Dec 10th baboon preview

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

[Mesmer]
Portal Entre: Make it a diff color than Portal Exeunt

Make them Blue and Orange or gtfo.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Having to update for 5 minutes is not a good reason to make balance patches months apart. Small and metered changes should occur over a few weeks, not large changes every 3 months. If its an issue with tournaments, just see if they can be rescheduled. Do not wait months to fix the sigil of paralyzation. It may be bad for the players but it will be better for the game as a whole.

Agree

Would love to see 1 change once a month for each class. This would allow for slow steady development and for the meta to keep up with the changes.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I agree with everything EXCEPT the statement he made which I highlighted below in bold. I don’t want to feel forced into playing other classes in order to achieve dragon (even though I already do).

Instead of a pt scale, each rank from rabbit to phoenix should be attained through completing a set of challenges with each class, Dragon being achieved by getting all other ranks.

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Bump for great justice.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I think mesmers could use some regen too, or at least more accessible condition cleansing. Right now any damage or condition you put on a mesmer sticks like glue for the entire fight

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Some great ideas in here!!!

We’re reworking how a few things in sPvP function, and I think, based on the sentiments expressed in this thread, that you guys will be pleasantly surprised!

Can’t give all the details, but the team really liked the ideas in here, and we’ll be using them for inspiration as we revamp some PvP systems!

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Some great ideas in here!!!

We’re reworking how a few things in sPvP function, and I think, based on the sentiments expressed in this thread, that you guys will be pleasantly surprised!

Can’t give all the details, but the team really liked the ideas in here, and we’ll be using them for inspiration as we revamp some PvP systems!

Looking forward to that.

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I’ll start by saying…
Great ideas man. Most of them I’m in love with.

But I have to say, the biggest thing I can see helping GW2 right now is more centered around burst dps. Changes to push this game away from burst dps being, by and large, the main source of physical dmg would help GW2 sooooo much.

In GW2, getting a good deal of power with some source of good crit chance and crit dmg nets you insane dmg, each of those stats scale off of each other so well that you net multiplicatively more and more dmg…

what this would accomplish
-Condi dmg could be nerfed without killing specs since the carrion/rabid/rampager power/crit would give relatively more dmg.
(imagine that, condi classes that want to do the most dmg wouldn’t not be pure bunkers!!!)

-Burst dps would be a perk, not necessity in conquest!!!
Every team wouldn’t be running 2-3 people with good power, a good source of crit chance and high bonus crit dmg.

-That’d make most fights not end after one successful rotation…
-That’d cut down the power of CC a little, it won’t lead to near full life bursts.
-That’d make bunkers much more manageable, right now they need to have insane survivability to keep up with zerker dps. The gap between zerker and soldier dps right now is ridiculous, so that leads to anything but top tier dps being unable to touch bunkers. With a change to crit/crit dmg, bunker survivability can be better balanced since soldier/knight dmg isn’t be obnoxiously less than zerker, that and condi dmg wouldn’t be as rediculous of a dmg source.

That all can be done through crits not scale much with power.

Having burst dps is already a big bonus in conquest, it is easily the best thing to have when roaming especially with all the CC in this game, having power/crit/cridmg also scale obscenely well… those are only compounding perks, the devs will always be fighting to balance out insta-gib/cheese bursts if that’s the case.

Cutting down the dmg bonus for critting, making it not scale very much (if at all!!) with power (instead be like a % of the abilities base dmg) would do this game so many favors.

(edited by garethh.3518)

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

[Guardian]

Zealot’s Speed: Change it to 5s of swiftness on weapon swap, 1s if its already on you.

It allows guardian to keep up w/ targets, support dps specs

Revenge of the Fallen: Make it deal damage to the killer of a spirit weapon

This gives spirit weapons a way to survive (or de-incentivise their death) without needing to buff their health

Kindled Zeal: Make it block every 4th condition when virtue of justice is not on cooldown

There should be reasons to go 30 zeal other than just for a laugh

Signet of Wrath: Change the active effect to 3s of quickness

Immobilize is unnecessary since there is a signet that knocksdown

Shimmering Defense: Change its effect from burning to symbol of judgement

at 25% hp, symbol of judgement would help a lot more than burning

Inner Fire: Make it give fire shield when burned for 4s with cooldown of 12s

Strength of the Fallen: Make it give 2s of stability when a spirit weapon is commanded or killed

Spirit weapon users need a way to stay on capture points without getting cc-ed off

Eternal Spirit: Swap it’s position with Spirit Weapon Mastery

This would allow spirit weapons to survive longer, justifying their stupid cooldowns

Healing Breeze: Make it’s skill type consecration

This would shave its cooldown, and increase the healing

Searing Flames: Lower the cooldown to 12s

Smite Condition: Change remove condition to transfer condition

Stronger effect for only removing one

Binding Jeopardy: Make it trigger on blind, apply immobilize instead of vuln, cannot affect same target twice within 10s

Allows greatsword and sword to stick to targets better, more cross trait/weapon synergy

Command(Sword): Make it also a blast finisher

THIS THIS THIS. Give this man a cookie.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

I’ll start by saying…

But I have to say, the biggest thing I can see helping GW2 right now is more centered around burst dps. I’d like changes to push away from spike dps being, by and large, the main source of physical dmg.

In GW2, stacking high power with some source of good crit chance and crit dmg nets you insane dmg, each of those stats scale off of each other so well that you net multiplicatively more and more dmg the more offense you stack…

Being a burst dps is already a big bonus in conquest, it is easily the best thing to be when roaming, having burst dps also scale obscenely well… that’s too many perks, the game will always be fighting against insta-gib/cheese bursts if that’s the case.

Cutting down the dmg bonus for critting, making it not scale very much (if at all!!) with power would do this game so many favors, it would make crits themselves a viable source of dmg you could make very interesting crit/debuff builds, yet if you combined crit with power you net more than either alone (since burst dps is so favorable in conquest that still has it’s merits), but not multiplicatively more dmg…

Lol.What’s the name of the game you are playing?Sounds interesting.

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Zealot’s Speed: Change it to 5s of swiftness on weapon swap, 1s if its already on you.
It allows guardian to keep up w/ targets, support dps specs

That’s too strong of an effect, spammable swiftness would put our mobility on par with an ele’s. We already have extremely strong stick potential with the right weapon sets. Though, I do agree the trait is very underwhelming. I would suggest this effect to be “Gain 15s of Swiftness and 10s of Retaliation when you fall below 50% health.” 30s ICD

Kindled Zeal: Make it block every 4th condition when virtue of justice is not on cooldown
There should be reasons to go 30 zeal other than just for a laugh

Interesting suggestion, though blocking 25% of conditions is REALLY strong. That would just be stupidly overpowered given how much pressure power guardians can put out. I agree there’s no reason to go 30 up Zeal, but that’s because there’s no reason to even go past 10 in that tree. The entire tree needs to be reworked.

Signet of Wrath: Change the active effect to 3s of quickness
Immobilize is unnecessary since there is a signet that knocksdown

Quickness doesn’t really belong in the Guardian kitten nal and having an immobilize signet works well with the kit that we have. I still wouldn’t ever take signets over meds until they rework the Radiance tree.

Shimmering Defense: Change its effect from burning to symbol of judgement
at 25% hp, symbol of judgement would help a lot more than burning

This would be way overpowered, given how SoJ works, currently. I agree that the current effect of this trait is rather overwhelming, but an actual solution to this problem could be “Burn and Blind nearby foes for 7s when you are struck below 50% health.” 30s CD instead of 60s.

Inner Fire: Make it give fire shield when burned for 4s with cooldown of 12s

Seriously? This trait does NOT need a buff, it’s already pretty strong.

Strength of the Fallen: Make it give 2s of stability when a spirit weapon is commanded or killed
Spirit weapon users need a way to stay on capture points without getting cc-ed off

Guardians don’t need more sources of stability, and you know you can dodge CC abilities, right? There’s a trade-off you take when you move away from shouts. Again, I agree that this trait is worthless in SPvP but an actual solution could consist of something more like: Move the trait to Master tier, “Regenerate 5% hp/s while downed.” This heal can be tinkered with, but it would need to be large enough to not get timered, and small enough to not be unstoppable.

Eternal Spirit: Swap it’s position with Spirit Weapon Mastery
This would allow spirit weapons to survive longer, justifying their stupid cooldowns

I think instead, this trait could additionally give Spirit Weapons +33%hp, and maybe immunity to damage conditions (not CC). That way they feel a bit more eternal.

Healing Breeze: Make it’s skill type consecration
This would shave its cooldown, and increase the healing

Hey! You had a good idea! clap

Smite Condition: Change remove condition to transfer condition
Stronger effect for only removing one

No need. This skill already does stupid damage, and you seriously underestimate how much removing 1 condition can do, when done at the right time.

Binding Jeopardy: Make it trigger on blind, apply immobilize instead of vuln, cannot affect same target twice within 10s
Allows greatsword and sword to stick to targets better, more cross trait/weapon synergy

Again, no. Binding Jeopardy is already a very strong trait. Reworking it this way, would just make guardian burst unavoidable, which isn’t what we want. There needs to be room for counterplay.

Guardians can already stick to a target extremely well, if you use your gap closers correctly. Not to mention the amount of damage they can put out is absurdly high if you time it correctly.

Overall, you seem to be more interested in making DPS and Spirit Weapon Guards unstoppable behemoths, rather than actually focusing on balance and counterplay.

(edited by Acandis.3250)

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

ye i dont want so much fokus and buffs on spiritweapons. Guardian has other problems and the last thing we need in this game is another AI-Passive Button-Spam class.

Spiritweapons should be interesting tools but in noway they should be buffed to Spiritranger Spirit-lvl.

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I’ll start by saying…

But I have to say, the biggest thing I can see helping GW2 right now is more centered around burst dps. Changes to push this game away from burst dps being, by and large, the main source of physical dmg would help GW2 sooooo much.

In GW2, getting a good deal of power with some source of good crit chance and crit dmg nets you insane dmg, each of those stats scale off of each other so well that you net multiplicatively more and more dmg…

-Condi dmg could be nerfed without killing specs since the carrion/rabid/rampager power/crit would give relatively more dmg.
(imagine that, condi classes that want to do the most dmg wouldn’t not be pure bunkers!!!)

-Burst dps would be a perk, not necessity in conquest!!!
Every team wouldn’t be running 2-3 people with good power, a good source of crit chance and high bonus crit dmg.

-That’d make most fights not end after one successful rotation…
-That’d cut down the power of CC a little, it won’t commonly lead to 1-man near full life bursts.
-That’d make bunkers much more manageable, right now they need to have insane survivability to keep up with zerker dps. The gap between zerker and soldier dps right now is ridiculous, so that leads to anything but top tier dps being unable to touch bunkers. With a change to crit/crit dmg, bunker survivability can be better balanced since soldier/knight dmg isn’t be obnoxiously less than zerker, that and condi dmg wouldn’t be as rediculous of a dmg source.

That all can be done through crits not scale much with power.

Having burst dps is already a big bonus in conquest, it is easily the best thing to have when roaming especially with all the CC in this game, having power/crit/cridmg also scale obscenely well… those are only compounding perks, the devs will always be fighting to balance out insta-gib/cheese bursts if that’s the case.

Cutting down the dmg bonus for critting, making it not scale very much (if at all!!) with power (instead be like a % of the abilities base dmg) would do this game so many favors.

Lol.What’s the name of the game you are playing?Sounds interesting.

?

(edited by garethh.3518)

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

Guardians can already stick to a target extremely well, if you use your gap closers correctly. Not to mention the amount of damage they can put out is absurdly high if you time it correctly.

Overall, you seem to be more interested in making DPS and Spirit Weapon Guards unstoppable behemoths, rather than actually focusing on balance and counterplay.[/spoiler]

I also would love to hear the game you’re playing where guards are these super powerful DPS class. That (hahahahaha) sticks to their targets (i actually laughed out loud).

Guards are good in pvp (key word is good) they are very good bunkers (though bunker guards do slightly more than 0 damage…slightly). They are one of the most solid sources of supports (mostly meaning AoE stability).

Hybrid guards are okay, very useful in a teamfight. Doesn’t do enough damage to really kill anything alone, or have enough survival to outlast other classes damage, the definition of balance

DPS guards (both power and their much worse counterpart Condi) are laughable on a good day. Yes they have sword 2 and 3, and maybe even secpter 2 and 3` and 1 meditation but not only maining a guard but also fighting against them with almost every class i can easily say Guards are the easiest to counter and shut down (taking the spot that warrs use to be at).

I mean how many spirit guards do you see in pve or pvp?

His ideas may not all be spot on. But many of them, and yes many, are very good and would be an amazing first step in the right direction guards should be in.

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Your first post is very good indeed…. As for class skills changes just don’t !

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

I also would love to hear the game you’re playing where guards are these super powerful DPS class. That (hahahahaha) sticks to their targets (i actually laughed out loud).

Guards are good in pvp (key word is good) they are very good bunkers (though bunker guards do slightly more than 0 damage…slightly). They are one of the most solid sources of supports (mostly meaning AoE stability).

Hybrid guards are okay, very useful in a teamfight. Doesn’t do enough damage to really kill anything alone, or have enough survival to outlast other classes damage, the definition of balance

DPS guards (both power and their much worse counterpart Condi) are laughable on a good day. Yes they have sword 2 and 3, and maybe even secpter 2 and 3` and 1 meditation but not only maining a guard but also fighting against them with almost every class i can easily say Guards are the easiest to counter and shut down (taking the spot that warrs use to be at).

I mean how many spirit guards do you see in pve or pvp?

His ideas may not all be spot on. But many of them, and yes many, are very good and would be an amazing first step in the right direction guards should be in.

You clearly only play hotjoins. Either that or you’re in the bottom 10% of the MMR ladder where clearly it’s unbelievably hard to play a class anywhere near the skill-floor.

DPS guards have the potential to win almost every 1v1 matchup, which makes them excellent homepoints, or farpoint agressors. Some top competitive teams took DPS guards because of this.

The fact is, every class has a unique playstyle, and that of the guardian is to fight on point, not on the road. Whilst on point, a DPS guard has a incredibly high stick potential and the highest AoE physical damage in the game, other than 100b warriors.

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Hi,

I would like to share my concerns with burst in this game, specifically burst coming out of stealth, given how that mechanic [stealth] remains at large quite uncounterable and spammable in certain classes, namely Thief.
Im refering specifically to Backstab, who with proper initiative and CD management, can be delivered several times in a 4 seconds interval, critting anywhere from 7k to 10k of the victims health pool. For some classes such as eles and mesmers, this can mean well over 80% of their lives, (mesmer having a little bit more of health makes it a little bit more forgiving).

I would like some tuning down of abilities that require no risk and rather move that damage (if their “damage quota” is supposed to be that high) to skills that require at least some counterplay and gave risks for the thieves.

I’m aware of the problems thieves have when it comes to team utility and such, but I believe this skills is a major offender to balance coupled with stealth and the ability to disengage and engage at will, toppled with straight up spamming (which is going to get worse given how initiative regend is going up by 33%)

Thanks in advance,

From a large group of players tired of getting one-shot by thieves that engage and disengage at will and there isnt jacksquat we can do about it.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I think Skyhammer is fine as it is. Capturing it expends valuable man resources and it doesn’t count towards points, so it’s supposed to compensate this by giving the captor a significant edge in the fight.

It’s also very dodgable. There’s a huge warning before it hits. What it dies in the game is really screws up the enemy’s battle flow.

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

For necro Add: Dark path projectile speed 2x
Activating marks would add casting time and time spend on activating.
Take into account leaps, blocks and dodges.. I’m really not a fan of this one.. but if there are some changes to damage/making them unblockable without traits and have no casttime i would be curious on how this will effect necro’s.
Also if your suggestions would be implemented the #4 on staff should be reverted to transferring all condition.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Dec 10th baboon preview

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Interesting stuff here.
That’s a lot of effort put into the suggestions, and they seem reasonable.
Guardian mobility/stickability… not sure where that will head (or if it will even go in any direction). Feels fine as is in conquest.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty