ESL Guild Wars 2 Officially Shutdown.

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

in PvP

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Well, at least they can focus more on the game i guess?

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I can’t honestly say I’m sorry to hear it. Hopefully, ANET will make decisions that are unaffected by eSports concerns or eSports players.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I can’t honestly say I’m sorry to hear it. Hopefully, ANET will make decisions that are unaffected by eSports concerns or eSports players.

They never made any decisions based on eSports so idk.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Sad to see this.

in PvP

Posted by: XgamerXgodX.9617

XgamerXgodX.9617

They balanced an MMO on the concept of 5 people holding a node for years.

Knight Dryden (Dragonhunter) – Yu Aredy No (Chronomancer)
[ERP] Gunnar’s Hold
My YouTube Channel

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

You make it seem as if their decisions were driven by a non-existent venue of competition.

Their decisions have been poor and driven by only one thing and that’s lack of resources.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Rip gw2 esports

in PvP

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

If only they listened to thé community This could have been avoided.

-Sâmbuca

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

ded esportz is ded

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

They balanced an MMO on the concept of 5 people holding a node for years.

+1

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Resources wasted on this failed venture.

SBI

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Expected, but sad to see nonetheless.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Finally this stupid glorified marketing gimmick has come to an end. Perhaps now anet will spend the resources on better balance or more fun game modes akin to random arenas from gw1.
They cannot use the excuse of splitting the player base anymore since there is no player base at all at this point for pvp, and they cannot use the excuse of not balancing the game due to some up an comming pro league, so now they can make more than 3 balance patches per year

see no evil ,until i stab you

in PvP

Posted by: Tyrion.9015

Tyrion.9015

You all will be welcomed in gw1’s pvp

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

You honestly believe that?

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Good. Hopefully now they will focus on PvP balance for the average player, instead of ESL level players.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

lol. Happy to see this.
You Break The Balance. The Balance Break You.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Why are any of you happy about this? Basically giving up on competitive pvp… and you are all rejoicing….. sad.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

You are surprised? I’ve seen this coming since November:(

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

in PvP

Posted by: fumbii.3582

fumbii.3582

And still no official statement from Anet. Nice “communication”.

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

Why are any of you happy about this? Basically giving up on competitive pvp… and you are all rejoicing….. sad.

Because all the “bois” wanted gw2 pvp to balance around esl pro leagues not around above average players… also they were forcing it way too bad gw2 is a fun game but its player base is not for esl.

Do u like tabletennis?

- and do you watch competitions on TV?

in PvP

xeonage.1253

We give them so many suggestions , comments , complains …. time by time.
but they Reply us Noting , Change Noting and take per 3 months to keep on their excel sheet working make no meaning modify that I can complete in a hour. lol . kitten that!

Anyways, they choose the right way, a game cannot running like that – DEV no any communication with players. So I am very Happy!

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

xeonage.1253

See the pic.
We need “balance”
We need “population”
We need “number”
We need “new blood”
Then we can see the “good environment”.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Good. Hopefully now they will focus on PvP balance for the average player, instead of ESL level players.

My thoughts, exactly.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

xeonage.1253

Who have MMO + MOBA in the market? GW2! you are the only! But….
Anyways. GW2 go well or not. I don’t care. This game is 4 year old and dying, they are too late and missed many chances.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Because PvP has been balanced around ESL teams for a long time, despite so few people playing at that level. A lot of classes are balanced around having only 1 on the team, some classes are balanced around having ridiculous team support that isn’t guaranteed in regular matches. The maps themselves are designed around teams that can effectively communicate, etc etc etc.

PvP has been bleeding players for a long time now, and its because ANet has tried to turn it into an ESL sport. Hopefully now they will start making PvP better, and in a while it will be in a good enough state that they can go back to ESL

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Should’ve hired balance experts… Or PvP experts

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

XxsdgxX.8109

Because PvP has been balanced around ESL teams for a long time, despite so few people playing at that level. A lot of classes are balanced around having only 1 on the team, some classes are balanced around having ridiculous team support that isn’t guaranteed in regular matches. The maps themselves are designed around teams that can effectively communicate, etc etc etc.

PvP has been bleeding players for a long time now, and its because ANet has tried to turn it into an ESL sport. Hopefully now they will start making PvP better, and in a while it will be in a good enough state that they can go back to ESL

So much this, kitten . So please ANET now it’s a good time to change for the better.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Do you really think, balancing arround people that don’t even understand half of the things they are talking about and that have completely different opinions on what should get changed, often based on anecdotal experiences and lack of knowledge, will somehow improve the game?

We would probably end up without any dmg skills, because apparently everything that can kill other players must be op accoding to someone …

in PvP

XxsdgxX.8109

+1

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I wonder why ESL was running 1v1 and 2v2 “tournament’s” for so long?

Still it’s not a surprise considering all competition left.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I just think that ultimately this is the result of them not making enough money to retain and hire new and competent talent. They have probably switched their priorities to the next expansion and abandoned less successful areas of the game until they can get revenue up.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Anet should have kept team queue and hire a new balance team.

Anyway, this is fully deserved.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

At this point all they can say is “sorry we couldn’t address the issues”.

in PvP

Posted by: Grimheart.2853

Grimheart.2853

What’s wrong with people in this community deliberately demanding developers to listen to players who genuenly have worse mehanical understanding of the game? What kind of logic do you creatures operate on?

in PvP

XxsdgxX.8109

What’s wrong with people in this community deliberately demanding developers to listen to players who genuenly have worse mehanical understanding of the game? What kind of logic do you creatures operate on?

And how narrow-minded can you be?

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: fumbii.3582

fumbii.3582

At this point all they can say is “sorry we couldn’t address the issues”.

Well they had 6 months to say that. Now they will sound like kittens whatever they say I guess saying nothing is the best option.

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I doubt we will get any official comment from Anet on the forums, but I wonder now does this mean they are going to completely ignore PvP now and all its issues, or will they update the game to completely remove PvP from it.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Not surprising at all. The ESL venture started at a poor time in the game’s balance and competitive structure (HoT balance, changes/removal of ranked/team/solo/leaderboards, etc.), and continued throughout it.

Maybe more troubling for me is the absolute lack of direction with the game now. We really don’t get updates anymore of what is being worked on in any areas of the game in the long term. Yes, we get small “living story” patches, “new” competitive seasons with minor adjustments and balances, and rehashed festivals. We are all guessing there is an expansion pack coming, but it has been about 1.5 years since HoT, when will we hear about this? It has been over a year since Colin left, and I know Mike’s policy is not to talk until the product is ready. But how about talking at all? To not lose the interest of your consumers?

And I don’t think the game’s current state is due to lack of market demand for this type of game. But rather due to the continued fumbling on ArenaNet’s part. As much as people laugh about the words “pvp” and “mmorpg” used together, I really think it is in demand, and Gw2 (thanks to the ease of entry/gear availability/etc) should be in the best position to make it work. Very hard to remain optimistic though…

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

It was never competitive to begin with. If you want competitiveness then you playing in a wrong game. Gw is a casual game and these news are the final nail in the coffin.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

Not surprising at all. The ESL venture started at a poor time in the game’s balance and competitive structure (HoT balance, changes/removal of ranked/team/solo/leaderboards, etc.), and continued throughout it.

Maybe more troubling for me is the absolute lack of direction with the game now. We really don’t get updates anymore of what is being worked on in any areas of the game in the long term. Yes, we get small “living story” patches, “new” competitive seasons with minor adjustments and balances, and rehashed festivals. We are all guessing there is an expansion pack coming, but it has been about 1.5 years since HoT, when will we hear about this? It has been over a year since Colin left, and I know Mike’s policy is not to talk until the product is ready. But how about talking at all? To not lose the interest of your consumers?

And I don’t think the game’s current state is due to lack of market demand for this type of game. But rather due to the continued fumbling on ArenaNet’s part. As much as people laugh about the words “pvp” and “mmorpg” used together, I really think it is in demand, and Gw2 (thanks to the ease of entry/gear availability/etc) should be in the best position to make it work. Very hard to remain optimistic though…

I’m interested to see if ESO’s upcoming battleground mode will make it into ESL or if it will have the same balance issues that came to ruin GW2 pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Takashiro.8701

Takashiro.8701

Basically this. I like the idea of not showing something too early and then let people wait for too long, but it’s really about time we get to see something. Just knowing for sure that something big is coming in the following weeks/months would certainly help the overall motivation of the playerbase.

in PvP

Posted by: Eddbopkins.2630

Eddbopkins.2630

i think there was a rule saying there couldnt be any balance updates 2 weeks prior to any tournament. now that esl is done for, im hopeing there will be more balance updates that will keep the community happy and intrigued in the pvp scene. More frequent up dates then once a quarter (3-4month)

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Sad to see… WvW is also in an atrocious state.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

So it’s official – arena.net abandons pro league. Good that this is cleared up.

Unfortunately it also means that pvp community will leave gw 2 permanently. Theory crafting, skill and motivation to push yourself higher – it doesn’t have any sense now. Already Skrims have not real value ( nobody tested last 3 balance updates) and no content for 5 man premade. Knowledge of rotations and motivation of players who will want to play to just be good will decline because there is no endgame in pvp.

Ranked is already bad after this season population mass decline so season 7 will be even worse. What’s left will be population of players farming pve gear…this sound really great…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

i think there was a rule saying there couldnt be any balance updates 2 weeks prior to any tournament. now that esl is done for, im hopeing there will be more balance updates that will keep the community happy and intrigued in the pvp scene. More frequent up dates then once a quarter (3-4month)

You really think, that’s what prevents them from doing more frequent updates when there hasn’t been any tournament for more than half a year?

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)