Elites in PVP

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

I cannot equip my elite spec? I was under the impression pvpers could equip it right away? It’s making me purchase it for the 60 hero points.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

You can only equip it for the bottom specialization line. You know, the one with the golden trim that looks different than others.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

It appeared literally when i was looking in the menu after relogging.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Necromonger.4970

Necromonger.4970

So it’s possible to use the elite specs in pvp without purchasing the expansion ? I’m asking, because I have gw2 uninstalled.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

So it’s possible to use the elite specs in pvp without purchasing the expansion ? I’m asking, because I have gw2 uninstalled.

No, it is not possible to use elite specializations in PvP if you do not own Heart of Thorns.

Yes, elite specializations are far superior to normal professions, and have no drawbacks whatsoever.

No, you cannot choose to join matches with other players who do not own the expansion.

Yes, this does mean Guild Wars 2 is now technically Pay-to-Win.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Necromonger.4970

No, it is not possible to use elite specializations in PvP if you do not own Heart of Thorns.

Yes, elite specializations are far superior to normal professions, and have no drawbacks whatsoever.

No, you cannot choose to join matches with other players who do not own the expansion.

Thanks for the answer.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

So much lies lol, so a Elementalist, Warrior, Thief or Guardian dont have the most evident drawbacks for getting elite ?? (the others have too but less evident)

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

If you can only play with other players who don’t own the expansion, then how can it be pay to win?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

so every expansion in every mmo ever is pay2win?

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Necromonger.4970

*buy to play, not pay to win.
gw2 is advertised as F2P and a level playing field in pvp, i guess that is no longer true.
Gated content that can only be acquired with money and gives you even slight advantage is pay to win.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

gw2 is advertised as F2P and a level playing field in pvp, i guess that is no longer true.
Gated content that can only be acquired with money and gives you even slight advantage is pay to win.

You call it pay2win, everyone else who played an MMO would call it standard operating procedure.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Kalriostraz.6819

Kalriostraz.6819

How is it pay to win if you can’t use those new specs against players without the expansion? Even IF every elite was strictly better than base, you don’t/can’t fight against people without the expansion. Ergo, it cannot be P2W.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

So much lies lol, so a Elementalist, Warrior, Thief or Guardian dont have the most evident drawbacks for getting elite ?? (the others have too but less evident)

As a guard main, DH comes with no drawbacks. Sure, you lose virtues and team support, but you gain so much for yourself its ridiculous + a weapon that actually functions at range.

Best anet could do without segregating the community so hard would be to make matchmaking balance out the amount of elite users with non elites, like 2-3 elites per team.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

If you can only play with other players who don’t own the expansion, then how can it be pay to win?

How is it pay to win if you can’t use those new specs against players without the expansion? Even IF every elite was strictly better than base, you don’t/can’t fight against people without the expansion. Ergo, it cannot be P2W.

I repeat: You CANNOT choose to join matches with OTHER players who DO NOT own the expansion.

I do not mean that players with the expansion cannot join matches with players without. I mean that players without cannot join matches exclusively with other players without.

In other words: I do not own the expansion, and although I have paid for the core game 3 years ago, I can no longer compete in PvP because the elite specializations are far superior.

A Berserker is far superior to a Warrior.
A Reaper is far superior to a Necromancer.
A Scapper is far superior to an Engineer.

The list goes on.

Everyone I know who do not own the expansion no longer stand a chance in PvP, because we are being put against players who do own the expansion, no matter what.

Therefore, if you want to keep PvPing, you are required to purchase the expansion, because it is an upgrade. That is why they are called elite specializations. It is purely monetized vertical progression. You pay so that you can win.

(edited by Rangelost.4857)

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

it is indeed paytowin from a pvp only point of view the elite specs are currently trashing others with no effort specially Reapers and Revenants

Elites in PVP

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

@range

Relax, berserker isnt that threatening.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Necromonger.4970

You call it pay2win, everyone else who played an MMO would call it standard operating procedure.

nah, remove the F2P tag and it’s a “standard operating procedure”. Add F2P tag, gate content, that gives you advantage, and it becomes pay to win.

I guess i’ll just wait for now and get some feedback, i was kinda disappointed with the core game and really don’t want to waste more money on gw2.
“Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me”

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

A Berserker is far superior to a Warrior.
A Reaper is far superior to a Necromancer.
A Scapper is far superior to an Engineer.

Bullkitten, Berserker is absolute garbage compared to normal warrior and a condi oriented reaper is not rly better than a condi necro. I don’t own the expansion and still wreck ppl, with elite specs or not, just fine on my GS/Axe+Shield warrior, thank you.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: virus.4370

virus.4370

pvp should be about skill..not about money..but HOT elite forms has made it all about money..and when i got gws 2 i paid for it..before someone says the game is free..i had to drop almost 80$ US..when the game was a new release..now my content is locked..so not cool..

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

GW2 PvP has always been about players being on equal footing: no power gap due to gear. It’s the one reason I was playing this MMO over others, for the fair PvP.
Now that’s all gone.
Elite specs are stronger than the others there’s no denying it, people who buy the expansion have an advantage of those who don’t, there’s no denying that either.
Give elite specs for free in PvP or gtfo, Anet. Actually I’ll gtfo until they pull their head of their kitten.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

What are you talking about? I don’t have the expansion and I see elite specs all the time in sPvP.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think you’re confusing L2P for P2W.

If you have a firm grasp of the core skills and builds, you can counter the new Elites. Just remember that this requires you to have mastered said skills.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Right now, most of the Elite specs are not good.

As a matter of fact, I have no idea why they even refer to them as “Elite”.

The intention is to balance all the new “specs” to be EQUAL to all the base specs. So if people without the expansion can’t beat them then they will get nerfed.

Right now however, most of the Elite specs suck. So I have absolutely no idea what you are complaining about.

Attachments:

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

I kinda agree with this guy. Just like the previous BWs, I’ve been owning HoT buyers with their fancy elite-but-not-really specs.

Props to anet for not being greedy and for not abandoning non HoT buyers. I’m not against giving them money. I just don’t do a lot of PVE to justify buying HoT.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: virus.4370

virus.4370

The intention is to balance all the new “specs” to be EQUAL to all the base specs. So if people without the expansion can’t beat them then they will get nerfed.

Right now however, most of the Elite specs suck. So I have absolutely no idea what you are complaining about.

well i was fighting a druid character with my ranger and had no effect on him.. he instantly heals ..no matter what i hit him with..yesterday..was killing players left and right.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

well i was fighting a druid character with my ranger and had no effect on him.. he instantly heals ..no matter what i hit him with..yesterday..was killing players left and right.

Pst…. try some cc. I swear, this thread is so funny. Just because something is new and people don’t know how to fight them yet, everyone is screaming “OP” and crying that it is all pay to win now. So sad…..

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Pst…. try some cc. I swear, this thread is so funny. Just because something is new and people don’t know how to fight them yet, everyone is screaming “OP” and crying that it is all pay to win now. So sad…..

Yes its absolutely ridiculous. God forbid ppl have to learn the new specs to be able to counter them, but w ecan’t have that right? The moment something I don’t understand beats me it’s op. The amount of crying bads is absolutely ridiculous.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Yes, the only problem with poorly played elites is that it takes kitten long to kill them, and the process is kinda boring.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Warrior is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Ranger is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Necromancer is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Elementalist is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Guardian is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Thief is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Revenant is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Mesmer is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Engineer is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Don’t know why you even mention CC, real win strategy is to just bring their health down to 0.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Warrior is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Ranger is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Necromancer is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Elementalist is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Guardian is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Thief is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Revenant is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Mesmer is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Engineer is OP, Pst…. try some cc. Don’t know why you even mention CC, real win strategy is to just bring their health down to 0.

Of course. But as I said above, what a kitten bore. The ranger elite thing is ridiculous. Takes forever to kill it, but considering it isn’t really hurting you, it turns into a boring boss fight. More relieved than elated when the thing is finally downed.

(edited by Bellizare.5816)

Elites in PVP

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Kinda because they lack stab and make for an easy target to focus? If they’re in their avatar state, they have 0 offensive power and can only spam daze and their natural convergence to try and delay you. Outside of the state (which actually takes a lot to top off if you aren’t a cleric/settler amulet), they’re just your average everyday ranger.

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I bought the expac for my main acct even though I hardly leave hotm. I queued on my non HoT acct to see how the old builds fare vs new elites.

Umm it’s funny coz my d/d ele is still the most effective at capture and combat.

And as the elite spec people are still figuring things out, they drag the team down. I kinda like having vanilla builds in my team.

Funny how we all have different perspectives on things.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Elites in PVP

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Elite has nothing to do with being better. It is called elite because you can only have one elite spec at a time. Not that you could now anyway but in the future there will be more elite specs but you will not be able to equip them both at once. That’s why they’re called elite.