Curious about current meta..

in PvP

Posted by: Sathyir.5139

Sathyir.5139

I have to say im not a big shot pvp player, but i love to theorycarft and watch streams about gw2 pvp.

According to my observation: D/d ele + Sc/d half bunker ele+thief+mesmer+bunker guardian team setup is becoming famous among top tier teams.

I think, this setup is one of the strongest setup right now and these are the reasons of this metamorphosis;

This setup provides:
1. Constant/area condi removal: Eles are the best condi removers in the game right now. Guardians can area condi remove too.
2. High Mobility: As everybody knows, in conquest mode; travel time between
two points is very important. And thiefs and eles are the best classes for it.
3. Capability of escaping from fight: By considering the status of the death timer.
if you cant kill your enemy, you can not afford to die. Eles, thiefs and portal using mesmers are the bests in this area too.
4. Quickness: Everybody knows how game changer quickness is.
5. Portal transfering your team: Well, obvious reasons.

Im not going to point out other crucial things like burst damage, stability/invis stomp etc. because, more or less other team setups can have these capabilities.

Effects of this uprising setup to us: Decreasing demand of condi necros,warriors and engi.

Warriors and necros cant escape from fight .
If you have so many condi removal why use a necro or if your enemy have this setup, your condi necro is useless now, without epidemic and a partner condi class. ( Other then stupid res signet which is uttermost broken)

The reason of this topic is twofold:
1. Im not sure of these assumptions? What is your opinion about current meta?
2. If these assumptions right, I think This issue is one of the biggest problem in gw2 pvp system. Because decreasing demand on three class, all at once, is very dangerous for a game that already suffers from big big problems..

in PvP

Posted by: vicious.2193

vicious.2193

There is always going to be a perceived “best” grouping in PvP in an MMO. These groupings will stay for as long as a patch cycle, be nerfed in one way or another, and another will then take its place. It has literally happened in every game with a large enough following that is willing to do the groundwork and find the match. GW2 is a few months old, literally. WoW is nearly a decade old and it STILL goes through this. It’s simply not possible for a team of < 100 to look at the picture and see as much as a group of > 10,000+. Being a dev for a MMORPG is the job of playing constant catch-up.

That being said, the other reason for these “metas” is the sheeple. It gets posted by a few folks that do the math and the vast majority fall in line, never looking for their own ways to improve upon the foundation.

Do you see the sins you’re making? ‘Cuz I’ve made them all before.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

That right there is a very well thought out and productive statement… The fact is every class has something they bring to the table… in forms of conditions/condition removal/group defense and group attack utility. Just because people don’t see it doesn’t make it viable. It is QUITE POSSIBLE to match the damage of some classes with say a ranger with GS and quickening zephyr/sharpening stone activated… the bleed damage alone just WRACKS up very fast. And even if one condition removal is used sharpening stone applies to the next 5 or 6 attacks…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer