Dev livestream: Ready Up: April 4 @ 12pm – Megaservers & more

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

This week on Ready Up, we’ll have Colin Johanson on the show to talk about Megaservers and the future of WvW, along with our Champion Genius host, Josh “Grouch” Davis.

We would like for you all to post questions here regarding the content we’ll be discussing, and we will try to answer as many as possible on the show.

When & Where:
Friday, April 4th, at 12pm PDT
Guild Wars 2 official Twitch channel

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

If you’re going to announce new information that is relevant to WvW tomorrow, why didn’t you just put it in the blog post?

If you’re just going to summarize the blog post that essentially said nothing, why even have a Ready Up episode to begin with?

I mean no disrespect, but your PR team baffles me.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Posted by: Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

I’d like to hear some comment / justification for the rank rescaling and removal of jewels from amulets. Many of us have expressed our reasons for opposing these changes. Something to address those concerns would be appreciated.

Diotima of Mantinea, r65 Elementalist
Vovin, r65 Warrior
Guild: V A E V I C T I S [HEX]

in PvP

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

How are WvWers expected to recruit amongst their PvE population if we have no way to contact our server mate in PvE? (eg, a commander stating he’ll take lead on x map at x time, or server indicating they will give a formation at some time).
Some announcements are not meant for the world to know, only the server…

(and I know there are already risks of other than server mate to see the announcement, but megaserver will make it almost impossible to know if people from my server are there)

in PvP

Posted by: thedrumchannell.2405

thedrumchannell.2405

How are WvWers expected to recruit amongst their PvE population if we have no way to contact our server mate in PvE? (eg, a commander stating he’ll take lead on x map at x time, or server indicating they will give a formation at some time).
Some announcements are not meant for the world to know, only the server…

(and I know there are already risks of other than server mate to see the announcement, but megaserver will make it almost impossible to know if people from my server are there)

It’s possible there will be a home world chat channel.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I’d like to hear some comment / justification for the rank rescaling and removal of jewels from amulets. Many of us have expressed our reasons for opposing these changes. Something to address those concerns would be appreciated.

And many of us have expressed our reasons for appreciating these changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

how about guid bank i left my old server coz of wvw but all the item thats in my guild bank i cant get anymore, and also have to re upgrade my personal guild to have the bank accessible again huge gold sink.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Colin: in your mind, if you could make anything possible, how would you want WvW to be?

Also… I won’t be able to speed clear world bosses anymore? Since I’ll never know at what stage and how long they’ve been up on different maps and other overflows (megaservers).

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

1. I feel like LFG is a severely underused tool, and it may be even more so with the new megaservers. Is there any chance you may have something in the works that could perhaps increase the viability of LFG or make it more used?

2. Since you didn’t hint that the mega server system will be used for WvW, isn’t the new megaserver going to create a lot of problems with WvW? Some concerns I have are loyalty problems with guilds (multi server guilds may become more prevalent than before, and could cause some drama issues with Guilds), spying, and other dirty tactics.

3. Do we have any word on when Commander tool updates will be coming out? I feel a more depthful/useful Commander system can do wonders for WvW.

4. When can we start seeing those experimental features in Edge of the mist be put into place into the current WvW maps. I’d love to see things like special objectives, bridges, weather, and the unique/cool looking structures be put into place. Any word on when we may see these?

5. Something I notice in WvW (for my tier atleast) is that the match is usually decided by the end of the weekend. Many times another team is in a high enough lead that morale and general care level of players drop. Is there anything you’re doing to address the issue of how hard it is for players to comeback? Many times the losing teams will just attack one another because they don’t get steamrolled. My server (yaks bend) has about triple the score of the second place server and we’ve been dominating them like this since sunday, the two losing servers have resolved to fight one another more often than teaming up against one another, are there any plans to perhaps reduce the snowball effect of a teaming dominating?

6. Borderlands- something I notice in BL is that the “defending” server of each BL is usually winning/dominating the map. Only in situations like mine where we are dominating the other servers do we see a break from this pattern. Are there any plans to perhaps make BL more balanced for all the teams involved?

7. A while ago I remember a developer mentioning how they’re looking into the Nightcapping problem, though they didn’t have anything concrete to talk about. Do you perhaps have an update on this?

8. Plans on further expanding the usefulness/importance of Guilds in WvW?

9. More siege? I’ve seen a lot of good ideas for future siege things. Things like easy to build timed bombs to blow up bridges/do large scale dps to an area. Building barricades to stall enemies. Though we haven’t really heard or seen any hints if Anet has any plans to add in more siege to WvW. So do you have anything you can tell us about adding in more siege/traps?

10. Any plans for more WvW maps?

11. Any upcoming features/content you’ll be adding to EotM?

12. What in the world is the middle area of Edge of the Mist for? Where the aetherblades are (top part). I know it was for the living story at some point, but there are like shields/portal looking things in the middle top part and I’ve always wondered what those are for.

13. Have you guys ever thought about adding more importance to supplies and supply caravans. Supply Camps and Doyaks are rarely cared about. Many times I see keeps/structures just stockpiling supplies and never use it, so the nearby supply camps become borderline useless. I’d love to see supplies be a more important part of the game aside from building siege.

14. Any plans to enforce/encourage more tactics in the battlefield? Especially taking structures? It’s always siege the front gate and charge in, gets very predictable.

15. Any plans on defense in general? Making it more rewarding, perhaps easier against huge zergs, more importance on defending, etc.

16. WxP upgrade lines. Any hints at future lines you’ll be adding? Perhaps expanding on current ones (like adding the ability to repair siege for repair mastery).

17. Guild Claiming seems mostly useless now a days. Sometimes Ill find keeps and castles unclaimed. Any plans on making Guild Claiming more useful?

18. What is the most thing you’re most excited for in WvW’s future?

in PvP

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

Why are you under the impression that customers who play WvW also play PvP?

Will Colin summarize exactly what the feature patch has brought to WvW? Lets not include WxP in the summary though because we’ve been waiting for that since November last year. As far as we can tell it has brought nothing. Unless you include uncertainty about its entire future as part of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Is information about WvW a joke?
Apart from account bound wxp, which is great, there is nothing new in the near future.

But I will play along.

1. When will we see commander/squad/party improvements for WvW?
2. Is Megaserver system going to be used in WvW in some sort of way, and if yes, will you provide some info in advance for people to discuss?
3. What Server are you playing on We know that Josh bandwagoned to tier1,but I hope that Colin is in mid/low tier?:)
4. Any new content coming to WvW in 2014? (wxp skills don’t count)

in PvP

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Would you care to elaborate on the new option for Leaders/Officers named “Mission Permission”. Does that only include the world boss events as stated, or does it go as far as giving guilds some actual control over Guild Missions as well. Namely speaking of Challenge, Rush, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Bruiser.4189

Bruiser.4189

Regarding the unidentified dyes players will recieve via the in-game mail system for duplicate dyes players have equipped, will those unidentified dyes be usable for crafting the legendary gift or will they be the account bound unidentified dyes (PvP) that were only useful for opening to get a random dye?

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

And many of us have expressed our reasons for appreciating these changes.

Way to misrepresent yourself. Many of you? There were only a few of you compared to the large number of players unhappy with the change.

Anyway, this RU doesn’t really interest me unless they do address some of the changes that they’re making.

in PvP

Posted by: Xhulifactor.2417

Xhulifactor.2417

How are Orichalcum and Ancient Wood Node Locations going to be handled with the new Megaserver system? It is going to hugely affect the ease of gathering these nodes to have to find them each time on each character, which will in turn drive prices on these commodities even higher.

~Xhulifactor

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Why are you under the impression that customers who play WvW also play PvP?

Because most do. There are only a very few players who only stick to one game mode. Some of course only play WvW or PvP, but I don’t know very many.

in PvP

Posted by: Nacht Fuchs.3762

Nacht Fuchs.3762

Did you consider that the league status (in addition to friends, guilds language ….) of a player could also have a value when choosing a map-instance of the Mists for a particular player? That would bring people of the same skill together in one instance.
Although I see that this could lead to elitism somehow i like the idea!

in PvP

Posted by: Manifibel.8420

Manifibel.8420

If you could make an example of how the mega server stuff is going to work, I would be happy. Since I dont fully get it.

Also, love the idea of makeing the super world bosses being able to be spawned by the guild. Just one question, is there a cooldown to it? So for instance, we try the triple truble wurm and fail. Can we start a new encounter just the second after if we wished so?

Dungeons being about how fast you clear then compared to being able to clear them makes me sad.

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

For SPVP, back in November you’ve shown us a number of objective based new game maps that you were working on. Are any of these close to being implemented? Do you consider releasing some of these temporarily so that you can see how the meta develops around these modes, before making the final decision to support them or not?

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Please consider sharing your thoughts with regard to the balance of crit builds in WvW and why you felt they needed adjustment in that gamemode in addition to PvE.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Got another one. ITs more of a concern with megaservers.

Megaservers and timed world boss spawns will push open world player interaction more into a darkhole that it already is. I remember during the first half a year of this game, especially while leveling up, meeting new players. We’d discuss everything about the game. Classes, secret jumping puzzles, bosses, etc. However since the rare chest for bosses update, player interaction in the open world is going down in quality every patch. Its very depressing for me as a player to see this happen. Everyday I feel like doing world bosses is just a check list instead of an epic world event. Other players feel like npcs, they don’t even feel like players. We just see an online timer say a boss is up, teleport to a waypoint, walk a few feet, then autoattack. The only difference being that the commander would tell us where the next boss is. It seems like this megaserver patch/world boss update will only push us more into a none communication gameplay. This is a MMO. I feel like im playing a singleplayer game where all I do is be apart of a massive blob of player models when I’m playing the open world. This isn’t a good multiplayer experience at all (just in the open world). Are you guys doing/have any plans to address this issue?

in PvP

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

two days ago you guys said Megaservers wont affect www in any way… not I see a big title Megaservers and the future of www
Why they are in same sentence now?

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

(edited by spiritus.7983)

in PvP

Posted by: Kendra Nightwind.8734

Kendra Nightwind.8734

My question is simple. First off let me state that I play a lot of PvE and very little WvW, but I use to go into WvW to help build up the score so PvE players like myself would get the various bonuses. These days, I never know if the WvW bonuses are working or not (I know someone claimed they were working again), some times they do some times they don’t.
Why should I be bothered to go into WvW when I don’t get to enjoy the benefits?
And before anyone says other wise, yes that was the ONLY reason I would go into WvW other than mapping (I still think that is wrong on so many levels).

in PvP

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

In the future, will completing map exploration in WvW be removed from the requirement for the gift of exploration? It doesn’t make sense to have a largely PvE crafted weapon make you fight other players to complete it. World Exploration should only matter in the PvE world, as the Mists are not the same world or game mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

More information on runes/sigils would be nice.

Much as surprises are fun, its an area of the game we’d rather give feedback on before the patch..

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

When introducing the megaservers, have you already thought about the impact on the economy, more precisely on the prices of mats ?
Since guesting is largely used to gather more mats, removing this ability will basically make gathering 1/3 of its corrent efficiency, which means less supply and same/more demand —> prices skyrocket.
The problem is especially true for orichalchum.
An answer to that would be nice

in PvP

Posted by: Shaez.5762

Shaez.5762

Fortunes Vale which was leaked few months ago was a wvw map very similar to EoTM. Is it some kind of early EoTM concept or it’s completely different?

in PvP

Posted by: Jandopo.2107

Jandopo.2107

1. About the future of WvW: a restyle of WvW maps is scheduled at the moment?

2. About Megaserver: this technology is cheaper or more expansive than the system you used until now?

3. Random: Capes / Cloaks … when? In this interview Mr. Johanson assured us that you are working on them.

Thank you for reading.

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

will a longsword or longbow ranger become useful after we have megaserver?
just asking, maybe its possible.

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Flytrap.8075

3. Random: Capes / Cloaks … when? In this interview Mr. Johanson assured us that you are working on them.

You must learn to take everything that Colin says with a grain of salt; you’ll only end up disappointed otherwise.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

Would new megaserver allow to take off (or increase) 5 targets cap on aoe?

Is there any plan for this in the future?

This would be really good cause actually the five target aoe cap is the 1st reason being a zerg rules overall.

I know devs told us in the past that removing aoe cap wasn’t possible for technical issue but i’m wondering if the new megaserver system would be capable of maneage an highest aoe target cap (10 or 20 or no cap at all) rather than 5.

Thx

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

This would be really good cause actually the five target aoe cap is the 1st reason being a zerg rules overall.

I know devs told us in the past that removing aoe cap wasn’t possible for technical issue but i’m wondering if the new megaserver system would be capable of maneage an highest aoe target cap (10 or 20 or no cap at all) rather than 5.

Thx

nope

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

Thx

nope

Source?

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in PvP

Flytrap.8075

This stream was a complete waste of time.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Needed more Allie

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

This stream was a complete waste of time.

That’s why I like the dulfy quick caps:

http://dulfy.net/2014/04/04/gw2-ready-up-developer-livestream-ep-10-notes/

There is really nothing new in the stream… at all lol

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Hey all,

We wanted to do more with the questions, but we didn’t have enough time with Colin to do it during the show. We wanted to make sure to include a recap of the Feature build and Tournament of Legends announcements as there’s been a lot to take in which some have missed (proven via comments in twitch chat).

That said, we’ll try to answer more of these in a future livestream or through the Dolyak Express.

Thanks everyone for tuning in and submitting your questions!