill you in one or two hits. Why oh why did they not learn from the past?

Read my post above.

o please stop being so naft. So what you are suggesting is that everyone gives up their DPS in order to balance out the thief as a class.

Thief’s either spam 1 key 3 times or one shot.
Non glass canon thief’s need to spam 1 key 2 or 3 times (any other class capable of this is still considered a glass canon , go figure)

They work on a system completely different from all the other classes in the game
There is the problem right there

anet isnt just gonna scrap initiative cuz you think its broken. and the only spec for thieves that one shots is not the standard for thieves, everyone knows, even most thieves, that that spec needs addressing

at most you will see adjustments to the ini system but i wouldnt hold my breath on it ever leaving.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

the sad thing is 90% of thief haters only play 8v8…..
..but ofc 8v8 is srs bsns… go on with hate

in PvP

Wolfe.3097

^That

On my thief i can choose to be permanently on short CD or use a long CD whenever i wish. Now guess why thiefs are constantly spamming 1 skill !

Unless they build for backstab but they get a 1 shot in return and they still are capable of spamming high dmg low initiative skills.

I stopped playing my thief because it became boring fast but with the amount of thiefs i see in tournies i am considering dusting it off just for those.

@ the part i bolded in the quote, please stop spreading misinformation, i use a backstab build i do not 1shot anyone. it is a VERY SPECIFIC build that does this, and that build is what needs addressing not backstab itself.

also, in this backstab build, this very specific one, what other high damage low ini damage move do they have access to? HS? thats only hard hitting at 25% hp or below, death blossom? its a bleed stacker that does poor damage when your specced for power/crit. dancing dagger? it does decent damage if it only hits 2 targets because the dagger will hit them twice isntead of once. cloak and dagger? obvious cast time, used to gain stealth not for damage.

dagger mainhand sets for thieves really only have 1 true high damage move, and thats backstab, HS only hits hard when at very low hp, and the other attacks just dont.

ill say it again, that very specific backstab build needs addressed, not backstab itself. spreading misinformation like that is dangerous

in PvP

Wolfe.3097

BTW my non glass canon thief does not die in 3 hits but i do kill in 3 hits and less and still have gtfo of dodge skills.

show me your spec and gear please, i can believe a non glass cannon backstab build be able to kill in 3 backstab crits (has to crit, have to gain stealth, have to get behind target 3 times, id say its fair). maybe pistol whip (not sure).

but believe me, when the stealth bugs are fixed, i think thieves will become much more manageable when someone has the full 3 seconds of revealed time to deal with them. right now its more like 1 second if that.

in PvP

Posted by: Hopeless.8195

Hopeless.8195

Maybe an increase between stealths to say, 10 seconds?

in PvP

Wolfe.3097

Maybe an increase between stealths to say, 10 seconds?

are you high?

no seriously, you mine as well get rid of the shadow arts tree at that point.

lets calm down a sec, lets get the stealth bugs fixed, and then assess whether stealth needs further tuning. thieves will lose a good bit of percieved power with the bug fixes i assure you.

in PvP

Smackjack.5071

anet isnt just gonna scrap initiative cuz you think its broken. and the only spec for thieves that one shots is not the standard for thieves, everyone knows, even most thieves, that that spec needs addressing

at most you will see adjustments to the ini system but i wouldnt hold my breath on it ever leaving.

Im not advocating for the initiative system to be removed but i do point to it for being the reason of the balancing issues, for obvious reasons. Like i said it is the only class to have a completely different mechanic to the rest. That is just asking for balance issues.

in PvP

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

One second of glory, and one minute of weakness and being as frail as a granny. Trade off?

1 second of glory? 1 minute of weakness? how long to completely regain your initiative? prolly not as long as it takes my stun break to come off cool down.

in PvP

Smackjack.5071

How come i see tons of thieves in tournies then ?

Seeing 3 thief’s regularly in tourny groups is nothing new. They are quite popular in tournies, not so surprising tbh.

in PvP

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

make necros the hard counter to thieves. toss them a bone lol. give them 1 ability that reflects the first attack from stealth or first attack in the back.

in PvP

Wolfe.3097

One second of glory, and one minute of weakness and being as frail as a granny. Trade off?

1 second of glory? 1 minute of weakness? how long to completely regain your initiative? prolly not as long as it takes my stun break to come off cool down.

hes referring to the infamous glass cannon backstab build people like to talk about.

they use all there Cd’s for that one kill, then have 45 seconds to 1 min where they are useless.

in PvP

Wolfe.3097

How come i see tons of thieves in tournies then ?

Seeing 3 thief’s regularly in tourny groups is nothing new. They are quite popular in tournies, not so surprising tbh.

thieves are good, but not top dog in tpvp by any means, if you see 3 thieves its just cuz they wanted to run 3 thieves, not because its more effective then other comps.

ive seen 5 thieves, for no other reason then they thought they were hot stuff in hotjoin and thought it would ccarry over to tpvp

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Read my post above.

My Ranger has nearly 2k toughness and a little over 21k HP. How much more armor are we suppose to stack and how much damage are we suppose to give up before we counter Thief damage?

Anything higher than that is a Bunker build. I’ve given up pretty much every utility that can help with damage and spec most of my traits into survival—this still doesn’t hender thieves in the least. The only REAL threat a Ranger can give a Thief is if he specs entirely into a condition build and traps so that hopefully the thief triggers them and can’t cleanse them before he bursts us down.

Good luck taking that thief down with your 20s CD traps and kitten AI pet when he only comes out of stealth a MAXIMUM of 2 seconds (due to stealth bug) before he restealths, runs off to heal up (while you’re conditioned out the yin-yang since we have only ONE on-demand condi removal) and then returns at full HP ready to go again because he isn’t having to wait on lengthy CD’s to stealth and dish out large amounts of damage instantly.

Why should other classes have to spec into very specific traits/utilities just to deal with that ONE other class that has various other viable specs that work equally as good no matter who they are against? It’s garbage balance and if it is balanced I don’t see it.

in PvP

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

On my thief I use 1,3 and now and then 2 or F1. Weapon switching? Rarely because it is easy to stay on a target.

When I play my necro or (now and then) an elementalist….weapon switching, death shroud dancing / attunement dancing.

While the results of the latter ones can be good sometimes…the results of the thief are quite more devastating and it is easier to run off if things go the wrong way.

And actually this is broken in GW2: classes which are hard to master in this game should be rewarded with a better perfomance at the top of the skill curve.
Here however, the classes which are delivered with training-wheels (thanks to their simple class mechanics) are also the ones which perform better at every part of the skill curve.

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

“because I literally had 1 second to react.”

The sad part is, if that’s a legitimate issue for you then you’re going to have a real hard time in GW2.

Thieves have some problems, but that is not one of them.

hes referring to the infamous glass cannon backstab build people like to talk about.

they use all there Cd’s for that one kill, then have 45 seconds to 1 min where they are useless.

Cloak and Dagger (4init) -> Steal -> Assassin’s Signet -> Backstab -> Heartseeker (3init)

Not really. Thieves don’t require Steal to win a fight by any means.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in PvP

Wolfe.3097

hardly talking about steal, assassins signet is the main thing. not too mention many pair it with devourers or basilisk to further ensure the backstab.

assassins signet is the main cd, can turn 5k into 7.5k (more actually cuz of hte traits hte build uses with might stacking)

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

hardly talking about steal, assassins signet is the main thing. not too mention many pair it with devourers or basilisk to further ensure the backstab.

assassins signet is the main cd, can turn 5k into 7.5k (more actually cuz of hte traits hte build uses with might stacking)

Um, apparently Assassin’s Signet is all of my cooldowns, and is so important that I’m completely useless without it.

Gotcha.

I don’t even run with Basilisk or Devourer, so I’m guess I’m just perpetually useless.

in PvP

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I think the popularity of the thief class, the amount of complaints against it, and our collective experience with “2 second deaths” at the very least tells us that there IS a problem with thief.

And all the videos of various classes being one-shotted consistently, that might be an indication of a problem. Course, we do have this dodge mechanic.

=/

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in PvP

Wolfe.3097

its a problem with the glass cannon backstab build everyones copying, not the thief itself