Deathly Claws = ummm huh

Deathly Claws = ummm huh

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

other skills are occasionally worth using btw, skill 5 strips all boons in an AOE and skill 3 is an AOE knockback, marks are sometimes useful as well.

Deathly Claws = ummm huh

in PvP

Posted by: Pseudo Nyx.1390

Pseudo Nyx.1390

I’d say this is the case for many elites, the cool down makes them fair to a degree, if you play in a team I don’t see why its an issue even pugs because the lich becomes a giant target so with out excellent positioning is downed in seconds, for team we’d steal it then fear him giving us 20 seconds of stability and then they get chain cc’d or its just boon stripped. If its 1v1 I just hide or boon strip. But if you get caught off guard man that piercing hurts :P

(edited by Pseudo Nyx.1390)

Deathly Claws = ummm huh

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

YEP deathly claws and lich form are so OP that’s why you see so many teams running power necros… oh wait. This is a massive L2P issue. As others have said there are numerous ways for every single class to deal with lich form. In all honestly if you die to a power necro on any of the meta builds its cause you got outplayed. The build has no burst, and eats cc like its a job.

Except lich form (Correct me if I’m wrong) grants stability, that not everyone can remove. Necro’s also have the potential to get upwards of 50k+ Hp through the use of death shroud and lich form, soo.. Yeah, necro’s aren’t in the greatest of spots, they’re certainly not unviable, the reason there are no power builds is because the fear/condition necro is simply that much stronger and still has insane pressure.

Still doesn’t change the fact that whether it’s an Elite or not, having a 7k damage auto attack that can be cast from range with no cooldown is stupidly OP, where’s my tome for my guardian that constantly crits 7k and is an auto attack?

Tome of Wrath can do that, IIRC. Granted, the damage is split between the Burning and direct damage. You don’t see people doing that because the Stability requires 4 points in Virtues instead of a traitline that gives damage, so those hits are either unreliable (no stability) or weaker.

And Renewed Focus is just great all the time.

Correct. While it is rough to trait stability for it, The tome is actually OP as well. Auto attack is an AOE (not single target) that hits for 4-5k + massive burning. The #5 skills hits harder than anything in the game. I have messed with it before when I was just bored and looking for some big deeps. There were 3 enemy on our home, I walked in to make it a 2v3 (or 3v3?) and I popped #5 with all 3 enemies around 80% health and they all got 1 shot. It is a mass AEO and I hit each of them for 12-15k damage. It does kind of suck not having the stability but the auto attacks can’t be dodged or stopped (maybe blocking will work). It is an instant AOE ground target (kind of like marks).

Try it out and have some fun Requires good positioning if you have no Stab up though.

Rampage is just as OP too…and has a lot of CC.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

Deathly Claws = ummm huh

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

i think all transform skills are gimmicky
rampage, lich, tornado

Deathly Claws = ummm huh

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

as a player that plays mostly power necro for the fun Lich form is a liability. its VERY easily countered by boon strips, moa, reflect, dodges. Its a extremely situational ability and if you use it at the wrong time your dead.

Deathly Claws = ummm huh

in PvP

Posted by: Marignano.4861

Marignano.4861

Sure.

As I said before. You won’t walk, LoS. strafe, dodge roll or any other /coolstorybro move when you are slapped down and stunned. The Cds on signets to break those are long. No one shows up to every fight with those up and ready to go. No one said the necro provided the stunt-lots of classes have access to those. (this is a a sPvP scenario btw)

The point is the damage output for a spammable is f’ing kittened. Obviously no necro is going to use this in non favorable conditions. GW2 pvp is an intricate blend of skill, builds, creativity, and reactions time. Monkey dumping 7k every .75 seconds is none of those. If you’ll notice in the OP ss that’s over 34k damage in about 3.75 seconds or 9k dps. Enough to two-shot 75% of the DPS oriented population in 1.5 seconds, given the right circumstances such as most anyone else’s KD or stun timer.

Deathly Claws = ummm huh

in PvP

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Sure.

As I said before. You won’t walk, LoS. strafe, dodge roll or any other /coolstorybro move when you are slapped down and stunned. The Cds on signets to break those are long. No one shows up to every fight with those up and ready to go. No one said the necro provided the stunt-lots of classes have access to those. (this is a a sPvP scenario btw)

The point is the damage output for a spammable is kitten kittened. Obviously no necro is going to use this in non favorable conditions. GW2 pvp is an intricate blend of skill, builds, creativity, and reactions time. Monkey dumping 7k every .75 seconds is none of those. If you’ll notice in the OP ss that’s over 34k damage in about 3.75 seconds or 9k dps. Enough to two-shot 75% of the DPS oriented population in 1.5 seconds, given the right circumstances such as most anyone else’s KD or stun timer.

Well judging by your combat log image, you were not actually trying very hard to get away at all. In the combat log there is no application of fear or stun, only one skill causing knockdown, which was a downed skill, which was casted by you, which indicates you were not trying to get away at all. So no, your situational awareness is just awful or you’re lazy.

/thread

(edited by Lazaar.9123)