Design Discussion: Khylo Trebuchet

in PvP

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

“If you could add one ammo type to the treb (poison shot, healy shot, etc.) what would it be?”

Shot that gives allies boons or buffs. Possibly stability, to counteract knockback from enemy treb.

“How long (in seconds) do you think it should take the treb to turn from Home to Far?”

I think that is fine already as is.

“How long (in seconds) do you think a damage dealer (either physical or condi) should take to kill a treb?”

I think that is fine as is. No suggestion.

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to jump in here and give a quick summary list of some of the feedback in this thread.

• Have treb take damage from condi’s and crits
  • Rotation speed increase
  • Remove Treb completely
  • Faster fire rate
  • Different treb amno that supports allies on points
  • Teleport skill drop the siege bundle

Remember that this thread is a discussion between myself and you the community. I can’t promise any of the suggestions will be implemented or when. However, I am reading the thread and taking the feedback very seriously and passing it along to the PvP Team.

Now some additional questions:

• If you could add one ammo type to the treb (poison shot, healy shot, etc.) what would it be?
  • How long (in seconds) do you think it should take the treb to turn from Home to Far?
  • How long (in seconds) do you think a damage dealer (either physical or condi) should take to kill a treb?

Thank you all for participating in the discussion and keeping is constructive.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Now some additional questions:

• If you could add one ammo type to the treb (poison shot, healy shot, etc.) what would it be?
  • How long (in seconds) do you think it should take the treb to turn from Home to Far?
  • How long (in seconds) do you think a damage dealer (either physical or condi) should take to kill a treb?

Thank you all for participating in the discussion and keeping is constructive.

1. Either poison or a 2 boon rip. Either would be good.
2. I would say about 3 seconds between Home and Clocktower would be good, so ~6 from Home to Far?
3. About 15-20 seconds, probably. Less if they are buffed.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Remove the treb. Its not fun to play this map at all, its already heavily biased towards gapclosers and mobility. Treb is just an unfun mechanic, even if it would have different skills or take condi damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

The trebuchet is good as it is. Some people stated to make it more powerful, but that would not be good.
The trebuchet is good as it is right now. It can be very powerful if you know how to use it and if you can protect it from incoming enemies.

Don’t change anything.

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Khylo is my fav map precisely because of the treb. It’s a one-map-cure to dhs and their block 24/7 cancer. But personal anti-dh feelings aside, it’s a great feature. Here’s but a few things treb does right:

a) let’s the weaker team members be of use – not everyone has to be god of war in 1v1, but they can be William Tell on the treb

b) deeper strategy – assault the treb, or ignore it and go for points? Builds for treb busting, builds for treb defense. Repairing the treb to lure enemies off points and decap them while treb operator stalls the enemy.

c) stability and block spam cure – in current meta when everyone and their mother has stab, some blocks, and most (read: dragon hunters) have both, getting ppl off points by means of cc rather then waiting for the kill is borderline miracle. Luckily treb helps get that job done.

d) punishing team bunkering – good ele, scrapper, druid and dh bunkers are a pain, but i wouldn’t want them gone. But put them on one point with all the shared heals and boons and it gets ridicilous. Especially given how poor the anti-boon meta is, with the only real anti-bonn profession being absolute bottom of barrel and “wanna die fast, play necro today!” reality. A good treb to the face makes that nightmare dissapear.

e) non-broken map mechanic – treb is powerful, but requires good aiming if you’re not just mindlessly bombing mid 24/7, does not have a high rate of fire, can be easily dodged if you pay attention, and it’s not funny how certain professions can destroy it in mere seconds (especially staff eles)

My only gripes with treb would be it’s quirky aiming – many times pressing a button to turn it results in it taking two ticks to the given direction instead of one, especially exactly at the angles that fire straight into middle of capture points. That should not be, given the already snail pacing of trebuchet turn.

Second gripe i have is it’s lack of any condi damage option. It can have a larger cooldown, but toughness bunkers and evasion classes are at a resounding advantage against treb fire vs the rest. I would welcome a condi aoe option to complement treb kitten nal. Kinda like arrow cart firing options – there’s cripple, there’s bleeds and there’s staight up physical damage.

Ah and last but not least – allow ally fire to go through treb. Too often defending the treb turns into Benny Hill Show, with attacker just hiding behind the treb itself from trebuchet defender’s fire and both running in circles like a game of tag in psycho ward. I understad line of sight strategies in certain situations, but this is getting right down ridicilous.

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Just increase the speed of rotating it left and right, possibly also having it turn while holding the button down until you release it. The firing speed is fine.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

I really dislike the treb, Kylo has always been my least favorite map. Too much advantage to certain classes with teleports and the treb isn’t as clear a side objective as those found in other competitive maps.

in PvP

Posted by: wwDefuser.2056

wwDefuser.2056

If you could add one ammo type to the treb (poison shot, healy shot, etc.) what would it be?

poison/chill or simply a null field which removes condis from teammates and boons from enemys.

How long (in seconds) do you think it should take the treb to turn from Home to Far?

lets say about 2 or 3 seconds faster as it is right now.

How long (in seconds) do you think a damage dealer (either physical or condi) should take to kill a treb?

i’m fine with the current state of health. Furthermore i like to remove the repair kit and simply add a respawn time of 5 min. after the treb is destroyed. So there is no need to fix teleport issues with repair kit and there is more benefit of destroying or defending the trebuchet.

+ condi dmg to treb

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I don’t know if this has been addressed but i remember jolly times of “one meteor storm, 5s later treb done”. Hope that will be addressed as well.

Repair kits are good, as they add more viariation to the game. The whole repair/defend treb game vs intercept person with kit/kill treb play is much more dynamic with repair kits in play. Though it’s true that certain skills do make it easier on the carrier to repair compared to others who gotta walk the whole distance to treb.

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

As someone who primarily soloqueues, Khylo has always been the map I hate most, and that includes old Skyhammer.

Now, I’ve still had some good games on the map, but when it comes up, it’s often a bit of a lottery on what I’ll be tearing my hair out over. Will it be that the enemy team is really good with treb and my team isn’t good at dodging treb shots, and every teamfight is going to be decided by fire from above? Or will it be because I’ve got an idiot on my team who’s obsessed with the treb and sticks to it through the whole game, venturing forth only to collect repair kits, without having much effect and therefore making it effectively a 4v5?

Yes, I’m fully aware that due to the effect of perception, there’ll be times when I’d be frustrated regardless of which team I was on – the annoyance of being trebbed can be greater than the impact that the treb actually has.

I think my suggestions would probably be:

1) When you get the warning that a treb shot is about to land, also have an orange circle indicating the affected area. That would help normalise the effect across player skill levels – it can still be an area control weapon, but players can know how to avoid getting hit.

2) Normalise the time it takes to kill the treb with condi versus power. I understand the ‘does a plank bleed’ aspect, but in soloqueue, there’s rarely the coordination to ensure that the person who goes to eliminate the treb is a power build.

3) (For consideration) Split the shots between a CC shot with lower damage, and a damaging shot. Make the player choose which they do. (I say “for consideration” because I can see problems with this, one being that it’s hard to see what’s going on from the treb station)

4) (For consideration) Lengthen the time it takes for a treb to be able to repair, and possibly automate it. For instance, instead of the kits, have an NPC emerge from base to go to the trebuchet and repair it. If the enemy team really wants to make sure the treb stays down, they can have someone rotate to kill the repairer, but in the meantime, there’s a guaranteed period of time where that treb is out of action.

(Also, it’d be nice to see a rework of the treb respawn mechanic in Stronghold. It seems to be based on the clock, and it’s incredibly annoying when you proactively go out to destroy their treb before making a push, and then it respawns again before the push reaches the fire zone.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in PvP

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

Would prefer you guys to focus on class balance first. Here are my thoughts on Khylo.

• Have treb take damage from condi’s and crits CONDI MAYBE, CRITS NO
    [Burn only OR all condi’s apply a stack of structural vulnerability.]
  • Rotation speed increase NO
    [It’s fine as it is.]
  • Remove Treb completely NO
    [Khylo is a unique map, Please don’t make it like every other map.]
  • Faster fire rate NO
    [It’s fine as it is.]
  • Different treb amno that supports allies on points YES
    [Poison shot would be nice if it was balanced.]
  • Teleport skill drop the siege bundle YES
    [Surprised this hasn’t been done already.]

in PvP

Posted by: Rallad.3802

Rallad.3802

Have treb take damage from condi’s and crits:
While it is very unthematic, it is quite unbalanced for condi users. I think most zerk builds can already demolish it, so no for crits.

Rotation speed increase:
It’s ok

Remove Treb completely:
No, but I agree that the mechanic does need an extra kick of sorts. Most games usually involve it getting destroyed and it stays that way.

Faster fire rate:
I think it’s ok

Different treb amno that supports allies on points:
Definitely an interesting option. The current ‘ammo’ is great, so maybe some additional ammo can be picked up on the map. Long lasting poison/fire fields might be cool.

It could also be a great idea to have a special ammo spawn at some point in the game (maybe it needs to be fought over?) which changes the pace of the game.

Teleport skill drop the siege bundle:

Not sure on this, it makes some classes better at repairing the treb. However repairing it is a bit of a long unfun walk. Perhaps give a little speed boost to it to balance out the mobility nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

As a condi Ele I hate the trebs when someone is on it from the other team. So I will always ask my teammates to wipe it if someone starts using it as my condi build will take far too long to do so.

I would prefer if you removed the Treb altogether or simply let conditions effect it if not.

Also I think the clocktower needs an update with regards to the camera! Since the action cam came in this place can be a REAL nightmare if you have your settings set to fully zoomed out. When inside the clocktower you cant see anything as your view is obstructed by the camera being outside the building. VERY, VERY, VERY bad! Only workaround atm is to zoom all the way in which is pretty much just as bad as you are seeing far less of the area than you are used to seeing and do miss important things.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?