Did I Miss A Seminar or Something?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Ok so (as I’m sure everyone else has) there has been kitten ear non stop threads about ventari rev needing to be nerfed and I’m failing to understand why?

I’ve always managed to kill bunker revs (I can literally still count on 1 hand how many I lost to) especially when they were alone, if you can spike your damage high enough in repeated bursts and not just bursting immediately like a crazy person…they’ll eventually (actually itll be a bit quick) run out of energy for a short period

In that short period theyre extremely vulnerable, boon stealing on them works pretty well too which will empower you and weaken them further because now they have to worry about their health even more

My issue with all of these posts are….just like any other bunker spec except maybe eles and engis

Revs fall and die once 2 players who know what to do get to them, at 3 if the rev isn’t dead its really a l2p issue then

I literally haven’t seen a rev solo 3 competent people or more

I mean the fact that ive killed quite a few solo should be saying something and I don’t consider myself anywhere near good

Last season I made it to plat in 12 matches

This season I’ve only managed gold (I’m really just in it for the wings tbh, but still)

Ik for a fact that I’m not good so how are so many ppl struggling with this build

All it can do is bunker, it cant deal damage, its sustain isn’t very strong….I just don’t get it

Boon sharing rev, ok yeah that’s understandable, but bunker rev? Yeah I’m not understating

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Ventari & condi thief… Woooo weeeeeeeeee!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Because they have over 9000 knockbacks.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Sure absolutely, if I have a competent premade who knows rotations and could actually 2v1 quite quickly then I agree.

SoloQ/DuoQ…? It’s not that they can’t be killed, it often takes too long to do so. Almost every game I’m in, it’s taking way too long to down a vent Rev to the point where the rest of the enemy team snowballs other nodes.

Sure you competent duo with a half-ass decent Mesmer or Thief partner can either rotate around him or burst him down quickly enough (moa OP). Other team comps? Good luck with that.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Drakhar.1389

Drakhar.1389

There is no viable build in the game with enough damage to kill a competent (~plat 1 level) Ventari rev 1v1. I honestly think they’re not the worst, but the knockback spam is just a bit too obnoxious, easy to execute, and difficult to deal with in solo q.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

There are builds

I run condi or power depending on how I feel

If I can kill 1 with my power necros, why cant anyone else?

I mean yeah they have knockbacks sure

But just about every class has stability, and invuln period, or blocks they can use

(i don’t feel like warriors even have an excuse)

Youre best bet to kill them off really is like i said, make them burn their energy and if needed cc them (cc’s really the best way to deal with any bunker build tbh, maybe not eles but the rest are screwed, its just like trap guard, cc them and kite them at range and they go down pretty easy right?)

I mean, rn part of pvp is the over use of cc, why not use it?

in PvP

Posted by: Drakhar.1389

Drakhar.1389

Maybe it’s different in lower divisions, but from my experience in plat (over 50 games this season) those I know in plat, and all the top players I watch on twitch, I have yet to see a decent Ventari rev die 1v1. I hate to say it, but maybe all the decent Ventari revs are rated high enough you aren’t getting in games with them. Fits with the theory that the build carries players to divisions higher than they deserve.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Heavy condition application counters the kitten out of Ventari Rev

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Not all classes or builds. And these specific classes are not always condi.

If they have an Ele, you’ll never take mid efficiently enough unless they are of lower skill level.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Ventari Rev is the new turret engi. Easy to play for how effective it is and it craps on people at lower skill levels who cant coordinate.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz