Do somthing about leavers!!!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Axis.1085

Axis.1085

Pls how many months time after time do we have to beg to do somting about this? It wont change by it self. Do you understand thakittens destroying solo play in tournaments?
Do you care about solo players????

Do you understand my frustration and where it leads… me having to be rude for somthing this simple?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

OR

D
R
U
M

R
O
L
L

Stop being a solo player in tournaments and join a team?

You know since it’s kinda a team based part of the game.

This but also start punish leavers too…15 mins ban from pvp, no reset on relog and stacking for next matches left would be a decent solution..

in PvP

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

OR

D
R
U
M

R
O
L
L

This but also start punish leavers too…15 mins ban from pvp, no reset on relog and stacking for next matches left would be a decent solution..

I would agree with this – but there is one major flaw.

The match making system in this game is horrible.

So why should anyone be forced to sit and get farmed by teams or players that or so much higher ranked then them. You learn nothing from those experiences. What that does is basically stop new players from coming into pvp in GW2 due to being frustrated which is the exact opposite of what we all want.

I see no issue with the current setup and IF a time comes when the match making system improves then and only then would I support this.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Archaon.6245

OR

D
R
U
M

R
O
L
L

I would agree with this – but there is one major flaw.

The match making system in this game is horrible.

So why should anyone be forced to sit and get farmed by teams or players that or so much higher ranked then them. You learn nothing from those experiences. What that does is basically stop new players from coming into pvp in GW2 due to being frustrated which is the exact opposite of what we all want.

I see no issue with the current setup and IF a time comes when the match making system improves then and only then would I support this.

Well i yoloq much and when i go yolo i know it’s like playing russian roulette (If you end up vs a good premade or with low ranks in team you’re already screwed) but leaving gives you a loss anyway + you left them 4vs5 that is bad, no matter what…so just stay fight and die for sparta

Laugh at this everytime when you look at the difference from pve guys (Yeah blacksmiths, tailors and so on xD) with pvp folks..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Come to WvW where none of these problems exist.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in PvP

Axis.1085

Its interesting that non of you is getting the point. There is a gameplay funcion that doesnt work well and needs to be adressed. The answer “play it in a different way” doesnt solve the problem and from the customer point of wiew its not valid.

As I see it now ArenaNet doesnt do anything about it becouse:

1. they dont think the problem is serious
2. they are afraid that if they impement some kind of punishment it will have a negative effect on playerbase

I think:
1. The problem is serious. How can you have a competitive gameplay and not control the variables? For solo players its a major problem. And dont come here and tell me again to play it in a different way. Then its not solo play.
2. Dont think it will affect the playerbase in a negative way. Its somthing people where asking for a long time.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

No thx…I would rather play windows pinball than zerg vs zerg vs doors crap…at least pinball requires skills xD

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

No game has ever done anything about leavers, with few exceptions, that punished the player that left with a couple of minutes of penalty to join. And that’s all you can do…

Leavers are an ever-existing problem of all online games, so you better get used to it.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

No game has ever done anything about leavers, with few exceptions, that punished the player that left with a couple of minutes of penalty to join. And that’s all you can do…

Leavers are an ever-existing problem of all online games, so you better get used to it.

Gw1 did.

in PvP

samo.1054

GW1 did exactly what I mentioned in my reply… As far as I can remember you got a short penatly.

in PvP

Posted by: oRbb.5042

oRbb.5042

There are so many ways to punish leavers. But I really want Arenanet to decide what will happen to them.

As long as something comes really soon and fast. Anything that works against them. Please…

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Gawh punish people who pve and don’t play wvw because being outmanned shouldn’t exist! I’m tired of unfair matchups as in being on SoR boarderland and SoR has a zerg and its just me and 2 random people.

in PvP

Posted by: erk.6712

erk.6712

this is 100% needed.

how about a debuff to decrease movement/dmg + 10 stacks of VULN for 2 hrs in PVP and PVE AND wvw!

ok that might be a little drastic, but when I que for a match where the end results essentially hurts my leader board position because some jamoke went afk after queing for a tourny there needs to be some type of punishment!

in PvP

Axis.1085

just want to bump this

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

We hear you guys loud and clear! We definitely plan on mitigating the leaver issue with a form of punishment. I wont give details about what the punishment will be, but it should be enough to deter this form of behavior. Anything we add will be in addition to what happens now (loss and rating hit).

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

samo.1054

We hear you guys loud and clear! We definitely plan on mitigating the leaver issue with a form of punishment. I wont give details about what the punishment will be, but it should be enough to deter this form of behavior. Anything we add will be in addition to what happens now (loss and rating hit).

Players that leave should be forced to finish 3 tournaments playing Warrior only!!!

The punishment build is as follows:

Weapon sets: Sword+Sword, Mace+Warhorn
Utility skills: BANNERS!
Healing skill: Heal signet
Elite: Rampage

Traits… Uh, I don’t know, but you definitely need Death From Above!

in PvP

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

Will players be punished if their game crashes? If my game crashes i’m going to want to try to get back in game as soon as possible to help me team, not be forced to wait 30 minutes or an hour before im allowed to play again.

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Players that leave should be forced to finish 3 tournaments playing Warrior only!!!

Wow man really?. Why does it always have to be the W knowing they’re first to go especially using those skills. Might as well force them to play regen bunker build then. I’m pretty sure they can tank a 5 signet warrior.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: EvisceratriX.1750

EvisceratriX.1750

but what about people with bad connection? I mean I have 2mbps connection and get disconnected sometime, sometime I can get back and win the match, sometimes I just lost and worst case scenario, cannot get back on the game.

as far as I know i’ve been winning tournaments and still I lose rank, is it because of the disconnection on mid match?

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!
http://twitch.tv/evisceratrixtv

in PvP

Posted by: kaplis.7195

kaplis.7195

but what about people with bad connection? I mean I have 2mbps connection and get disconnected sometime, sometime I can get back and win the match, sometimes I just lost and worst case scenario, cannot get back on the game.

as far as I know i’ve been winning tournaments and still I lose rank, is it because of the disconnection on mid match?

The dumb thing is that even if you DC at the last moment from a won match the system counts it as a lose.
And LOL that Anet can’t give any details about ANYTHING…..
#soon

in PvP

Azreell.1568

So instead of addressing the match making system problems – you expect people to sit on a scenario and get farmed with little to no nope of winning.

Premade’s vs new players does nothing but turn any games PvP into a barren playerless area whose complaint soon becomes que times.

I’ve seen it happen countless times with band aid fixes like these.

If the match making system was better I would agree with this , but in it’s current form be very careful with what all of you people are asking for – because every action has an equal but perhaps opposite reaction.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I hope this system also tracks AFKer’s because a punishment system could just mean that people wait out the match at spawn rather than leave the server so you have the same net effect (your side is down a player) but they avoid the punishment.

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

And how will it ‘punish’ people who get DCed and try to come back? I DCed from a match once came back just after it had ended and received a chest for winning however got to take a lovely hit to my ranking and a loss… Thanks for that…

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Azreell.1568

You folks are asking for a band aid fix for a gaping wound.

I don’t know how much clearer I can be.

The first thing you should ask yourself is why are people leaving?

Most players will not leave a match due to a reasonable loss.

Many players will leave a match when they solo q’d and are getting rolfstomped by a premade.

So let’s fast forward a bit to your proposed changes. Well use wow for example – you leave a match and you get a 30 minute debuff before you can enter another match.

BRAVO – all you guys got what you wanted.

Now – here’s the by-product. Less people will que for matches. New players will not want the hassle of getting farmed by pre-mades and on top of that a pentalty if they leave because it’s neither enjoyable or a learning experience for them.

The real debate should be about how to address the horrible problems with the match making system which would solve a good portion of this issue.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Many players will leave a match when they solo q’d and are getting rolfstomped by a premade.

So let’s fast forward a bit to your proposed changes. Well use wow for example – you leave a match and you get a 30 minute debuff before you can enter another match.

Now – here’s the by-product. Less people will que for matches. New players will not want the hassle of getting farmed by pre-mades and on top of that a pentalty if they leave because it’s neither enjoyable or a learning experience for them.

The real debate should be about how to address the horrible problems with the match making system which would solve a good portion of this issue.

And you know they are prioritizing this over matchmaking how exactly?

You cannot throw every possible developer body at a single issue and make it come to completion any faster… It doesnt work that way in the software world (I know, I work in this world).

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Death from Above is good though.

in PvP

Azreell.1568

You cannot throw every possible developer body at a single issue and make it come to completion any faster… It doesnt work that way in the software world (I know, I work in this world).

I am not the one asking for a fix which will stagnate pvp ques and matches.

I am also not the one asking for the band aid fix which will reduce the amount of new players getting interest in pvp.

What i am saying is leave it alone until at which time Anet fixes the match making system. At that time then this viewpoint holds some value – until then it will bring nothing positive to the game.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

I am also not the one asking for the band aid fix which will reduce the amount of new players getting interest in pvp.

What i am saying is leave it alone until at which time Anet fixes the match making system. At that time then this viewpoint holds some value – until then it will bring nothing positive to the game.

Again, what have they at all said that implies this is going in before matchmaking? Stop making unfound assumptions.

in PvP

Azreell.1568

Again, what have they at all said that implies this is going in before matchmaking? Stop making unfound assumptions.

When have they said it wasn’t.

Pot meet kettle.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Very true, for all we know, the punishment system is on hold until the matchmaking system is improved. No point in assuming the worst Azreel.

in PvP

Azreell.1568

Very true, for all we know, the punishment system is on hold until the matchmaking system is improved. No point in assuming the worst Azreel.

While I would love to agree.

Anet- As history has proven takes the path of least resistance when it comes to adjustments.

I base my theory on that.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Pot meet kettle.

Wait wait wait… so because they havent said something wasnt true that automatically makes the assumption that it is?

So purple flying monkeys exist because you cant prove they dont? Thats what you are saying here.

in PvP

Azreell.1568

Pot meet kettle.

Wait wait wait… so because they havent said something wasnt true that automatically makes the assumption that it is?

So purple flying monkeys exist because you cant prove they dont? Thats what you are saying here.

What I am using to formulate my opinion is Anets past patch performance and habits.

Once again I am giving my opinion on what they will do – the only one making assumptions is you.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Balance the professions and FIX the matchmaking system!
There! problem solved!

you WILL need new devs for that though, the ones you have clearly can’t handle it…

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

zone ur vids are cool .. but why do u have to post em all the time lol

and lol at that “we hear you loud and clear”

and to the topic … if u dc/leave b4 the match end u should get a penalty like not being able to get into a tournament for 30mins or something like that. Yes is not fair that if u dc at the end and when u reconnect is over and u loose ranking and u get a debuff but well its better than punish all the people even if doesnt look fair rather not punish any1 at all.

in PvP

Azreell.1568

zone ur vids are cool .. but why do u have to post em all the time lol

and lol at that “we hear you loud and clear”

and to the topic … if u dc/leave b4 the match end u should get a penalty like not being able to get into a tournament for 30mins or something like that. Yes is not fair that if u dc at the end and when u reconnect is over and u loose ranking and u get a debuff but well its better than punish all the people even if doesnt look fair rather not punish any1 at all.

Are you trying to get less people to que on purpose?

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

well i havent been playing for a while so i dont know how the q’s are right now so if they were bad as b4 they should leave everything as it is then lol

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

All I got is one question.
If you swap professions during tournament play, does that count as leaving?

Just wondering because I see some high ranks do this to counter whatever the opposition is running. Also see people that play there main then switch to different profession when they got dominate lead because they want progression towards champ title.

I’m also thinking about doing this with my main, but will not do it if it counts as a loss everytime I switch out my toons.

However I think it should count as a loss, because people shouldn’t be doing that. Kinda defeats the purpose being a CHAMPION <insert profession> if you really didn’t play 150 full games on a certain profession.

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Sounds like a fun build to troll around hotjoins, might actually try it when I’m bored.
That or Engi with Mortar.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Improving matchmaking is always a nice change, but I don’t believe it is the cure for leavers and rage quitters. Matchmaking system, even in its finest edition, does not take into consideration an important factor – human behaviour.

I’ve seen people rage quitting when they realized they were facing a premade (even though the premade lost that match to 4 people). I’ve seen people rage quitting because they died in the opening mid point fight (even though this fight was won by their team). I’ve seen 3 people not even joining the match, so it was 2v5 from the beginning. I’ve seen people rage quitting after they caused a team argument.

I’ve seen lots of hotjoin heroes attempting tPvP. Judging by ranks, the matchmaking did fine, yet their hotjoin manners caused their team to loose the match and made someone rage quit.

tl;dr There must be a penalty for rage quitting, unsportsmanlike behaviour and simple kittenbagery have to be discouraged. Hopefully this system will see less of use with different queues for solo and premades and tweaked matchmaking, but it needs to be here, period.

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

With all due respect, I will say once more the same things I have said when I first played Guild Wars 2;

If soloque (allowing it to be played with as a duo) is “fixed”;

1.Separating solo-duo quers from premades – 3 players together and above.
2.Restarting rating after one is being done.
3.Have one leaderboard for solo-duo quers and one for teams.

Then I would agree with introducing punishments.

in PvP

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

WvW isn’t Pvp.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I didn’t see it mentioned yet, but if they are at all intelligent, they will simply re-implement the exact same mechanic as in gw1.

Basically, it boiled down to:

• You could leave a match early 1 time every hour without penalty. (like if you dc or you rage)
  • the 2nd time in 1 hour gave you a 10 minute ban from all pvp missions. Logging out did not make it go away, you have to wait in-game for 10 minutes.

more info: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dishonorable

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

I didn’t see it mentioned yet, but if they are at all intelligent, they will simply re-implement the exact same mechanic as in gw1.

• You could leave a match early 1 time every hour without penalty. (like if you dc or you rage)
  • the 2nd time in 1 hour gave you a 10 minute ban from all pvp missions. Logging out did not make it go away, you have to wait in-game for 10 minutes.

Explain to me how introducing punishment measures before fixing this broken record called solo que experience actually helps the game.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Explain to me how introducing punishment measures before fixing this broken record called solo que experience actually helps the game.

the game is trash man, adding punishment to leavers will make it slightly less trash. if you want to rebel against the trash pvp that puts you against premades then just do the smart thing (like me) and play a diff game.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

WvW isn’t Pvp.

More likely Zvd…Zergs vs Doors

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

If a penalty for leaving tournys is going to be implemented can we have some restrictions of people who enter tournys? Like a level requirement or maybe a tutorial explaining this is a tournament what you do and how teamwork is important! I run tournys a lot solo and with a team when some are on but they are not always on and i like the fact that i can leave a tourny when i find out my team is full of hot join kittenes who dont grasp that tournys require strategy not running around going for kills.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

There shouldn’t be a premade leaderboard because there aren’t enough premades around. You’d probably only see 100 active premades, and thing is people switch out the players as well. Like Player X knows people that play on Team X Y Z and gets offered to those teams whenever opening, he plays on 3 different teams, which leads to inaccurate ranking.

If you have premade leaderboards, what if one guy quits and your at the top? Oh I guess you have to start from the ground again because you have a different premade. Also what if your premade completely changes due to you staying and people leaving and you got new people now? What you want to consider 20 people in a premade?

How it should be is solo que leaderboards, and grouped leaderboards, grouped leaderboards being as in your rating when you group with others. If your higher in group leaderboards than all the people you group with, then it tells you your the strongest link in your group of people you play with, it actually tells you something unlike just judging it as a premade.

The only thing that would be confusing is people who play with 2-4 people and if it was me I’d consider them in the grouped leaderboards because they are grouped nonetheless. If they would be considered solo que then there would be a flaw in the solo que leaderboards by people playing with teams of 4 easily getting to the top of the solo que leaderboards.

I have no issues playing solo que with people in already made group of 2-4 people, but when the matchmaking puts a group of 2 people and another group of 3 people on the same team vs a full solo que, that really kitten es me off.

Also when the solo que puts 3+ of the same professions on one team and the other team is balanced.

The solo que needs to stop premaking groups, instead it needs to gather a pool of people, once it has enough solo que’ers and people who group 2-4 people, it should make the correct matches, as in BALANCING out professions, BALANCE out by ranks ( I don’t care if all the rank 10s have higher rating than rank 30s, I still want that balance between ranks) and BALANCING out the people who are grouped already. This system right now will que you up with 3+ same profession and wont change the people around to make it even. Same goes with the ranks, you could have 2 rank 1s on your team (I wouldn’t mind playing with rank 1 but the other team must have someone of similar rank as well and rank 13 isn’t considered similar to rank 1, something similar to rank 1 is somebody rank 1-9).

The most annoying window I see in pvp isn’t really the wait window, its the “hey somebody quit your solo que team that’s been pending for 10 mins, would you like to continue or leave?”
That right there tells me the game isn’t balanced, because who knows I could’ve been pending with a full thief team, the matchmaking isn’t properly addressing profession balance.

The current solo que doesn’t do anything about balance in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Forced to play only warrior in SPVP for an hour!

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Yeah!!! Cut their hands and send them to their mothers!!!

And don’t forget AFKers!!!

Now seriously:
- Suspend their accounts and ban them on repeated infractions!
- Add a specific report section to the dropdown menu: “AFK during tournament”.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.