Conditions and pvp....

Conditions and pvp....

in PvP

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

So for all you people out there that love condition damage builds. I am beginning to find they take allot of fun away from pvp.. It gets tiring getting infinite stacks of everything anymore from walking anywhere or doing anything (including damaging others) in pvp. I get that there should be condition damage, but this insane ludicrous amount of application has just gotten out of hand. The sheer amount of conditions being tossed around with ease by a few key strokes or simply just proccing passively seems to take away from the fun of pvp.. Like I said, I get there should be condition damage, I understand that.. But when there is 15 conditions on me and just one of those is ticking for 3k a second.. How am I expected to do anything ever.. I mean I main thief so Mabey this is just through the eyes of a class with like zero condition removal but I am literally downed / killed without chance of basically anything anymore these days.. Just no fun, I’m forced into decap and +1ing as my pvp… That is not pvp to me..

Conditions and pvp....

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Conditions and pvp....

in PvP

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Aye the amount of Direct Damage people can spam with a few buttons is insane, so can we nerf condition damage please.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Conditions and pvp....

in PvP

Posted by: Chips.7968

Chips.7968

They’re not all the ways – signet of agility removes a single condition (will refill endurance so it’s actually a useful option). Trickster requires dropping boon ripping from steal – a harsh trade off if you’re d/d, d/p, but probably good with s/d.

However, then you need to take tricks – probably withdraw for the shorter cooldown (s/d, d/p works well), otherwise you’re going to be trading one of shadow step, shadow refuge or your stun break/signet of agility for a single condition cleansing trick. I personally wouldn’t… the others are too valuable to me.

But withdraw doesn’t remove damaging conditions – so you need to use something else to clear more than 1 other condition though. Could use shadows embrace. However, shadows embrace only removes 1 condition every 3s, removing the first condition after 3s – so you have to endure 3s of conditions and something to give you stealth. You can take hide in shadows as well, but that won’t remove torment or confusion so no point using any of those to clear it unless there are other conditions masking it that need removing to allow your other means of condi removal getting to the damaging one.

Shadowstep is the best way to remove conditions quickly, but sadly it only does that on return to the scene of the crime. Same for infiltrators – but that requires init as well.

From memory sigil of cleansing isn’t in pvp is it? Generosity – does that wait until you’ve a condition before triggering? Isn’t that reliable is it so would not rely upon it. Lyssa would go well with the basi venom as that’s a short cooldown, so could maybe try it.

It may be better to just try experimenting with build/runes for breathing space – if you’re zerk then you’re so glassy that the cast times for heals and or stealth means you die too quick anyway – and if they interrupt you…

If you can recognise the “condi bomb” moves then start to dodge them it’s a good start. I’m still trying to learn them all too

Conditions and pvp....

in PvP

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

Just play d/d ele and enjoy infinite cleansing

Conditions and pvp....

in PvP

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

As a thief right now, it isn’t so much about cleansing conditions as it is about not allowing them to be applied to you in the first place. Thieves have to alternate between blinding peoples’ attacks, stealth, blinding peoples’ attacks, dodges rolls, kiting out of LoS, and yeah, blinding peoples’attacks. You don’t have enough options to negate every attack from a single player in most situations so it’s important to limit how much time you actually spend fighting. This also means you really really have to limit how much time you spend within striking range of multiple people in team fights.