Double golem health please

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Or Triple it. Honestly dropping too fast, there was some niche gimmick stuff I wanted to check but feasibly can’t because they’re dead too quickly.
Don’t want to have to pull out a calculator instead just not as interesting.
Would use the class dummies but they’re impractical, and sometimes you just want to whack on the stuff. Heaven forbid if you wanted to use vulnerability with a friend.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

nice point.. they could add Alpha Siege Golem to the mists maybe?

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

just some immortal dummy would be fine. maybe with their armor/hp statistics written somewhere near to do some math while theorycrafting.

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Would something like the Lion’s Arch target dummies fill your needs?

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Ive often though this, testing conditions over time is hard because the dummies die fast…whereas a player would heal, have protection, etc etc. I dont know what the lions arch dummies are like but that sounds like a good idea if its simply infinite life dummies.

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Ive often though this, testing conditions over time is hard because the dummies die fast…whereas a player would heal, have protection, etc etc. I dont know what the lions arch dummies are like but that sounds like a good idea if its simply infinite life dummies.

Yup, they never die.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Yup, they never die.

Don’t they have lots of armor? I remember hitting them for very little. This will make testing with steady weapons even harder :/

in PvP

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

As long as you change them so that they can be crit. That would be fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Maylojager.1307

Maylojager.1307

Dummies in LA are not in the mists, you can’t just swap runes/weapons free of charge to test some stuff. Some players don’t even have max level pve character

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

It would be a quick fix ( so long as crits and the like work)
but better Golems would be appreciated, since the moving golem has it’s relevancy as well.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: FupaVirus.1502

FupaVirus.1502

I would rather doubling, or tripling, the health instead of making it infinite. Without a DPS meter, it’s easier to get a good read on your damage if your actually killing a target.

in PvP

Posted by: RandomHominid.3456

RandomHominid.3456

LA dummies are objects and not regular targets, so they don’t take conditions and can’t be crit, making them useless for much testing.

I’d also love for some very high-HP golems in the mists lobby, maybe a few sets of high-HP heavy/medium/light ones.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

I really like the target dummies that WoW has in major cities. You know can’t kill them but they work with DPS meters. I always thought that was neat.

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

So a Mega Dummy with 10x hp would be better?

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Have you guys ever considered allowing for user based UI modifications? I’d love to take a whack at it.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Please add “Mega Dummy” as a title under its name if you do add it.

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

In gw1 there was a master of damage, he was (pretty much) invulnerable but he’d tell you what your damage and damage per second was against a light armor target.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Master_of_Damage

edit: He was really good for measuring team spikes and combos.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

(edited by mbh.8301)

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Why not just call it a “Evan’s Mega Dummy”?

Leman

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

That has a nice ring to it.

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Evan, a solution would be like the gw1 test dummy in the Temple of Balthazar. A team could practice a spike on him, then it would spit out total damage, and your dps level, and it was a good way for teams to practice their coordination on killing things. I am sure more information on this guy can be found on gw1 wiki.

The “dummy” never died, but was interactive in a sense.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

wow I really want this in gw2

“The Master of Damage is a Zaishen master, who players can test their abilities against. He informs players on various statistics about their damage. He does not attack, but instead says every five seconds the average damage you do per second to him. Damage against the two Adjacent targets that are next to him is not counted.

After you use the /bow emote, stop dealing damage or dealing damage to him for 3 minutes, he will tell you:
Total damage.
Total time.
Average damage per second.
Highest damage during a second and what second the damage was done.
Shortest time it took to kill him.

The damage total includes life stealing and health degeneration but does not include the 20% health reduction from Deep Wound."

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Yeah that is the guy. It has been a while since I visited the Balthazar spot.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Evan, a solution would be like the gw1 test dummy in the Temple of Balthazar. A team could practice a spike on him, then it would spit out total damage, and your dps level, and it was a good way for teams to practice their coordination on killing things. I am sure more information on this guy can be found on gw1 wiki.

This!

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

Master of damage was his name.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Caino.7130

Caino.7130

+1 for Evan’s Mega Dummy

rank 500+ Piken / Rank 60 PvP
Warrior – Teined
Guardian – Nomoreroomformyname

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I really missed a Master of damage in the mists too.
I’ve tested so many builds at that guy in gw1..
I’d love to see him in gw2.
The only problem would be that in gw1 it was an instanced zone and in gw2 it aint :p

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

The only problem would be that in gw1 it was an instanced zone and in gw2 it aint :p

Then put in 15 masters of damage in the heart of the mists.
Problem solved.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Maylojager.1307

Maylojager.1307

Just Evan Lesh and Jonathan Sharp photos (could be a cube npc with your photos on the surface area) with hp.

in PvP

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaase add this!

in PvP

Posted by: Moghwar.8706

Moghwar.8706

Yup, they never die.

They die. It’s not possible killing it solo, but if you go there with like ~15 ppl, it looses health faster than it can regenerate. We tried it some friday night during WvW reset.

Anyway. Good idea, adding sth with more hp there would be nice.

[dw] Guardian | Raidlead

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Having a few dummies in the mist that do this would be amazing! I don’t care about having DPS meters that you can take with you into dungeons or inside tournies, but having one that you can use in the mist to test, in real time, the changes that you made to your build and how they affect your damage would be awesome. Why this game doesn’t have it, or even worse, why some players don’t want it is beyond me.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Wow that master of damage should be in both PvP AND PvE

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

I’d definitely prefer to have the Master’s back, tbh that whole zone would be great to see return. But if it’s going to take long triple golem health in the meantime so they can be of greater use while that’s getting coded.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

Just steal the Master of Damage from GW1. Heard somrthing that sounds like “put things from gw1 you liked into this game” well master of dmg was awesome, spcially to test team-speccs

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

If you add the possibility of taking critical hits to the LA dummies (i dont know why they dont atm) then they would do fine.

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

If you add the possibility of taking critical hits to the LA dummies (i dont know why they dont atm) then they would do fine.

The dummies in LA are probably like turrets and walls in that they can’t be crit have have conditions.

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

As someone who tests a lot, these would be awesome:

1) The return of the master of damage. Calculates how much DPS you do. Calculates how much you do until you kneel.
2) A dummy with range rings around it (300, 600, 900, 1200, 1500) Good for learning the ranges.
3) A dummy that you cannot critical against – So you can figure out the worst case for your weapon
4) Steady rifles that have the damage as the average of the max damage weapon. The damage is really low and it’s not good for testing the average efficiency of a build.
5) Master of Bunking A golem designed to stay alive and keep you out of a point.
6) Master of Spiking A golem designed to kill you super fast.
7) Health of the golem in the name of the golem. It’d be really nice to have 3 or 4 golems with 14k, 17k, 20k, 23k and 25k health.

There’s a type of player sometimes called the “Scientist”. I love being that kinda player, but there’s not a lot of good stuff for that right now.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

As someone who tests a lot, these would be awesome:

1) The return of the master of damage. Calculates how much DPS you do. Calculates how much you do until you kneel.
2) A dummy with range rings around it (300, 600, 900, 1200, 1500) Good for learning the ranges.
3) A dummy that you cannot critical against – So you can figure out the worst case for your weapon
4) Steady rifles that have the damage as the average of the max damage weapon. The damage is really low and it’s not good for testing the average efficiency of a build.
5) Master of Bunking A golem designed to stay alive and keep you out of a point.
6) Master of Spiking A golem designed to kill you super fast.
7) Health of the golem in the name of the golem. It’d be really nice to have 3 or 4 golems with 14k, 17k, 20k, 23k and 25k health.

There’s a type of player sometimes called the “Scientist”. I love being that kinda player, but there’s not a lot of good stuff for that right now.

would be wonderful.
edit: problem is, while gw1 was “instantiated”(right word?), so every player went to test master of damage he was alone, here in the mists there should be tons of those masters..