Dungeon modes again?

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

hey i like this new reward system – looks rly cool

but have 1 question

i have to do ALL dungeon modes again? cause i made them all on 1 char and rly dont wanna do them again^^

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

You will need to run the dungeons in story mode AFTER the update to permanently unlock the tracks.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Romek.4201

ooooooh man^^

and can i unlock all in first week or only when this special dungeon track is for 2 weeks active?

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Story mode is peasy, kinda wished it was retroactive based on your dungeon achievements (it can tell if you have run story right?!)

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

You can unlock all if you play story mode.

Or you can progress it every time it comes back on the biweekly schedule.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

You will need to run the dungeons in story mode AFTER the update to permanently unlock the tracks.

I already have Dungeon Master, why force me to play the long story modes again?

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

butch.8136

^ They don’t force you.

Just wait till the reward track you want comes up.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Jinx.7258

Jinx.7258

Why would I run them again when I’ve already done them on at least 1 character + several additional alts for specific dungeons. Story modes rewards are beyond terrible and after a point players will have trouble finding others to do them as they are not the main paths that are being done regularly.

You are wasting our time for lvl 70 gold mask

#VoTF4Life

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Please no.

Why doesn’t it count if you did this already once?
Why do you force pvp players into PvE?

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

That’s okay, I like story mode.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Im glad I dont really need any dungeon armors because having to rerun them again just isnt happening.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Previous

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

Next

Sorry we weren’t super clear on how this whole thing works so let me try and clear it up here!

The dungeon tracks are on a 2 week rotations and only 1 will be active if you don’t unlock them. When a track you were currently progress

So when the 4/15 build hits you will need to complete the story mode of the corresponding dungeon reward track you wish to unlock permanently on your account. By completing the story mode on any character you will be able to run the repeatable dungeon reward track whenever you so please forever.

Even if you have run the dungeon in the past you will need to run it again after 4/15 to unlock the reward track. The reason for this is to put both PvE and PvP players on the same level once the 4/15 build hits. So PvP only players wouldn’t be the only people that need to run the dungeons on 4/15.

You can unlock the dungeons at anytime AFTER 4/15 regardless of where it is in dungeon track rotation. So on 4/15 if you complete the story mode of all the dungeons you will have all 8 repeatable dungeon rewards tracks available to you day one.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

The reason for this is to put both PvE and PvP players on the same level once the 4/15 build hits. So PvP only players wouldn’t be the only people that need to run the dungeons on 4/15.

But PvP only players are still the ones who have to level & gear a char up to the required level for the story modes.

(edited by EverythingEnds.4261)

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

butch.8136

^or every 2 weeks a dungeon reward track becomes available and you progress it in that time-span.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Sorry we weren’t super clear on how this whole thing works so let me try and clear it up here!

The dungeon tracks are on a 2 week rotations and only 1 will be active if you don’t unlock them. When a track you were currently progress

So when the 4/15 build hits you will need to complete the story mode of the corresponding dungeon reward track you wish to unlock permanently on your account. By completing the story mode on any character you will be able to run the repeatable dungeon reward track whenever you so please forever.

Even if you have run the dungeon in the past you will need to run it again after 4/15 to unlock the reward track. The reason for this is to put both PvE and PvP players on the same level once the 4/15 build hits. So PvP only players wouldn’t be the only people that need to run the dungeons on 4/15.

You can unlock the dungeons at anytime AFTER 4/15 regardless of where it is in dungeon track rotation. So on 4/15 if you complete the story mode of all the dungeons you will have all 8 repeatable dungeon rewards tracks available to you day one.

yeah and pvp only players magically teleport to the spawn-point before a dungeon to enter it?

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

That is terrible. I dont want to run those story modes again. They take forever and terrible rewards.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

That is terrible. I dont want to run those story modes again. They take forever and terrible rewards.

As I understand, you only need to do them if you want to unlock the reward chain permanently- And the main reason you’d want to do that would be to get several successive boxes of the same set of armor. I can think of a very narrow set of circumstances in which you’d lose out, here; you want to get a dungeon set, don’t want to do the relevant dungeon, and haven’t already gotten the stuff unlocked in PvP.

It does kinda suck that it won’t tell that you’ve done them based on achievements, though. They knocked down fractal levels for a reason- 30-50 is different from the old fractal levelling. There’s no new actual content in story modes.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Hugh, but if i unlock all story mode dng can i get progression on all dng bars at the same time or i can activate only 1 at time and doing my progression only in one?

I don’t know if i was clear enough lol.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Previous

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

Hugh, but if i unlock all story mode dng can i get progression on all dng bars at the same time or i can activate only 1 at time and doing my progression only in one?

I don’t know if i was clear enough lol.

I believe what you are asking is if you can progress all the reward tracks at the same time. You will only ever be able to progrekitteneward track at a time ever, but by unlocking the dungeon reward tracks you will have access to all the dungeon rewards on your account.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

MarkPhilips.5169

k, got it.

Thx.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

just do the active track of the week then or wait til the one you want is active? that’s what I am doing. if you already pvp that much you already have all the armor or you bought the ones you wanted with glory. same for weapons.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I was ok but not happy about this when I thought that I would have to run the few story modes I hadn’t done. Now I have to redo them all. There is next to no rewards doing a story mode a 2nd time. They are longer than paths (generally). They usually have a lot of players that don’t have a clue what they are doing using them as sort of “intro” dungeons. Why you hurt me like this? I thought we was friends

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

I was ok but not happy about this when I thought that I would have to run the few story modes I hadn’t done. Now I have to redo them all. There is next to no rewards doing a story mode a 2nd time. They are longer than paths (generally). They usually have a lot of players that don’t have a clue what they are doing using them as sort of “intro” dungeons. Why you hurt me like this? I thought we was friends

QQ. You don’t have to run the story mode again at all if you don’t want to.

[OP] Optimise

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Im a main pvper, but ive done all the dungeon storys at the begining of my gw2 career.

I was totaly against it, thinking if its clear to see from achievements, why the hell do i need to do it again?

Now that you said it, most PvP guys dont and it would be a 99% unfair start for PvEers. Fully support it and great thinking of whoever thought this through.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Aberrant.6749

QQ. You don’t have to run the story mode again at all if you don’t want to.

Yea instead of wasting my time with not getting the rewards that I want in PvE I can limit the choice of rewards I can get in PvP.

Some people only play PvP… they won’t have the PvE gear. They’ll need people to carry them through.

All of this is full of win -.-

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Romek.4201

more questions i have^^

1. will there be an “universal” track too? I mean something like giving only craftingmats, obsishards and so on – NO ARMORS

cause someday everyone has all dungeon armors and dont wanna farm them again

2. I dont heared anything in stream or read in blogpost about KARMA – will there be no karma in pvp as a reward? (maby Karma potions or something)

3. My english is not so good but in stream it sounded like when we have this armor we can get it as a skin to sell it – so we can sell than the dungeon armors we don´t need in Tradepost? I bet i understand this wrong but i have to ask^^

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

more questions i have^^

1. will there be an “universal” track too? I mean something like giving only craftingmats, obsishards and so on – NO ARMORS

2. I dont heared anything in stream or read in blogpost about KARMA – will there be no karma in pvp as a reward? (maby Karma potions or something)

3. My english is not so good but in stream it sounded like when we have this armor we can get it as a skin to sell it – so we can sell than the dungeon armors we don´t need in Tradepost? I bet i understand this wrong but i have to ask^^

The zone tracks will have no dungeon tokens and just loot bags based on the region. (chance of rares/mats)

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

MarkPhilips.5169

more questions i have^^

I agree, it would be interesting other tracks dedicated to other things, for example ingots for legendary or t6 mats stacks like final rewards.

Other question

1- what about t1/t2/t3 cultural tracks? They are in planning? Is it possible to unlock the track?

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: DonRobeez.3560

DonRobeez.3560

Don’t mind the story modes in general.
But Arah… that’s a complete borefest…
Spamming 2 to kill the main GW2 villain.

Infested Kerrigan I [TaG]
Gunnar’s Hold
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GloryKittens

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

Don’t mind the story modes in general.
But Arah… that’s a complete borefest…
Spamming 2 to kill the main GW2 villain.

Agree completely on this one. Shameful and disrespectful for Gw2 fans.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Stonish.7532

Stonish.7532

I just dont get one thing… Why Dungeon Tracks have a PvP prefix in the name? I think I missed sth…

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

PvP players won’t be doing dungeons anyways…

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The first time an account does a dungeon story, they should give 100 of that dungeon’s token, then unlock explorable mode for the account.

That way more people would be into making them story dungeons at least once, and less people would have to worry about remember which characters had each dungeon unlocked.

Many people will go for story to get the PvP track unlocked, but not nearly as many as if there was a decent first time reward.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Domo.1798

Domo.1798

This seems like a really terrible idea. PvP only players don’t want to run dungeons that’s why they’re PvP only. Otherwise we’d call them something like: Players who prefer to PvP but also occasionally branch out and participate in PvE content.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Teulius.8752

Teulius.8752

The reason for this is to put both PvE and PvP players on the same level once the 4/15 build hits. So PvP only players wouldn’t be the only people that need to run the dungeons on 4/15.

Leave us pve players with our advantage. I mean, so what if the pvp players are left alone and forced to run through the story dungeons, do you really think they are not capable of completing story dungeons? Stop dragging other players into doing unnecessary homework. If you leave pve players with this advantage, they will have another reason to go to pvp without making it an additional hassle to go through all the dungeons again.

(edited by Teulius.8752)

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Leave us pve players with our advantage. I mean, so what if the pvp players are left alone and forced to run through the story dungeons, do you really think they are not capable of completing story dungeons? Stop dragging other players into doing unnecessary homework. If you leave pve players with this advantage, they will have another reason to go to pvp without making it an additional hassle to go through all the dungeons again.

I… I can’t believe I just read this.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I am smelling Fractured all over again. Who has the “Never forget” signature?

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is crap, you already record who has done story modes just give them the credit. You guys just do not learn from your mistakes do you.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Nemesis.2019

Nemesis.2019

Anet hasn’t changed, once again PvP screw PvE players, feels like GW1 all over again, it’s not the PvE community’s fault that PvP players never played PvE, they should have venture outside of PvP and see the entire game, only game dev I know that sides with the minority and screws the majority.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Spitu.8657

Spitu.8657

Attachments:

To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands,
but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

He meant “start from the same point”.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

^^ this is again what kind of kittenes me off !
why not simply require either to run the story dungeon if you do not have dungeon master title but…………………

if you do have dungeon master title you do NOT need run the kitten story dungeon to unlock the reward tracks.

This is the kind of thing that gives value to such titles but NOOOOOOOOOO !

go run that kitten again is what you say !!!!!

come on !!!!!!

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Aberrant.6749

PvP players get tons of skins already unlocked. PvE players start from scratch.

To balance this, PvE players should not have to do story modes again to unlock stuffs if they have already done so.

People that did both PvE and PvP get a little bit of each.

Seems far more fair to me.

Tarnished Coast

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

PvP players get tons of skins already unlocked. PvE players start from scratch.

To balance this, PvE players should not have to do story modes again to unlock stuffs if they have already done so.

People that did both PvE and PvP get a little bit of each.

Seems far more fair to me.

And me, anet wheres the fairness in your proposed system?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Piscore.6934

Piscore.6934

Arah Story Mode again… oh my…

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

My excitement for this patch just went from zero to zero….That is all I have to say….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

So will players who have their Dungeon Master titles unlocked need to run all story paths as well?

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Does ANet look down on veteran players?

Why the constant delete/reset/repeat you make us go through?

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Romek.4201

relax guys – dont bring always this toxic talk in all threads itdont make you looking cool its simply annoying

And i like this system + understand why they do this with dungeon modes. So PVP Players can see atleast the Story to all Tracks before just grind it. Its best Way to implement Story in PVP.
Noone force you guyz to do this paths. You can play the free patch per 2 weeks

and ye i have dungeon master too but who cares – on 15th i run 1-2 storys again and be happy bout the new things

seriously guys see the good things in this patch and trie not always to find bad points. Thats so gw2guru

Dungeon modes again?

in PvP

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

Rewards and tracks are only for PvP players or for both PvE and PvP.