Dev vs Community - The Challenge

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

I don’t play warrior in PvP. My warrior is my PvE character, which I also play in WvW. I don’t play hambow, though.

in PvP

Posted by: Humbrauck.3190

Humbrauck.3190

We team up and play every Tuesday with our tags on. We swap between WvW and PvP, and will swap servers occasionally as well.

Hi Allie,

(( DISCLAIMER: French of Jade Sea, worst english is my own shame ))

I just read this post and I’d like to know on wich server you are ? Then I could see you in game. I’ll be carefull to be connected bettween 18h00 – 8h00 (CEST) ti be in the Seattle horary.

Thanks for reading,

Humbrauck

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I don’t play warrior in PvP. My warrior is my PvE character, which I also play in WvW. I don’t play hambow, though.

Sorry for getting that wrong then! I just remember seeing you on the livestream duel the first time that we voted and there was a warrior sitting in the lobby of the scoreboard that people thought was yours.

Wasn’t trying to insinuate anything, like I said you are “forum famous” now, and people like how much interaction you have with us!

#allieforpresident2016

EDIT: If you ever want to come visit GoM (not sure if you guys can just transfer to a server whenever you want on live servers) you should definitely come WvW with us, or do some PvP! We’d love to have you.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: Maverick Holix.1382

Maverick Holix.1382

So what if thee play. How good are they at playing is the question. Are they understanding the mechanics to a point to recognize anomalies. I think not.

and just bcuz they are ranked 200 in leader boards or even 50 doesn’t mean they understand this or not. That’s the whole point of the braindead spam build meta currently out today.

twitch.tv/maverick_holix

in PvP

Posted by: monochrome.9841

monochrome.9841

^ That’s a valid concern, but it still make at least a little at ease that some of them play.
I hope more of them would (all people involved in balance would be nice) and for it to be more in spot light.

@Devs
Maybe you can stream some of your matches? …even posting some vids with music without voice comm would be nice to see how you guys play your own game and made community more calm becaus they would understand that you guys know what you are doing.

PS. More love for EU from Devs plz ^^

“Professionals… are predictable; the world is full
of dangerous amateurs.” Murphy’s Law
Mr Mooo → Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Solo Arena:

• Roy, 272,
  • Evan, 428,
  • Grouch, 876

Team Arena:

• Grouch, 67
  • Roy, 309,
  • Allie, 353 (wut?)
  • Tyler B, 92%
  • Evan, 91%

OK

Can you cull out the ones that are not playing Warrior, decap engie or Thief as their main?

Done. Hugh plays a Hambow, but he played it before it was cool. I’m pretty sure he’s been using that same warrior (Nightmare) since launch.

OK, which one plays a Mesmer? Which one plays an Ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Solo Arena:

• Roy, 272,
  • Evan, 428,
  • Grouch, 876

Team Arena:

• Grouch, 67
  • Roy, 309,
  • Allie, 353 (wut?)
  • Tyler B, 92%
  • Evan, 91%

OK

Can you cull out the ones that are not playing Warrior, decap engie or Thief as their main?

Done. Hugh plays a Hambow, but he played it before it was cool. I’m pretty sure he’s been using that same warrior (Nightmare) since launch.

I main Mesmer, and I think Evan has a Mesmer alt. Branden plays Ele, and Allie use to play Ele before she went over to the dark side and started playing Necro. I don’t know what Roy and Tyler B run.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Solo Arena:

• Roy, 272,
  • Evan, 428,
  • Grouch, 876

Team Arena:

• Grouch, 67
  • Roy, 309,
  • Allie, 353 (wut?)
  • Tyler B, 92%
  • Evan, 91%

OK

I main Mesmer, and I think Evan has a Mesmer alt. Branden plays Ele, and Allie use to play Ele before she went over to the dark side and started playing Necro. I don’t know what Roy and Tyler B run.

Justin, out of curiosity what build do you run in PvP?

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

I’ve seen Roy play engineer in solo queue. He didn’t have his tag on which is probably why nobody recognized him and he didn’t get targeted :p.

Also, monochrome, Grouch has been streaming a little recently.

I play on both EU and NA, but I agree one of the nice things about NA is running into Devs once every while!!

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

Solo Arena:

• Roy, 272,
  • Evan, 428,
  • Grouch, 876

Team Arena:

• Grouch, 67
  • Roy, 309,
  • Allie, 353 (wut?)
  • Tyler B, 92%
  • Evan, 91%

OK

Thanks Justin. I wonder if there is a correlation between the state of those professions and the amount of time the developers play them. I know you’re not on the Balance Team, so you’re excused. :-)

in PvP

JoopFOX.9510

Solo Arena:

• Roy, 272,
  • Evan, 428,
  • Grouch, 876

Team Arena:

• Grouch, 67
  • Roy, 309,
  • Allie, 353 (wut?)
  • Tyler B, 92%
  • Evan, 91%

OK

It’s because you’re a mesmer that you’re “only” in the 80s, don’t you agree? XD

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

I usually run a lockdown build, but like to experiment.

I think the biggest thing holding me back is keeping track of my illusions and knowing when to shatter. I have really hard time effectively using the diversion and distortion shatters.

I’m a better engineer than mesmer, but I keep coming back to mesmer because it’s more fun to play.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

(edited by Justin ODell.9517)

in PvP

JoopFOX.9510

I think the biggest thing holding me back is keeping track of my illusions and knowing when to shatter. I have really hard time effectively using the diversion and distortion shatters.

I’m a better engineer than mesmer, but I keep coming back to mesmer because it’s more fun to play.

That is definitely hard, and I agree about mesmer being fun! Since you’re one of the most active devs on this forum, would you consider coming on for one of the future Ready Up’s? I think we’ve seen most devs that hang out here except for you!

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Thedenofsin.7340

That is definitely hard, and I agree about mesmer being fun! Since you’re one of the most active devs on this forum, would you consider coming on for one of the future Ready Up’s? I think we’ve seen most devs that hang out here except for you!

^^YES Please!

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

I don’t like playing with my tag because it’s a beacon for targeting.

I’ve been in solo arenas, turned my tag on, and become the instant target for coordinated play. I’d play more with my tag on if this wasn’t the case.

I could see this cause I have participated. lol

Nothing better then killing a dev!

I agree tho keep it off.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Justin, are you running a 20/20/30/0/0 lockdown build? Or 30/20/20/0/0?

If so, you rock and are one of the manliest mesmer!