Consequences for bug abuse in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

I somehow have a feeling that there are little to no consequences for using known bugs like placing mid air turrets.
Actually I´ve never ever even encountered a player who was warned/excluded from the game because of bug abuse in pvp.
Whenever I report someone for this I have a feeling it does absolutely nothing…(for botting, because, u know… no bug abuse section in pvp… and I believe I read somewhere to report bug users by botting…)

I write this because I´m getting VERY frustrated against turret engineers. Not because it´s the turret engineer, I can live with that. It´s because MANY turret engineer place their turrets in mid air.

in PvP

Posted by: IPhyton.2348

IPhyton.2348

Roll a power ranger = solved!
You have to fight cheese with cheese. I win 10/10 against turret engis everyday and twice on Sunday’s.

in PvP

Cero.5132

While I partially agree with that… You Kind of missed the Topic.
I only meant to use turret engineers as a popular example for bug abuse. Sorry if this wasn´t clear enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Czerny.6530

Czerny.6530

Does voting for Skyhammer count as bug abuse?

in PvP

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

According to Anet their game is 100% bug-free. They don’t acknowledge any bugs at all unless it crashes the game and only after they patch it.

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

the easiest way to fix this bug would be to have the turrets spawn instantaneously rather than 1/2 a second as many times when i spawn them in mid air it is accidentally as there’s no way i’m going to sit somewhere and wait for the kitten thing to spawn when i have people attempting to kill me

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

the easiest way to fix this bug would be to have the turrets spawn instantaneously rather than 1/2 a second as many times when i spawn them in mid air it is accidentally as there’s no way i’m going to sit somewhere and wait for the kitten thing to spawn when i have people attempting to kill me

Instant would allow you to CAST the turrets mid-air or drop a thumper while stunned…

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Roll a power ranger = solved!
You have to fight cheese with cheese. I win 10/10 against turret engis everyday and twice on Sunday’s.

Interesting

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

OP, you are more than likely falsely reporting players then. For Turret’s, Ground Targeting has always allowed us to place Turret’s on or against objects. Learn to target and range Turrets. If you have no range option in your build, then kindly unscrew your build.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Cero.5132

OP, you are more than likely falsely reporting players then. For Turret’s, Ground Targeting has always allowed us to place Turret’s on or against objects. Learn to target and range Turrets. If you have no range option in your build, then kindly unscrew your build.

I am very well aware of this trait. I have been playing engineer for 2 years now and I believe I can say that I know when a turret is placed on a wall due to that trait and when it´s hovering midair because the engineer cast it while jumping. Especially when I see them doing so…

in PvP

DeWolfe.2174

No matter if it’s done by trait or by jumping it still requires the same ranged or AoE technique to destroy the Turrets. So there really isn’t much impact on game play. The issue as I see it is the false reporting. Especially when you are fully aware you are making false accusations of botting.

With the Hover Turret’s in the HoT trailer, I’m assuming Flying to be how Turret’s function in the future. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Dev’s had this planned for a long time. Only implementing some of it early, the incoming damage nerf, because of the forum complaints of late.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Cero.5132

No matter if it’s done by trait or by jumping it still requires the same ranged or AoE technique to destroy the Turrets. So there really isn’t much impact on game play. The issue as I see it is the false reporting. Especially when you are fully aware you are making false accusations of botting.

With the Hover Turret’s in the HoT trailer, I’m assuming Flying to be how Turret’s function in the future. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Dev’s had this planned for a long time. Only implementing some of it early, the incoming damage nerf, because of the forum complaints of late.

I can´t even… are you really defending such an obvious bug…? Placing the turrets out of range while investing for the trait is completely fine but without it it´s just plain cheating. Simple as that.
By the way the devs themselves said that as long as we dont have the option to report for this, it´s possible to rely on the bot report.

Edit: also the difference between the trait and placing it in the air is that it can actually be hit by f.e. grenades.

(edited by Cero.5132)

in PvP

DeWolfe.2174

Please read the FE trait again……

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

Translation: “I’m a Turret Engi and am extremely angry my OP build is getting nerfed.”

Stay salty!

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

Instant would allow you to CAST the turrets mid-air or drop a thumper while stunned…

when you try to cast in mid air it won’t let you and fails, so no it wouldnt allow you to cast them mid air, the only way to cast them mid air is to start the cast on the ground and jump just before it spawns.

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

when you try to cast in mid air it won’t let you and fails, so no it wouldnt allow you to cast them mid air, the only way to cast them mid air is to start the cast on the ground and jump just before it spawns.

If you make them instant, it will cast them even mid-air.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.