Do you want something like "Huttball" in GW2?

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

As awful as “that other game” is/was… I think a lot of people will agree that Huttball was a LOT of fun. I remember logging in just to play Huttball for hours on end.

My question is simple. Do you think that this would be a game mode you could enjoy in GW2? If so why? Why not?

-
http://strawpoll.me/4117400/
-
For all who are curious about what Huttball is, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wmUx10I18I

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Yeah Huttball was a lot of fun. The other non-conquest mode was fun too, although I don’t remember what it was called.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

no. i did not like huttball. i’d rather do some simple deathmatch, random arenas

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

It was fun but tough to balance, probably be even worse in GW2 because you have more build freedom.

I think everyone would build tanky/cc/mobility, and rely on the environment for kills. Basically skyhammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenye.2390

Aenye.2390

as much as i loved it, there are too much options to throw people down in gw2
but style of ingame commentary could be adapted, was so awesome; also unbeatable/invicible/immortal announcements if hj would ever get to be fixed (so zerg snowball boys don’t get too happy with their achievements) that said – fix hj, it’s not practice, you can’t practice there

Powerpuff Alex
Yeah I don’t really play the game any longer – whaddya think I am doing on forums?

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Good points. I could be a nightmare to balance for sure. We wouldn’t want a skyhammer 2.0.

in PvP

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

No Huttball its full of exploits!

in PvP

Posted by: Ruby.7960

Ruby.7960

I loved Huttball! That being said, a lot of what made it fun was the verticality with platforms above and below you. A lot of classes could leap or pull opponents, so the ball could ping pong around like crazy. I don’t think GW2 could easily recreate that, but environmental hazards could still be fun. Overall, I don’t know if the classes are currently balanced in a way that would make capture the flag fun.

If Anet can think of a creative and enjoyable way to implement it, though, I would be all for it!

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Gw2 has too much mobility differences to work unfortunately. And if you prevent all bonus movement it’s just less fun. The game isn’t balanced for it unfortunately, not even close. That said Huttball was the best thing ever.

Still want 2v2 and 3v3.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Interestingly enough, I was discussing some of the Swtor PvP gamemodes with someone and brought a few things up similar.

Huttball though, I would prefer to not see, even in Swtor it is heavily in favor of movement buffs/leaps and CC knockback/pulls….it would be even WORSE here

But something like Novare Coast would be interesting, conquest with a 2 cap requirement to gain points.

Or spice up the entire aesthetic of Conquest making it more akin to Civil War. Where you owning cap points has a visible queue on your progress of the match other than the score numbers (pew pew l4z0rz)

Voidstar, a simple 2-round attack defense on a timer, would cause some hectic battles, but may favor “defense” classes like Cancer Turret Engi a little too much.

And Hypergate is a cross between team deathmatch and capture points.

and the Arena battle mode is basically exactly the same as Random/Team Arenas from Guild Wars 1 (which was fun) 4v4 TDM.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

no. i did not like huttball. i’d rather do some simple deathmatch, random arenas

Silence worm, your misplaced bravado and honour will not hold against….what was it called again?

Bleh…think it should be renamed if applied to gw2.

P.S. RA in gw2 = uber bad idea, since it’s always horrible to be at the mercy of RNG in terms of what team member you maybe will get.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Huttball was the best pvp fun i ever had and I’ve been gaming online since 1997.
Man that was a lot of fun…

Note: The guild I’m in today, Velocity, I met most of them in huttball matches and later on we teamed up.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

speedball please, not huttball

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

You mean the same players that can’t handle an orb and a cannon will now be exited about a ball….

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I think most people handle the orb fine. It’s the conquest part of spirit watch that they don’t get, and how the two interact.

It also wouldn’t need to be Huttball exactly, but something like that would be really fun. I know people have made their own versions of Asura-polo where they all run around on hammer guardians and knock an asura around to score points.

Something different and creative like that would be awesome.

in PvP

Posted by: fernandinajazz.4068

fernandinajazz.4068

Looks like Keg Brawl to me just with normal skills/utils instead of Keg Brawl skills.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Keg_Brawl

Jazzy Turrets [SoF] – Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Silence worm, your misplaced bravado and honour will not hold against….what was it called again?

Bleh…think it should be renamed if applied to gw2.

P.S. RA in gw2 = uber bad idea, since it’s always horrible to be at the mercy of RNG in terms of what team member you maybe will get.

dunno mate. i had ton of fun in gw1 RA, prob spent thousands hour there. beauty of it wus if u had a bad rng team, it was over in about 3 mins, and after 30 sec queue u got to go again. when u had a good team, u could play 25 games in a row as a team? maybe 10, i don’t recall exactly, but to each their own. i realy liked it

in PvP

Posted by: necrofail.7439

necrofail.7439

Not sure what huttball is but I remember someone making an asura ball game with Cleric guards.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

You mean the same players that can’t handle an orb and a cannon will now be exited about a ball….

YES one that you can actually PASS to other team mates or enemies if you miss!

Looks like Keg Brawl to me just with normal skills/utils instead of Keg Brawl skills.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Keg_Brawl

This but with deadly traps spread around

Not sure what huttball is but I remember someone making an asura ball game with Cleric guards.

that was an asura pinball :P