DH problem is not the traps....

in PvP

Posted by: Barosmare.2196

Barosmare.2196

SO here’s the deal. Yes… the traps are super strong, they do ridonculous dmg and have cc with the ulti BUT why would you go in them? ….. assuming you can actually see where they were placed

Well you DONT! You just range the DH right? so as to avoid the traps but here is the kick in the teeth: The DH longbow dmg is wayyy to high to warrant any sort of counterplay around those traps…

my 2 cents.

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

DH is not a problem, you just go through the traps with stab and you dodge, or pop an invul like endure pain.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

The problem with DH is that the traps are bugged, and sometimes you cant see them. I’ve lost so many skirmishes/teamfights cos this….

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

DH is horrible in the current meta…. maybe soon even emerald players will learn this fact…. ^^

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

DH isn’t horrible but is pushed out by the current top-flight bunkers. If the bunkering gets pulled into line, DH is going to need a rework as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Dh problem isn’t the traps, it is more likely dealing at same with 2 of them + bunker mesmer + necro spamming conditions..

An other issue also is when one of your teammates is down in traps 1v1, if you rez the teammate you down instantly, if you down the guardian, you gotta expect him to die before the teammate. Last choice is to trigger traps, rez the teammate without dying, which is fairly hard..

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

The CC’s on traps are ridiculous + the elite being visually bugged and you cant expect melee specs to just wave at your from afar.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

traps should have an “instanst” effect and don’t be permanent.

Like thief traps or necro marks.

Then, if you dodge, you avoid the effect.
If you don’t, you’ll take it.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Dh is a slow gimmick easily shut down by its own low mobilty and reflect

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

DH isn’t horrible but is pushed out by the current top-flight bunkers. If the bunkering gets pulled into line, DH is going to need a rework as well.

yepp, thats why I’ve written “in the current meta”. It gets pretty much hardcountered in multiple ways by the top-4 builds. There is no need to talk about rebalancing DH until the meta has changed in a substantial way.

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

DH is not a problem, you just go through the traps with stab and you dodge, or pop an invul like endure pain.

If only a warrior’s endure pain had a 20s cooldown like your traps huh?..

Sure use up all your dodges and cooldowns so the second set of traps will wreck you when you try to contest the point. Great idea.

in PvP

chibbi.3706

If only a warrior’s endure pain had a 20s cooldown like your traps huh?..

Sure use up all your dodges and cooldowns so the second set of traps will wreck you when you try to contest the point. Great idea.

I’m the warrior player here, but alright mate.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

traps should have an “instanst” effect and don’t be permanent.

I agree. It’s not much of a problem with Procession of Blades and the spin to win, but the heal trap is a full heal no matter what when casted on point, even if you read it. That needs to change.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

then he pulls you back into traps…
or totaly lock you down in place with the longbow trap that you cant dodge out…
or 2 dhs teleport in your face and put all the traps under your face…..

or all 3…

even my 55k HP reaper with the 50% dmg reduc minion gets nuked in seconds if im out of dodge and they do these….

and im like WTF was this ??

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

in PvP

chibbi.3706

then he pulls you back into traps…
or totaly lock you down in place with the longbow trap that you cant dodge out…
or 2 dhs teleport in your face and put all the traps under your face…..

or all 3…

even my 55k HP reaper with the 50% dmg reduc minion gets nuked in seconds if im out of dodge and they do these….

and im like WTF was this ??

DH is not a problem, you just go through the traps with stab

And if they port to you and you’re out of dodges, since your a reaper you use your flesh wurm.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

There are problems with DH traps, they give far too much for little effort.

You just fire and forget with them, no setup risk.

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Who have problem with DH are simply in tier 1-2, max 3, and I think u are in the right place..learn to play, and you will cry at ruby-diamond tier against true ele and druid!

in PvP

Posted by: Floplag.4032

Floplag.4032

I play a DH, and honestly most of those who get blown up by me are doing it wrong.. its that simple.

The only ones i truly feel sorry for are Thiefs, they have almost nothing for me unless i do it wrong… anyone else, yeah, you have options. Yes, you have to think, you cant just leeeeroy in and pew pew… sorry, but use your brain not your balls.

You want to complain complain about those with no natural predators or counters…. Temp, bunker Mes, Revs… things that actually are OP. But DH, im sorry thats a L2P issue most of the time.

Its kinda silly complaining about things that are not even in the meta.. just sayin. Lets bring the obvious OP back down a little… the obvious weaker classes up, and stop worrying about the ones in the middle that are basically where they should be.

in PvP

Zoltreez.6435

I play a DH, and honestly most of those who get blown up by me are doing it wrong.. its that simple.

The only ones i truly feel sorry for are Thiefs, they have almost nothing for me unless i do it wrong… anyone else, yeah, you have options. Yes, you have to think, you cant just leeeeroy in and pew pew… sorry, but use your brain not your balls.

You want to complain complain about those with no natural predators or counters…. Temp, bunker Mes, Revs… things that actually are OP. But DH, im sorry thats a L2P issue most of the time.

Its kinda silly complaining about things that are not even in the meta.. just sayin. Lets bring the obvious OP back down a little… the obvious weaker classes up, and stop worrying about the ones in the middle that are basically where they should be.

they aren’t middle lol they are OP just under the radar because the super OP Ele mes etc Bunkers

the moment those get nerfed DHs will start Swarming all the brackets and start nuking entire enemy teams with premade 2-3 DHs

especialy if they start nerfing the boon applications stab end regen hp regen etc.

yeah i totaly can see it happen.

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Nuke is the right word… This thread is so lame.

in PvP

Floplag.4032

they aren’t middle lol they are OP just under the radar because the super OP Ele mes etc Bunkers

the moment those get nerfed DHs will start Swarming all the brackets and start nuking entire enemy teams with premade 2-3 DHs

especialy if they start nerfing the boon applications stab end regen hp regen etc.

EVERYTHING cant be OP, im sorry it doesnt work that way.

Right now the meta, of which DH are not part of, includes 4-5 classes. It is those classes, along with those at the bottom of the list, where nerfs and buffs start… not in the middle on the basis of a what if. Thats just not logical reasoning.

IF it happens as you say then yes, nerf them, but you cant do that till youve taken care of the obvious OP scenarios and DH are not that at this point nor is the scenario you describe likely unless they nerf others to the ground.

I think some people need to buff their gameplay more than nerf DH. I see so many people just jumping in on me like im just standing there for no reason… thats not me being OP thats you not thinking. Bad play doesnt make a spec OP.

in PvP

Posted by: King Dhuum.2416

King Dhuum.2416

They are totally OP! Well… Besides build X, Y and Z that are currently more OP and being used by 99.99% of the player population in division 5+. So yeah, DH is certainly OP!

Cough Cough

With that logic you can say warrior is totally OP, if they nerf every other class and (extra bonus:) get rid of evasion and dodge mechanics on all classes :p. Then it would be like fighting pve monsters that cant evade or dodge.

in PvP

Zoltreez.6435

Right now the meta, of which DH are not part of, includes 4-5 classes. It is those classes, along with those at the bottom of the list, where nerfs and buffs start… not in the middle on the basis of a what if. Thats just not logical reasoning.

IF it happens as you say then yes, nerf them, but you cant do that till youve taken care of the obvious OP scenarios and DH are not that at this point nor is the scenario you describe likely unless they nerf others to the ground.

I think some people need to buff their gameplay more than nerf DH. I see so many people just jumping in on me like im just standing there for no reason… thats not me being OP thats you not thinking. Bad play doesnt make a spec OP.

so a melee should just bend over while you stand in your traps and nuke him ?
yeah right….

in my opinion traps need DMG nerfs and DHs should get some Self sustain buffs to compensate for some of the lost dmg.

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I learned to fight them in 1vs1 with my Necromancer, then every class that have a good ranged weapon (a thing that the necro don’t have, unless you use the old Death Shroud, but no one use it) can kill a DH. Yes the F3 skill grant them 5 sec of total invulnerability, making him really hard to fight, but if you also have defensive skills or spam some burst damage you can kill him easy just by ignoring the traps.
Just evade when he active Justice Intervention why immediatly after that he will spam his traps under your feets.

The LB damage is really really high and that make them really hard to fight by range, that’s true, but with tactic (use trees, walls and other things to protect you, for example) and one or two defensive skills you can kill him.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

If you guys don’t think DH is good, you are just being biased.

in PvP

chibbi.3706

yeah right….

in my opinion traps need DMG nerfs and DHs should get some Self sustain buffs to compensate for some of the lost dmg.

Every melee class has option against DH. Actually, DH is the only 1v1 matchup I can consistantly win with my warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Every melee class except thief has option against DH. Actually, DH is the only 1v1 matchup I can consistantly win with my warrior.

There, fyp.

in PvP

Floplag.4032

yeah right….

Of course not, anymore than i should stand still when you are in melee range and get blown up… again every snake has to have its mongoose.
Again thats not the spec, thats a L2P
Either way, i realize you as a melee centric class are at a disadvantage against me, i get that, but that doesnt make the class OP overall, just against your chosen/preferred spec.

in PvP

Posted by: Crig.6245

Crig.6245

Only class against which i am 80% sure i win 1v1 on dh is another dh that runs 3+ traps.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

DH traps are too strong, which in turn drives the current Meta, which pretty much destroys DH when played right. Lower the damage on DH traps, and give DH other damage options, and we might see more glassy bunker buster builds. It’s hard to use bunker busters at the moment because DH and Rev will destroy you. (Sorry thieves, berserkers, and shatter mesmers).

So, yes, DH traps deal too much damage, but the meta bunker builds can chew it up and spit it out, so it’s hard to accurately say DH is OP. It needs an adjustment along with Rev, maybe.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in PvP

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

If you guys don’t think DH is good, you are just being biased.

I used to think they were OP but not anymore. I primarily play with my ranger and I’ve become confident battling them 1v1. Regardless of my build, I win against them about 90% of the time. Honestly the main times they’ve downed me is when more people become involved and my focus isn’t entirety on them any longer.

Really aren’t OP to me, even if you think my opinion is biased because I happen to disagree with you. DHs have weaknesses, worst of which is just how predictable they are. If you were open to my advice, which I doubt you are, I’d suggest you keep practicing against them until you see it too and learn to counter them. Maybe find a lobby to duel a DH friend of yours?

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

in PvP

chibbi.3706

DH traps are too strong, which in turn drives the current Meta, which pretty much destroys DH when played right. Lower the damage on DH traps, and give DH other damage options, and we might see more glassy bunker buster builds. It’s hard to use bunker busters at the moment because DH and Rev will destroy you. (Sorry thieves, berserkers, and shatter mesmers).

So, yes, DH traps deal too much damage, but the meta bunker builds can chew it up and spit it out, so it’s hard to accurately say DH is OP. It needs an adjustment along with Rev, maybe.

Berserkers does completely fine against DH, and I’m fairly sure shatter mesmer does too.
Berserker’s problem is entirely conditions as you have no defense against it beside your 8s immunity. Also bunker mesmer is extremely annoying.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I use a Blast Gyro on DH traps… Even funnier when they say it’s “not fair” and “unskilled” to do it…

But, truth be told, I’m only playing Engie currently because it’s one of the very few marauder builds that can withstand a DH burst…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

2 Fixes.

1) Actually fix invisble traps when you saw you did this time
2) It is stupid asf that you get knocked down when you blink out of LB5/Maw. Plz change.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

2 Fixes.

1) Actually fix invisble traps when you saw you did this time
2) It is stupid asf that you get knocked down when you blink out of LB5/Maw. Plz change.

Same thing happens with Ranger and lightning reflexes, it knocks you out of your stun breaker. It is stupid busted. Must have enough defense to survive the inevitable burst. Hence bunker meta.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Mirrodin.8729

Mirrodin.8729

the issue for me is (and maybe because that) i used my warrior in 7 games, yet traps could dazzle me, do damage (somehow) and do all that stuff even after using triple stance (berserker, endure pain, balanced) i got dazzed, knocked down and still hurt, hell even with rampage i feel like a i werent using anything or i was a warrior, same issue with any class

in PvP

SolarDragon.7063

This is a very good post. The only reason that rev is in the current meta is because of the plethora of evades and blocks it has that allow it to survive under AoE pressure, but it pushes out almost all the other glassy builds, as does DH.

in PvP

SolarDragon.7063

This is a very good post. The only reason that rev is in the current meta is because of the plethora of evades and blocks it has that allow it to survive under AoE pressure, but it pushes out almost all the other glassy builds, as does DH.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I just wanna know why DH AA does 3k dmg and hits through walls and solid rocks (i have 20 ms latency, inb4 lag issue).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

You know that engie with fire trower fires trough wall? So shut up about DH! Who has problem with DH is tier 1-2, really, or should be there!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You know that engie with fire trower fires trough wall? So shut up about DH! Who has problem with DH is tier 1-2, really, or should be there!

Those are aoe not projectiles~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

The problem with dh is that it sucks against tempest, scrapper, druid, bunker mes and revenant.
Despite dh feeling rather underwhelming, I think that f1 casting time should be increased (along with nerfs to the current top tier classes/builds).

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Regardless if Dragonhunter is OP or not, (which actually wasn’t discussed) the original poster does have a point, DH is a power creep. Looking at it as balance perspective, there is no trade off. Feels like anet gave all the candy and forgot to include the sugar rush, the penalty, from eating them all.

The Longbow damage is too high and have way too many defensive (support) skills. Using such ranged weapon should put the user in a vulnerable position in a melee combat, which doesn’t necessary happens with dragonhunter.

I’d modify the longbow skills to be more on par with ranger and warrior:

• Increase the cool down of the trait Heavy Light from 10 seconds to 15 seconds;
  • Remove the bounce from the auto attack and add to inflict cripple for 1 second every 3 attacks;
  • Deflecting Shot base damage reduced from 226 to 100;
  • Increase the cool down from True Shot to 9 seconds and keep the cast time;
  • Hunter’s Ward can only be used in a range of 600 up to 1200 units, never in melee distance

All professions elite specs need an extended overhaul and to be toned down to the core specs, making them as closer as possible to warrior and thief, which in turn needs some small tweaks.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Like other people have stated, DH will never be meta until tempest gets looked at. Tempest just hard-counters it too much.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Like other people have stated, DH will never be meta until tempest gets looked at. Tempest just hard-counters it too much.

Pretty much this. Chronobunkers and Tempest have too much blocks, evades, and projectile hate to allow DH to be meta.
[shameless plug]
That said if Tempests where to lose say Diamond skin, they’d be weak to reaper, which would bring reaper into meta, which in turn would bring DH into meta since DH is good against necros.
[/shameless plug]

Aren’t you the same Floplag from the SW:TOR forums that used to complain about how every class other than your main was OP?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Personally I find DH silly because the new f1-f3 are flat upgrades over the old virtues instead of different f1-f3, like how Reaper Shroud is a replacement for Death Shroud. They’re different abilities, they have different names, I don’t understand why they’re basically Virtue+1.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

My Main is a DH but i also play Rev and in the last few days i started playing Marauder Scrapper. Honestly DH works really really well against low tier players. Its incredible how many players see my DH standing on point but still run right up to me and try and melee, triggering all my traps.

Having played DH a lot i have very little problem facing them with my Rev or my Scrapper.

Rev Hammer 3 or Staff 5 can trigger traps while evading all the damage.
Scrapper has stability on demand to get out of traps and has an amazing low CD reflect on hammer 2 to throw that True Shot back in the DH face.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Floplag.4032

Aren’t you the same Floplag from the SW:TOR forums that used to complain about how every class other than your main was OP?

I played SWTOR so yes it was probably me. I also never said what you imply about “every other spec” or anything even close to that so while it was likely me your view of anything i ever said there is incorrect and or/biased.
Did i call out meta specs, yes.. i did, i will in any game as they disproportionally affect balance.
The better question is why dont you? Unless you are one of those guys that has to play meta to compete you should be calling for balance, which is all ive ever wanted in any game. Having high rank with meta specs is almost meaningless when balance is not in place.
No game is ever completely balanced, ive never seen it in my years of gaming, but there are typically very obvious issues that need to be addressed. The difference is how fast and what they do to address them.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I played SWTOR so yes it was probably me. I also never said what you imply about “every other spec” or anything even close to that so while it was likely me your view of anything i ever said there is incorrect and or/biased.
Did i call out meta specs, yes.. i did, i will in any game as they disproportionally affect balance.
The better question is why dont you? Unless you are one of those guys that has to play meta to compete you should be calling for balance, which is all ive ever wanted in any game. Having high rank with meta specs is almost meaningless when balance is not in place.
No game is ever completely balanced, ive never seen it in my years of gaming, but there are typically very obvious issues that need to be addressed. The difference is how fast and what they do to address them.

And what’s your main here in GW2 ^^?

in PvP

Floplag.4032

And what’s your main here in GW2 ^^?

Cant say i have 1 main at this point, it depends on the game mode and the needs of the guild.
I play DH and/or Ranger/Druid given choice as i prefer ranged play field of vision and less “magical” classes. I was a Mercenary in TOR, a Hunter in WoW. I have completed more content on the Ranger than any other so i guess i would call that my main, but since HoT ive spent more time on the DH.
But I also play Necro and Rev as needed by the guild mainly in WvW and GvG scenarios since the other 2 arent really viable in those play styles currently, at least not with my guilds composition.
As i did in TOR/WoW i have one off each class though to help better understand what each can do.
I don’t know what bearing that has on this conversation so any further questions about my play might be better handled in a PM.