Eles and mesmers are too strong.

in PvP

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

To hear “mesmer is op” is music to my ears to be honest. It’s not true though.

Mesmers finally being on par has exposed the weakness of some of the other classes that were able to rely on melting an inherently underpowered Mesmer class.

That’s a skill issue the other classes need to cope with.

Mesmer IS op, sounds like you’ve had a “skill issue” for awhile on mesmer, it got buffed to OP monster and you desperately need anet to not nerf it so you can feel like you’re actually good at the game.

Same thing happened with cele, badies were writing forum posts like "hey guys, I went cele engi and I feel like I’m actually good at the game now :P ".

Mesmer IS fine, sounds like you’ve had a “skill issue” for awhile on necro.

Turnabout is fair play. :P

But in all seriousness damage to high for all classes for anyone to offer any detailed constructive criticism on how to appropriately handle any balance issues based on build technique.

Legendary Defender of Casuals

in PvP

Squee Squashington.5189

I haven’t actually found fresh air to be unmanageable. it’s the dagger cele eles that have gotten buffed via burning being OP

Yeh burning needs considerable toning down on ele in particular.

Alright, I’m gonna spoil it then. It’s the burning duration runes and sigil. They increase burning damage by more than 65% (plus more condi power and proc). That’s the secret. The power rune/sigil only increase the damage like 10% (plus more power). Condi build has a big advantage with raw percent increase.

Sigh. Now everyone knows what to run for meta xD.

Nah its not only that at all. That is like when everyone said might was the problem with cele and they nerfed might and it did nothing. Burning itself is too strong and the way elementalist in particular has to apply burning is broken. It has many repetitive burning skills

Because eles have not other condis, the devs should just add torment/confusion/poison to ele class, then it’s balanced to nerf burning ^^

Bleed?

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I haven’t actually found fresh air to be unmanageable. it’s the dagger cele eles that have gotten buffed via burning being OP

Alright, I’m gonna spoil it then. It’s the burning duration runes and sigil. They increase burning damage by more than 65% (plus more condi power and proc). That’s the secret. The power rune/sigil only increase the damage like 10% (plus more power). Condi build has a big advantage with raw percent increase.

Nah its not only that at all. That is like when everyone said might was the problem with cele and they nerfed might and it did nothing. Burning itself is too strong and the way elementalist in particular has to apply burning is broken. It has many repetitive burning skills

Because eles have not other condis, the devs should just add torment/confusion/poison to ele class, then it’s balanced to nerf burning ^^

Bleed?

Bleed is weak now though, especially with the small amounts ele has (autos are useless, churning earth never hit anyone, and everything else applies very little).

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Might nerfs hit Ele hard. It was fading out of meta before this patch arrived. The burning duration is the culprit. It was not a problem when condi couldn’t stack. But now that Condi stack, it’s raw damage multiplier, period.

Lol, feel free to not use burning runes/sigils on Ele. Let the creative people use it, and enjoy your fun time complaining on the forums xD. I already spoiled my meta build for you

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: RockSteady.7123

RockSteady.7123

I really really hope Anet doesn’t listen to all of you complaining about damage being too high.

Celestial builds were too tanky and did so much damage that the old zerk builds couldn’t kill them. In fact, old mesmer would die to any cele build any day of the week unless you played completely flawlessly.

Current zerk amulet is finally high risk high reward. You’re extremely squishy but at least now you know you can take down a full cele or bunker build. The old cele builds should never have killed a zerk mesmer but due to abuses with doom sigil and burning procs it was kitten impossible for mesmers to fit in that meta.

You all wanted the celestial meta to go away. Well here it is right before your very eyes. Anet just laid it all out in front of you and some people still fail to see the obvious or are too frustrated that their celestial builds don’t faceroll mesmers anymore.

I played mesmer a lot during cele meta and it was a real struggle but now I can finally say with supreme confidence that Anet has done the right thing. Mesmers are in a perfect place right now and there may be a few traits that need minor adjusting but it is good to see mesmers being a ferocious presence in the PvP arena once again.

Adapt to mesmers just like how mesmers had to adapt to the cele meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

Ele is fine its just that burning hits for ridicilous amounts and its so easy to stack burn…

in PvP

Squee Squashington.5189

Bleed?

Bleed is weak now though, especially with the small amounts ele has (autos are useless, churning earth never hit anyone, and everything else applies very little).

Autos can maintain 9-10 stacks, and 1k per tick isn’t nothing. Are there improvements that could be made? Sure. But it doesn’t change the fact that burning is out of control.

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

What about engies and guards?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

I really really hope Anet doesn’t listen to all of you complaining about damage being too high

Don’t get me wrong, I love the new damage meta. It’s much more fun than bunkers staying on a point poking each other for 5 minutes.

What I wanted to point out is that for those people complaining about conditions damage (especially burning), the main culprit is they happen to fight people with Burning duration runes/sigils. Burning is not OP. The raw 65+% damage multiplier is OP. If they want to ask for a nerf, ask for a nerf to the runes/sigils.

Personally, I really enjoy this new fast pace meta. Positioning, timing, and dodge the right thing is so rewarding.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Staff ele is fine with the current burning.

d/d ele may be a little OP, Guard is extremely OP with burning.

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Give a higher ICD to the Daze = Stun trait (this lines up too easily with the now improved Mantras) and probably remove the baseline +15% Phant damage (increase the chosen trait to +20%).

That said everything is OP atm, best let things settle – I’ve seen ridiculous builds over the last few days (some things are ridiculously tanky/murdery).

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Personally I’d wait about a month to see where the meta settles before I start pointing fingers, just in case my class is broken too.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Give a higher ICD to the Daze = Stun trait (this lines up too easily with the now improved Mantras) and probably remove the baseline +15% Phant damage (increase the chosen trait to +20%).

That said everything is OP atm, best let things settle – I’ve seen ridiculous builds over the last few days (some things are ridiculously tanky/murdery).

Chosen trait to 15% illusions + 15% extra damage phantoms, other case you are nerfing another build that used to have both traits.

Nerf the +100% stealth duration of the grandmaster trait in chaos to 50% without affecting torch fourth skill, giving mass invisibility, torch 4 skill and veil 1 second more each.

Make the daze to stun adept trait in domination become interrupt to stun so it have both: more counterplay and prize skills instead of deadbrains.

Seems like damage from the stat changes in gear and bases (not traits or skills) need some tunning, same with some conditions formulas (burn- not super hard, cant ponder a good % of actual damage since i have clean it before it goes to agravating stacks).

Buff staff recharge rate in chaos armor to 2.5-3% (nerf was to big).

Give us a 4 grandmaster trait in chaos with clon deaths traits merged, so we dont lost the optons (even if nobody use it after lol).