DH in PvP (FIX THAT kitten)

in PvP

Posted by: PrinceKhaled.5104

PrinceKhaled.5104

ANET….. DO kittenIN SOMETHING WITH DH kittenIN TRAPS IN PVP!!!!!

like why? WHYYYYYYYY? why would you have a league with so so so unbalanced classes??
Then people come cry about CoR Revenant skill??? pfff please…..
Fix the kitten of this DH…… so broken build……………….

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

:-/

learn to dodge traps and your whole life will change.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

I used to cry about DH too, but then I learned to play and found out that if you focus them they die pretty fast once they blow their cooldowns.

Also Chill kittens Guardians and Dragonhunters.

in PvP

PrinceKhaled.5104

Isn’t dodging the answer for everything? right?
Play versus DH with brains and sPvP, you will see that you can’t have 10 dodges in 2 seconds.
And yes, I was expecting the answer of “L2P” kind of thing.

You know what? just L2dodge and your life would be better….. how about that for an answer?

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Play versus DH with brains and sPvP, you will see that you can’t have 10 dodges in 2 seconds.

You know what? just L2dodge and your life would be better….. how about that for an answer?

good thing DH doesn’t have 10 traps in two seconds homes. not that you would need ten dodges, as just one would get you out of the AOE.

being emotional about not wanting to dodge traps is hardly becoming of you. quite frankly it just makes it look like you need to L2P even more.

in PvP

PrinceKhaled.5104

being emotional about not wanting to dodge traps is hardly becoming of you. quite frankly it just makes it look like you need to L2P even more.

Do you understand English? What are you talking about? Did I say I don’t want to dodge traps? Make sense please before you post crap…… or go defend and play your DH broken build in peace please.

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Surely the class you’re playing has some other means of survivability than just dodging.
The dodging is just a general tid bit. You expect a trap somewhere? Dodge through it.

Also, they literally only have 5 skills you have to worry about.

Dragon’s maw, true shot, judge’s intervention, SoJ, and hunter ward.

Once that’s on CD, they’re done.

They’ve sacrificed their sustain in order to try and kill you as fast as possible.

It’s like shatter mesmer. You can die in the blink of an eye if you’re squishy and not expecting it.

If you’re expecting it, it’s actually relatively simple to dodge both.

Also, pro-tip.

In a team fight, just throw a target onto the DH.

He’ll die before any of his bunker friend’s on the point will.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Do you understand English? What are you talking about? Did I say I don’t want to dodge traps? Make sense please before you post crap…… or go defend and play your DH broken build in peace please.

why aren’t you dodging the taps then dude? like, why not. it’s not hard. they have activation times. they daze before damage so you even get an icon telling you to dodge. dragons maw even has an animation where you are fine until the jaws close. it’s not hard to dodge them tbh.

if you cared to read my signature you’d know that I play predominantly scrapper in PvP. can’t see why I would be defending DH for my own benifit when I’m on an engineer. but you got emotional and accused me of self serving bias. nice one.

PS. you don’t even need to dodge them on engi. sometimes I facetank traps and then just heal myself back to 100% with a rocket charge combo. haha. easy easy easy.

in PvP

PrinceKhaled.5104

Surely the class you’re playing has some other means of survivability than just dodging.
The dodging is just a general tid bit. You expect a trap somewhere? Dodge through it.

They’ve sacrificed their sustain in order to try and kill you as fast as possible.

It’s like shatter mesmer. You can die in the blink of an eye if you’re squishy and not expecting it.

Also, pro-tip.

Thank you for the advice. Again, play versus a team with brain that coordinate with their DH, you’re destroyed!! Sure every class has their survivability skills, if that’s the case. I don’t want to read complaining about other OP classes (since we can dodge all of them or use our personal surviving skills), because as we all know, there is nothing called stun, immobs, chills, dazes, confusion etc…….

why aren’t you dodging the taps then dude? like, why not. it’s not hard. they have activation times. they daze before damage so you even get an icon telling you to dodge. dragons maw even has an animation where you are fine until the jaws close. it’s not hard to dodge them tbh.

if you cared to read my signature you’d know that I play predominantly scrapper in PvP. can’t see why I would be defending DH for my own benifit when I’m on an engineer. but you got emotional and accused me of self serving bias. nice one.

I am not going to re-explain the dodging part for you. So, because you mentioned couple classes in your signature that means you never played anything else?? what are you talking about man…… cool cool I got your point.

Actually, I got everyones point, that I need to L2dodge. Can someone on this forum try to understand what I mean beside the L2dodge kitten?? Like the dodge his always there in team fights.
Again, I am not talking about a 1v1 situation. Have fun with your DHs everyone.

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Wait a minute?

Is this a revenant having trouble with a DH?

PFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT, AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

Ahh…

Jeez dude.
Your class literally fits every role in a team.

Gank, DPS, Bunker, Condition.

All at the same time~!

in PvP

PrinceKhaled.5104

I will not complain about healing and personal suitability. I will complain about the huge damage per second I take if I got immobed or stunned or trapped with a stupid invisible wall around me but DHs

in PvP

choovanski.5462

bro. you are complaing about dying to an AOE.

just don’t be in the AOE. it’s not rocket science. dodge out of it.

use your passive 2 stacks of stab on dodge or a teleport, or perhaps even infuse light. I play marauders rev and DH is easy game on it. ya can just run hammer and just phase smash his dreams.

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Thank you for the advice. Again, play versus a team with brain that coordinate with their DH, you’re destroyed!! Sure every class has their survivability skills, if that’s the case. I don’t want to read complaining about other OP classes (since we can dodge all of them or use our personal surviving skills), because as we all know, there is nothing called stun, immobs, chills, dazes, confusion etc…….

Which is why all the pro players are using DH.
And not running, you know.
3 rev 1 mes 1 tempest.

Or 2 rev 2 mes 1 tempest.

The most organized players in the game, not using DH

Seriously, drop a target on the DH.

He will die in seconds, especially when compared to the bunkers your team is probably focusing.

P.S. This is coming from someone who plays Bunker Mes against revs, because I literally cannot play anything else against them.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’d advise you to play DH for a while, you will learn very fast how to avoid them when playing other classes.
It is a good noobkiller spec, but against anything more skilled it’s not that good anymore. People have already learned how to avoid it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Good trap DH will make sure you won’t dodge out of their traps. For example in team fights when you use your dodges to evade something else, you won’t even see the traps getting set and boom, wave goodbye to your health pool.

But true that, DH is a rare sight on high-end ranked games. It may have a low skillcap to be efficient but due to it being so borderline easy and predictable, it is much more convenient for experienced players to counter this class.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I just want to say- if DH’s traps are fine then please buff ranger traps so they are also similarly fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Chamladia.8523

Chamladia.8523

I just want to say- if DH’s traps are fine then please buff ranger traps so they are also similarly fine.

^

But of course anet won’t do that, since they hate rangers and so do the rest of the community. It’s even possible that just because you mentioned the word ranger in the forum, we might get a new nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

DH is bad in the current meta….. this problem doesn’t exist outside of emerald/sapphire… -.-°

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

^

But of course anet won’t do that, since they hate rangers and so do the rest of the community. It’s even possible that just because you mentioned the word ranger in the forum, we might get a new nerf.

I am expecting that traps will be nerfed across the board so that they remain on CD until triggered. This would somewhat balance DH’s traps and completely destroy ranger and thief trap builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Imo dodging traps isnt that hard. Main problem for me is that bugged LB5 where you didnt see it most of the time and running into it over and over because of that

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Imo dodging traps isnt that hard. Main problem for me is that bugged LB5 where you didnt see it most of the time and running into it over and over because of that

stand still after elite trap for a few seconds (or use teleports/stability) – here, your huge problem has been solved…. -.-°

in PvP

Posted by: Interpretor.3091

Interpretor.3091

Also, pro-tip.

I am not going to re-explain the dodging part for you. So, because you mentioned couple classes in your signature that means you never played anything else?? what are you talking about man…… cool cool I got your point.

Actually, I got everyones point, that I need to L2dodge. Can someone on this forum try to understand what I mean beside the L2dodge kitten?? Like the dodge his always there in team fights.
Again, I am not talking about a 1v1 situation. Have fun with your DHs everyone.

Lmao is this dude for real?! I can’t tell if this is a troll post or not. Listen OP, It’s seriously a l2p issue man, DH are good at stomping bad players and that’s about it. I’m sorry and I know it’s going to upset you but just practice a little more instead of complaining. For the record, I don’t play DH either because it’s actually not a good class right now.

Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

ANET….. DO kittenIN SOMETHING WITH DH kittenIN TRAPS IN PVP!!!!!

like why? WHYYYYYYYY? why would you have a league with so so so unbalanced classes??
Then people come cry about CoR Revenant skill??? pfff please…..
Fix the kitten of this DH…… so broken build……………….

Nice to see that some posts still can make me laugh.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Basically, OP just came out as a bad player.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Ppl still saying DH are broken -.-

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

DH is broken for 70% of the players,top players have no problem with it as they are running the counter build and are better at dodging

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

DH is broken for 70% of the players,top players have no problem with it as they are running the counter build and are better at dodging

well, that’s no reason to nerf it; you can’t nerf stuff based on how bad to mediocre players feel about it, this would absolutely ruin the whole game. Bad players don’t think about counters, don’t work on their MU’s, don’t rotate properly etc. – they just whine when they loose against sth. that’s why they are bad. Or they simply don’t play enough to do these things.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Make the traps last less time.
Dodging them is only half the reward since they still say on the ground active for like 8sec each.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: Cuchulainn.7421

Cuchulainn.7421

Actually there are very high tier players on EU server who play dh with berserker amulett and make it work and survive.

So, it is not an argument to say, dh is useless in high tier pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

DH IS TOO STRONK. Sorry nvm, I take it back. It’s funny cause I play with some of the people who think DH is really strong, I feel for them. But frankly, there is nothing they could change without making them completely unviable. Right now, when you trigger a trap, you have about 1 second to dodge, and it has to be in the correct direction. In fact, often one dodge will waste 2-3 traps at a time. Since the season has begun, I have died a few times to DH, and I think once was due to the elite trap catching me. However, I can’t place DH high up on the list of problems with this meta. They are very easy to play is the problem I think. The only change I could advise (which would actually make them stronger and more viable at higher levels, but players who are bad DH would be worse) is to make the traps have to be activated to trigger. This would make them more active, and prevent bads from killing players off screen. However, good players could really screw over the current counters to DH with this change. It would be very difficult no know when you are standing on traps and they could trigger them only during opportune times, which would catch even good players. I’d personally be scarred of this change, because I often play a very glassy build and the only way to survive DH is how easy their traps are to avoid. (medi guards are way more tough to fight)

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

The only time I die to DH is if I’m just screwing around and not actually trying to be aware of positioning or traps. Sure if they port into a team fight out of nowhere and drop 2-3 traps + Dragon maw, chances are at least ONE person is going to be out of evades/dodges/mobility CDs and get eaten alive. Gimmicky and lame.

DH is broken. It’s not overpowered. It’s just broken. The gameplay is asinine. The skillcap is low. It’s really just a gimmicky cartoon that just annoys people profoundly in hotjoins and solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Tempest hard counters DH. You should be able to kill any power-based DH build 1v1. Regardless, if you focus them in a team fight, the die even faster. DH has high burst but honestly no sustain. The reason why condi revs are more feared now is that

- Nothing really saves you from condi aids
- They have a lot more mobility and sustain than DH

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

CD should start after the trap has been activated and not placed. Give them the option to destroy traps if to initiate the CD.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

DH IS TOO STRONK. Sorry nvm, I take it back. It’s funny cause I play with some of the people who think DH is really strong, I feel for them. But frankly, there is nothing they could change without making them completely unviable. Right now, when you trigger a trap, you have about 1 second to dodge, and it has to be in the correct direction. In fact, often one dodge will waste 2-3 traps at a time. Since the season has begun, I have died a few times to DH, and I think once was due to the elite trap catching me. However, I can’t place DH high up on the list of problems with this meta. They are very easy to play is the problem I think. The only change I could advise (which would actually make them stronger and more viable at higher levels, but players who are bad DH would be worse) is to make the traps have to be activated to trigger. This would make them more active, and prevent bads from killing players off screen. However, good players could really screw over the current counters to DH with this change. It would be very difficult no know when you are standing on traps and they could trigger them only during opportune times, which would catch even good players. I’d personally be scarred of this change, because I often play a very glassy build and the only way to survive DH is how easy their traps are to avoid. (medi guards are way more tough to fight)

Omg i would love this.

Imagine, being able to trigger traps on command.

Unfortunately it would still cause qq because nobody likes being outplayed.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

?

Why are people saying -just dodge the DH traps-?

Is this still a thing? people are going to pretend that invisible burst is okay. It doesn’t matter how squishy you build, being able to run a build that can nuke someones HP pool without telegraphs is poor design.

We went over this with thieves.

We went over this with Stealthbomb mesmers.

“oh, just predict the invisible attack” didn’t work then.

Why should this be any different?

Of course the DH is a dead target once he spends his utilities, but being able to spend them all to erase an HP pool, even with a half-second window as counterplay, is still bad design. What is it about cruise control builds that gets people so defensive? Your strategy is literally:

a.) Drop traps somewhere that is frequented by enemy
b.) Be nearby to stomp

That is almost identical to the turret engie decap build that people tried to declare as an engaging build when it was valid.

except this one is invisible, portable, impervious to dps, and comes with a port so you can literally drop traps on your opponent.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in PvP

Posted by: bud.9246

bud.9246

… ya can just run hammer and just phase smash his dreams.

lolz

have definitely done this a few times and it is so satisfying

the reason it is satisfying though is because DH’s have been wrecking face since the expansion

just because something is only OP in SoloQ doesn’t mean it’s not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Tempest hard counters DH. You should be able to kill any power-based DH build 1v1. Regardless, if you focus them in a team fight, the die even faster. DH has high burst but honestly no sustain. The reason why condi revs are more feared now is that

The problem is that because bunker tempest can survive a DH stack of traps because of this the elementalist class has been cornered into only 1 viable build. It kittening sucks that every other build we run we just get 1-shot as soon as we step on the trap.

Then there is the issues of perma-cc and class stacking.

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

The problem is that because bunker tempest can survive a DH stack of traps because of this the elementalist class has been cornered into only 1 viable build. It kittening sucks that every other build we run we just get 1-shot as soon as we step on the trap.

Then there is the issues of perma-cc and class stacking.

I agree that traps should have their damaged lowered. Still debating internally about invisibility.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Frankly as someone who mains a guardian I would rather they change the traps into marks (like necro staff marks).

By doing so there would be a trade off

1: They would no longer be invisible.
2: They would not last as long once placed.

However

3: They would share any boons granted with allies as well.
4: Could possibly have some finishers such as blasts/whirls added onto them.

This would stop the whining from lower ranked players about being surprised by DH traps while at the same time making their utility better for group play.

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

Frankly as someone who mains a guardian I would rather they change the traps into marks (like necro staff marks).

However

This would stop the whining from lower ranked players about being surprised by DH traps while at the same time making their utility better for group play.

I’m okay with this. Having only myself to blame for:

*Stepping on a trap
*being positioned poorly so that I can be feared/launched into a trap

is what I’m looking for.

That being said it defeats the purpose of a trap. Maybe not go so far.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: rian.9708

rian.9708

You know that if anet will nerf traps most guards will change to revs and mesmers and the matchups would be even worse but hey a new thing to cry about,most of them alredy did that,the ones that are left playing it are the ones who are not ready to give up on their most loved class after playing it for years……

(edited by rian.9708)

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

You know that if anet will nerf traps most gur
ards will change to revs and mesmers and the matchups would be even worse but hey a new thing to cry about,most of them alredy did that,the ones that are left playing it are the ones who are not ready to give up on their most loved class after playing it for years…….

Thats fine. Theyll be just like thieves and warriors.

keep nerfing them until people have to try.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

However

*Stepping on a trap

is what I’m looking for.

hence why I said change them to marks

in PvP

Kuya.6495

I’m fine with marks as long as boons get shared to allies as well and the traps aren’t nerfed damage wise nor the daze removed. Purification might be good for bunker guards if they ever come back.

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

l2p nerd

/jkdonthurtme

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

However

*Stepping on a trap

is what I’m looking for.

hence why I said change them to marks

the point
|
|
|
me

Right, right.

Also:

WHYYYYYYYY?

outstanding.

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

?

Why are people saying -just dodge the DH traps-?

Is this still a thing? people are going to pretend that invisible burst is okay. It doesn’t matter how squishy you build, being able to run a build that can nuke someones HP pool without telegraphs is poor design.

We went over this with thieves.

We went over this with Stealthbomb mesmers.

“oh, just predict the invisible attack” didn’t work then.

Why should this be any different?

Of course the DH is a dead target once he spends his utilities, but being able to spend them all to erase an HP pool, even with a half-second window as counterplay, is still bad design. What is it about cruise control builds that gets people so defensive? Your strategy is literally:

a.) Drop traps somewhere that is frequented by enemy
b.) Be nearby to stomp

That is almost identical to the turret engie decap build that people tried to declare as an engaging build when it was valid.

except this one is invisible, portable, impervious to dps, and comes with a port so you can literally drop traps on your opponent.

1. It’s “invisible burst” with a delay. If you burn through all of your dodges, then any burst will kill you. If you can’t react to burst within a split second, then any burst will kill you.

2. The issue with Thieves and Mesmers was more than just “invisible damage”. Especially for Mesmer, you have a fair warning that damage is coming your way when you see clones pop/get hit by a daze.
It’s also the amount of damage (free condi damage, anyone?), and escapes they had.

Now a days, you go into a fight invisibly, and get destroyed by AOE & Condi before you even do a single point of damage. So you have to play it a lot safer.

Which, I’m actually kind of fine with. For the most part, anyway. I’d like to see numbers tweaked though.

Now with all of that said.
I’m a fan of making the traps be marks and giving them a small buff.

It still puts pressure down, and it still could be used with your teleport to possibly insta kill people.
Seems reasonable.

But that nerf needs to come hand in hand with the bunker & rev nerfs.
It shouldn’t happen before it, because DH is already in a state of being countered.

in PvP

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

The only thing that annoys me about DH is the daze, and that’s still not horribly op, I can survive the trap damage and avoid it quite easily on every class that I play.

in PvP

PrinceKhaled.5104

The only time I die to DH is if I’m just screwing around and not actually trying to be aware of positioning or traps. Sure if they port into a team fight out of nowhere and drop 2-3 traps + Dragon maw, chances are at least ONE person is going to be out of evades/dodges/mobility CDs and get eaten alive. Gimmicky and lame.

For all the pro-acting-like players, here is the the reply I was waiting for, thank you Chip Skylark.
Please read and understand my post before acting pro and be like “high tier players….. and L2P” all that nonsense. Moreover, when I started this topic I wasn’t talking about 1v1 vs a DH. A brainless DH with other brained players in his team can, genuinely, kill you in 1 second once they put the nice target on your head!!

And yes, I am not like a high tier PvP players like “all” of you who replied with “L2Dodge” which I am sure you’re not a high teir PvP player either but you want to act like one.

(edited by PrinceKhaled.5104)

in PvP

PrinceKhaled.5104

l2p nerd
/jkdonthurtme

Isn’t this the reply for every OP skill in game? Let’s increase all the skill damage for all classes and then come and tell me “L2P nerd”!

(edited by PrinceKhaled.5104)