Dueling is fun

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

I would like to point out how fun and harmless dueling could be.
If you do not wish to duel you simply cancel the request.

I do not understand the hate towards giving us the option to duel, I could imagine us dueling to pass time while we are waiting for events or other important time based things.

The game would never be centered around 1v1 duels, currently we have to go to obisidian santum arena to duel people which consists of a /bow before hand to start the duel.

It would cut out the middle man and the annoyance of having to predict a duel scenario like that if we had the option to simply request a duel

In notes:

Dueling is harmless
We are already dueling
Implementing duel options will keep us occupied

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Azure Moonfire.7493

Azure Moonfire.7493

There’s hate towards dueling? I didn’t realize. I would think everyone would like to have the feature, and I agree that it is sorely lacking from the GW2 experience.

We do have custom arenas of course, but annoyingly, you have to pay for those. I support the inclusion of a free, spontaneous friendly dueling system in PvE.

For those who don’t like the idea for whatever reason, there could be a toggleable setting in the options menu to opt out of all duels, so that you wouldn’t need to hit “decline” all the time, and people couldn’t challenge you in the first place.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: TKIB.9061

TKIB.9061

if you are already dueling what the point?

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Zardul.3952

It would be nice to duel my friends whilst I am waiting for my party to get ready before we do fractals or wvw

They could even put the option on the gemstore I would buy them!!!!

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Glad to inform you Arenanet has said that they want to implement it, but it doesn’t have an high priority.

Now for all the people that don’t like dueling and will make mental gymnastyc exercises to tell you why it’s not a feature to be added to GW2.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Azure Moonfire.7493

if you are already dueling what the point?

Like the OP said, we have to go to a specific place, Obsidian Sanctum JP in WvW, and go to this one arena area, hope we aren’t ganked by trolls and that there’s actually other people there, and then hope that they are also there to duel and understand what it means when you “/bow” to them.

Oh, and you can only duel people from one of the two servers currently battling yours. That means if a friend you’ve always wanted to have a duel with is on the same server as you, you will never get to do that. A friendly, request-based duel system usable anywhere would solve those issues.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Azure Moonfire.7493

Glad to inform you Arenanet has said that they want to implement it, but it doesn’t have an high priority.

Oh? This is good news. Do you happen to have a link to a press release or anything? I’d love to read ANet’s views on this.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Zardul.3952

It would be beneficial to test builds against other builds and gears .

Instead of ruining a whole world boss event or fractal run. Testing my build against a friendly player will give me a little insight as to what damage and defence I have

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Oh? This is good news. Do you happen to have a link to a press release or anything? I’d love to read ANet’s views on this.

Unfortunately not, it was a long time ago (more than 6 months) and I forgot the exact source. Nothing too official though.

It was a question asked to Colin Johanson (I think) in an interview that you can find somewhere on Youtube, and it was answered quickly with “We want to add dueling, but it’s not a priority”.

Hopefully someone else has better memory

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

another thread? #smh

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Zardul.3952

Threads don’t go noticed unless you pepper the forums with the issue you want solving.

There has been no response from anet yet so more threads like this will be created until a yes or no answer has been given.

That’s how it works unfortunately

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Justin ODell

Server Programmer

’Simplest answer I can give is that it just isn’t as high a priority as other things we have been working on.

Why do you feel custom arenas do not work for those that want to duel?’

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I think what you’ll find from the “no dueling” crowd isn’t so much that they are against dueling as much as they are against OPEN WORLD dueling. I personally fall in that crowd, as I have found open world dueling tends to encourage some annoying behaviors that I’d rather not have to deal with and runs contrary to the cooperative nature that the open world in GW2 is designed to encourage.

Now a dueling arena in a controlled environment in capitol cities or a rebuilt Lion’s Arch where players could spectate in real time? I’d be down for that.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

I think what you’ll find from the “no dueling” crowd isn’t so much that they are against dueling as much as they are against OPEN WORLD dueling. I personally fall in that crowd, as I have found open world dueling tends to encourage some annoying behaviors that I’d rather not have to deal with and runs contrary to the cooperative nature that the open world in GW2 is designed to encourage.

Now a dueling arena in a controlled environment in capitol cities or a rebuilt Lion’s Arch where players could spectate in real time? I’d be down for that.

WoW has open dueling and they’ve had it for years. I can count the times on one hand where someone tried to duel me and couldn’t take no for an answer. /ignore fixed that. Then they added an option which allows you to auto-decline all duels and that was that.

People who want to duel in the open world usually end up congregating in a couple of areas anyway. If that’s what annoys you, then too bad. They have the right to be there as well.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Dueling isn’t fun. Dueling is annoying. It’s particularly annoying in a game that was never meant to be balanced for 1v1. Guild Wars 2 was balanced around 5v5.

So dueling would just open up large numbers of people complaining about how unbalanced the game is.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Dark Catalyst.1028

Dueling isn’t fun. Dueling is annoying. It’s particularly annoying in a game that was never meant to be balanced for 1v1. Guild Wars 2 was balanced around 5v5.

So dueling would just open up large numbers of people complaining about how unbalanced the game is.

We already know it’s unbalanced.

Don’t like dueling? Then don’t duel.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Dueling in specific dueling-appropriate places…yay!

Dueling in the Open World….absolutely not!

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jon_Peters
;)

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Same here. Also in the past, some people have made it clear that they want to see open-world duelling as a starting point to getting open-world PvP/GvG.

Give me an option to block all duel requests (including a deny and block option for persistent offenders) and they can do as they want.

Personally, I’d rather see public duelling arenas with the option to place bets on either dueller.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Nage.1520

We already know it’s unbalanced.

Don’t like dueling? Then don’t duel.

That’s exactly what I do. I don’t duel. And neither does anyone else.

However, attracting people who love dueling and stuff like open world PvP is precisely the sort of thing that makes the atmosphere so toxic on other games.

The features in this game in PvE were designed to be cooperative. That’s the design sensibility of the game. I’m pretty sure if this was some major priority we’d have seen it already.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

chemiclord.3978

WoW has open dueling and they’ve had it for years. I can count the times on one hand where someone tried to duel me and couldn’t take no for an answer. /ignore fixed that. Then they added an option which allows you to auto-decline all duels and that was that.

People who want to duel in the open world usually end up congregating in a couple of areas anyway. If that’s what annoys you, then too bad. They have the right to be there as well.

And WoW has some of the most obnoxious and toxic twits hanging outside Goldshire that I have ever seen.

You want open world dueling, too bad. You’re not getting it any time soon, if at all.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Dark Catalyst.1028

And WoW has some of the most obnoxious and toxic twits hanging outside Goldshire that I have ever seen.

You want open world dueling, too bad. You’re not getting it any time soon, if at all.

Oh, Goldshire does? I wouldn’t know it because I was given the tools to completely avoid it while letting others play how they want.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

You can setup your own PvP arena for Dueling – Invite the person, DONE.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

chemiclord.3978

People want open world dueling so that they can be irritants. They want to be able to harass others and flex their kittens. They want to roll flavor of the month dueling builds, play their scissors and specifically hunt down their paper to cut, then crow about how awesome they are.

Otherwise, they’d be fine with specific arenas where they could easily find other people like them. But that would mean they’d actually have to fight other people who are built for dueling… and well, they can’t have THAT.

That Goldshire example I mentioned earlier? There’s a reason that dueling crowd hangs out in a low-level zone, and it’s not because it’s easy to find others duelists. It’s so that they can harass “easy marks”, low level players who are either new to the game or new to a certain class and might not know everything about it.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Dark Catalyst.1028

People want open world dueling so that they can be irritants. They want to be able to harass others and flex their kittens. They want to roll flavor of the month dueling builds, play their scissors and specifically hunt down their paper to cut, then crow about how awesome they are.

Otherwise, they’d be fine with specific arenas where they could easily find other people like them. But that would mean they’d actually have to fight other people who are built for dueling… and well, they can’t have THAT.

That Goldshire example I mentioned earlier? There’s a reason that dueling crowd hangs out in a low-level zone, and it’s not because it’s easy to find others duelists. It’s so that they can harass “easy marks”, low level players who are either new to the game or new to a certain class and might not know everything about it.

Straight up untrue. Sorry you had a bad experience that one time.

People hang out there because it’s right outside a major city.

Anyway, I suggest you stop worrying about how other play and whether or not they choose to duel. It’s really none of your business.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

chemiclord.3978

Anyway, I suggest you stop worrying about how other play and whether or not they choose to duel. It’s really none of your business.

Straight up true. There would be plenty of other places to go, yet the “dueling crowd” happens to choose the one convergence point for new players. Uh huh. Same thing happened Horde side at Razor Hill (which was halfway across Durotar from Orgrimmar).

Pull the other one.

And it is my business when people want to change the way that the game currently plays, a way that I happen to like. I don’t want open world dueling, and I will say so whenever the topic comes up. Deal with it.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: DDCarvalho.2071

DDCarvalho.2071

I don’t know what are the developers reasons for not implement dueling, but there are probably some. Like:
- Ability for a third party to “tamper” with the duel by giving boons to one of the parties, or kiting a mob against the other party.
- They could avoid the 1st scenario by locking both characters from receiving boons that are not from “self”, but it can be complicated depending of how the game is coded.
- To avoid the 2nd scenario (mob kiting) they could make a “closed zone” that stops people or mobs that getting into the “duel arena”, but this “closed zone” could be used to tamper with events and making them much easier or impossible to complete.

One way to solve both problems is to include a little Duel arena in most maps so people can use it without tampering, but this option would create its own problems.
- Many people want to duel in Queensdale! So one duel arena is not enough. How many then?
-Where will we put the duel arena in map X? Where does it make sense, lore-wise?

So, with each problem, we get closer to the current solution, which is: small battles in PvP and large battles in Obsidian Sanctum.
- Hey, another idea! When people choose to duel, they are transported to a PvP mini-map instance for dueling that is quite like a Jubilee arena. Other people can right click the duelers and be transported as expectators.

I think that if people come up with a solution that solves arising problems in an elegant way, it makes it easier to the devs to implement it.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Nage.1520

It’s my business if it affects me, and it affected me. I don’t really care if I can block people in chat or not. It’s obnoxious to have some teenage cretin badmouthing me in local chat because I refuse to duel him. It’s not why I play games. And yes, I did block him, but I still find it obnoxious.

This is the kind of player that dueling invites to the community. It ruins the community not just for me, but for the dozens of others who feel like I do. This isn’t something we made up inconvenience people. We feel this way due to our experience with players like that. Same with open world PvP.

Sure, I can ignore them. But they don’t make the game more fun for me, and they DO affect some people a lot more than they affect me. I’d probably rather have the affected people to play with than the griefers.

So I say no to dueling.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

chemiclord.3978

I don’t know what are the developers reasons for not implement dueling, but there are probably some. Like:
- Ability for a third party to “tamper” with the duel by giving boons to one of the parties, or kiting a mob against the other party.
- They could avoid the 1st scenario by locking both characters from receiving boons that are not from “self”, but it can be complicated depending of how the game is coded.
- To avoid the 2nd scenario (mob kiting) they could make a “closed zone” that stops people or mobs that getting into the “duel arena”, but this “closed zone” could be used to tamper with events and making them much easier or impossible to complete.

One way to solve both problems is to include a little Duel arena in most maps so people can use it without tampering, but this option would create its own problems.
- Many people want to duel in Queensdale! So one duel arena is not enough. How many then?
-Where will we put the duel arena in map X? Where does it make sense, lore-wise?

So, with each problem, we get closer to the current solution, which is: small battles in PvP and large battles in Obsidian Sanctum.
- Hey, another idea! When people choose to duel, they are transported to a PvP mini-map instance for dueling that is quite like a Jubilee arena. Other people can right click the duelers and be transported as expectators.

I think that if people come up with a solution that solves arising problems in an elegant way, it makes it easier to the devs to implement it.

As I’ve said before, I would have no problem with specifically designed dueling arenas. I wouldn’t even have a problem with such arenas in the open world. I just really don’t like the idea of free-for-all open world dueling because I’ve seen the sort of behavior it causes, and they aren’t positive experiences. Considering the entire design point of GW2’s open world is supposed to be cooperation, open world dueling runs contrary to that.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Nage.1520

As I’ve said before, I would have no problem with specifically designed dueling arenas. I wouldn’t even have a problem with such arenas in the open world. I just really don’t like the idea of free-for-all open world dueling because I’ve seen the sort of behavior it causes, and they aren’t positive experiences. Considering the entire design point of GW2’s open world is supposed to be cooperation, open world dueling runs contrary to that.

I agree with this completely.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

Was wondering how come this week a dueling thread didn’t pop up. Tomorrow’s Monday so I guess it’s, give us/ mounts are awesome day. Tuesday will be selling dungeon isn’t good qq. Wednesday it’s we want capes day (which I’d love to have but sadly it won’t happen). Thursday is the holy trinity is awesome thread. And from Friday onward when the kids stop going to school is yet again dueling and mounts thread.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Fasalina.6571

Also my idea on duels!! The person that wants to invite someone to a duel has to pay 500 gems or the corresponding gold per invite.
AWSOME gold sink considering it’s a fluff feature!

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: TamTiTam.9574

TamTiTam.9574

Otherwise, they’d be fine with specific arenas where they could easily find other people like them.

Nonsense. People want open world dueling :
…because it would KILL the boredom of waiting for your Group / Event / WorldBoss!
…because they want to play casually against friends
…because they would find tons of new friends.
…because it would be fun to watch other player duel
…because you could use the environment (Roofs, Bridges, etc.)
…because you could try out your equipment

People will not leave the open wold while waiting for an event / world Boss.
PvP Arenas are not as casual as duels. It’s always the same environment…

If you don`t like open world duels, why bother?
As long as you can refuse duels by default… Kittens will be Kittens, there are enough possibilities for that already. Just /ignore.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Dueling anywhere in the game would be a great addition for the reasons listed by TamTiTam.

The only prerequisite needed would to have a ’Duel Requests On/Off" button, which was automatically set to off for brand new players.

Ranger//Necro

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Fasalina.6571

Kudos to the moderator that moved dueling into the Structured PvP subforum. Dueling is PvP and as such should be and stay in the PvP section of the forums and the game.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

There’s hate towards dueling? I didn’t realize. I would think everyone would like to have the feature, and I agree that it is sorely lacking from the GW2 experience.

We do have custom arenas of course, but annoyingly, you have to pay for those. I support the inclusion of a free, spontaneous friendly dueling system in PvE.

For those who don’t like the idea for whatever reason, there could be a toggleable setting in the options menu to opt out of all duels, so that you wouldn’t need to hit “decline” all the time, and people couldn’t challenge you in the first place.

Suggest this in GW2discussion forum.

They will whine to no end about how they think dueling is toxic.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I have nothing against dueling, but only if the challenging option was OFF by default. I’m rather sick of games that have such unrestricted and all I get is duel requests while I’m trying to do pve or character maintenance.

That way, only dueler’s will enable such an option and no one else will be inconvenienced. Trying to take it a step further would only have someone file a harassment report.

Granted as mentioned above, its likely not a top priority at all since WvW and PvP kinda already supply for any dueling needs.

Duty is heavier than death.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Dyrus.6507

Dyrus.6507

i think duelling in open world is indeed toxic.

what i would surgest is that we get a pve/wvw duellin arena in that you can invite
someone.

i like duelling but i dont like it in pvp because the numbers and builds and
the space you have are different in pvp.
in pve/wvw i have more room for my play and the damage numbers are different.

thats why i would like to see pve/wvw duelling arenas in that you have a lot of space
and your pve/wvw equip.

just for example:

in the charr main city there is a big arena, if we could go there and sign up for a duell and then duell there that would be great.

there are a lot of other places where this could be implemented, so there will always be “different” arenas, some with some high and low parts, some with obstractions, some without . and you could watch the duell from above the arena and cheer for the duells.

you could even do duell turnaments, 8 players sign up and the best gets a little price .

(edited by Dyrus.6507)

Dueling is fun

in PvP

runeblade.7514

what i would surgest is that we get a pve/wvw duellin arena in that you can invite
someone.

thats why i would like to see pve/wvw duelling arenas in that you have a lot of space
and your pve/wvw equip.

just for example:

in the charr main city there is a big arena, if we could go there and sign up for a duell and then duell there that would be great.

there are a lot of other places where this could be implemented, so there will always be “different” arenas, some with some high and low parts, some with obstractions, some without . and you could watch the duell from above the arena and cheer for the duells.

you could even do duell turnaments, 8 players sign up and the best gets a little price .

Or there can be open world dueling instead and everyone moves on.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Cynic.4805

Cynic.4805

Heh.. after reading through all the dueling threads it would appear that the toxic ones are the people AGAINST dueling. How ironic that they argue with such negativity that anyone who likes it is an kitten

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Dyrus.6507

Dyrus.6507

someone.

and your pve/wvw equip.

just for example:

i think duelling in open world is bad for tha game atmosphere.

if you always see people fighting you dont feel the big band anymore that connects
us all, we all fight against something and if we fight against each other we loose
the feeling of building an alliance and community.

if the duells are in a place where noone execpt the players who want to fight
or who want to watch someone duelling can see it its good for everyone.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Dark Catalyst.1028

How is it bad? The only “arguments” I’ve seen so far amount to

1. It might annoy me
2. Vague handwaving about how it might be “bad” for the game while conveniently ignoring the fact that every addition to the game might bring in some perceived negatives. Like supposed “elitists” with fractals, easier dungeon kicking and selling with LFG, and griefers/spies with WvW. Not a valid reason to not add something to the game.

If they implement it correctly, it won’t even affect you, but you have to be willing to use the tools they provide. Duelers usually congregate in a couple of areas, with few duels happening elsewhere in the open world. If it offends you so much, don’t go to that one area.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Nage.1520

Dueling anywhere in the game would be a great addition for the reasons listed by TamTiTam.

The only prerequisite needed would to have a ’Duel Requests On/Off" button, which was automatically set to off for brand new players.

Two people dueling near an event would scale up the event even if they weren’t participating. That means less people doing a harder event, because two people choose to dual there.

That’s not acceptable. The areas in which you duel should not have events for this reason.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Nage.1520

1. It might annoy me
2. Vague handwaving about how it might be “bad” for the game while conveniently ignoring the fact that every addition to the game might bring in some perceived negatives. Like supposed “elitists” with fractals, easier dungeon kicking and selling with LFG, and griefers/spies with WvW. Not a valid reason to not add something to the game.

If they implement it correctly, it won’t even affect you, but you have to be willing to use the tools they provide. Duelers usually congregate in a couple of areas, with few duels happening elsewhere in the open world. If it offends you so much, don’t go to that one area.

Dueling will scale up events, even though the people dueling don’t participate in the event. The game was NOT designed for it.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Dark Catalyst.1028

1. It might annoy me

Dueling will scale up events, even though the people dueling don’t participate in the event. The game was NOT designed for it.

Don’t worry. Very few if any duelers are going to duel far from major population centers. The precious champ train won’t be impacted.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

runeblade.7514

someone.

and your pve/wvw equip.

just for example:

i think duelling in open world is bad for tha game atmosphere.

if you always see people fighting you dont feel the big band anymore that connects
us all, we all fight against something and if we fight against each other we loose
the feeling of building an alliance and community.

if the duells are in a place where noone execpt the players who want to fight
or who want to watch someone duelling can see it its good for everyone.

There is already dueling in the PvE world. It just so happens that they are NPC. So should ANet remove these skillpoint NPC to satisfy your atmosphere problem? Or can you stop complaining using ridiculous stuff to stop a great feature?.

I don’t want to see people with Scarlet wings. They should be somewhere I don’t have to see. They ruin the atmosphere.

1. It might annoy me

Wrong. Participation scale up events, Duelers need to do some damage to mobs to scale up the event. But let say that you are right, It won’t be any different than AFKers or people that passes by.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Top 5 reasons to not implement duelling:

1. It creates toxic players. This is a big deal, because we currently have no toxic players whatsoever. Especially not speedrun elitists who bash you gor not doing what they want. The worst is that you can easily ignore elitists who spam your chat, but you can NOT simply ignore someone asking you for a duel.
  2. It removes the close bond I have with strangers. Due to this game’s deep storyline and immersion, I feel a close bond with pretty much everyonr. When they start fighting, it removes this sense and ruins my own play experience. It is completely unrealistic to do friendly sparring, just how it is the best form of martial arts practice in real life. In thr current age, and even as far back as the stone age. Practice should not be allowed, especially because it prepares young heroes to become better in combat and kill evil, without risk of dying.
  3. I don’t understand how people can possibly have different intereste than me. Duelling should not e implemented because it’s boring.
  4. It makes us realise how unbalanced this game is. We definitely did not know this before.
  5. It will upscqle events. Duellers like standing near events, because there’s a chance a random mob hits them and cancels the duel. It is also vonpletely different from AFKers just standing in events.
New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

runeblade.7514

Top 5 reasons to not implement duelling:

1. It creates toxic players. This is a big deal, because we currently have no toxic players whatsoever. Especially not speedrun elitists who bash you gor not doing what they want. The worst is that you can easily ignore elitists who spam your chat, but you can NOT simply ignore someone asking you for a duel.
  2. It removes the close bond I have with strangers. Due to this game’s deep storyline and immersion, I feel a close bond with pretty much everyonr. When they start fighting, it removes this sense and ruins my own play experience. It is completely unrealistic to do friendly sparring, just how it is the best form of martial arts practice in real life. In thr current age, and even as far back as the stone age. Practice should not be allowed, especially because it prepares young heroes to become better in combat and kill evil, without risk of dying.
  3. I don’t understand how people can possibly have different intereste than me. Duelling should not e implemented because it’s boring.
  4. It makes us realise how unbalanced this game is. We definitely did not know this before.
  5. It will upscqle events. Duellers like standing near events, because there’s a chance a random mob hits them and cancels the duel. It is also vonpletely different from AFKers just standing in events.

This sounded so common, it took me a while to figure this is satire.

Dueling is fun

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

6.) I’d love to have open world duelling, but I realize that the dev times are limited, and therefore I’d pref them to develope new game modes, a new ladder system and more customize able options in the custom arena.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend