Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Chill of Death weeeeeeeeeee

Bullet Punch

Downstate is the place where necro should be

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

So is everyone going to start crying about down state necros until we get nerfed back into oblivion? Or are we going to accept that necro was supposed to have these traits working in downed like most or the other classes traits work in downed state.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I’m sorry but no class should be able to kill another player with full health while downstate.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I’m sorry but no class should be able to kill another player with full health while downstate.

Bads will be bads. It’s a downed state.

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Range the necro.

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Ummmm Mesmers can already do that and have been able to do that for a LONG time. Other classes have “Escapes” to give their team time to rez them or make them think they are somewhere else. Warriors can get up, kill you, spike you and have a chance at life again. Ranger doesn’t need to kill you in down state, he just gets back up and kills you. Why are people making a big deal out of something that should have worked day 1. Only class that every trait became null when you went down; even your minions disappeared (rangers don’t). Every class has its advantages in down state, some do more damage, some do more CC etc.

Also, the player in the video is TRAITED for downstate to make it seem more dramatic. No one traits for downstate…

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I tend to agree with this. On one hand its nice that Necro is actually maybe decent for now, but it is stupid that we are in such a bad place that Necro is actually better off in the downed state than just playing normally.

My expectation is they give it the old Lich treatment, so that Chill of Death isn’t getting the 50% damage boost. If we’re going to be strong, let’s be legitimately strong, not strong because our downed state is crazy strong.

Also, the player in the video is TRAITED for downstate to make it seem more dramatic. No one traits for downstate…

You only need 1 trait to make our downed state insanely strong, and it isn’t like you are replacing anything all that important.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

Oh, oh, let me begin to tell you what some classes shouldnt do to us necros.

It is down right unfair how every class has a way to migtate damage and escape focus fire yet, necro has to literally walk away from CC only to eat more immobilizes and damage, I also shouldnt be the first target in EVERY game because everyone knows I cant escape anyway, I also should not have to give up all of my utility (as if we have that) just to help myself because every theif, warrior, guardian, ranger, or elementalist desecrate me by just hovering their mouse cursor over my character.

And now we are finally down to the last straw where we are only as effective as a class in down state and here you are whining about us? Educate yourself before you come on the forums to whine. We are kitten already outside of downstate.

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Absolutely new meta. Get yourself to downed state, teammates don’t let you die off and prevent stomps, downed Necro wins the teamfight.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

GhOst.4019

I tend to agree with this. On one hand its nice that Necro is actually maybe decent for now, but it is stupid that we are in such a bad place that Necro is actually better off in the downed state than just playing normally.

My expectation is they give it the old Lich treatment, so that Chill of Death isn’t getting the 50% damage boost. If we’re going to be strong, let’s be legitimately strong, not strong because our downed state is crazy strong.

You only need 1 trait to make our downed state insanely strong, and it isn’t like you are replacing anything all that important.

Not important? Just because it isn’t a grandmaster trait, doesn’t make it not important. That trait is VERY important. There are other classes with OP downstate traits too. You know why you don’t notice….because NO ONE traits for downstate in any build… If they did, and posted a video of them killing someone, or rezzing back up and killing someone. Would you say the same thing about that class? Only reason this is getting any hype is because Anet finally fixed things that were broke since day 1. I have seen many mesmers 1 shot….yes 1 shot other zerkers with their clones + illu zerker when they go downstate. Havn’t really seen anyone complain about that over the past 2 years..

Besides.. This video looks staged as hell, or just a really bad guardian or just one who was messing around. He could have negated all that damage, healed, blocked, blinded, stability, protection etc etc; and he wouldn’t have died….

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If you watch the video, he did have Protection (and three other boons) before Chill of Death procced.

And the “not important” refers to the fact that you can change which Spite Adept you have without much effect on the build’s effectiveness.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

This is a fix, basically necro power is designed to have a crazy downed state.

Yeah and i agree, probably not the best design on the earth, but it’s a component you need to consider now when there is a necro power downed and you are closed to 50% life = fight is not over.

So if you are closed to 50% life and you don’t want to risk to be bi-shotted from Chill of death, don’t stomp the necro if stomp isn’t very safe (go out LoS in case).

Probably weakness would be useful too.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Remember, reflection skills works on 1# necro

None of the downed skills are projectiles, so no they don’t.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Finally Anet buffed the weapon set on which power necromancers, just like rangers, spend most of their time: the downstate. Now the power necro on my team will at last be somewhat useful in a team fight, if I’m careful not to rez him entirely.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Ok, so I guess I’ve been playing scepter elementalist wrong all this time. I don’t know about necros, but warrior skills 1 and 2 are, thief skill 1 is, and engineer skill 2 is I believe.

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Ok, so I guess I’ve been playing scepter elementalist wrong all this time. I don’t know about necros, but warrior skills 1 and 2 are, thief skill 1 is, and engineer skill 2 is I believe.

He means necro.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Right, my bad, i remember wrong

in PvP

GhOst.4019

If you watch the video, he did have Protection (and three other boons) before Chill of Death procced.

And the “not important” refers to the fact that you can change which Spite Adept you have without much effect on the build’s effectiveness.

Ya, he did..he is a Guardian, master of boons and could have reapplied….He also could have used his heal or his 2nd or 3rd meditation to heal himself. He could even have used his elite + more virtues. No one in reality is going to try to stomp someone with that low of health with all that available to them still.

Also if you really think that changing a trait willy nilly to anything you want and it having not much affect on you…I got nothing more to say. If you want to trait for downstate, then go ahead. Just remember you will be doing less damage while you are still alive and useful.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

That Guardian is pretty noob not to use block or blind f1 when he tries to stomp lol

in PvP

Posted by: rEaPeX.8415

rEaPeX.8415

and you also seem to forget that this is a dps guard, probably using zerker amulet….

R E A P E X – Necromancer – EU

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Ya, he did..he is a Guardian, master of boons and could have reapplied….He also could have used his heal or his 2nd or 3rd meditation to heal himself. He could even have used his elite + more virtues. No one in reality is going to try to stomp someone with that low of health with all that available to them still.

With what time? It was less than a quarter of a second between the Chill of Death proc and the Guardian going down. He basically went from 66% health to downed in less time than it takes for the average human to react.

Also if you really think that changing a trait willy nilly to anything you want and it having not much affect on you…I got nothing more to say. If you want to trait for downstate, then go ahead. Just remember you will be doing less damage while you are still alive and useful.

There are only three traits in that slot a Power necro would consider: Reaper’s Might, Spiteful Spirit, and (now) Death’s Embrace. Power necros don’t use signets, Focus recharge is unimportant (they only use the skills situationally), and condition clear on kill is close to worthless.

Of the three that do get used, none of them are essential for any build. Even Life Blast focused builds don’t necessarily take Reaper’s Might, as the Retaliation does better at dissuading focus fire. As such, traiting for downed damage is just a preference and really doesn’t have much effect on a build.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Aomine.5012

and you also seem to forget that this is a dps guard, probably using zerker amulet….

AND this dps guardian is the biggest abuser of blind and block just so you know…
I can stomp anyone easily no problem when I use a zerk guardian. In fact I only have interest in playing zerk type of Guardian now. I can’t stand playing boring bunker.

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

The f….

Can someone break this down for me? Is this extra damage while downed + chill of death?

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

If the guardian was not running full zerker he wouldn’t die so fast. Necro downed state working as intended. The only broken thing is the passive trait chill of death. It has the same problem as Incendiary Powder, completely passive and takes 0 skill.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

(edited by xDudisx.5914)

in PvP

GhOst.4019

With what time? It was less than a quarter of a second between the Chill of Death proc and the Guardian going down. He basically went from 66% health to downed in less time than it takes for the average human to react.

Ok, I guess I will make 1 last post. What time? How about the 5 seconds before that, that he could have healed at anytime. 66% to dead in under a quarter second? You do realize that CoD can’t go off until he is at least 50% health right? It proced around 40%. You want to tell me he 1 shot him from 66% to 40% with his channel spell? Check the vid again. Also read how your skills work bud. If you still think that having no might (in any build) is ok, then knock yourself out. No one is stopping you from doing 25% less damage than everyone else playing the class; just so you can do more damage while you are in downstate. Just go into a 1v1 normal build. Look at all the might you have (lotz) and then realize how much extra damage that is giving you from condi’s or power (w/e spec u r) in all your aoes etc; then kiss it all goodbye with a change of a trait. Grats you just F’ed your team just so you can be downstate cool. Who needs 25 stacks of might when I can do 50% more in downstate anyway?

At least these guys understand. The guardian either doesn’t know what he is doing, or didn’t care.

That Guardian is pretty noob not to use block or blind f1 when he tries to stomp lol

If the guardian was not running full zerker he wouldn’t die so fast. Necro downed state working as intended

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

GhOst.4019

The f….

Can someone break this down for me? Is this extra damage while downed + chill of death?

Yes. Traited for downstate + CoD proccing off all his boonz. The Well was the finishing touch and could have also been dodged (big animation).

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: jim.5380

jim.5380

forsaker u had a good trainer on downstating xD

Jim Battlemaster

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Ok, I guess I will make 1 last post. What time? How about the 5 seconds before that, that he could have healed at anytime. 66% to dead in under a quarter second? You do realize that CoD can’t go off until he is at least 50% health right? It proced around 40%. You want to tell me he 1 shot him from 66% to 40% with his channel spell? Check the vid again. Also read how your skills work bud. If you still think that having no might (in any build) is ok, then knock yourself out. No one is stopping you from doing 25% less damage than everyone else playing the class; just so you can do more damage while you are in downstate. Just go into a 1v1 normal build. Look at all the might you have (lotz) and then realize how much extra damage that is giving you from condi’s or power (w/e spec u r) in all your aoes etc; then kiss it all goodbye with a change of a trait. Grats you just F’ed your team just so you can be downstate cool. Who needs 25 stacks of might when I can do 50% more in downstate anyway?

Nobody, and I mean nobody reaches 25 Might with Life Blast in PvP. You are forced out of death shroud before then. On average, you reach like 6, which is 180 Power and Condition damage. Really not that big an impact as that takes ~7-8 seconds to reach while doing nothing else but Life Blast. This is ~8% increase in damage for a standard power necro build. 8% damage that takes significant time to build up is not that impactful on how a fight goes, so yes. Reaper’s Might is easily traded away.

As for “what time,” here’s a thought exercise for you: How much health do you feel comfortable stomping at? Most will do it all the way down to ~35% health, feeling pretty confident. When the Guardian started the stomp, he was ~65% health. When he dropped below 50% health, he figured it was quite reasonable to continue with the stomp because he really was not in that bad of shape.

Then Chill of Death procced, critting on a 3 boon strip with Close to Death and Death’s Embrace amplifying it. After that it was less than a quarter second before he was downed himself. He didn’t heal because there wasn’t an apparent reason to do so until he had no time to react.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I thought the guard played pretty well, he used his focus block when the necro went to deathshroud to block the burst or cc, looks like he used his conditions-to-boons meditation when he got loaded up with conditions, (he may have used some other meditations in there as well I can’t tell) put the aoe sceptre skill on the necro after it went down, dodged the fear on downstate, and came in for the stomp.

I don’t really see what else he could have done, he made all the right moves but ended up going from full health to dead while the necro was downed.

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

The f….

The trait gives +50% damage while downed. This not only increases the damage of your 1 skill (which ticks 20 times in 6.25s, so more than 3x per second), but increases any damage you deal, including Chill of Death proc, wells that were already placed before you kicked the bucket, and maybe sigils though I haven’t checked that out yet.

Basically, remember old Lich form, and how it was crazy strong because it would super-charge Chill of Death? Well now downed state can do the same thing.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

To be fair (and maybe a little biased) but, frankly… At least we have a reason to use such an otherwise stupid trait lol. :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Aomine.5012

The f….

The trait gives +50% damage while downed. This not only increases the damage of your 1 skill (which ticks 20 times in 6.25s, so more than 3x per second), but increases any damage you deal, including Chill of Death proc, wells that were already placed before you kicked the bucket, and maybe sigils though I haven’t checked that out yet.

Basically, remember old Lich form, and how it was crazy strong because it would super-charge Chill of Death? Well now downed state can do the same thing.

I think this provide necro’s strategic of being in down state to dps the foe.
It’s a pretty fun but risky tactic, so it should be reserved.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Will be interesting how radioactive do in the next few tourneys assuming they are still around.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

The f….

Yeah I mean, what about that whole “risk versus reward” stuff? This is SUPER risk v reward to the max! Fighting on the brink of death, and it fits nothing better than necro!

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Will be interesting how radioactive do in the next few tourneys assuming they are still around.

wouldn’t want to be anywhere near 2 necros that are in constant down state, they gonna melt kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

The f….

Yeah I mean, what about that whole “risk versus reward” stuff? This is SUPER risk v reward to the max! Fighting on the brink of death, and it fits nothing better than necro!

Not sure if Sarcasm or Trolling, even with the smiley at the end, so I’m just gonna call it TrollCasm.

Edit: nm,

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

The f….

Not sure if Sarcasm or Trolling, even with the smiley at the end, so I’m just gonna call it TrollCasm.

Edit: nm,

All of the above yet serious until they fix actual necro problems. :P

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Well necromancers are supposed to be the masters and manipulators of death, they just failed to mention it would be our own death xD

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Necros were intended to be this way, because the only changes that happened this patch were 16 Necro traits being fixed. No buffs, no additions, just bug fixes. That is all.

The only players that have difficulty vs a downed Necro are players using berserker or celestial amulet, i.e. builds that are not defensive oriented. It only makes sense that these offensive-oriented classes should struggle more than a defensive-oriented build to finish off a downed Necro.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well if my human female necro tell me “I’d like to spend more time on my back please” I… well… cant say no to that.

in PvP

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

I heard the necro was originally supposed to be a pain to deal with from downed state anyway, so it’s fine with me. You just have to use your brain and melt the downed necro with ranged attacks or stomp him without going below 50%.

As a medi guard you just have to understand that the necro will wreck you, if you go below 50%, because of the Spinal Shivers proc.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

in PvP

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

I thought the guard played pretty well, he used his focus block when the necro went to deathshroud to block the burst or cc, looks like he used his conditions-to-boons meditation when he got loaded up with conditions, (he may have used some other meditations in there as well I can’t tell) put the aoe sceptre skill on the necro after it went down, dodged the fear on downstate, and came in for the stomp.

I don’t really see what else he could have done, he made all the right moves but ended up going from full health to dead while the necro was downed.

The big mistake was made when the thief left without securing a stomp on a power necro. Necro’s downed state can only interrupt one person, so two people stomping will always get the necro out of there.

What the guard could’ve done:

The guard could’ve melted the necro from range with his scepter, but the necro may have been ressed if that had happened.

He could also have used a blind or a block to avoid the necro fear instead of wasting time with the dodge and allowing the necro an access to his downstate well.

In the case that a downed necro has his downstate well up, you just have to defend against the well until it goes away, because that thing ticks for like 2-3 k each time it pulses. It’s impossible to stomp inside the well as a berserker.

You can’t take any chances against a power necro as a berserker medi guard, because it’s one of the only specs that can insta burst you down without even allowing you to use meditations or Renewed Focus to bail yourself out.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

why not?

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Hahaha! That’s like the dang practice NPC Necro.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

I heard the necro was originally supposed to be a pain to deal with from downed state anyway, so it’s fine with me. You just have to use your brain and melt the downed necro with ranged attacks or stomp him without going below 50%.

The original Necromancer downed state was Death Shroud, and a much stronger version of it, so yeah.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

cool
i hate spinal shivers

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Mallyx revenant is immune to necromancer down state. Nothing to see here.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Necro is all close to death.. Does crazy damage. Seems legit. =P

And uh, not for nothing but Mesmers downstate (Thief phantasm) definitely take people out (not like THAT, of course)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

lol i got there thinking he needed help and he already soloed that guard

Nec downstate is definately the way to go….and sure it’s op since we won while 4v5 since start

roflmao /sarcasm #esports

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)