Dec 10th balance preview.

in PvP

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

I love the changes but I only have a few questions/requests

Diamond Skin:
Could there be an animation or buff icon on the ele while active so someone knows not to spam condis just like someone knows not to CC while someone has stability. Can’t wait to try a 0 30 30 10 0 full burst ele.

Vigor nerf to engi:
why just engi… mesmer and guardian get perma vigor right now from just 5 into a trait line. Perma vigor should never be available for such a small investment. Maybe make it a 25 trait which would force Guardians to go more into the vitality tree and Mesmer have to go more into the precision.

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

gw2skills

That’s are the kind of builds Anet should be building the game around…

Dps that doesn’t end a fight in one successful rotation.
Utility and allot of timing/depth in gameplay.
The spec has obvious strengths/weaknesses but still works together well and has a good deal of teamwork.

Kinda sucks watching a blind condi spam or one lucky roamer CC win fights, but whatevs, only so long till the next MMO comes out so the game only has to be so entertaining.

Vigor nerf to engi:
why just engi… mesmer and guardian get perma vigor right now from just 5 into a trait line. Perma vigor should never be available for such a small investment. Maybe make it a 25 trait which would force Guardians to go more into the vitality tree and Mesmer have to go more into the precision.

Vigor nerfs without cutting back the CC, or even duration of CC, in the game will make GW2 soooo much worse (again).
Specs will either need stability or oodles of teleports/stunbreaks/invluns/exc. or die.
Not even a faint chance of winning.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: viivi.2394

viivi.2394

Vigor nerf to engi:

You definitely have a point that the investment has to be considered too small for these respective traits, but on top of that I find it odd that a defensive boon is placed in an offensive tree for the mesmer. Especially since dodge rolls are translated directly into potential damage within that tree itself (might be the reason for that choice who knows).

The dueling tree has an abundance of crit chance, crit damage, vigor and extra clones that can serve all kinds of purposes all in one tree with just a 20 point investment.

Imagine if feline grace, for example, was placed in the critical strikes trait line.

(edited by viivi.2394)

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

I think they’re okay with that for Mesmer and Guardian, because of the way that Deceptive Evasion and Selfless Daring work. There dodging has utility.

Thief and Ranger have weapon skills that evade too so it makes sense to limit their vigor uptime. Engis can already get 50% end regen through traits, so it also makes sense for them to have to build 30 Tools if they want to dodge as much.

Ranger and Thief needed the nerfs to vigor pretty badly, especially S/D. Just to troll around I did a hotjoin and dodged 9 times in a row vs. a Mesmer just to see how many I could do. It was totally ridiculous.

in PvP

Posted by: favo.3619

favo.3619

Can some devs explain us why you want to Kill thiefs from pvp. S\D i think is not more playable after 10 dec patch..the nerf at 2 sword is totaly useless…explain this thing please

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

huge nerf to my spirit ranger. my poor baby…

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

I like a lot of these changes. One small thing I would like to suggest is that you reduce the cast time on Heal as One on ranger to 1s or 3/4s, as this heal is rarely used and I think that at 3/4s cast it would work well in a power ranger build. The other thing is, I like that the enlarge trait is going to trigger off of the signet, but with it 20 points into the nature line, it’s not really a good choice for power ranger, which is the main build that would use it. If it was 10 points in, you could go 30/30/0/10/0, and run a power signet build, which would be cool, but if you are forced to go 20 points in to pick up that trait, you have to sacrifice way too much (10% crit dmg, 10% flanking dmg, 100 prec, as well as moving the 10 points from wild survival). Not sure what you can do on this one, but I would recommend switching that trait with something from the minor tier, like Nature’s Bounty or something.

in PvP

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Also, I have been wanting to run a power healing bomb support build forever, so the change to bomb healing is great, but have you guys considered increasing the power scaling on bomb auto a bit, or making it more interesting somehow? As it is, even if you stack power, healing, and toughness, you end up pretty squishy and can’t apply enough pressure/healing to be as useful as another support.

in PvP

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

Pls add a serverwatch tool like the old “allseeingeye”. It´s garbage fighting against 4-6 mesmer (in one team) 6 necromancer, 6 ninjas or 6 ranger in warriors view. All the pets, clones, minions and Northrop B-2-brainafk “i´ll make it for you”-skills are not realy pvp suitable.

It will save a lot of time …

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Also, I have been wanting to run a power healing bomb support build forever, so the change to bomb healing is great, but have you guys considered increasing the power scaling on bomb auto a bit, or making it more interesting somehow? As it is, even if you stack power, healing, and toughness, you end up pretty squishy and can’t apply enough pressure/healing to be as useful as another support.

I’ve also been considering how to play a mid-bunker engineer after the patch. I think we will actually be able to play a decent imitation guardian. I’d recommend elixir gun, bombs, and elixir S. Stability on toss B is nice in theory, but of course nothing can come close to SYG (which is undoubtedly the best utility in the game). Elixir S may actually be a better option as it has much more downed state control than elixir B, even without stability.

Pistol/shield with bombs gives you some of the same capabilities a teamfight guardian has (12 area might through blast finishers, just like a guardian…except harder, of course). Smoke bomb is a stomp denial with a blast finisher. Toss elixir S is an instant stomp denial. Three cc skills and a ton of party healing/cleansing is nearly on par with your average bunker guard.

A bunker engineer would also boast better active damage than a bunker guard, although all that passive retal damage from guards is hard to beat. Also, a lot of the damage would come from fire bomb, which is kind of eclipsed by sun spirit giving permanent burning on any focused target in any teamfight.

On the whole, bunker engineer should be a bit weaker than a bunker guard and much harder to play, but I think it might be possible. Now, if only there was a team willing to try it…

in PvP

Posted by: dday.9532

dday.9532

Warrior.

Hammer will take a nerf in damage, i think we have to accept it but whats about Rifle, Greatsword and Axes?

Rifle – damage is placed in 2 longcast skills olny, while volley can be fine as it is a channeling skill, kill shot takes definitely too long time to fire off. Its does lacking any real utility, and is completely outclassed by longbow in every format of the game. Ive actually posted some suggestion changes for it (like making bleed shot the same as marines shot just for example). I also think that placing crack shot in discipline line is a better idea.

Greatsword – some agree some disagree about reworking hundren blades and placing it into f1. But we all agree that arcing slide is useless, Any plans for the future? Also why rush dindt received leap from fiery gs yet? That swing animation is really buggy and keep missing, unlike the leap.

Axe – I think its save to say that aa is fine, eviscarate and maybe throw axe. But what about rest?

Sword – In case of condition builds its fine as it is. Howered in case of power builds offhand and flurry are terrible. Also bladetrail still without -20% to cd’s. Why?

Mace mainhand- I have mixed feeling about changes to skull crack. Mace on its own has 0 mobility, 0 cripple, and all skills are in melee range. Its is also a slow weapon. Also why counter blow dindt get love like riposte?

Longbow – future will show. But placement in traits is still under “?” In my opinion these traits should be merged and placed in arms. Actually its makes sense as longbow is a hybrid weapon so its benefit from both precision and condition damage

__
Yes, i really want to see answers..

+1
pretty much this, and all 3 warrior heals

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Think you’re exaggerating. Evasive Arcana is indeed amazing, but it does not mean that every build would benefit from taking it. I think they did it the right way, but I would love to see some more interesting GM traits elsewhere.

Every build benefits from Evasive Arcana it because WITHOUT it Ele survivability is miserable and cooldowns between attunements are too long. Even the reduction from 16 sec to 13 sec baseline is like trying to put a bandaid on a chopped-off leg.

Introducing defensive traits in Earth is pointless because the main gain of that tree (condi/bleed damage) is hardly relevant to Ele’s primary form of dealing damage. Ele simply can’t stay alive long enough or put out CC in order to get the most out of condi builds, unlike Necro/Engineer.

Fire, Air and Earth can be brimming with awesome traits but none of it matters because any Ele build that doesn’t go 30 Arcana + 20 Water = risks getting blown-up in literally 2 seconds by incoming burst damage while stuck in any CC.
Meanwhile Thieves can simply run the hell away with stealth and Mesmers can teleport/invis + distract with clones, Ele has absolutely nothing to peel enemies off themselves, except for – wait for it – Cantrips. Something which all Ele’s are forced to run anyway, all other slot skills might as well not exist. To get the cooldown reduction on Cantrips, they need to go into Water to take Cantrip Mastery. Do you see the loop they’re stuck in?

in PvP

Posted by: Zerbo.5381

Zerbo.5381

Ranger and Thief needed the nerfs to vigor pretty badly, especially S/D. Just to troll around I did a hotjoin and dodged 9 times in a row vs. a Mesmer just to see how many I could do. It was totally ridiculous.

Oh really… mind explaining that?

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Oh look they’re toning the game down just as they said, and we asked. I know it hurts a little more when you bump your own toe but overall its a nice direction they’re moving in with this. Especially the ele changes are a little weird and counter productive to me since if they actually felt ele should end up weaker they would have nerfed fresh air or some stuff, gap only seems to have widened, but overall i appreciate the effort.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

3 dodges with trait, dodge and vigor on heal, dodge in utility(even tho no body really use it in the meta s/d buiild) another dodge because of vigor, signet refile endurance, 3 dodges again, s/d 3.

without the utility dodge, that’s 9

and sigil of endurance.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

Valentin.2073

anet just hates rangers. how many times do they have to nerf spirit rangers? 3 sec sun spirit proc and 33% damage decrease to storm spirit will obliterate the only viable build on a ranger.

power ranger build is never gonna be viable since rangers don’t have much burst damage compared to other classes (thieves, eles, warriors etc…). this nerf is unneeded. it’s time to roll another class and say goodbye to my ranger.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

@valentin

You guyz only autoattack anyway,but seriously you dont like patch for rangers,thsi will make it even more nobrain -no skill win for any ranger out there.

2sec stun on SB ,spirits on follow on master trait,10sec criple on 50%HP ,and all that u use just one skill rest is auto att…
Power rangers auto att hits for 1,5k on clothies.

That is a problem with this patch to many no skill trait buffs and even more promoting just auto attacks .

(edited by deda.8302)

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

Can someone from Anet answer this question: do you plan for sword thieves to be tourney viable after this patch?

If the answer is no then please just come out and say it.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

Can someone from Anet answer this question: do you plan for sword thieves to be tourney viable after this patch?

Yep, we do!

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: jsu.4370

jsu.4370

I’ll be rocking a d/d ele next patch.

+ s/d thief nerfed
+ stun warrior nerfed
+ Tempest Defense 60 cd to 25 cd
+ 5% to 10% increase dmg fire line
+ 16 attunement cd to 13 w/ no arcane traitline

30/30/10/0/0

Jsu – joO Binder
http://www.twitch.tv/jsudesign/

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

I’ll be rocking a d/d ele next patch.

+ s/d thief nerfed
+ stun warrior nerfed
+ Tempest Defense 60 cd to 25 cd
+ 5% to 10% increase dmg fire line
+ 16 attunement cd to 13 w/ no arcane traitline

30/30/10/0/0

Nods. We’ve actually seen some pretty interesting Ele builds crop up internally, based on the changes we’re trying.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

@Jonathan
Since we are discussing thieves: Is it possible to change the Thief minor trait Last Refuge, for the 10th Dec patch? I’m sure that the thieves community would agree on replace this trait for something else. Nobody likes to get revelead right after they use CnD (or stealth combo), because of Blinding Powder…

in PvP

Posted by: mire.6954

mire.6954

anet just hates rangers. how many times do they have to nerf spirit rangers? 3 sec sun spirit proc and 33% damage decrease to storm spirit will obliterate the only viable build on a ranger.

power ranger build is never gonna be viable since rangers don’t have much burst damage compared to other classes (thieves, eles, warriors etc…). this nerf is unneeded. it’s time to roll another class and say goodbye to my ranger.

please, reroll now. if spirit ranger was the only ranger build you could play, a different class is probably the best idea.

in PvP

jmatb.6307

3 dodges with trait, dodge and vigor on heal, dodge in utility(even tho no body really use it in the meta s/d buiild) another dodge because of vigor, signet refile endurance, 3 dodges again, s/d 3.

without the utility dodge, that’s 9

and sigil of endurance.

Ya even if the double S/D build has to cast their sword 2, you are still going to mitigate a huge amount of damage if you use your dodges intelligently, while still being aggressive.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

— Shadow Return — this skill is certainly a culprit for a strong build but adding a cast time is going to have negative long term effects for thief sword builds — fear a thief with their stunbreak down after they use Infiltrator’s Strike = gg

Lol shadow return never did anything against fear ever since they removed the stunbreak. You still keep on running even after you port back.

Not true.

Fear is a condition, and it has also a very high priority.

Shadw return cleansed fear if it didn’t proc burning with a dhuumfire crit. Same for signet of agility.

But it’s not the point: instant shadow return allowed the thief to teleport away from necros-engie condi spam after a stun/wars stunlocks, now it won’t be possible anymore.

basically you’l be dead after the first stunbreak. If this is the case than there’s no point in bringing sword over a dagger ( since dagger deals more damage).

Sad part is that dagger is not capable to handle common meta builds ( reason why most D/P lovers quit the game, also due to D/P being one of the highest skill cap sets in the whole game).

thief won’t be viable after this patch.

So you will have many many dodges, more initiative (base) and still a stunbreaker. And you are saying 1 stun after the first stun and you are dead? If you get hit by several stuns like an idiot even when you will still have insane amounts of evasion then you really do suck. The game is dead because of skilless builds like s/d thief. Maybe this change will mean people actually have to dodge what you do rather than just rely on an OP teleport to get out of every bad situation

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

How about:

Diamond Skin - Remove conditions when you attune to a specific element.

Fire – Burn/Torment
Water – Poison/Chill
Air – Confusion/Cripple
Earth – Bleeds/Immob

Gives 30 earth eles a decent way to remove condi’s constantly based on strategic play. At the same time condi builds have counter play as they have to react to the way the is attuning, similar to a power build timing a burst against an ele who has just left water.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

(edited by Asuka Shikinami.5462)

in PvP

jmatb.6307

please, reroll now. if spirit ranger was the only ranger build you could play, a different class is probably the best idea.

lol XD

/15char

in PvP

Posted by: Icarus.3689

Icarus.3689

Hype.8032:
Yep, we do!
-Arthur Schopenhauer

Then i wonder why do u guys play ranger (told on the live steam) , and make ranger player upset and feel unfair about the patches.

From 2012 to 2013 Ranger nerf more the buff .

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

lol XD

/15char

Spirit ranger embodies literally everything that is wrong with GW2 pvp.

First of all, it provides crazy support while also having amazing potential for winning 1v1s versus a variety of classes. This is already an example of bad design. Support builds should have a chance to win 1v1s with skilled gameplay, but should generally be at a disadvantage.

The spirit elite is the most broken elite skill in the game. 400 healing per second+ two free ressurects on either yourself or multiple teammates in a 900 radius? This is legitimately ridiculous.

The 33% damage nerf to storm spirit should be 75%. I’ve had this ability hit 6,000 damage on me from a guy wearing a carrion amulet. Let me repeat this: 6000 damage from a guy wearing a carrion amulet. That’s more than I Backstab for generally. It’s totally absurd and makes me angry just thinking about this build.

Spirit ranger is also a primary example of dodge/evade spam with Natural Vigor, vigor uptime, and 3 evades on Sword/Dagger along with 1 on shortbow, all on low cooldowns. Not to mention it gains protection on dodge. In addition to being an example of evade spam, it’s also an example of reliance on passives as well as AI.

Finally, Ranger isn’t a weak class. There are actually plenty of viable builds being blotted out by just how overpowered the spirits build is. Nerfing spirit ranger is totally necessary for the ranger class as well as PvP in general. It should be nerfed more just due to how easy it is to play effectively.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

How about:

Diamond Skin - Remove conditions when you attune to a specific element.

Fire – Burn/Torment
Water – Poison/Chill
Air – Confusion/Cripple
Earth – Bleeds/Immob

Gives 30 earth eles a decent way to remove condi’s constantly based on strategic play. At the same time condi builds have counter play as they have to react to the way the is attuning, similar to a power build timing a burst against an ele who has just left water.

This is not as good as my initial suggestion for a couple of reasons. For one, it would make eles even more forced into going into Arcana to get the extra 3 second attunements for more condi removal. Also, it’s just an overpowered trait removing that many conditions just by switching attunements. It would immediately turn into a ‘must take’ type trait (such as Executioner in Critical Strikes for thief or Dhuumfire for necros)

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Valentin.2073

lol XD

/15char

First of all, it provides crazy support while also having amazing potential for winning 1v1s versus a variety of classes. This is already an example of bad design. Support builds should have a chance to win 1v1s with skilled gameplay, but should generally be at a disadvantage.

The spirit elite is the most broken elite skill in the game. 400 healing per second+ two free ressurects on either yourself or multiple teammates in a 900 radius? This is legitimately ridiculous.

The 33% damage nerf to storm spirit should be 75%. I’ve had this ability hit 6,000 damage on me from a guy wearing a carrion amulet. Let me repeat this: 6000 damage from a guy wearing a carrion amulet. That’s more than I Backstab for generally. It’s totally absurd and makes me angry just thinking about this build.

Spirit ranger is also a primary example of dodge/evade spam with Natural Vigor, vigor uptime, and 3 evades on Sword/Dagger along with 1 on shortbow, all on low cooldowns. Not to mention it gains protection on dodge. In addition to being an example of evade spam, it’s also an example of reliance on passives as well as AI.

Finally, Ranger isn’t a weak class. There are actually plenty of viable builds being blotted out by just how overpowered the spirits build is. Nerfing spirit ranger is totally necessary for the ranger class as well as PvP in general. It should be nerfed more just due to how easy it is to play effectively.

exactly what you said. we rely on our storm spirit for burst damage. once that was taken away, we are left but nothing.

btw, i can play any build there is on a ranger but all of those other builds are selfish. they offer no support for the team. kite from a hard to reach area hoping that the tankers will last long, hoping nobody from the other team will notice. just pathetic. spirit ranger build puts rangers in the frontline. that’s what we want.

it’s really sad what they are about to do.

(edited by Valentin.2073)

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Yep, we do!

How?

legit question, since it won’t be viable.

Just like we said from leaked patch notes regarding dhuumfire that necros would completely dominate the meta.

They still do it.

Current wars exist due to them.

We’re still experiencing the effect of the “dhuumfire patch”.

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

I think they’re okay with that for Mesmer and Guardian, because of the way that Deceptive Evasion and Selfless Daring work. There dodging has utility.

Thief and Ranger have weapon skills that evade too so it makes sense to limit their vigor uptime. Engis can already get 50% end regen through traits, so it also makes sense for them to have to build 30 Tools if they want to dodge as much.

Actually Rangers don’t have a good source of vigor anymore, it was removed a while back with the vigor on healing spring ticks. the only decent trait for “vigor” was the 50% trait which is being nerfed now as well. I don’t mind as long as all vigor dealing traits/abilities are cut back as much as these classes are.

Your argument to nerf rangers “vigor” does not hold water either, those evades are a defensive cooldown attached to weapon abilities, they are similar to block/teleports/distortion/DS+condi transfers that other classes get. Many classes with a shield gain a 2 second block which is higher than any single evade a ranger has access to on a weapon ability.

Anyway, lower all teh vigorz

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

What about fixing the leaderboard?

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Actually Rangers don’t have a good source of vigor anymore

They could gut all vigor on the ranger class and no one would notice a difference.
With the 5 point passive that gives 50% bonus endurance regen, and it not stacking with vigor… vigor only ends up being a 33% endurance buff instead of 100….

You get, like, one extra dodge roll from every 20s worth of vigor on a ranger…
Meaning it’s next to worthless.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

after thinking a bit about this ele change with condi imun when higher 90% hp i think not anymore it is op – its more like an very creative way to fix the burst ele

with this trait eles wanna have vitality as low as possible to have it easier to heal to 90% so berserker amulet is not more the best option

we rly should wait how this works out

and this suggestion from Asuka Shinigami some postings before me i like too and this should be implemented too – maby another trait option

i talk bout this : (this should be a trait but not diamond skin^^)

Diamond Skin – Remove conditions when you attune to a specific element.

Fire – Burn/Torment
Water – Poison/Chill
Air – Confusion/Cripple
Earth – Bleeds/Immob

and to make it more logic it should be:

Fire – Torment/Chill
Water – Poison/Burn
Air – Confusion/Cripple
Earth – Bleeds/Immob

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

A trait like Diamond Skin is poorly designed… A cooler trait idea might be an Earth GM trait that reads

Immune to burning while attuned to fire
Immune to blind while attuned to air
Immune to chill while attuned to water
Immune to bleed while attuned to earth

This would promote active play: say you’re been chased by a shortbow 1 spamming spirit ranger? switch to earth and negate a huge chunk of his damage. It also would promote active play by opponents and it would be definitely worthy of a GM trait

That sounds so awesome.

On demand perma immunity to something is always bad…always…

in PvP

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’d say all immunity is bad, especially if not all classes have equal access to it. It was a problem in GW1 before, and it is a problem in GW2 now.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

Can people stop the QQ about diamond skin? It requires you to invest into a defensive line gimping DPS, and also are the glassiest class in the game.

You are acting like it will take people forever to drop below 90. A simple mesmer auto attack will drop a ele below 90. They were even talking about making it 85% because 90% is such a joke in this game. Hell getting an ele to 80% would probably take at most 2 auto attacks tops. Is this really that hard?

Stop the QQ, eles are worst class in game, and this barely gives them a fighting chance, even at 90%. 10% of HP is a joke in this game, especially vs a LIGHT armor class lawl.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

(edited by Divinity.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

@Taym.8326

Are you serious?Primal Reflexes(15sec CD), Vigorous Renewal(with Heal as one every 20sec 5 sec of vigor), Vigorous Training, Lightning Reflexes(40sec or 32sec)….

Y its so hard to keep vigor all the time..I dont say that it worth it but Rangers can defently do it…Combined with some other traits-skills-pet choices you can also keep protection 100% uptime

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

lol XD

/15char

Wow, great post. TBH it should be nerfed way more than is suggested. Espicially the elite which should have the cast time on its res increased and its passive (aoe healign signet – wtf) nerfed.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

A trait like Diamond Skin is poorly designed… A cooler trait idea might be an Earth GM trait that reads

Immune to burning while attuned to fire
Immune to blind while attuned to air
Immune to chill while attuned to water
Immune to bleed while attuned to earth

This would promote active play: say you’re been chased by a shortbow 1 spamming spirit ranger? switch to earth and negate a huge chunk of his damage. It also would promote active play by opponents and it would be definitely worthy of a GM trait

That sounds so awesome.

On demand perma immunity to something is always bad…always…

Maybe it could just remove the condition upon attunement?
Besides, we have to consider that the Attunements have a fairly high CD even after the patch. Choosing to utilize this Trait while in combat would mean that you very well might be in a less effective attunement and may very well put an additional attunement on CD in order to clear off a Condition.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

— Shadow Return — this skill is certainly a culprit for a strong build but adding a cast time is going to have negative long term effects for thief sword builds — fear a thief with their stunbreak down after they use Infiltrator’s Strike = gg

Lol shadow return never did anything against fear ever since they removed the stunbreak. You still keep on running even after you port back.

Not true.

Fear is a condition, and it has also a very high priority.

Shadw return cleansed fear if it didn’t proc burning with a dhuumfire crit. Same for signet of agility.

But it’s not the point: instant shadow return allowed the thief to teleport away from necros-engie condi spam after a stun/wars stunlocks, now it won’t be possible anymore.

basically you’l be dead after the first stunbreak. If this is the case than there’s no point in bringing sword over a dagger ( since dagger deals more damage).

Sad part is that dagger is not capable to handle common meta builds ( reason why most D/P lovers quit the game, also due to D/P being one of the highest skill cap sets in the whole game).

thief won’t be viable after this patch.

So you will have many many dodges, more initiative (base) and still a stunbreaker. And you are saying 1 stun after the first stun and you are dead? If you get hit by several stuns like an idiot even when you will still have insane amounts of evasion then you really do suck. The game is dead because of skilless builds like s/d thief. Maybe this change will mean people actually have to dodge what you do rather than just rely on an OP teleport to get out of every bad situation

Acro S/D thief ini regen will be nerfed, math is your friend.

You’re talking like if you are not able to beat thieves on your necro.

Strange part is that a well played necro still wins against a thief, with inf strike current iteration.

This because Necro-ranger-war-engies are by far stronger than thieves anyway, and their presence in a team is much more impactful ( the moment when the meta assets and eles are no more present).

You always talk about nerfing, now you’re happy that the thief wil be happy.

TBH i would have been happy too ( altough this nerf is a terrible way to handle the S/D thief problem) if other meta builds had been nerfed too.

They won’t ( at least not enough) and thief is the only proff receiving the nerf hammer, basically making us disappear from the meta.

I’m not raging because i think it’s time for us to be underdogs after being at the top of the food chain for a good amout of time, what i question is the reason behind these changes.

This kind of nerf to the sword and the increased ini regen rate buff show clearly that aNet made terrible mistakes balancing the thief, and the result is that nobody likes it ( not even thief players).

Instead of nerf hammering like a boss, i think it would be better if they totally rehaul the profession, since it’s clear it’s not balanced and never will.

in PvP

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Same thing with the necro really. I think a lot of necromancers are rolling their eyes at these updates. Some minor numbers get moved around, and a flavor of the weak trait gets nerfed into oblivion (shouldn’t you be trying to make people want to use unpopular traits, rather than destroying the ones that work?), but none of the core issues of the class are addressed.

If the balance team is serious about balancing the necromancer, I suggest engaging more in discussions on the necromancer forum to figure out what the real issues with the class are. You can’t keep balancing this class with the blinders on, in regards to the rest of the game. You are destroying the necromancer right now, when it was already in a bad spot to begin with.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Instead of nerf hammering like a boss, i think it would be better if they totally rehaul the profession, since it’s clear it’s not balanced and never will.

Ah, memory lane. Back in beta, there were people arguing that the thief will never be balanced due to the initiative system, and the way it allows skill-spamming. I’m afraid the class redesign ship sailed about 18 months ago. I doubt ANet has the desire to completely retool the thief at this point, not before its efficacy drops to zero, which will never happen given how powerful stealth is in this game.

As an on-off thief player and a certified mid-level scrub, I’m not sad to see the S/D acrobat put to pasture. It’s a cheese build that never should have existed in the first place, allowing mediocre players with no map awareness and zero positioning skill to overextend all day long and still button-smash to victory. Not to mention that actually good players like Jumper were devastating with it. At least glassy D/P or D/D is manly stuff – you play poorly and you die like the kitten that you are. That’s balanced.

Post-patch, who knows, maybe it’s time to dust off the old 25/30/0/0/15 D/P and see how it fares with the increased base initiative.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

jmatb.6307

lol XD

/15char

exactly what you said. we rely on our storm spirit for burst damage. once that was taken away, we are left but nothing.

btw, i can play any build there is on a ranger but all of those other builds are selfish. they offer no support for the team. kite from a hard to reach area hoping that the tankers will last long, hoping nobody from the other team will notice. just pathetic. spirit ranger build puts rangers in the frontline. that’s what we want.

This is melodramatic. You can blast finisher in a Frost Trap to give Frost Aura to your teammates. You can use pets that spread Regen and Vigor. Shouts aren’t selfish at all, you can have perma regen/swiftness and remove condis if you use Soldier runes.

It’s okay once you have to learn how to play your class you will become a better player. I don’t even main Ranger and I just showed you alternatives to support off the top of my head.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

….. Shouts aren’t selfish at all, you can have perma regen/swiftness and remove condis if you use Soldier runes.
….

joking right? using shouts that exclude each other and always are commands for pets, and are disabled if pet gets another command to remove condis via soldier runes? why not play naked without weapons? would be the same!

perma regen and swiftness? lol, sure but not like engi, with spending 10 traits points or 20 for permaswiftness/vigor. if u argue that way, every class can make some stupid perma…. the question is how much u sacrifies for this.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

lol XD

/15char

At this point, I’ll assume you are trolling.

Your damage as a spirit ranger should come from bleeds, burning and your pet. Not 6k crits while wearing a carrion amulet. If you were wearing a berserker’s amulet and had 30 points invested in critical damage then maybe, MAYBE it would be reasonable for an aoe 6k attack.

Ranger offers really heavy single target focus in midfights which can be used to down people very quickly. It’s also great for backpoint defense (BM ranger and variants).

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Guys keep in mind that this is an open discussion thread about these changes and not the final version. With that in mind its better to aim your feedback at the OP…instead of at eachother.

Even if you dont agree with the guy above you, its very unlikely that that person will change his/her opinion if you try to torch his/her ideas.

Try to make a constructive post of your own with your personal views on the subject.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

….. Shouts aren’t selfish at all, you can have perma regen/swiftness and remove condis if you use Soldier runes.
….

joking right? using shouts that exclude each other and always are commands for pets, and are disabled if pet gets another command to remove condis via soldier runes? why not play naked without weapons? would be the same!

perma regen and swiftness? lol, sure but not like engi, with spending 10 traits points or 20 for permaswiftness/vigor. if u argue that way, every class can make some stupid perma…. the question is how much u sacrifies for this.

Guard takes a little bit of micro, but once you get the rhythm down it is pretty insane what you can do with it. Of course, keep thinking Ranger shouts suck and pass it up I don’t care. Naked fighting lol, I really need to just chunk deuce to the forums some people are just depressingly stupid.

build a build around 1 shout, who just reliably give protection and stealth to the pet on activation but the active effect is to unreliable and ends by to many situations for the sake of shouting? btw thx for offense. u earned a report