Dishonorable debuff - bad design

in PvP

Posted by: Caderyn.2079

Caderyn.2079

For those of you that don’t know, it’s when you leave a PvP game three times in one day.

After the recent updates to the game I’ve experienced a lot of crashes (blue screens that force restarts), more than usual. I submitted a ticket to Anet to see what they could do for me and they suggested a few things that I readily tried, but to no avail. The crashes continued. My computer specs are relatively good (GTX 550 Ti card, 8 GB, i5 etc).

During this process of trying to understand what was happening I changed many things (graphics and sound settings, windowed mode etc) and on a few occasions I thought it was fixed which prompted me to join a PvP game, only to have the game crash my computer bang in the middle of the match.

As I DIDN’T KNOW (they give you no heads up) about the existence of the debuff, I would desperately attempt to join the game again but GW2 – for reasons I do not understand – takes forever to load again and if you do manage to get in early it usually crashes again.

Long story short, yesterday this happened 3 times during the day and much to my surprise I found myself with a 72 hour ban from PvP. Yes that’s right SEVENTY FRIKKIN TWO HOURS.

I’m being punished for THREE DAYS for something that is completely not my fault. This is entirely on Anet, it’s their developers that can’t stabilize the game and the poor gamer that’s still soldiering on through all the bugs gets slapped on the face.

It doesn’t make any sense that such an unstable game can have such a severe punishment for leaving games?!

They refuse to reduce the time on the ban and unfortunately I think this is the FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN for me. A game with so much potential but thrown to waste by a few bad developers and decision makers.

I suggest they make this punishment A LOT milder because not everyone is leaving games on purpose.

in PvP

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I have a feeling your computer might be dying, that much crashing is abnormal – GW2 isn’t perfectly coded but that’s not their end.

That said, wow never heard of this 3 day ban, that does seem crazy.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in PvP

Posted by: Teyrul.7804

Teyrul.7804

After the recent updates to the game I’ve experienced a lot of crashes
|…|
I’m being punished for THREE DAYS for something that is completely not my fault.

Joining PvP games knowing that you will probably crash is your fault.

in PvP

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Maybe try contacting support and see what they can do. But until you solve the crashing, I would not PvP.

And the debuff is there to prevent people throwing matches. Or at least give them an incentive not to. What would your proposal be to replace that?

in PvP

Caderyn.2079

Maybe try contacting support and see what they can do. But until you solve the crashing, I would not PvP.

And the debuff is there to prevent people throwing matches. Or at least give them an incentive not to. What would your proposal be to replace that?

People throwing matches can be punished like in other games. 30 minutes, 1 hour something acceptable. At least it prevents them from leaving and immediately joining another game.

But THREE DAYS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

in PvP

Caderyn.2079

After the recent updates to the game I’ve experienced a lot of crashes
|…|
I’m being punished for THREE DAYS for something that is completely not my fault.

Joining PvP games knowing that you will probably crash is your fault.

Ok, I tried the fixes they suggested and played for awhile without joining. You expect me to never join again under the fear of crashes? No can do.

in PvP

Caderyn.2079

I have a feeling your computer might be dying, that much crashing is abnormal – GW2 isn’t perfectly coded but that’s not their end.

That said, wow never heard of this 3 day ban, that does seem crazy.

It’s being abnormally crashing since the recent updates. It usually crashes a lot less, but still most days at least once.

in PvP

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

While I feel for you, I feel more for the 9 (edit: 27 – 9×3) other people who are left ‘holding the bag’ and now basically wasting their time in a non-competitive PvP match.

Good luck fixing your computer issues. I can’t say I’ve experienced crashes.

in PvP

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’d suggest:

• Checking all video drivers are up to date
  • Running hard drive, RAM and video card diagnostics. For the HDD and RAM, there’s a utility called Geek SX out there which you load on boot, and for the video card I suggest Furmark.

There was a point where I constantly kept getting blue screens at a specific point in the game and it turned out I had faulty sectors on my hard drive that was causing it.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in PvP

Posted by: Dash.7108

Dash.7108

If you were on my team and crashed out I would absolutely want you to get dishonored.

in PvP

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

It’s NOT his computer. Since the last update i’ve disconnected so many times i just gave up trying to play. ANet has an issue they need to fix. OP your situation stinks and is entirely unfair.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in PvP

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Maybe you should post in the PvP forum about this instead of the Discussion forum. If the game is flagging you but not warning you about the flag then make a suggestion there that it do so. For example, when you get the flag a warning in yellow could appear in the chat window. Something like, “Your account has received one Dishonorable mark for leaving a match before it ends. Three active marks will cause a 72 hour PvP ban.”

in PvP

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Do you know what underspeeding is? It’s when you get ticketed for driving under the posted speed limit. People underspeeding are a hazard to everyone around them because they aren’t behaving as is expected of them.

Your PC is not behaving as is expected of it in a PvP match. If you can’t keep up with the rest around you, you are an annoyance to others and need to be removed. You need to fix your problems before pointing the blame to others. I see no issue with ANET’s design here.

in PvP

Seera.5916

People throwing matches can be punished like in other games. 30 minutes, 1 hour something acceptable. At least it prevents them from leaving and immediately joining another game.

What would probably work better is a system that can track the number of times banned from PvP over x time. First time one hour. Second time one day. Third time 72 hours.

That way the ones who do intend to throw matches face long bans, but those who stumble into crashing aren’t too horribly affected. I do agree that three days for a first offense is harsh given that it could easily happen to players who aren’t leaving intentionally.

And to those saying it was her fault, it does look like she was troubleshooting and you can’t know of something fixed the problem if you don’t jump back in and play again. So her ban might have come up during her attempt to get things fixed.

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It’s NOT his computer. Since the last update i’ve disconnected so many times i just gave up trying to play. ANet has an issue they need to fix. OP your situation stinks and is entirely unfair.

Yeah… except for the fact that the OP isn’t actually disconnecting, but rather gets a COMPUTER CRASH.

But sure, it is probably ArenaNets fault as well. Just like cancer, WWII and aids.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

TheDaiBish.9735

They at least know about the server issues, as noted in the release notes.

However, a disconnection is to do with the connection between the server and the player. A disconnection won’t cause a BSOD (unless, of course, the network adapter is screwing up, but again, that’s down to the computer).

A BSOD is very, very rarely to do with a game client and in 99.9% of cases indicates a hardware or software issue dealing with the operating of the computer (drivers, updates, the OS ect).

Unless the OP has tested all of their hardware and ensured all of their drivers and such are up to date, you can’t rule that out.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

(edited by TheDaiBish.9735)

in PvP

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

ANet just gave you 3 days to fix your crashing issues before joining PvP again. Or did you want to keep joining matches and crashing and ruining the fun for everyone?

Bluescreens are a hardware issue, meaning the error comes from ring 0 code. No video game you own runs code in ring 0, that’s driver code. either your driver has a bug (blame nvidia) or you have a hardware fault (and should follow the advice given to you by others in this thread).

I know this is frustrating for you, but throwing blame where it’s not due isn’t helping. And I know you wish you could play PvP for the next 3 days… but no one wants you on their team, you’ll be a liability until your crashing issues are resolved.

Good luck.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

It does suck when this happens. I can’t control when my internet craps out and I can’t control when my computer craps out, and it’s a bummer to get dishonorable or lose progress of any kind when this happens.

But, to play devil’s advocate, while it would be nice if it didn’t happen… What other solution is there? The game can’t detect when your hardware craps out by accident or on purpose. And yes, there are people who intentionally drop out of games once even the first clash is lost.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Yeah it’s been said in similar posts before – If you’re connection or computer isn’t stable enough to accommodate PvP that is organised and might affect other players, you probably should know better than to keep risking it by logging in (especially when you know you’ve crashed twice before!), so sorry, I have to agree with others and say that the buff is fine as it is.

With the deepest respect of course

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in PvP

Caderyn.2079

Maybe you should post in the PvP forum about this instead of the Discussion forum. If the game is flagging you but not warning you about the flag then make a suggestion there that it do so. For example, when you get the flag a warning in yellow could appear in the chat window. Something like, “Your account has received one Dishonorable mark for leaving a match before it ends. Three active marks will cause a 72 hour PvP ban.”

I absolutely agree with your suggestion. If I had known I was getting flagged for a THREE DAY ban I would have given the attempts a break.

Making a clear warning of being flagged, like a countdown would be a great improvement to the game.

in PvP

Caderyn.2079

What would probably work better is a system that can track the number of times banned from PvP over x time. First time one hour. Second time one day. Third time 72 hours.

That way the ones who do intend to throw matches face long bans, but those who stumble into crashing aren’t too horribly affected. I do agree that three days for a first offense is harsh given that it could easily happen to players who aren’t leaving intentionally.

And to those saying it was her fault, it does look like she was troubleshooting and you can’t know of something fixed the problem if you don’t jump back in and play again. So her ban might have come up during her attempt to get things fixed.

Thanks for the constructive comment! I agree a first offense shouldn’t be so harsh, especially when it was unintentional over a period of troubleshooting (they have to account for these possibilities when we’re dealing with a game that is this unstable). Your idea of a 1 hour ban for first timers sounds good, hope someone over at Anet reads these ideas and gets them implemented.

in PvP

Caderyn.2079

ANet just gave you 3 days to fix your crashing issues before joining PvP again. Or did you want to keep joining matches and crashing and ruining the fun for everyone?

Bluescreens are a hardware issue, meaning the error comes from ring 0 code. No video game you own runs code in ring 0, that’s driver code. either your driver has a bug (blame nvidia) or you have a hardware fault (and should follow the advice given to you by others in this thread).

I know this is frustrating for you, but throwing blame where it’s not due isn’t helping. And I know you wish you could play PvP for the next 3 days… but no one wants you on their team, you’ll be a liability until your crashing issues are resolved.

Good luck.

Anet is to blame, I play WoW, Assassins Creed IV, Farcry III and many other games that never crash. My PC is fully up to date and these problems shouldn’t happen.

I agree I’m a liability to teams, the thing is the game should issue warnings that I’m about to be banned (I’m troubleshooting not intentionally leaving games so give people in my situation a heads up). Not just surprise 3 day ban me. The ideas other players gave above go well in making this a less traumatic experience.

in PvP

TheDaiBish.9735

Anet is to blame, I play WoW, Assassins Creed IV, Farcry III and many other games that never crash. My PC is fully up to date and these problems shouldn’t happen.

It’s still possible it’s your hard drive.

I was able to play other games too (GW, PoE, LoL etc), it was just GW2 crashing, and only at a specific point (during a PS chapter). After replacing my hard drive from finding a fault with it, I had none of these problems.

Another thought; have you tried repairing the client?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in PvP

Seera.5916

Good luck.

I agree I’m a liability to teams, the thing is the game should issue warnings that I’m about to be banned (I’m troubleshooting not intentionally leaving games so give people in my situation a heads up). Not just surprise 3 day ban me. The ideas other players gave above go well in making this a less traumatic experience.

What they mean by the game is the game isn’t the direct cause of the BSOD.

Maybe how the game utilitizes your hardware with the drivers that are on it that causes the BSOD. And BSOD’s aren’t exactly healthy for your computer.

It might be worth trying to track down what specific thing in your computer is throwing fits over GW2 about.

One time a video card driver update crashed Sims 2 for everyone. The only solution was to roll back the drivers to the last known working one.

By themselves none was an issue, but when combined there was an issue.

This is likely the case for you. That some combination of GW2 and some component on your computer cause the BSOD. If it is not just coincidence that it BSOD’s while you’re playing GW2. And it could in fact just be coincidence.

And in case it is just coincidence, you really should make sure that there isn’t your computer.

in PvP

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I think I know what the problem is. You haven’t bought enough gems yet.

trollface.jpg

In all seriousness though, I sympathize with you OP. That is complete and utter bullkitten and I’d be raging too if I were in your shoes.

in PvP

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

@OP
I had similar problem.
Try uninstalling your current gpu drivers + clean up properly! (google)
Download 1.5 year old drivers, install and try again.

Its 15 minutes of work + testing. Worth trying. Might be a driver bug with your setup running gw2. Not game’s fault tho.

Also, 3 days are alright.
We all know it’s not your fault, but dont be selfish. Think about it.

in PvP

Caderyn.2079

@OP
I had similar problem.

Its 15 minutes of work + testing. Worth trying. Might be a driver bug with your setup running gw2. Not game’s fault tho.

Ok thanks for the tips.

THREE DAYS IS NOT ALRIGHT. Anet should seriously consider making this punishment scale up, start with 1 hour and gradually increase. This would give people a chance to take it easy and slowly troubleshoot before they are slapped with a RIDICULOUSLY OVER THE TOP punishment.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

@OP
I had similar problem.

Ok thanks for the tips.

THREE DAYS IS NOT ALRIGHT. Anet should seriously consider making this punishment scale up, start with 1 hour and gradually increase. This would give people a chance to take it easy and slowly troubleshoot before they are slapped with a RIDICULOUSLY OVER THE TOP punishment.

The three day punishment only happens if you leave a PvP match 3 times in one day. The way it works is it applies one 24h stack on you, and once you reach the 3rd stack it is visible.

This also applies to only RATED PvP matches, you can still do hotjoins without issue.

In addition to that, dishonored is only applied if the match ends without you. You can get dced in mid match and come back in without dishonored. IF you are getting dishonored stacks, that means you are leaving games for greater than 4-5 min which can cause a winning team to lose because of you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Dishonored-Details

in PvP

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

Thats what you get for trying to play bad pvp in a bad game.

in PvP

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

How is this constructive?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in PvP

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Well that doesn’t mean that the problem is not your hardware since most of us rarely crash. On a fresh PC where everything is cleanly installed these problems rarely show up, but PCs that have accrued some mileage will have hiccups.

It can be a number of things – typical wear and tear (yes this is a thing for PC hardware), temps on your chips (download HWmonitor), airflow issues, memory issues, loose chips/badly assembled, some parts in need of replacement (PSU? hard disks/ssd? never go cheap on PSUs) software or driver conflicts.

I used to run gw2 on mid-range amd/radeon PC that’s 8 years old, it had ok fps during pvp/dungeons and barely experienced crashes. If you got the gtx550 ti your PC is probably <3 years old? Something is probably wrong.

(edited by Bread.7516)

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

For those of you that don’t know, it’s when you leave a PvP game three times in one day.

After the recent updates to the game I’ve experienced a lot of crashes (blue screens that force restarts), more than usual. I submitted a ticket to Anet to see what they could do for me and they suggested a few things that I readily tried, but to no avail. The crashes continued. My computer specs are relatively good (GTX 550 Ti card, 8 GB, i5 etc).

During this process of trying to understand what was happening I changed many things (graphics and sound settings, windowed mode etc) and on a few occasions I thought it was fixed which prompted me to join a PvP game, only to have the game crash my computer bang in the middle of the match.

As I DIDN’T KNOW (they give you no heads up) about the existence of the debuff, I would desperately attempt to join the game again but GW2 – for reasons I do not understand – takes forever to load again and if you do manage to get in early it usually crashes again.

Long story short, yesterday this happened 3 times during the day and much to my surprise I found myself with a 72 hour ban from PvP. Yes that’s right SEVENTY FRIKKIN TWO HOURS.

I’m being punished for THREE DAYS for something that is completely not my fault. This is entirely on Anet, it’s their developers that can’t stabilize the game and the poor gamer that’s still soldiering on through all the bugs gets slapped on the face.

It doesn’t make any sense that such an unstable game can have such a severe punishment for leaving games?!

They refuse to reduce the time on the ban and unfortunately I think this is the FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN for me. A game with so much potential but thrown to waste by a few bad developers and decision makers.

I suggest they make this punishment A LOT milder because not everyone is leaving games on purpose.

On a more serious note, I had the exact same issue just 2days ago, I had constant dc/crash for unknown reason right in the middle of the match ~250-250~. And I got 72 hours debuff as well.

So really… let just laugh at our misfortune, and ask ourselves if we can see ourselves walking children in nature.

in PvP

Chase.8415

On a more serious note, I had the exact same issue just 2days ago, I had constant dc/crash for unknown reason right in the middle of the match ~250-250~. And I got 72 hours debuff as well.

So really… let just laugh at our misfortune, and ask ourselves if we can see ourselves walking children in nature.

You have to dc 3 times in one day to get 72 hours, in addition tot hat you have to be dc’ed while the game ended. If you dced while in mid match and never came back for the rest of the game, then you deserved to get dishonored.

in PvP

Seera.5916

I’ll second the question.

The OP had a few computer crashes due to BSOD. They weren’t trying to throw a match and or being a sore loser. There isn’t any warning that there is a debuff for too many disconnects in a 24 hour period. As such, OP was shocked and rightfully angry. OP may not have joined more matches before the third one had she known a third disconnect would have given her a ban.

And three days seems a little high for a first time offense. Which is why I suggested a scale up system. That way those who do it a lot get longer punishments, but the new player who isn’t aware of the issue or thinks he’s fixed his problem doesn’t find themselves banned for too long.

in PvP

Caderyn.2079

I’ll second the question.

The OP had a few computer crashes due to BSOD. They weren’t trying to throw a match and or being a sore loser. There isn’t any warning that there is a debuff for too many disconnects in a 24 hour period. As such, OP was shocked and rightfully angry. OP may not have joined more matches before the third one had she known a third disconnect would have given her a ban.

And three days seems a little high for a first time offense. Which is why I suggested a scale up system. That way those who do it a lot get longer punishments, but the new player who isn’t aware of the issue or thinks he’s fixed his problem doesn’t find themselves banned for too long.

Perfect.

in PvP

Chase.8415

It was originally a lot less punishing, but the feedback from players had it increased.

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

How is 3 disconnects a first time offense? It’d be 3rd offense tbh.

1st: forgiven, maybe a power outage
2nd: forgiven, maybe heat of the moment
3rd: …wat

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

in PvP

Seera.5916

OP was troubleshooting computer crashes that happened to occur while OP is playing GW2 and in a match.

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

OP was troubleshooting computer crashes that happened to occur while OP is playing GW2 and in a match.

Which is why nothing happened the first two times.

Whose fault it was is irrelevant to the other 27 people in those 3 matches.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

in PvP

Seera.5916

But she was never warned that if it happened 3 times she would get a three day ban.

And she isn’t saying that the ban in and of itself is bad. Just that lack of warning combined with a FIRST time reaching that point gave her a three day ban. That’s what her problem is. First time reaching 3 disconnects in a 24 hour period and stuck with a 3 day ban without notice.

“We noticed you disconnected the last [time/ 2 times] you were in a match in the last 24 hours. In order to keep the best chances of an even playing field on both sides, if you disconnect [two more times/again], you will be prohibited from joining anymore matches for 72 hours.”

Or even make the first two times a visible “boon” and when you hover over it it explains it. “Dishonorable. If you disconnect while in a pvp match 3 times in 24 hours you get a 72 hour ban.” How many players would ignore a new “boon” on their panel?

If they aren’t going to give any warning, they need to make the FIRST ban (maybe even just the first ban ever) be a one hour ban as a warning. “You were only banned for one hour this time, but if you disconnect 3 times in a day again, you will get a 3 day ban”. And make the one hour ban like the birthday booster boon. It only counts down while you’re in game.

Have every account have an invisible boon that will knock the first ever 3 day ban down to 1 hour and act like the birthday booster. It also generates mail that explains that if 3 disconnects in a 24 hour period happens again the ban will be 72 hours.

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

But she was never warned that if it happened 3 times she would get a three day ban.

And she isn’t saying that the ban in and of itself is bad. Just that lack of warning combined with a FIRST time reaching that point gave her a three day ban. That’s what her problem is. First time reaching 3 disconnects in a 24 hour period and stuck with a 3 day ban without notice.

“We noticed you disconnected the last [time/ 2 times] you were in a match in the last 24 hours. In order to keep the best chances of an even playing field on both sides, if you disconnect [two more times/again], you will be prohibited from joining anymore matches for 72 hours.”

Or even make the first two times a visible “boon” and when you hover over it it explains it. “Dishonorable. If you disconnect while in a pvp match 3 times in 24 hours you get a 72 hour ban.” How many players would ignore a new “boon” on their panel?

If they aren’t going to give any warning, they need to make the FIRST ban (maybe even just the first ban ever) be a one hour ban as a warning. “You were only banned for one hour this time, but if you disconnect 3 times in a day again, you will get a 3 day ban”. And make the one hour ban like the birthday booster boon. It only counts down while you’re in game.

Have every account have an invisible boon that will knock the first ever 3 day ban down to 1 hour and act like the birthday booster. It also generates mail that explains that if 3 disconnects in a 24 hour period happens again the ban will be 72 hours.

Noted thats a decent suggestion but the op is clearly at fault she could of played a few hotjoins matches to see if the issues was resolved. Not continuously joining ranked matches and wasting the time of 27 people 27!! Now that I think about it, the punishment is prob not harsh enough.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Seera.5916

Noted thats a decent suggestion but the op is clearly at fault she could of played a few hotjoins matches to see if the issues was resolved. Not continuously joining ranked matches and wasting the time of 27 people 27!! Now that I think about it, the punishment is prob not harsh enough.

Where did I say that it wasn’t her fault?

All I said was that either the punishment itself needed to change (to be less harsh for the first time the 3 disconnects happen with a note that says that was the only time it will be less harsh) OR a warning system needs to be put into place to warn those who are not intentionally trying to waste people’s time.

Though, the best solution would be to maybe send off a mail to everyone the first time they enter the heart of the mists (or the next time they enter the heart of the mists) that explains dishonorable and what causes it and what happens when it happens too much too often. That way those trolls who aren’t paying attention get caught and everyone gets a break from them. If they go for the warning method.

in PvP

Caderyn.2079

Fact is they need to create a way of warning players this kind of ban exists. It’s the least they can do.

Three days is way to harsh to an unsuspected player already suffering with instability issues.

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

Spend more time fixing your blue screen problem and less time complaining about your negligence on the forums :P

Not only are you a catalyst to the horde of whiners on the forums (omg 4v5 soloq) but you blame everyone but yourself because you probably have a virus or hardware issues.

(edited by Zirith.6429)

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

If you’re crashing and disconnecting that much, the game should stop you from queueing. You’re clearly a detriment to the team.

The game should definitely give you some sort of heads-up, though.

Well current system does stop him from queueing for 3 days he can still play the game and spvp just not ranked matches. The penalty is fine but yes a warning after the first offense could be a good addition to the system.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

OP, you using Intel chip with a SATA hard drive? I am and i got an update on 6/17 from intel that was some power saving mechanism with SATA harddrives. Anyway, it was caughing my computer to hang up and crash about 5 times a day until I disabled the software it installed (Intel rapid storage technology). If thats on your computer, try disabling it, I haven’t crashed since i turned that off

in PvP

Caderyn.2079

Spend more time fixing your blue screen problem and less time complaining about your negligence on the forums :P

Not only are you a catalyst to the horde of whiners on the forums (omg 4v5 soloq) but you blame everyone but yourself because you probably have a virus or hardware issues.

Ok. Calm down now. Let me clear it up for you. I have formatted my computer, ran hard drive and memory checks with windows and other tools, updated every driver (even tried reverting to old drivers), downloaded the ENTIRE game from the site again and many more checks and yet it still crashes. (I will attempt the intel rapid storage one the chap above suggested).

I play many other games and none of them crash.

Have you ever stopped to think that the reason there are so many 4v5 whiners is because most of the leavers are crashing like me?

Be nice.

in PvP

Chase.8415

Just because every other games works doesn’t mean ArenaNet is at fault. In fact just about every support ticket they have, people claim its the games fault but ArenaNet pretty much proves it is their issue instead.

What was the blue screen of death error code?

in PvP

Caderyn.2079

Just because every other games works doesn’t mean ArenaNet is at fault. In fact just about every support ticket they have, people claim its the games fault but ArenaNet pretty much proves it is their issue instead.

What was the blue screen of death error code?

How the heck do you know they prove people wrong?

Check this thread out… all these people with identical problems. If so many come to forums there are many more that just accept it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Game-crash-log-an-idea

in PvP

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I’m sorry for your troubles, but realize that you inconvenienced 27 other people.

The ban might be a tad too long but remember, back when there was no penalty for leaving, 4v5s were incredibly common.