Condi.

Condi.

in PvP

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

Condi is blatantly more interesting than power.
You can do so much to play with conditions such as cleanse, transfer, heal through, resistance. you can block it’s applications, shorten it’s durations.
you can only do so much with power.. you either take the damage or you don’t- anything (currently) in game to play with power is either a block, evade, invuln, or some form of passive reduction that is incredibly low in “play potential” we’ll call it.

Power burst kills you outright.
Condi burst… shouldn’t exist, but in a world where we have so few windows to deal damage it has to otherwise it’s garbage.
Lingering conditions in pvp get cleansed long before they do meaningful damage. That or they stack so kitten ed high they burst out the target long before they finish ticking.

Power is, honestly, fine as is.
Condition damage and condition cleansing seems to be in an arms race.
Too much condi burst and your cleanses’ cast times will kill you.
Not enough condi burst and you do nothing because everyone has ways to keep cleaning.

It’s absurd.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

Condi.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

look at the facts – how many condi build in one team? maybe 1 or 2 while the other are power and 1 support

this tell you something – balance

Condi.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Max fire damage before HoT around 800
Max fire damage post HoT over 5k

Enough said.

such a well thought out argument.
Besides burning before hot had its own issues.

Condi cleanses/resistance before HoT: Little
Condi Cleanses/Resistance post HoT: A lot more

all leads to an adapting issue as well as l2p (and I main a class that has no cleanses to waste)

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Condi.

in PvP

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

i play condi necro for a couple of reasons
1. i enjoy dot based classes
2. condi is the only good build for necro

what annoys me is boon spam, the amount of boons everyone can pump out is insane. how is that any different to condi bombs? it’s not fun to be stomped into the dirt by classes who just become more or less invincible for a few seconds and burst you down, if that takes you off guard you’re just gone with no chance to fight back

do you see where im going with this? the problem isn’t condi or boons, the problem with the sheer amount of both of them in the game. hot brought insane power creep, there’s not much we can do about it

Condi.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i play condi necro for a couple of reasons
1. i enjoy dot based classes
2. condi is the only good build for necro

what annoys me is boon spam, the amount of boons everyone can pump out is insane. how is that any different to condi bombs? it’s not fun to be stomped into the dirt by classes who just become more or less invincible for a few seconds and burst you down, if that takes you off guard you’re just gone with no chance to fight back

do you see where im going with this? the problem isn’t condi or boons, the problem with the sheer amount of both of them in the game. hot brought insane power creep, there’s not much we can do about it

boon dont do dmg rather buff it. might and fury while vulnerability buff both condi and pirect dmg.

Condi.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

The one problem I have with condi is that most of the condi skills have less tells than the power skills, making it harder to dodge them. Either that or they’re like thief d/d 3 and can be spammed. Aside from that I have no real problems with tha mount of condi damage applicable.