D/D Cele Ele is OP but...

in PvP

Posted by: Nezia.8154

Nezia.8154

don’t blame your death to the d/d cele ele if you never dodge at all. :/

Just ranting coz of all the hate I get playing d/d cele ele when in fact the reason they lost is not because I’m OP but because they don’t play smart(doesnt dodge my main attacks(churning earth, fire grab)/doesnt kite etc.).

I just hope that when they do nerf this build, they dont nerf it to the ground that it becomes unviable. So far I prefer this cele ele/engi meta over all the brainless meta we’ve had before.(i.e. spirit ranger, lichform111necro, hambow etc) But then again I main ele, so I might be biased. D;

If you close your mind to new information, you are not being a productive member of the society.
You are the useless log of flesh we have to drag behind us as we move forward.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

A lot of the players who whine about cele will die in any meta lol

And if you are using churning earth against your opponents you are pretty much saying “you are bad”.

in PvP

Nezia.8154

And if you are using churning earth against your opponents you are pretty much saying “you are bad”.

lol ikr the fact that I remembered using churning earth against them must mean something. I rarely (if never) use it. Only way I can use it is in a 3v3(and above) when I’m not the one being focused.

If you close your mind to new information, you are not being a productive member of the society.

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

In 1v1s I always call it the disrespect churn. If I’m using it against you, its me saying I don’t think you’ve got a brain in there.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: Diva.1476

Diva.1476

so true!! and if they take “churning earth” damage on their face then they happily accept “yes we are” lol

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Can we just call them Celementalists? Cele Ele doesn’t sound very good.

One – Piken Square

in PvP

Nezia.8154

Celementalists and Celengineers. LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

People always mix up Good with Easy. Cele Eles and Engies are very good at the moment, but they’re not actually that easy. They do have more to them than just spam skills and win, and this is obvious when you see a good ele/engie fight a bad ele/engie. Unfortunately at the moment the easier classes aren’t actually as effective.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Dear diary,

due to class winner daily i ended up playing celestial d/d ele. I mashed my face as hard as i could against keyboard and somehow things were dying around me while i could tank 3 enemies. I logged back on my d/p thief and wondered why am i even trying?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

i honesetly didnt even think you are that good

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

The problem are class / builds where the actual build bumps up your play by one.
A bad Cele Ele becomes a mediocre player
A good Cele Ele becomes a really good player

While if you do this with other classes / builds, you usually stay at the same or get bumped down a level.
A bad Thief becomes a really bad player and a liability to the team
A bad Guardian becomes a bad player

Simply put, Celestial Ele is cheesy as hell.

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

The problem are class / builds where the actual build bumps up your play by one.

While if you do this with other classes / builds, you usually stay at the same or get bumped down a level.

I don’t think D/D ele is OP other than sustain. I mean sure good one players become really good and bad players might become mediocre, but who’s to say that those people truly enjoy the class and put more time/effort into it or its just their right class? Also even if what you said was true, because of its easy nature (which i disagree with) there is a huge gap between mediocre and good players that it is easy to find and sort out those players. And with abundance of celestial meta, it is even easier to find those that do not meet certain standards and weed them out from any competitive/serious team games.

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

That’s exactly how I win most of my fights on my staff elementalist, lol. Everyone else uses predictable rotations and doesn’t watch my skills to know when to dodge or where to stand, making it really easy to CC and lock them into my burst combos. That, and they’re probably still in the mindset that staff ele = free kill, lol.

That actually goes for bad d/d elementalists, too. People don’t like to accept it as a learn to play issue, though. They always blame it on you being OP and at an unfair advantage to them, because they’re obviously much more skilled than you are. xD

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

I don’t think D/D ele is OP other than sustain. I mean sure good one players become really good and bad players might become mediocre, but who’s to say that those people truly enjoy the class and put more time/effort into it or its just their right class? Also even if what you said was true, because of its easy nature (which i disagree with) there is a huge gap between mediocre and good players that it is easy to find and sort out those players. And with abundance of celestial meta, it is even easier to find those that do not meet certain standards and weed them out from any competitive/serious team games.

But still, they get bumped up a level due to the build. Same with Celestial Turret Engineer. It’s a really strong build but it’s the build that is doing mostly the skill bumping for you. Not the player and those builds are considered Imo cheesy.
Not that there’s anything wrong with cheesy builds winning you matches. But when players don’t realize it’s the build that is making you strong, that’s the sad part.

in PvP

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

Always the same crying over eles and engis… The only thing that needs to be changed:
Sigil of strength : cd increase from 1 to 3s.
Blasting fire fields + sigil of battle: add 2 stacks of might instead of 3.
Runes of strength: half all the duration increasers.
And against the AI spam (aka turrets) : make turrets take condition damage.

All your so called op’d cele builds will be toned down. It’s not the classes that are op’d, or their builds or the celestial amulet. It’s the fact might is easily accessible these days that turn all round builds into beefy dps builds.

As to top dps in a dd ele build… Funny how someone claim it’s all lightning whip and drake’s breath. While actually a well timed burning speed + fire grab does more damage than whipping will.

And calling DD ele cheesy… Than ALL builds are cheesy, because all builds are pretty much about grinding a certain rotation. Not the ele class’ fault they feel op’d because of the might meta that’s been raging for months now.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No stealing my name! I coined that a few hours before your post :p

Spreading the use is fine, though

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

unless you play s/d acro thief you will never have half of the evades you need to avoid the heavy damage AND cc both celestial engineer and elementalist will throw at you. drake’s breath alone requires two chained evades to avoid, and there’s no way to reliably evade updraft and overcharged shot because of the complete lack of broadcast. evading incendiary powder is again impossible because there is absolutely no broadcast, no cooldown indicator (and it doesnt go on cooldown until it procs on hit), and can be proc’d by anything. kiting both cele elementalist and cele engineer is near impossible for everyone thanks to the amount of gap closers ele has, and how effective rifle/nades/magnet pull/incendiary powder is for engineer at range.

in PvP

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Take precision and vitality out of celestial amulet. Buff the other stats accordingly, let them keep they’re might stacking. Also make “on weapon swap” sigil effect as a unique boons so they can be steeled/stripped. Enjoy

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Heh what? Main DPS from a cele D/D ele is lighting whip , doom sigil and drake’s breath which requires 2 dodges to avoid the whole thing.

People dont die to burning speed and chunning earth…. they die to doom sigil and drake breath.

You know what was balanced and didint need any nerf?>> Hambow warr. If you dodge pin down and hammer stuns a hambow cannot kill you.

D/D cele ele will still kill you no matter what you do. Because its gonna out_sustain their openent and slowly kill with burn/poison and 1.5k lightning whip autoattack with 25 stacks of might.

D/D ele is beyond OP . The only thing that stands a chance is a cele engi with crate. Or an S/D thief that will kill it after a couple of hours or days.

I also have a feeling that dodging stuff doesn’t help against a D/D ele, everything they do deals damage compared to other classes where you have to watch for animations.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Dear diary,

due to class winner daily i ended up playing celestial d/d ele. I mashed my face as hard as i could against keyboard and somehow things were dying around me while i could tank 3 enemies. I logged back on my d/p thief and wondered why am i even trying?

This is how I feel whenever I go on engi or ele compared to Mesmer. So true +1

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

In 1v1s I always call it the disrespect churn. If I’m using it against you, its me saying I don’t think you’ve got a brain in there.

or it can also mean your profession heave the match up, doesn’t matter how stupid you play.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

The last time an ele tried to churning earth me I interrupted it and 100-0ed him. I wouldn’t disrespect anyone until they are dead

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

People always mix up Good with Easy. Cele Eles and Engies are very good at the moment, but they’re not actually that easy. They do have more to them than just spam skills and win, and this is obvious when you see a good ele/engie fight a bad ele/engie. Unfortunately at the moment the easier classes aren’t actually as effective.

haha. Yes, they are both easy.